[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Touhou Genso Rondo isn't doing so well at the moment...

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160901_173856.jpg (96KB, 720x784px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160901_173856.jpg
96KB, 720x784px
I've seen reviews about the game since review copies are sent out but based on various reviews, the game isn't going on so well, especially with the lengthy tutorial being one of the main concern.

I'm worried that this might scar the series for the mainstream gamers in the West...
>>
well most doujin games are shit, what do you expect? Especially the ones that are getting localized, idk what they were thinking.

I would love to buy an official collection of the official games, theres not many doujins ones worth mentioning.
>>
>>15777207
I feel like I should, probably unnecessarily, point out that the official games are also doujin games.
>>
>>15777193
Good, why should any of us care about ADHD secondaries not even starting with the original games?
>>
>>15777264
To be fair, if they did the main games, it would run at the great risk of being totally bashed because of the art style.
>>
(+) A lot of bullets can be on the screen at once
(+) The characters are cute

How are these even positives?
>>
>>15777350
Good. If they can't appreciate the games as they are, I don't want more normalfags shitting up the fanbase any more than it already is.
>>
It'd help if they spelt it correctly.
>>
>>15777193
It's an unpopular genre and the game isn't actually all that good (or bad either), even if it presents well for a doujin production.

Touhou doujin games will never gain traction with "mainstream" gamers either way, they don't match their interests in the least.
>>
>>15777193
any idea if this would be also available in PC?
>>
>>15777425
It was originally on PC.

>>15777411
Now I really wish the series would stay obscure in the mainstream gaming media.

I doubt that would even help ZUN's goal of promoting indie games.
>>
>>15777445
you mean english version for pc?
damn i need to buy it, all i see are for PS4.
>>
>>15777478
Uh, no. I mean the original Genso Rondo.
>>
>>15777193
But the game is mediocre at best.
>>
>>15777193
Good, the less mainstream attention Touhou gets in the West, the better
>>
>>15777193
Lol OP, what were you expecting? This game was destined to get mixed reviews from day one.
>>
Good. Fuck NISA and I hope the touhou mystery dungeon game they're doing doesn't do well either.

I'm getting the shitty one Xseed is putting out in a few weeks.
>>
>>15777193
>Touhou Genso Rondo isn't doing so well at the moment...
Of course not, that game is trash. Try playing it yourself some time.
>>
I bought it for the art book and PSN avatars desu
>>
>>15783679
I kinda loved the game
>>
>>15777193
https://twitter.com/abysmalhypogeum/status/771697110349520896

"Play, Doujin is ultimately a derivative work. So, if it fails, we'll just throw it away"

ZUN doesn't care anyway. So I think it's fine.
>>
I was just thinking the other day, doesn't introducing fan games to people unfamiliar with Touhou seriously miss the point of these games? Personally, half the appeal of playing fan games comes from seeing the characters I know and love placed in different game types, along with all the in-jokes inherent to the Touhou setting. But without that pre-existing familiarity, those games aren't anywhere near as interesting. For example, TPDP is a pretty good Pokemon clone, but for someone unfamiliar to Touhou what reason do they have to play it over Pokemon itself? And that goes doubly so for a game like this which is a more mediocre version of its inspiration, Senko no Ronde. The same can be said for most other fan games. I can't see any of these localizations doing particularly well.
>>
>>15790295
>I was just thinking the other day, doesn't introducing fan games to people unfamiliar with Touhou seriously miss the point of these games?
Yes.
>For example, TPDP is a pretty good Pokemon clone, but for someone unfamiliar to Touhou what reason do they have to play it over Pokemon itself?
There's actually plenty of differences between the two that might make one or the other a better choice. So that's a bad example.
>>
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/aya-shameimaru-additional-story-bgm/cid=UP1063-CUSA05257_00-AYASTORY00000001

SHANGAI KIKELICE
>>
How many of you guys have played this game, what's it like? Is it a generic shmup or are there any unique gimmics
>>
>>15801301
We knew this was coming when they put ULiL up there with EXCLUSIVE Content. Wonder how much Tasofro will put in for the PS4 version which will NEVER get put on PC.

