[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elona

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 32

File: CanIgetMyGodRewardNow.jpg (221KB, 600x415px) Image search: [Google]
CanIgetMyGodRewardNow.jpg
221KB, 600x415px
>New Player Guide/FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/Zcavai8x

>Mods:
http://pastebin.com/vZ8Hfw6C

>Previous Thread:
>>15722206

Feel free to post characters, pets, stories, and questions. Lets do our best today.
>>
>>15764194
Where can i find the creature files? I need to check which skills they have because i think the wiki is not completely up to date with such info.
>>
Is there something wrong with awakened dungeons?

I was doing them a lot and i started noticing that sometimes they randomly turn into non-awakened dungeons once i go downstairs in them.
>>
>>15764410
No idea although most people just gene engineer creatures creatures into their pet until they get everything they need. Like they'll go to the slave trader in Derphy or just dominate random monsters in a dungeon until they have everything they need.
>>
>>15764490
Problem is that sometimes the skill you want doesn't get transferred right away thus requiring 2 or more gene engineering phases to get it.

Compound the fact that there is a gazillion monsters and many share a common set of skills it can be difficult to find what you want.

Could try something in Wizard mode by spawning and using monocles but i don't know the first thing of wizard mode.
>>
>>15764509
You can do all that if you wish but you're making this more complicated than it really needs to be. It's pretty easy to just dominate any random monster and gene engineer until you have everything like what the other anon said. You're going to be doing many dungeons anyhow. You'll get everything eventually. I also don't understand why you're doing what you're doing. Even if you do find the specific creature you're looking for by using wizard mode, you still have to hunt down the real thing outside of it unless you want to be labeled a cheater. Hunting down the real thing is all RNG anyhow.
>>
>>15764530
Because if i can find "cheaper" alternatives is better, especially if i need to outfit multiple pets.
>>
>>15764544
Also, i'm not nearly powerful or rich enough to just go around spamming Dominate/Rod of Domination on everything i see.
>>
>>15764544
>"cheaper" alternatives
Explain this
>>
>>15764547
Hate to break it to you but if you can't easily dominate monsters or get/afford high enough monster balls then you really shouldn't be aiming to get every skill on a pet yet. You also can't technically get everything until you can get gain attribute scrolls too as there are two skills I think that you can't get through gene engineering. Cooking you can get through the slaves in the Derphy at least.
>>
>>15764549
Less rare monsters.
Also, since not all skills are transferred at once and i don't want to give a pet a fuckton of bodyparts (that 5% speed penalty sucks) it also require a stock of sacrificial slaves to catalogue what gives what without messing my main pets up.

Hence with Wizard mode i could do this with much less setup, if i knew how to use it.

>>15764561
I'm after Tailoring, Mining, Fishing, Swimming and Gardening.
I got Tailoring on the little girl but i can't remember where i got it, i think Derphy but i'm not sure.
>>
>>15764568
When you use the gene machine you see what skills and parts a monster will give your pet. You don't have to accept the gene. There is a whole dialogue box for the process and you can close out of it if you don't want a body part or whatever.
>>
>>15764577
I know.
But i also discovered that may need multiple subject for gene engineering to get all the skills out of that particular monster as it seems it's limited to giving only 2 skills at a time, the monster has 3 skills your pet doesn't have? You need to gene engineer two of them into your pet.
>>
>>15764568
Never had any problems adding limbs I didn't want to my pet. Like other anon said, gene machine gives you a preview of what you may be getting and you can always close out if you don't like it thus not inheriting anything. No need for wizard mode or the like.
>>
>>15764568
Don't think wizard mode lets you spawn creatures. I agree with the other anon though, if you aren't strong enough or rich enough to dominate monsters or capture them I'd hold off on trying to get skills until you are strong enough. Besides, if you're depending too much on your pets and fail to become strong yourself you're going to have lots of problems later on in the game.
>>
>>15764619
I wanted to send the old ones to the dojou while i train the newer one.
Adding the "find material" plus tailoring and cooking is just the icing on the cake as i'll be able to get some more materials, equipment and potential.
>>
>>15764619
Speaking from experience with what I said in my post above. It's a horrible feeling having to cower behind walls while my pets do all the work of having to kill everything but they're kinda dumb and get themselves killed sometimes.
>>
>>15764547
Can also make monster balls using pot for fusion or if you have access to South Tyris you can buy high level monster balls from an NPC called Lend.
>>
>>15764703
>pot for fusion
Do you have any idea how much those 4th dimensional pocket books cost? Also i'm currently doing the fighter guild so that i can equip one of the next pets down the line (reason was i needed tactics and eye of mind, decided "fuck it" and i'm going the full mile while stockpiling absurd amounts of ancient books)

But still: detection, tailoring, gardening, gene engineer, cooking, mining, fishing, travelling, lockpicking, pickpocketing, swimming.
Eye of mind and greater evasion can come later since they seem to be more "high-level-monster" skills. Those materials don't come themselves and when i make it rain i want everyone to be able to punch their target faster, also passive skill learning is always good.
>>
>>15764733
>Do you have any idea how much those 4th dimensional pocket books cost?
? They're pretty cheap. Anyhow, I just tossed it out there as an alternative to trying to level the domination spell or having to raise magic device if you use the rod version.
>>
>>15764733
From my playthrough;
tailoring: chaos mushroom, kentaurs
cooking: Derphy slave nurse.
greater evasion: either a gold bell or a quickling, can't remember which.
Assuming it's not random/seeded, because why does a mushroom have tailoring.
>>
>>15764761
Weave the mycelium?
Idk, i know i have it on my little girl but i can't remember where i found it. Never caught a shroom either.
>>
What will happen if I spend the whole year traveling across the map?
Will I become super strong?
>>
>>15764818
Like leveling the traveling skill? You'll gain some skills here and there but after awhile it slows down considerably. You're best off later just grinding out specific skills. Still, if you have the choice to cast return or walk somewhere you probably want to take advantage of traveling unless you really need to get somewhere fast.
>>
>>15764818
>>15764843
Doesn't the whole experience "pack" get dumped when you reach a town?
Would it be possible to thus keep a high potential and then causing the skill to level multiple times at once?
>>
>>15764848
By slow down I mean as you level a skill it actually slowly gets harder to level them. Not talking about potential here but just the sheer amount of exp needed to get to the next level.
>>
File: godring.png (408KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
godring.png
408KB, 800x600px
>>15764464
I don't normally do awakened dungeons as I mainly stick with the void for Kai but I decided to check them out since I was doing dungeons anyhow for gold medals. Using Elona+ 1.61. Out of the 15 awakened dungeons I did, I didn't really notice anything odd. Most of the dungeons were in the 300-700 range. I observed the usual occasional floor hazards. Out of the 15 awakened dungeons I got 14 Nefia cores. Seemed pretty normal since at the 500 level range you have a 90% chance of generating a core. Don't think you ever get to 100% chance though. Not sure if my sample size is big enough for any definite conclusion but so far everything seemed normal. None of the cores I got really interested me but I did get this godly ring. Even though I wish I could get a godly ring with practically nothing on it, this isn't a bad ring for stuff on it. The second page says the ring prevents teleport so that could be useful against those crabs I'm not particularly fond of. Would also be a decent pet ring.
>>
File: walkani.png (1MB, 1597x1201px) Image search: [Google]
walkani.png
1MB, 1597x1201px
Well this is new to me. Reading the wiki a long time ago on custom sprites I was under the impression that pets could only have a 48x48 static sprite. Well, I was able to use a pcc for my pet. Now she has walking animations just like me. Was this always in the game?
>>
>>15766057
Its been around for a long time at least.
>>
>>15766088
Wow. Well I'll try to forgive myself over the fact that I've been playing this game for a very long time yet managed to miss this ;;
>>
I just had a blue baptist drop a speed upper potion. Not listed on the wiki so yeah.
>>
>>15766057
To be honest since you seem to make (or at least spend a good amount of effort on) all the other customization assets yourself I'd always assumed you intentionally chose not to use PCCs on your pets for some reason.
>>
holy shit necromancy is ridiculous, i just mananged to clear a lvl 300 dungeon as a level 49 with my three dead eyes, four dragon and six liches.

gonna try south tyris fort next wish me luck jp
>>
>>15764619
>Don't think wizard mode lets you spawn creatures

So either i go full pokemans or i find a way to access the creature files
>>
>>15767236
Creature info isn't stored in seperate files. Everything is in the executable.

But it should be trivial to add creature spawning to wizard mode. I'm still on vacation (and so am being even more lazy than usual), but wait another week and I'll add this into Custom.

If the pastebin has the experimental builds I did before though, every NPC's actions and spells should be listed in the external npc files I made. It would be by action ID though, and I don't remember if I ever posted a dump of action ID to skill/spell name.
>>
>>15767969
Oh, if you're after individual skills for gene engineering, look at the race/class pages on the wiki. If the race or class has it naturally, it should be donatable. It's what I always did and never had a pro anyways.
>>
>>15767981
That's a way but it's wholly dependent on how much the wiki is up to date.

Also it's probable (haven't cross-checked) that some creatures have skills that exclude from what they normally would have from the race-class combination.
If this is not the case then it gets simpler to find the more commonly available candidates.
>>
Is it better for my valkyrie to have 4 arms and wield Pile Driver and 3 tonfas or have 2 arms and wield Pile Drive and a tonfa?
>>
>>15768113
If it has 13 body parts or more (your average human character has 12 then it gets a global 5% speed penalty (ie: speed rings also get truncated by 5%)

This can be a big pain in the ass if you need your pet to go faster than some enemies.
>>
>>15764561
I've seen gene engineering on monsters in more recent versions of +. Can't remember what I saw it on though.
>>
>>15768196
Correct but you're one off anon. 13 body parts is the norm.

>>15768113
Make sure you put that tonfa in the shoot slot. You don't get your two hand bonus if you have a tonfa equipped in any hand slot.
>>
File: 50212286_p1_master1200.jpg (412KB, 720x1200px) Image search: [Google]
50212286_p1_master1200.jpg
412KB, 720x1200px
I don't understand. The wiki and other forums about this game say Mutant and Golems are the strongest race in the game but paging through the Elona archive on 4chan I don't see that. I see very strong characters of other races and no Golems or Mutants. If they're strong shouldn't they have more representation or was this only a thing of the past? What is everyone playing these days? Take the strawpoll.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11120708

Might as well ask what class as well. What class did you start out as?

http://www.strawpoll.me/11120780

Interested in knowing the reason you chose your race and class combination if you want to share.
>>
>>15770521
From a strictly theoretical, unlimited resources perspective, Fairy wins due to the DV bonus and crazy resists. However, this requires more grinding for hero cheese, harder grinding for AP, and way way too many flying scrolls.
Mutant is also a strong contender for melee builds, but empty-hands martial arts becomes absolutely batshit at high skill levels and the advantage of multiple hands wanes.
All golem brings is dim immunity, which can be emulated by very high sound resistance.

Realistically speaking though, all the paths to ultimate power are open to all races, so it's often more about what you feel like RPing or what makes for the easiest start.
>>
File: 87c.jpg (17KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
87c.jpg
17KB, 358x310px
>>15770606
>empty-hands martial arts
>>
>>15770521
Roll
Yerles
Erry
Run
>>
>>15770891
Anon might be referring to how high level martial artists don't use even martial art related weapons such as tonfas and claws.The number of attacks you get by not using martial artist related weapons and just your fists is more compared to a martial artist that is using tonfas and claws. Only reason why martial artists even use tonfas and claws in this game early on is because their damage isn't there yet to justify going without.
>>
>>15770954
What?
>>
File: untitled.png (267KB, 798x599px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
267KB, 798x599px
Lol cute.
>>
>>15771374
Grats on the Al'ud
>>
Is the best way to get black mist material from searching gathering spots? For some reason, my pet isn't getting any and I need a few poison items for artifact fusion.
>>
>>15771612
Try to farm gain material scrolls off of magic vendors and bless the scrolls as well. Between the three sources of materials, gathering spots, pets, and gain material scrolls, you should eventually get what you need.
>>
>unitdead-king
>Undeadgod. Unaffected by equipment attribute that deals massive damage to gods. Rotten corpse. Super Regene on low health. Uses Shadow Step, Squeeze, Boost.

>unitdead-queen
>Undeadgod. Unaffected by equipment attribute that deals massive damage to gods. Rotten corpse. Super Regene on low health. Psychic Wave, Gravity Sphere.

>unitdead-jack
>Undeadgod. Unaffected by equipment attribute that deals massive damage to gods. MP Breath on low health. Nether Breath, Voracity Fang, Draw Shadow, Swarm, Megid Flame.

>unitdead-joker
>Undeadgod. Unaffected by equipment attribute that deals massive damage to gods. Rotten corpse. Cure of Jua on low health. Provoke, Short Teleport, Alchemical Rain, Ice Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Slow. Over-Ray when gauge is sufficient. (When NPCs use Alchemical Rain, it will only make targets wet, but they will remain wet for longer.)

anyone used these yet? how are they? are they randomly generated or do you require spesific spooks to summon them
>>
what even
>>
File: well then.png (431KB, 799x588px) Image search: [Google]
well then.png
431KB, 799x588px
>>15772948
oops, forgot the file
I tried replacing the map1 with the vanilla, plus and then the /jp/ endorsed one in the pastebin
>>
>>15771657
I'm getting maybe 1-3 from gathering spots in level 140+ dungeons, so it's not too bad. But my pet never gets them and that'd be the easiest way to farm some up, so I'm wondering if it's just me. I got plenty of all the other materials for the other resistance fusion items from my pet.
>>
>>15770521
My character >>15766057
Wanted to play a martial artist that could cast spells as I saw that as a powerful combo. Chose the predator class for speed bonus and because the increased crit chance would help out my Melee damage and provide a nice cascading effect for the special action attribute. Renamed my class to the breaker though. Went with Eulderna because I wanted to cast spells at the start of the game and the attribute bonus and life and mana set me up to run hybrid play easier. Role playing wise Kai's father, previous character, was a Eulderna and his mother, a Valkyrie, was a Roran. Roran's, canon wise, are exclusively female so Kai took on his father's race. He inherited his fathers magical aptitude and his mothers inhuman physical strength common to the Roran race. He also has his mother's eyes which is blue, the typical eye color for Rorans. Currently training my martial artist student Saya and will be joined by littler girl, Kai's Roran sister, when she's done with her magical studies.
>>
>>15772954
The Elona+ overworld tiles, along with the entire mod, is standalone. You don't have to overwrite any files from vanilla. Also, you should be playing Elonaplus.exe if you weren't previously.

The map mod in the pastebin only affects the tiles when you're actually inside of a map, such as a town or a dungeon.
>>
>>15772474
Think you have to reach a certain part of the story before they start spawning as regular monsters in dungeons. They're monsters you can encounter from the looks of it.
>>
New player here. I am wielding an axe but only gaining CON exp instead of STR. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>15776056
Axe wielding should help in leveling strength as it is a strength related skill. Make sure your weapon type is really an axe as blunt, polearms, and staves train constitution. Are you training other skills alongside wielding your axe? Mining, healing, shield, heavy armor, and medium armor all train constitution. Some of those skills are leveled passively.
>>
Join the Discord

https://discord.gg/TXdANy9
>>
>>15776056
If you're wielding the Rankis, which looks like an axe, that's really a polearm.
>>
>>15776225
Can i update to elona+/custom 1.6.1 without having to create a new save?

What is the correct "transfer procedure"?
>>
>>15777380
An older Elona+ version save can be transferred to a newer Elona+ version. Before updating, make sure you save isn't in a dungeon. If you update and try to load your game from a dungeon your save will become corrupted so make sure you save somewhere else such as in town or on the world map.

Now, make a backup of your save. Make a copy your save folder and put it somewhere. If something should go wrong you'll be happy you have your backup.

Once you've properly saved your character and made a backup, all you need to do is copy the save folder and paste it into the new version's folder. You then load up the game and load your save. The game will update your save to the new version and you can then play your save.
>>
File: this is nice gun.png (337KB, 1240x400px) Image search: [Google]
this is nice gun.png
337KB, 1240x400px
Holey moley jackpot! I guess.

Should i invest into it (fire/acidproof+superior material+enchantment to blacksmith) and give it to a pet? And what should i aim for as far as materials and blacksmith go?
>>
>>15777446
Whether or not you invest in it will depend on how long you intend to have the weapon equipped and not swap it out for something better. The Winchester Premium, god reward from Mani, and the Rail Gun, if you're strong enough to defeat a chaos fort boss, are always there for the taking and may be better. The Winchester at least isn't too hard to get.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Winchester_Premium

If you do intend to have it around for the long run, adamantium material type or ether material type might be what you're looking for to add damage to the weapon. Not sure if you can use a superior material scroll but a material kit will definitely work on the weapon.
>>
>>15777531
I'm going with jure at the moment, once i've finished with her truce ground reward i'll go for Mani then.

But i still think this could be a monster on a bell since it invokes Lulwy's Trick and seems to have insta-kill properties.

Just stocked up on sleep drugs, maybe i can catch one.
>>
>>15777546
The insta kill property is referring to the eternal force aspect of the weapon.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Eternal_force

From the sounds of it, it's one time use and your magic device skill will determine if it does a lot of damage or not. Death word might be pretty good but I'm a bit worried that all that damage will also hit you as well.
>>
>>15777555
Looking at it could i use the "eternal force" to instakill Ultima and get the railgun?
It's not a {} monster so the word of death should work
>>
>>15777574
aaand the answer is "no"
>>
Question: is there a limit on NPC spawn in the "world" combat maps (the one you get when you enter a normal world square by pressing "enter" or because of a ambush, not a city or dungeon)? Because when i'm there ith my liches then nothing spawn but if i'm alone or with pets then there is always a enemy coming at regular intervals
>>
>>15777858
How many liches are we talking about here? You can fill up a map with summons, but I'm not sure the exact limit.
>>
>>15778152
>>
>>15778159
No idea then, they must all be scared of your liches.
>>
>>15778197
They aren't scared of two OP pets though.

Seriously, since i teached my little girl Shadow Step she just insta kill anything beyond visual range, the Exile, previously all powerful is left to kill whatever wasn't immediately decapitated.
>>
Is necromancy worth persuing? What can you use it for?
>>
>>15778369
Necromancy is either an all-in that can be your means of combat or worthless. No real in-between.
In practice, it's like playing a pet character but you upgrade your necromancy skills instead of upgrading the pets.
>>
>>15778369
If you don't want to keep feeding exp or AP to your pets you use necromancy.
Necromancy has a somewhat higher initial cost to be useful (you need at least the bodypart of a level 31+ monster to get a skeleton warrior, first spook that is somewhat useful) but it may be better in the long run (no need to pay to resurrect them, can strengthen and heal them with a special action, at higher levels of anatomy and alchemy they become very powerful)

However a bunch of properly built pets (not spooks) can have more overall utility (especially with Elona Custom since you can create a personalized AI) and with proper equipment be very powerful. Plus they are more readily available.