>>15790295
It's a mistake. It was one from day one.
>>
>>15790295
TPDP has a lot of improvements over the original franchise. Thought most people won't play it if they don't know about ouhou in the first place.
There are a lot of top notch doujin fangames.
>>
>>15777193
All I heard pre-Western Release was "it's shit"
>>
>>15777370
Maybe the reviewer has some requirement for 3 positives and 3 negatives and couldn't think of enough positives?

Also, cute characters definitely is a positive, just a minor one.
>>
>>15802377
It's not worth getting, and that applies to both the PC and PS4 version. The playstyle is slow and there's a lot of button mashing involved. I'm not even quite sure why this game was chosen to be localized and released overseas.

>>15801301
Sellout confirmed.
>>
>>15802686
They had to start somewhere. The onther games confirmed for western release are "better"
>>
Well it was originally a doujin so
>>
I was kinda looking forward to this and the Vita versions.
With the recent developments in mind, I think I'll reconsider. I don't want to support these kinds of business schemes with doujin software, and the Smach Z isn't dead after all, so I'll probably go with that instead.
>>
I honestly doubt people would be interested in the official games. It just seems like this kind of game caters more toward secondaries.

I hope ZUN considers releasing TH16 overseas.
>>
>>15801301
ZUN is getting dangerously close to selling out the doujin scene.
>>
>>15807466
>touhou 16 released
>ps4-exclusive
>reimu is the only playable character
>marisa will be dlc
>special character for people who ordered the special edition
>arranged soundtrack dlc
>>
>>15777193
Good. Touhou officially coming west in any form is only gonna bring retards into the "fandom".
>>
>>15806560
Why didn't we get LoLK on Playism anyhow?
>>
>>15808394
There's already quite a few retards, if /jp/ and other spots are any indication. The base is bad enough as it is.

>>15808522
ZUN probably doesn't care for Playism anymore after the embarrassing release of DDC on the site.
>>
File: vs.png (293KB, 816x506px) Image search: [Google]
vs.png
293KB, 816x506px
>>15809001
>>
>>15809001
>embarrassing release
How do you consider it embarrassing?
>>
>>15777193
I played the original and it was boring, repetitive and way too easy
Not surprised by this
>>
>>15809011
From what I remember, it was poorly handled. Buyers expected the game to be in English, but it wasn't despite Playism implying it would be.
>>
>>15809183
>but it wasn't despite Playism implying it would be.
They didn't.
>>
>>15801301
2hu is kill
>>
I understand there's probably fucking nobody playing online, but would it be worth it to try to git gud at this? I'm not too impressed by the single player, but is there any more depth to the gameplay when playing against a human opponent?
>>
>>15810298
No, to all your questions.
>>
Idk what I'm doing in this game, but I keep mashing square and winning every story mode match so that's cool.
>>
>>15777193
Well the characters are cute and a lot of bullets can be on the screen at once.

That's all I really want out of the Touhou IP.
>>
>>15809183
Kind of a shame, maybe it should've been made clearer that you could feel free to patch them with translations
>>
>>15777193
Cheap fangames sold on consoles at higher prices? Not a surprise they're met with negativity.
>>
So this doesn't even stand up to Suguri, SnR, etc? That's a shame.
>>
Why do companies like these always pick such shitty games? Is it just that most people won't strike deals with them, or do they just make decisions by throwing darts?
>>
I think it's alright for what it is. Scarlet Curiousity is coming out in a week or so and I really enjoyed that on PC. Plus there's also Gensou Wanderer coming in early 2017.

I don't see anything wrong with this as anyone who is buying these titles has probably played the PC titles of the main series for years like I have.
>>
Next time post the actual review and omit the number. Oh wait, you only care about the number for some reason.
>>
So, did any /jp/sie actually buy the thing?
>>
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/touhou-genso-rondo-bullet-ballet/critic-reviews

Full list of critic reviews so far. A lot of them are spot-on.
>>
>>15829950
Eh, most of them are completely mystified by the subgenre and not a one of them mentions anything else in the versus shump SnR subgenre.
>>
>>15829950
40bux for THAT?!

Are you fucking me?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.