However spooks need to be directed, unless you attack something or that something attacks you specifically, your spooks will just stay there twiddling their thumbs
>>
>>15778398
>>15778390
>>15778369
Am I the only person here that uses spooks in conjunction with powerful pets?
>>
File: madmg.png (4MB, 1598x2400px) Image search: [Google]
madmg.png
4MB, 1598x2400px
This could of been done a hundred hours ago however I was busy strengthening my character to get around to killing him but I finally did it. I killed Opatos with my bare hands. Used attribute, clear mind, and rampage. In one turn I managed to get six attacks and did 1,460,000 damage. Had to use a sandbag on him as he was doing down too quickly and I wanted to see how much damage I could shove out. I could do up to 8 attacks in one turn but six is good enough. After I released him to finish him off I used gauge attack and BakuretuKen. Managed to get a 700k spike damage. Equipped the axe and went down to the void to look at my damage. On a void floor 619 enemy I was able to get six attacks in one turn and do about a million damage. Only had clear mind and attribute on this time no rampage. last picture was just of me fighting an enemy in a level 407 dungeon. Wanted to see my damage on a non scaled enemy. Did about 3 million damage. Would of liked to see my damage if I had charge attack, a rotten tomato, and fought an undead creature with my attribute set to fire but that will be for another time.

Still have room to grow still in power. Still need to cap my tactics and strength. As a side note, apparently the enchant that improves the martial arts skill can break the cap of d255 despite me being at cap MA.
>>
>>15780920
Is ehekatl the best endgame god to worship?
>>
>>15780920
God breaker axe is in the shoot slot. Also 3 million damage was only with 4 attacks in one turn so I guess it could of been much higher. Maybe I can push 10 million damage or higher.
>>
>>15780927
I'm just worshiping her at the moment because she's the last god I need to do to get all the normal god rewards. I intend to settle down with Jure in the end but that's my personal preference. Best endgame god really depends on what your character is and personal preference. Go with what works for you.
>>
File: 500m.png (448KB, 798x598px) Image search: [Google]
500m.png
448KB, 798x598px
Will this thing ever be useful?
>>
>>15781038
Could be useful to store money in case you die but if you don't usually die, it's not exactly that useful. People used to use it as a way to transfer gold to their pets but due to all the additions to the game, pet's have an easy time collecting and amassing gold.
>>
>>15781038
no
>>
Does anyone know where the Elona+ soundtrack came from? I can't find it anywhere on the internet.
>>
File: STC.jpg (235KB, 551x600px) Image search: [Google]
STC.jpg
235KB, 551x600px
>>15780920
Jesus christ!
I think i'm doing everything wrong by focusing on spells with the occasional "Staff of the Elements, apply directly to the forehead"

Also, yay for finally using a /tg/ image since, dunno, 3 years ago when it started becoming "quest threads 24/7? Still haven't gone back in fear of seeing what's left of it
>>
>>15782437
You're doing alright. Spells bring a lot to the table due to their damage, healing, and utility options and you can do well for yourself even if it's your only focus. Even though my character Kai is a martial artist he can also pass himself off as a formidable mage considering some of his most used spells are in the level 700 range. While I'm very impressed with the damage output of martial arts, my only gripe with it, and melee in general, is the lack of good AOE options. Mages have fantastic AOE options so I'm glad I went hybrid so I can do massive damage to one enemy or multiple enemies at all ranges.
>>
>>15782556
I hope so, at the moment i'm raw-ifing equipment and doing party time non stop for more and more speed upper
>>
>>15782578
Also, if i cook a spider corpse, do the increase in poison resistance get the cooking bonus? Ie: eating a Spider Steak is more likely to raise my poison resistance than a uncooked spider?
>>
File: boots.png (246KB, 594x402px) Image search: [Google]
boots.png
246KB, 594x402px
Gott pretty nice boots, what to fuse to them? They're at around 900 power now.
>>
Welp, now i need to create another farm just to provide vegetable produces for Kumiromi
>>
>>15782592
Not sure to be honest. I don't really care much for food that boosts resists though. Mainly because I tend to lose them when I sleep eventually. Due to that, I stopped really caring about seeking out said food. Plenty of other ways to boost resists that are more reliable so no worries.
>>
>>15782940
Stuff that boosts resists preferably. Suppose if you're missing a status immunity I'd find a nefia core for it and fuse it.
>>
>>15784064
How good is absolute piercing tear? Do they stack? Do they work with multiple attacks?
>>
>>15784326
Pretty good if your weapon has low pierce %, not so great if your weapon has high pierce.
Yes.
Yes.
>>
I'm on my first playthrough, and I could use some advice on how to spend my small medals. My character is a mid-20s who's currently doing alright on the gear front. Should I continue to save them or buy something?
>>
>>15784474
Oh. I forgot to mention that I have 64 of them at the moment.
>>
>>15784474
Without knowing any more, I'd have to default to saying: Shield Tonfa, Sage's Helm, Hermes Blood, Scrolls of Growth.
Which are the general uses for small medals.
>>
>>15784483
What about the hammer or the void explorer license? Are those only really worthwhile for characters who are very strong?
>>
>>15784476
Sage helm.
You can now tell invisible creatures to fuck off with all your might.
ESPECIALLY the upgraded version of the potion-throwing pumpkins that like nothing more than tanking every single of your stats to absolute shit, inflicting every single negative status effect in existence and then showering you with so much molotovs and acid that your equipment will go to "good" to "it literally fell apart (ie: destroyed) leaving you ass naked" and your health with it.
>>
>>15784474
To add on to what another anon said, you may want to save up for the void license. Once you have access to South Tyris and the AP rewards from the NPC Leold, you may want to look into farming AP and the void is a good place for AP.
>>
>>15784496
Hammer is generally worthless unless you get an amazingly good non-artifact item.

>>15784496
>>15784528
Void license is more of a "I know what I'm doing and want to grind better" thing, to be honest. I wouldn't recommend it to somebody on their first playthrough.
>>
>>15784373
>not so great if your weapon has high pierce.
>i'm martialmemeing
darn it

>>15784496
You start doing void at around level 35-40. You'll have plenty of medals by then.

Hammers are great, but they are best used on good equipment like speed/aurora rings, vindale cloaks and seven league boots.
>>
>The enemy dies.
What exactly does this do?
>>
>>15784544
Better that he knows about the void sooner than later. The services Leold offers will make South Tyris and the dungeon levels and bosses easier to deal with since he offers way to increase speed, gain more bonus points, and get skill/traits that can help one survive. Also extends to pets too.
>>
>>15784580
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Equipment_attributes
>>
File: Bow.jpg (134KB, 634x414px) Image search: [Google]
Bow.jpg
134KB, 634x414px
>>15784483
>>15784501
>>15784544
>>15784558

Thanks for the advice, gents. I have one more question. I found pic related a little while ago, and I was wondering what I should do with it/how I should use it. The reason I haven't used it at all is because I do not want to mess it up, because I want to change the material to something better, and because my current character is hardly optimized to make use of it.

Should I try and get a material kit to make it into diamond (I haven't found a single material kit yet...) or something and then start over from a gene (This is assuming that a gene is just a New Game+ where you keep non-unique items in your inventory and lose everything else)?
>>
>>15784619
If you want to play the long game, wait until you get to yuri dorfs and fuse shit to the bow to the enchantment limit, then start feeding it chechens.

You can always material kit it, and you are guaranteed to get several good material kits from NT sidequests alone.
>>
>>15784619
If you can tame a Bell or something like that (ie: very high speed, ranged attack routine, see the "recommended pets" page in the wiki) you can give it to them and it should gain experience.

I don't think pets can execute the level up so you can do as you please with it.
I would suggest to first enchant it at a blacksmith to +10 (i think it's the max) and then doing the level ups to cover whatever niche you want (resistance, elemental damage, attributes or skills, etc)
For more info http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Living_weapon
>>
>>15784650
Actually, about enchantment.

If i'm right, the max enchantment for living weapon is +10 from blacksmith and another +30 from living weapon levels (why would you do that though)?

Does it trigger "this weapon is too unfair" bullshit, like sac tonfa?
>>
So I finally managed to make a Mutant and cheese my way through the main story only hitting level 5 so I will wind up with 25 or so slots after buying limbs from Gavela. Problem is I have like 4 Life now, is there a good way to get lots of Hero Cheese lategame or was this a bad idea?
>>
>>15784687
Either you go and grind for little sisters or you wish for it.

Or just strap yourself full of Rubynus equipment.

Even better if you can manage to get a bunch of "invoke time stop" weapons along with it, then you can change your name into King Crimson
>>
>>15784687
You can clone little sisters with astral light pen, so if you have lots of pens and/or disposable wishes you can do that.

You can cheese the hell out of performance, but that's a path where despair lies.
>>
>>15784699
>>15784700
Goddamn it. I should have spent all my wish stock from my main on Hero Cheese but for some reason I thought it was precious. Oh well, time to drink myself silly from fountains.
>>
>>15784730
If hero cheese shows up as one of the things you can choose from the little sister quest I'm not sure you can wish for it then. The little sister quest lets you retrieve precious things. A safer route would be what another anon has alluded to with wishing for astral light pens.

Either way though, you're in for a very painful and long grind to get your life back to a reasonable level from the sounds of it.
>>
Is this game any good? I heard I can be a fairy in this game and that its a roguelike. Checked the OP still dont know what I'm in for. Can I get a brief description?
>>
>>15784781
It's a roguelike, yes, but not a traditional one. Death is only permanent if you choose it to be and there is a metric ton of content and mechanics. Best way I could describe it is a mix between a roguelike and a heavily modded Elder Scrolls game or MMO and it's a ton of fun.
>>
>>15784779
It's going to be extremely painful between non-existent life and a constant 50% speed reduction but somehow i'll make it work with extra PV and resists from added slots. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>15784794
Alright I'll give it a go then, thanks!
>>
If you already have Seven League Boots, a Happy Bed, and better rings than a non-artifact Aurora/Speed ring, what's worth using a wish on?
>>
>>15784876
Shift Cores are really cool and also practical.
>>
>>15784876
Either astral pens for >>15784700 if you have no soul, or kumiromi's secret experience for extra feats.
>>
>>15784890
I hadn't heard of these before. Are they consumables? Where do you get them outside of wishing?
>>
>>15784919
You can't get them at all outside of wishing. They're not consumable, just have a CD of an hour.
>>
>>15784919
Wishing only.

They function like gemstones - they're reusable with cooldown.

they also give you an option to change your sprite when in super mode, for maximum chuuni points.
>>
>>15784876
Scrolls of growth (if you have all the skills) or attribute (if you still need one).
Could also start stacking up potions of descent like Kai does.
Potions of evolution pop up every so often from magic vendors, so that's not really critical unless it's early and you want to gamble on some boosts.
>>
>>15784945
>potions of descent
Just for more skill points?
>>
>>15784956
That or you hoard them for a gene that will be a mutant that will complete the whole quest at level 3 and then get so many arms and stuff that can either punch gods into dust or weather a nuke to the face without flinching
>>
>>15784956
yesu desu
and for more hp/mp
also useful for getting actions if you've got the skill requirements but don't feel like legitimately grinding out the xp to levelup
>>
>>15784956
Blessed ones give a free level. This is from Kai, so sorry if I mistake something, but he spends all his time collecting wish stock, then wishes for a bunch of potions of descent, then blesses the stack to jump up ~100 or so levels all at once.
>>
>>15784982
Yeah, but stats do not grow with levels like that.

...Which, admittedly, is not a problem since they'll cap long before even level 1000.
>>
>>15785013

Check the first panel of >>15780920
>>
>>15784932
>>15784929
These sound great. Do you need to specify which one you want when you wish, or does wishing for "shift cores" get you the whole set?
>>
>>15785069
If you just wish for shift core it will get you a random one.
>>
>>15785040
>>15785013
I don't even know where you guys are trying to go with this argument.
You don't gain attributes (strength, magic, etc) by levelup.
If you specifically grind for levels (i.e. by drinking hundreds of potions of descent) you will reach a very high level long before your attributes cap, because you don't gain attributes by leveling up.
>>
File: attributegain.png (776KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
attributegain.png
776KB, 800x599px
>>15785013
Attributes grow independent of a character's level. They have their own exp and can level from herbs and skill grind. You can track their progress if you manage to get Yacatect's glasses. Seems my strength, dexterity, and learning attributes will level soon in my picture. Probably will eat more herbed currarias and/or gain more exp in a melee skill, evasion, or memorization to level up the associated attributes. It should be noted that even if you do cap a skill you can still gain exp for said skill. It will never go beyond the cap of 2000 but that exp will help you level up the attribute associated with the skill. For instance, even though I've capped casting, I still spam the oracle spell to increase my magic attribute which is the fastest growing attribute for me.
>>
>>15785069
You can specify the shift core type you want in the wish and it with give it to you.

I wished for "omega shift core" and it gave it to me.
>>
>>15785193
How big are the stat gains off an omega, anyways?
>>
>>15785193
Would you recommend an omega over the other cores?
>>
>>15785204
Percentage based. I wanna say 25% but i'm usually wrong.

>>15785214
Alpha and Delta are really good.
>>
>>15785204
>>15785240
Omega gives +20% +5 to all stats, plus +120 to magic resistance.

>>15785214
I like the Omega core just because it boosts everything even if it takes 1/150th your hp/mp per turn. (This drain can't kill you though, even if it takes you below negative.

Honestly it depends on what you want. Alpha is nice thanks to magic reflection (though no resistance boost so you still take the full damage).
Delta is good because its speed boost is +20% +50, and the buff is also applied to dv.
>>
Why do all the townspeople turn into /b/tards after finishing act 1 now?
>>
>>15786234
Check the date, and tell me what happens on the first of that month.
>>
>>15786240
Oh right, I never noticed that before.
>>
How do I get the Magic Canceler from Itzpalt?

I got to 4100 faith, prayed to him at the Truce Ground and received the Elemental Staff. I then raised my faith to 4100 again and tried talking to him and just get the message "Sorry, this is untranslated sentence."

Is this a known bug, or is there something I'm doing wrong?
>>
File: elona.jpg (599KB, 1289x787px) Image search: [Google]
elona.jpg
599KB, 1289x787px
What level do you guys usually beat Meshera Alpha? I just pulled it off with Lv 63 Martial Artist.
>>
>>15786340
Just checking but you actually did wish for him to come out and then talked to him? This is Elona+ as well right?
>>
>>15786624
beat it at level 46 necromancers with undead bomb
>>
>>15786624
I think mid 70? I couldn't deal enough damage to get past super regen so I grinded and got charge attack.
>>
File: Vishnu.png (281KB, 625x411px) Image search: [Google]
Vishnu.png
281KB, 625x411px
I really enjoy having a vishnu as a pet.
>>
>>15787009
Get that Dual Wield up for it or you'll be seeing a flurry of misses.
>>
>>15787059
Vishnus have 191 by default.
>>
>>15786240
Explain.
>>
>>15770521
Main's a Juere Predator, because they seem the most fit for that class starting out.

Recently started on a catgod (race called dog) gunner because I raising pets is fucking tedious and I want to be an overpowered cute dog loli that shits death.
>>
>>15787362
You can become a overpowered cute snail loli that shits death with some grinding.

Heck, many of the debug races fuck you over in the long term, some of them don't have certain equipment slots (and you can't gene engineer them like you do with pets), acquiring them requires Gavela in south thyris and it diminishes your max HP
Also it gives you a high stat/speed INI, meaning that you will have to bust your ass thrice (or more) as hard in order to gain APs and APs give a lot of neat stuff lategame.
>>
>>15787377
Not that guy, but it's Elona, anything including racial traits (except maybe golem's dim immunity) is negligible after a couple hundreds levels.

And even on my catsister predator i'm getting a steady stream of AP in void because of her nonexistent life INI.
>>
>>15786685
Do you actually need to use a wish? I got him to appear because I prayed to him at the Truce Ground during November, which spawned him as an NPC I can talk to.
>>
>>15787120
It's currently April in his game.

>>15787377
>>15787391
Equipment slots are very important no matter what your level is.
The "need to eat half as often" bonus is actually a pretty harsh penalty.
High INI just means you get the AP ball rolling later. Once it's going, you're likely also gaining power from other sources more than fast enough to keep up with the increase in needed void depth or awakened dungeon level.
>>
>>15786340
It should be at your feet after you talk to him the second time.
Also you raised your favor, not your faith.
>>
>>15788149
I see it now. Thank you.
>>
I tried asking on /rlg/, they sent me here. Are there a bunch pet portraits, made especially for Elona, somewhere?
>>
File: face33.png (20KB, 80x112px) Image search: [Google]
face33.png
20KB, 80x112px
>>15788609
It's in the second pasta in the OP.
>>
File: lv62.png (2MB, 1601x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lv62.png
2MB, 1601x1200px
>>15786624
Lv 463...yeah I was a bit slow...ok maybe very slow in helping save the world but I assure you Larnneire and company had it all under control!

Think at around level 62 I had just beat Zeome and beelined it to the quest to get the Kumiromi statue. Had 4 statues and spent a lot of time speeding up time and farming herb seeds so it doesn't surprise me too much that this old picture showed me at negative karma. I remember distinctly forgetting to pay my taxes. Apparently I had recently gotten my first 2000 AP in the void which I spent on speed it seems. Around level 66 I went back to kill the chaos fort bosses in North Tyris. It's always fun to compare the damage you do now compared to the past.
>>
>>15788974
>mfw lefel 50 and nowhere close to any of those stats
I fucked up somewhere.
>>
>>15788988
The quicker you rebound your attribute potentials from hopeless to superb the better so make sure you find a way to get potions of potential, which you bless, as soon as possible. Then after that you want to secure herbs. Herbed Curarrias are ideal but you can make do with what you get. At very low attribute levels herbs will skyrocket your attributes. The rate of increase slows down eventually but herbs will always remain a very good way to help level the attributes up.
>>
>>15789250
K, not very good at powergrinding.

>lost somehow both my girdle and one of my rings
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK!
WHY AREN'T YOU SELLING MORE ACID/FIREPROFF LIQUID YOU STUPID SHOP BITCH CUNT?
>>
Weird. I don't see Leold in his usual place in Ruoza on my new character but i'm definitely done with the North Tyris main quest. Do I have to get into Remido before he shows up?
>>
>>15789341
Did your equipment break? How low do the penalties have to get before stuff break with acid if that's what happened? Haven't seen it myself since I usually repair my stuff if I have to by going to the blacksmith and upgrading my equipment. That brings my negatives back into the positives.
>>
>>15789468
I don't know.

Crazy thing is that my Elemental staff is at -4
Yet it's acidproof, fireproof, i have a fuckton of elemental resistance to both fire and cold and a bunch of blankets.
WHAT THE FUCK?
>>
>>15789476
Are you playing no future mode? Says here that equipment that is degraded past -10 will break. Wonder if that applies to other modes as well.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Balance

That's odd about your staff. The staff doesn't originally come with acidproof and fireproof but I guess you added it to your staff so I'm not sure why it dropped to the negatives. At any rate, looks like a trip to the blacksmith is in order.
>>
>>15789501
I'm in advancing difficulty
>>
Been a long time since I last played.
How is Elona Custom now? Last I touched it it was in a pretty early development stage.
>>
>>15789571
There's more translations, tweaks,and convenience related stuff. It's best just to check the elona wiki/forums for the exact details or just play the game yourself to see it all.
>>
Is there a single best material type for weapons?
>>
>>15789890
Unless you're trying to max your maxxing of the min, I can't imagine why you'd invest super heavily into one's weapons' material type.
>>
>>15789890
Depends on what you want. If you only care about damage then adamantium or ether. If you want speed glass or spirit cloth. Want more life? Get rubynus. Do you want your thing to already be acid and fire proof? Get adamantium, dragon scale, rubynus, or mithral
>>
>>15789459
Don't you have to talk with him at the Cyber Dome first?
>>
>>15788671
It would appear that I accidentaly had deleted the important part of my question. I had meant those new full-body pet portraits.(change the atmosphere)
>>
File: elonafb.png (1MB, 1914x769px) Image search: [Google]
elonafb.png
1MB, 1914x769px
>>15790836
I'm interested in this as well but due to how new the feature is to the game, I kinda have my doubts any collection is available currently. I would imagine that eventually some people might share stuff on pixiv and from there you can eventually hunt down individual sites that might be hosting collections.

I've taken matters into my own hands and have been experimenting with it for my character's pet/Kai's pet. Ideally, drawing and editing your own is the best way to go about this.

Another way to go about it, assuming your pet is based on an existing anime/manga/game character, is to find a picture of her on the net or to take a screenshot of her in the game and edit said photo. You'll want to use a stronger program than MS paint such as Gimp or Photoshop as you'll probably have to remove background stuff, resize, edit, and clean pictures.

I'm trying to clean up my pictures. Think my pet in the bunny girl outfit is my most clean picture so far but I still have some cleaning to do on her.
>>
>>15789476
>>15789341
>>15789505
If anyone is in there that has contacts with the maker of Elona+, can he/she/it please ask him what could have happened?
>>
>>15791427
>that squished art
absolutely disgusting/10
>>
>>15791740
>implying is not THICC/10

Jokes aside, the forced resizing is quite detrimental to the quality of the image
>>
>>15791802
You can just crop the lower half.

It's even how foxbro in files is depicted.
>>
>managed to get Mr. Ragnarock to use his sword during party time
>didn't even die

HOW?
>>
>>15788974
Have you ever considered rewriting the Powergamer Guide in the wiki?
>>
>>15791513
You can lose items if you die. Did you?
>>
>>15792911
I don't know
>>
>>15792917
You don't know if you died?
>>
>>15792921
I can't remember as of now.
Got something else just as good for replacement though
>>
Ok, now i have also a cute fairy to think about.
Defender is at the Dojou, little girl & exile with me in addition to the cute fairy.

Managing more than two pets is a hassle.

@anyone doing gene engineering
The rogue wizard has cooking but the nurse doesn't, yet they both are priests and should have it.
>>
I'll let you decide the kind of a character I'll be playing next. Nothing too overt like martial-arts snail tourist, please.
>>
File: 1468522998064.png (8KB, 182x196px) Image search: [Google]
1468522998064.png
8KB, 182x196px
>>15793427
Mutant slimegirl (background your choice) whose goal is to prostitute herself to every NPC in the known world.
>>
>>15793427
Ghost/worm/bacteria/spirit that must possess(ride) your pets to do anything.
>>
>>15793504
>>15793511
Maybe I'll try a combination of both.
>>
>walk through door
>cluster bomb rock immediately explodes
>die
>titania or cockatrice gazes me
>die
These seem to be my only deaths but it's getting annoying. Any preventative measures I could take?
>>
>>15793560
Lower level dungeon, if you have access to artifact fusion then try to create a set of equipment that covers any elemental weakness you may have (mind, sound, etc).
>>
>>15793511
That's actually a pretty neat idea.
Now if only the mount sprite reflected whoever you were riding.
>>
File: elonafb2.png (1MB, 1981x768px) Image search: [Google]
elonafb2.png
1MB, 1981x768px
>>15791740
>>15791802
Yeah tell me about it. Apparently I loss aspect ratio when converting from one file type to another. It's also been somewhat of a pain trying to have Elona play nice with my pictures because the way the picture looks in gimp can be slightly off in the game. I'm no graphics designer major and I'm new to using gimp or really any art program beyond its basic functions. If you guys have played around with this body portrait stuff what tips can you give me using gimp if you use it? How do you deal with smoothing out edges? I tried feathering but it's proving to be hit or miss in game. Looks fine in gimp though.

Had to follow>>15791854 to keep aspect ratio and certain things from breaking in the game. At any rate, this is better.

>>15792165
Wasn't really aware there was a guide of that nature on the wiki. I'll have to give it a read sometime. As for whether or not I'll write my own, I'm not sure. I'm still discovering things myself and a part of me is not really sure of the interest for a powergaming guide. 90% of the people playing Elona strike me as just playing to experience the story and not really entertaining ideas of sticking around long enough with a single character to get strong enough to kill the optional bosses or the gods. Don't really need a powergaming guide for that. Who knows though, maybe I'll write one but no promises.
>>
>>15793836
Lurker here. Interested in becoming a godslayer with my character so I'd read your guide if you made one but I hear ya. Too many plebs with the attention span of a goldfish to actually be worth it.
>>
Is it worth increasing your Impress with adventurers anymore? Seems that if their level is too low, they just retire making all that time spent wasted...
>>
>>15794331
Don't see why you can't make them a permanent member of your party if you care about it enough. Don't think I've ever seen an adventurer leave the world unless you kept on killing them.
>>
>>15793836
That's one sexy dark elf you have. How are Eleas as pets?
>>
Right, but killing them can spawn higher level adventurers which might make for a good source of artifacts? Compare with the obvious benefit of keeping them alive for New Years Gifts and I wonder if it's harder to get high level artifacts or if it's harder to get Kagami Mochi/Flying scroll etc...
>>
>>15794331
maxxing impression of adventurers is not hard at all.

get a stack of 20 engagement rings all of the same material, so that they stack. use a cheap material.

recruit an adventurer. make sure they're not at the item limit. give them the engagement rings to max their impress. then trade it back.
>>
File: KaiSaya.png (769KB, 801x601px) Image search: [Google]
KaiSaya.png
769KB, 801x601px
>>15794353
They're excellent beginner pets since they have low INI. Chose an Elea warrior as I don't think there is an Elea predator and the other Elea is a mage. Wanted my pet to be a martial artist so Elea warrior works. Evolved she gets emergency evasion. It's alright I guess but I mainly chose Elea for rp reasons and the fact that it has low INI. I haven't really played to her low INI strength yet though. Been just building up her attributes through feeding her herbs. Now that I'm nearly done doing everything I want in the game solo I'm beginning to work on my pet Saya. Looking forward to eventually busting skulls in the void with her as two martial artists tearing up the place. Can also provide heals and support through magic if need be.
>>
Oh.. that's smart. Never thought of that.
>>
>>15793836
>>15794514
Yo let me in on this chocolate goodness. Where did you get this Elea and does she come with those pics?
>>
>>15795286
I got her from the slave trader in Derphy. Those aren't the starting attributes for an Elea Warrior bought at the save market. You'll have to put in the work to get them high like most other pets. Aside from that, I gave her a pcc and a portrait. You may want to check the wiki for more information on customizing your pets. The pictures you see of her when I talk to her are a recent feature added to the game. Sadly, pets don't come with them. You're on your own in making them for your pets. I'd check the changelogs for exact information regarding creating those pictures.
>>
My Constitution and Charisma are always way behind my other stats. Anyone know any tips/tricks to grind them up a bit? Mining and Performer respectively seem like they would be the best bet but leveling them is painfully slow compared to say, buying and reading spellbooks en masse to level Learning or spamming Oracle whenever you're at full mana to level Magic.
>>
>>15795943
investing is the easiest to raise cha
>>
>>15795949
What about performing?
If you also use summon spirits then you can also raise casting very fast
>>
>>15796082
I have literally never seen a Summon Spirits spellbook between all of my characters ever. Is it exclusive to Wonder scrolls?
>>
where do i find some scrolls of gain attribute?
running dungeons or investing?
>>
>>15796102
Yes.

>>15796717
i'm currently at 200 magic shop and have not seen gain attribute scrolls yet.
Majority of them i found in the ~lv 100-120 dungeons.

You get quite a few attribute scroll during the MSQ, so there's that.
>>
File: plateau.png (915KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
plateau.png
915KB, 1280x768px
Can anybody help me figure out how to break past this plateau? I can't seem to find a way to gain any real strength other than grinding dungeons for terribly slow skill gains, or doing harvest time quests for herbed food. I can't seem to keep the garden stocked with herbs despite my 100~ gardening skill, and even when I do eat herbed food, the gains are pretty mediocre. I'm maintaining my stat potentials via eating breakfast and blessed potions of potential. I'm riding Pascal the dog.

My normal routine consists of doing harvest time quests for herb seeds and running through dungeons for skill gains and medals. I can do dungeons up to around level 70 before it becomes difficult.
>>
>>15797590
Go complete lesimas and then do the south tyris quest that gets you a kumiromi statue; you've been collecting little sister points right? Once you have something like a dozen statues you can actually start getting somewhere, relying on harvest time for herb seeds is a dead end.
>>
>>15797590

Stop Harvest Time quests, like above poster said; they're no good. First step is to get enough seeds for 72 farm tiles, if you haven't done so already. Do this by making a stockpile of seeds. You're gonna want extra Statues of kumi and gems of rejuv in the long run, but that's way far down the line. Anywoo, get that stockpile by:

1. Convert to Kumiromi and grind to get Cute Fairy and the gem (Hopefully you've been collecting vegetable seeds, and if not, just make do w/ whatever you can get your hands on). Kumiromi's gem should be the equivalent of an herb seed every 3 days if you have ~50 tiles worth of farmland and high enough gardening (2/3 of a whole farm).

2. Make Cute Fairy anorexic by feeding it cursed foods; curse a stack of stomafillias and force feed her that shit. Ride a bell to make her hungry faster. Invest in bakeries for further access to foods that will make her spit seeds out. Consider breeding more fairies, or rejoining Kumiromi to expedite this grinding process.

3. Once you get that first Herb farm going, keep cycling excess stomafillias for herb seeds to replenish your farm.

Longer term solution = using little sisters for Statue of Kumis (although they've been nerfed from 80% to 50% of dropping herb seed, so compared to the gem of rejuvenation, may actually be worse depending on how quickly your plants wither).

Also, not sure if you're doing so already, but speed-running dungeons for gold is usually the way to go; only clear floors if you hear a Big Daddy.
>>
>>15795943
Houzanha and investing.
>>
>>15797590
Looks like the other anons got you covered on what you should be doing on the herb farm front so lets talk about other avenues of power attainment.

You say your skills are slowing down and that can be caused by a variety of reasons. Are you keeping your potentials up for them? I tend to focus on two skills for a period of time that I aggressively level and keep potentials near constant 400 potential with my character Kai. You can always swap out the skills you're focusing on with others once they're as high as you like. I usually keep my potential up with these two skills with all the platinum I get from job board quests and dungeons. If your fame is high enough, you can get challenge job board quests that give you ten platinum for example. You should do all the job board quests you think you can finish quickly. High enough dungeon levels usually have bosses that can drop five platinum coins. Between clearing out dungeons and doing job board quests you should be able to make a decent amount of plat. Along with doing dungeons, you can farm gold medals from dungeon bosses and take them to Miral and Garrok's workshop for growth scrolls. Bless them and read them to get potential back for all your skills. It is necessary to keep potential high for your skills to level up quicker and later on it's absolutely necessary to keep potentials at certain levels to even level up the skill.

If your melee skills are slowing down and you're maintaining their potential well then the problem might be that you're not fighting enemies strong enough to give you consistent skill gains/easier skill gains. Weapon skills level up the best off of enemies that have high enough evasion. Eye of Mind and Tactics skill, at that level, are easier to level if you can find enemies which you can beat on for awhile. You may want to do higher level dungeons but a better solution is to start doing the void because all the monsters except the boss in normal dungeons don't scale in power. Once you stop gaining skill exp on a monster in a normal dungeon, you won't ever get skill exp on the monster again unless you see it as a high level boss. So the void and maybe later the awakened dungeons, are required to do if you want to level up melee skills eventually.

With my character Kai, I entered the void at level 35 and did the first few floors so you might be able to enter the void right now to start taking advantage of it. The void has scaled enemies which introduces all sorts of difficulties into the game that someone doing only normal dungeons won't ever feel so come prepared. The void is the forge which makes the strongest characters in the game. Either the void will break you or you will emerge from it with a stronger character.

If you haven't beaten Zeome yet you should. It's time to move on to South Tyris from the looks of your character. Once you get to South Tyris you can start getting doing what the other anons have said about Kumiromi statues and you can start getting AP rewards from Leold. Those AP rewards can give you more speed, bonus points, skills, and traits. All stuff that can make your character stronger. AP is generally gotten though killing challenging monsters so monsters from high level dungeons and especially the void are good places to get AP.
>>
There needs to be a more reliable way to raise karma besides paying 5 million, doing 1 quest at a time or hoping for burial events.
>>
>>15798651
You can also resurrect dead NPCs for karma but the best thing you can do for yourself is never allow yourself to fall that low in karma in the first place. You do the crime you do the time. That should keep those psychos from nuking every city expecting a slap on the wrists.
>>
>>15798663
I accidentally ate a caramel of termination in Derphy, they should just see the humor in it.
>>
>>15798667
Well look on the bright side, the thieves guild will welcome you with open arms.
>>
>>15798667
I didn't laugh when those halloween kids accidentally lost control of juggling those molotovs and burned down my house. Jail those fuckers for ruining my home and have them do community service for years on end.
>>
>>15798694
I thought the "treat" would be something sexual. Yeah, I deserved to lose that karma.
>>
>>15798651
Just go give Pael's mom potions. Takes 30 seconds.
>>
>>15797613
>>15797756
Thanks fellas. Going to try to kill zeome soon.

>>15798068
This helped out a lot. I've been playing under the assumption that anything past 100% skill potential was a waste. I tried it your way with tactics and my main weapon skill, and made a lot of really fast gains.
>>
>>15798710
Not him but I had that idea once. My character was too slow and the guards would hone in on my character and kill him. I even released the giant to distract the guards but he kind of took the whole town including Pael's mom with him. In the end I died an alcoholic bum in Derphy selling my ass for spare change until he died of shame. Started a new character and remained on the straight and narrow. Moral of the story kids is crime doesn't pay. Become a criminal and you might end up taking it in the ass and dying in Derphy curled up in a ball crying.
>>
>>15798736
What?
Just come in from the north side of town and you can walk right in to her house. You literally can't fuck this up if you're not retarded, and if you do fuck it up you're only a couple steps from the map edge and you can walk outside and try again.
>>
>>15798768
I'm flattered but you overestimate my abilities and underestimate my ability to do stupid things.
>>
File: wishspellbook.png (2MB, 1598x1199px) Image search: [Google]
wishspellbook.png
2MB, 1598x1199px
Wonder what I did to get on Ehekatl's good side since these past few days have been really good to me as far as wish spell books are concerned. 2 spellbooks from my home shop level 8000 vendors, 1 from a shop level 300 vendor, and 1 from a shop level 1000 vendor. That's about 100 levels worth of blessed descent potions from wishing for me in that picture. Guess friendly reminder to keep your eyes open for spell books on magic vendors? I tend to visit magic vendors from all over the world every three days as I farm wonder scrolls and do my dungeon farming for plat and gold medals.
>>
>>15798932
By a couple of days I mean rl days in this case last Friday to today. When I say every three days I mean every three days in game.
>>
File: win.png (1MB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
win.png
1MB, 1280x768px
Did it boys

I don't know why i hadn't done it sooner, he died in like 3 hits

Does anybody know what the other 2 pages of this screen are? None of my buttons would work to turn the pages.
>>
>>15799124
Grats. Not sure if I was able to see the other pages also. Might be a thing where you can only access it if you're playing in Japanese. My guess is it shows the breakdown or your score or a bit of ending text however the epilogue cutscene in custom kinda goes over it anyways.
>>
I love how I eventually went from paying rogue bosses to "fuck you, eat fireball"

I hope I'll be able to kill gods and superbosses one day, didn't really optimize my grinding in any way.
Hope they are vulnerable to the 5500 Power Liches strategy
>>
I played Elona to death years back and for a while after it was abandoned.

Is Elona+ good enough to warrant getting back in to it?
>>
>>15800078
Some people are pouring hundred of hours into this game because they're having fun. Only you can decide if it's for you though. Elona+ has a lot more content than regular Elona and it plays a bit differently too. Give Elona+ a shot and see if it's your jam.
>>
>>15800097
>Elona+ has a lot more content than regular Elona

Sold.
>>
>>15800110
And Elona Custom has all that content, plus better translations, plus actual translations for the plot cutscenes.

Oh, and if you use pets you can use an in game menu to customize their ai.
>>
>>15800167
>And Elona Custom has all that content
Think Elona Custom is more of an addon. Don't think Elona Custom works as a standalone since you need Elona+ to make it work.
>>
>>15800204
Ah right. Should have made that distinction. I was just trying to point out that if you used Elona Custom on top of Elona+ you get a few extra things.
>>
>>15800167
>>15800204
>>15800353
I ended up getting Elona+ Custom. Seems to have some nice little changes/additions so far.

Maybe I'm just remembering wrong or my eyes are going bad but it seems a lot more "zoomed out" than how Elona used to be.
>>
How does teaching pets skills work? I tried to teach my "conbat" plane to shoot kamehamehas but it seems to be stuck at 0%.
>>
>>15800078
Think of base Elona as an MMO and Elona+ as that same MMO with a few expansion packs. Lots of new areas, quests, items, etc. New skills, mechanics and balance changes too that make it easier on newer players.
>>
what is the difference between each difficulty level?
>>
>>15801172
Doesn't it have a description of each on the actual page? Off of the top of my head, Advancing is your "normal" mode, death isn't permanent, skills advance as normal. Overdose is easymodo, same as advancing but all skills advance 20 times as fast. Then you have Inferno, it's like advancing but death is permanent and there's a penalty for exiting the game without saving, so no savescumming. IIRC, Natural mode is like Inferno but you get a large karma penalty for killing dogs/cats. No future is insanity, all the penalties of everything else but you can only hold 21 items at a time and can lose gear from acid.
>>
>>15801172
This gives a bit of an overview of the difficulties.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Balance
>>
>>15801117
You need to enable it in the AI.
First you create a AI routine where it uses the ability (you also need to make sure there are "fallback options" since if it can't cast it due to not having reached 100% progress or has run out of a simulated "stamina" it will go to the next instruction)
Then you put him together with a enemy and have it try to do the ability over and over till he gets it.
>>
>>15802057
As an example: let's say you want to teach "touch of sleep" to a melee pet.

First of all you want
>Target Distance =! (or > if you want) 1 Move (Forward)
This will get your pet in melee range of the enemy
Then
>Target Distance = 1 Touch Of Sleep
However if he hasn't learned it completely (progress bar not at 100%) or he ran out of "stamina" (not really stamina, it's a "energy" value that is used by abilities and increase by 1 every custom AI cycle) then he will skip the action (as it evaluates as "False")
Thus you want
>Target Distance = 1 Attack (Melee)
At the very end you want
>Player Distance > 1 Move Forward
Note that in this instruction you want to toggle the "preserve target" option since otherwise the pet will move toward it's target (a enemy) instead of you, basically whenever you want to make your pet perform a action on you, itself, or a ally you want to toggle this option.

Once the pet has learned the ability you can put just before the Touch of Sleep instruction the following instruction
>Target Status =! Sleep And
This way the pet will only use Touch of Sleep if the target isn't already sleeping and the "And" operator will combine with the actual Touch of Sleep instruction to make sure it's used only on non-sleeping targets at melee range.
>>
>>15802092
You seem to know about this stuff so i'll ask; what's the best way to get my pet to just shoot something with ranged? I tried range attack if target's HP is less than or equal to 100% but she freezes up sometimes.
>>
>>15802211
There is a 5 tiles limit on ranged attacks for non-players afaik, so use a instruction where enemy distance must be 5 or less.

Also, remember to add at the very top some HP low->move away instruction (and possibly MP low instruction if the pet casts spell), otherwise they will go into combat without any sense of self preservation or they will overcast themselves to death.
>>
>>15793504
Where can I find more like this?
>>
>>15802454
Read the pastebin
>>
Does DW skill have any correlation between how much damage your swings with additional hands do? I know it affects accuracy but if I get it high enough will my later hands do more than 1/10th of my main?
>>
>>15802710
Not that I know of. Only thing dual wield seems to affect is weapon accuracy which can be pretty important based on how many weapons you're wielding. Doesn't effect damage in any way or even how many additional attacks you get despite what the wiki says about the skill.
>>
File: yourehired.png (2MB, 1601x1201px) Image search: [Google]
yourehired.png
2MB, 1601x1201px
2000 confirmed for spell cap. Capped my Oracle spell and even though it's at spell level 2000 I still get casting exp so it seems I can ride this to 2000 magic. Also wanted a second shop keeper so I summoned the weakest god for hostile business negotiations. Astral light penned her before I presented a persuasive argument for why she should serve a mortal. After subduing her I set her up as my shop keeper in my second shop where my Slash Ogre of my first shop will oversee that Yacatect is behaving and not sneaking stuff out of the safe.
>>
>>15803088
You can download it off of the Japanese Elona Wiki. Just use google translate or something to translate the site if you have to.

http://wikiwiki.jp/elonaplus/?FrontPage
>>
Where can I find the most recent version of elona+. I could only find 1.58
>>
I had no idea there were so many Elona variants.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona_variants

Some of the ideas seem solid.
>>
>>15803129
There was one that tells you when the stock in shops reset and had more resolutions above 1280 x 768. I wish that shit was in Elona+.
>>
How the fucking hell am I supposed to build affinity with Thalia? The wiki says don't throw love potions at her but she doesn't accept any items from me.
>>
>>15803129
>omake overhaul
>create new spells
>modify
>coat sword in potions
>omake
>pet creation and dungeon/town management
>mewmew
>artifact fusion (same as the one in E+?)
>ME
>more love to non-combat stuff (farms, cooking, etc)
>etg
>card game works

Why isn't the E+ guy cooperating with them to include this in the game? Why must we suffer so?
>>
>>15803818
>create new spells
Sounds like a balancing nightmare waiting to happen. No just no.

>coat sword in potions
A bit redundant in a game that already has swords with invokes and elements that do damage and can put statuses on opponents.

>more love to non-combat stuff (farms, cooking, etc)
Wouldn't mind this.

>card game works
Only real thing that piques my interest but it doesn't matter because no servers.
>>
>>15803866
>>Sounds like a balancing nightmare waiting to happen. No just no.
Depends on how much freedom it gives.

If you first need to learn similar spells up to a certain level that creates a "barrier to entry" (ie: want to make a spell that randomly uses one of the bolt spells, i first need to learn those spells and the more of those spells i add the more i need to learn them, for example i need them both at level 10 if i just use fire and ice, if i add thunder then all three need to be at level 20 and so on)
>>
>>15804647
Or at the very least, unlock the very OP stuff after some difficult conditions are met, just for bragging rights
>>
>>15803754
Friendship tokens. I think gifts also work.
>>
so whats the news on the new game?
i know the dev said its not a new elona game or anything like elona but meh
>>
>>15804647
That still sounds awful. Even Morrowind had limiting factors on what you could make and people still managed to break the game in seconds.
>>
>>15805698
I'll laugh if it becomes a pay to win game that caters to the casuals from the looks of it. It certainly could go in that direction. Noa has already said that he might offer early access to help fund continuation development of the game and something similar to an online item shop could help him with that. Do your own research next time and just visit his site.
>>
Why bother with pickpocket if i can just summon a ton of monsters on a adventurer, teleport away, summon my necro army, wait until every witness (and the mark) are dead and then save the day and "liberate" the dropped items?
>>
>>15805718
You meant those that created stuff that allowed them to increase their craft stuff ability and then slapped together a murderhammer and shot everything straight to the moon with every swing?
>>
Could anyone tell me if there's a PCC sprite of Gilgamesh? I want to play as a blonde guy with stylish armour but having a hard time finding good combinations..
I saw the OneTile sprite but nothing else and I can't read moonrunes.

>>15802995
Is the coat on your PC an extra or is that a full sprite?

Sorry about the dumb questions, I just found out about this thread from a random pastebin in the roguelike general.
>>
>>15805885
Easy Dex gains from pickpocketing trees after hunting quests?
>>
I'm pretty new to all this, is there anything I can do to find an altar of a specific god? I imagine if there were static altars their locations would be mentioned on the wiki, and they aren't as far as I can tell.
>>
>>15806356

Go to the Truce Grounds north of Palmia. You can find static altars of each of the Gods there; make sure that you don't take any of them over in case you want to convert later on.
>>
>>15806356
The truce grounds north of Palmia and the embassy is the place to find altars to each god.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/The_Truce_Ground
>>
>>15806587
>>15806594
Oh, thanks. That's incredibly convenient.
>>
File: coat.png (6KB, 128x192px) Image search: [Google]
coat.png
6KB, 128x192px
>>15806000
Coat is part of the sprite. Should be able to create individual clothing though or find some in one of the links of the mod pastebin.
>>
just jumped from 1.5x to 1.61, seems random carrot and potato dishes still arent being sold at my food shop
>>
>>15803866
Found this about spellmaking in omake overhaul
http://wikiwiki.jp/elonaval/?overhaul%2FTIPS#iada8fc5
Unfortunately i can't read japanese and google translate is sketchy at best

If someone want to give a shot at translating then it would be easier to see how much OP the thing is
>>
what is the wizard gameplay like compared to ranged and melee? thinkgen about a caster playthrough but i didn't find any videos to look at.
>>
>>15809436
You are fragile and very much so.
You have to keep track of your spell stock ("ammunition" for spells, it depletes and you have to read books to replenish it) and mana

Reward? Pretty much every buff, hex or elemental damage you want without having to carry a thousand scrolls or rods
>>
>>15809449
I see there are additional races. How hard would a dragon race playthrough be for a beginner? Already tried out 3 different characters and got to know the basic mechanics.
>>
>>15809508
I'm playing wizard lich for my first playthrough, can't say anything for the other races
>>
File: spellmaking.png (30KB, 729x722px) Image search: [Google]
spellmaking.png
30KB, 729x722px
>>15808867
Levels like regular magic. Levels will increase MP cost, decrease consumed spell stock.
Spell strength and MP cost scale with [Power] set at spell creation. A [Power] 10 spell will cost 10x more MP and be 10x stronger than a [Power] 1 spell.
The trait [Elemental spells you cast are empowered] will increase elemental attack magic's dice-face count.
Higher [Power] spells will (with enough stock) level faster, but casting chance will suffer a large penalty.
Attaching [Conditions] to high power spells (in particular, meteor) can easily destroy casting chances.

Regarding [Conditions]
Time, Weather, Calendar, Place conditions, if not met, will result in [Can't be used now].
The other conditions represent increasing [Power] at the cost of a large penalty:
[Additional Turns]: Adds [Power]/5+1 turns to the cost. Action is impossible while casting. If the chant is interrupted, the spell fails, stock is decreased, but other conditions' side effects do not occur.
[Add Favor]: Adds Favor points to cast. If not enough favor points, spell cannot be cast.
[Add Health]: [Power]X40/3 health cost.
[After cast, OO]: Status effect lasting turns proportional to [Power]. Ignores status immunity enchantments. (Feats might still work?)

Conditions do not change the amount of exp a spell receives, but do increase the amount of spell stock consumed.
Synthesized magic gains (Meditation x50) stock while sleeping. Equipment boosts are valid.

Looks to be more along the lines of Magic Dart powering up to Crystal Spear, rather than fusing a fire/ice bolt together.
>>
>>15809609
So i can make a super powerful version of a spell if i make it so that it can only be cast during specific conditions?
>>
>>15809654
At a casting penalty, but yeah. I don't see anywhere on there about casting chance, though, only regarding MP and spellpower. Power 1 = regular spells, so a Power 1 fire bolt would cost about 130 MP. I don't know for sure, but I assume you could make something like a holy shield meteor.
>>
>>15809436
Used to be OP before it's effectiveness was nerfed by 1/3 now it's still really good but melee can compete. Speaking of this, has anyone tried a successful ranged weapon build? It doesn't seem to hold a candle to melee or magic since i've only seen a bow or gun get up to 2 attacks as opposed to melee which can get up to 4 per hand.
>>
>>15809715
Machineguns do 10 dices of damage.
Then you add the ammo in, also artifact ammo has special ammuntions (explosive, rapid, timestop and so on) but they are limited and need a blacksmith to recharge (or a ammo box but it won't recharge timestop ammo).
Normal shots are still infinite
>>
Ok, I've settled on doing a paladin run but I wonder what class I should pick and which weapon to use. Is the casting penalty for shield and heavy armor so large that I should pick a warmage to counteract that, or will I be just fine as a priest casting only my buffs and heals?
>>
>>15809939
Penalties
Medium Armor weight - 8%
Heavy Armor weight - 18%
Dual Wield - 6%
Shield - 5%
>>
>>15809728

I think he's referring to # of attacks / turn. Machine guns doing 10d8 x 2 can't compare with 2d12 x 4 lightsabres, not factoring in proximity assists, invokes and crits.
>>
How do I save the images from the loose leaf PCC creator? I try to right click save them and I get nothing and I don't know moonrunes at all.

Is there any up-to-date PCC creator with different body types?
>>
>>15810123
I tend to just take the PCC bodies in the game folder, make a copy of them, open them up in an art program, and go form there in making my own.
>>
Quick question: Does the "Hatred dominates your soul" etherwind corruption affect spell damage?
>>
>>15811795
Maybe but by the sounds of it your character takes extra damage from things too. Probably due to the hurtful words monsters utter under their breath about the character being an edgelord.
>>
What's your callsign? What made you pick it out of everything else?
>>
>>15810123
What I do is take a printscreen containing the PCC image, then crop it out. The dimensions are still the same, so it should work.
>>
is there any pet raising guide somewhere? also how do you increase your pets resist
>>
>>15812009
Kek.
I always thought of it as the character becoming overtly reckless and stop giving a fuck about such petty things like "dodging", "blocking" and "parrying".
Thought since is a japanese game and there is quite a fair share of edgelord anime MC this is a very good explanation.
>>
>>15813047
>Thought since is a japanese game and there is quite a fair share of edgelord anime MC

Speaking of it, most of the feat abilities are like that. Nothing personnel step, chuuni eye, kokou...
Elona is a huge bag of shameless anime cliches.
>>
>>15805885
They don't always drop every item, do they? Also related: duel gloves are great for getting items off adventurers. Gets rid of the karma penalty for killing them, and they also seem to drop more of their shit when they die.
>>
>>15802092
A bit late but thank you by the way. Managed to get his behavior on point using this info.
>>
>>15814309
AFAIK they retain a negative mood after that, meaning that when you're in the same town as them they will still attack you pets and if you or your pets kill them you still get a karma penalty.

Insert GTA wanted level joke here.

>>15814299
Speaking of chuuni does eye of mana do anything anyway? It should damage MP but either everything has so much MP it doesn't care about overcast damage or it doesn't do enough.
>>
So, i got Speed + 11 core of nefia. I only thought they go to +8?

Also, is usamimi good? Do its bonuses outweign the impossibility of further upgrade?
>>
File: taktstock.png (2MB, 1601x1201px) Image search: [Google]
taktstock.png
2MB, 1601x1201px
Evochat, which boosts gauge fill rate, + tactstock makes for some interesting times. I can ramp my pet Saya's gauge up so well that I can get her to start spamming gauge attacks which adds extra damage to her attacks. Against particularly tough enemies I can get her to start spamming level 2 gauge attacks.

>>15812900
Don't think there is any in depth guide to pet raising but the new player pastebin does briefly cover some important aspects about pets and raising them. The pastebin makes mention of restoring a pets attribute potential through potions but I'll also add that giving gold to your pet and having it visit its trainer in town works too. Also by having the pet visit its trainer it raises skill potential along with its attribute potential. Pets can fund their training through picking up gold and other valuables off of the dungeon floors. Alternatively, you can use evochat to give your pet gold if you're rich. It should show up as on option to pick if you interact with your pet. The bottom left of my picture has an example of what it looks like and there should be an option to give your pet gold.

The pastebin also mentions the dojo but it has kind of lost its appeal over time imo and has kind of turned of into a secondary pet storage facility.

For your second question, you increase your pets resists by giving them armor with resists. When you interact with your pet there should be an inventory option you can pick that allows you to give stuff to your pet and take things from their inventory. Any static artifacts and decent gear you find in dungeons that you won't be using should be given to your pets to help them with their PV/DV and resists. Along with armor and possibly weapons, you should probably give your pets fire and cold blankets so stuff not protected from fire or cold doesn't break.

Finding equipment in the dungeons you do or quest rewards is one way to get your pets geared however a lot of players seem to forget that they can create their own armor through a sewing kit and the tailoring skill. If you have a lot of material that you don't know what to do with it wouldn't be a bad idea to make stuff for your pets. You can even make miracle and godly level equipment through tailoring so you can try your luck in trying to make gear with lots of resists and other enchants. If your pet has the tailoring skill, your pets can even make stuff at night while you sleep.
>>
>>15815071
>Evochat, which boosts gauge fill rate, + tactstock makes for some interesting times. I can ramp my pet Saya's gauge up so well that I can get her to start spamming gauge attacks which adds extra damage to her attacks. Against particularly tough enemies I can get her to start spamming level 2 gauge attacks.
Explain
>>
Does shield tonfa in ranged slot still provide damage bonus/ damage nullification?
How good is its damage nullification anyway?
>>
>>15815071
What the FUCK does Takstock even do?

>>15815333
Yes it does.
>>
>>15815082
Underneath the life bar is a yellow bar that fills up. Once that bar fills to max a pet will unleash a gauge attack that is based on the weapon it is using. These gauge attacks normally do more damage than normal attacks, can cause decapitation, and depending on the weapon, can possibly add statuses.The gauge bar fills by being attacked and taking damage although slowly.

More information can be found here under special actions invoked by weapon skill.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Special_action_(Elona%2B)

As I said, gauge attack normally fills slowly through attacking and being attacked by enemies. Normally you won't be able to use gauge attacks unless you're attacking a very strong opponent. However, there are ways to increase the rate your gauge bar increases which my previous post talks about.

Evochat boosts the rate at which that gauge bar fills. There's also an item called tacktstock which lets you, the player, manually boost and increase your pets gauge bar as long as there is an enemy that can be seen. The tactstock is like a baton that points to the enemy and your pet becomes motivated to cause destruction against said enemy. I typically just hotkey the tackstock for use and hold down the key while an enemy is around. You'll know that it's working because you'll see the yellow bar underneath the pet's life bar raise considerably. So by using evochat and the taktstock I was able to fill that gauge bar very quickly to the point that my pet was spamming gauge attacks left and right.

It's even better if she encounters a powerful foe such as a dungeon boss. She can get up to level 2 gauge attacks because the boss has a lot of life to fill the gauge. A normal gauge attack happens when the yellow bar fills to max. However the gauge attack has a second level where it can fill up to 200% and the bar becomes green in color. A level 2 gauge attack causes time stop and the attack ignores PV I think. In the picture of my previous post she ended up decapitating the boss with with a gauge attack but prior to that attack she was doing level 1 and level 2 gauge attacks.

So now that I can stir up my pet to rip apart a boss in seconds I'm now wondering how powerful this can be if I had multiple pets under the affect of evochat and my taktstock. Seeing multiple pets spam their gauge attacks would be interesting to see if it works the way I think it does.
>>
>>15815385
It slightly fills the special gauge of your pets.
>>
>>15815386
Can the player do it too? I've seen a yellow bar that fills up when i'm training spells and end up overcasting (to level the take-less-damage-when-overcasting-skill) but i don't know how to use it.
>>
>>15815409
Yes, a player has access to gauge attacks as well. The player has to go into his/her special action list and select the special action gauge release when their gauge bar is full. This special action will then add the gauge attack to your next attack.
>>
>>15815431
Does magic get special attacks too?
>>
>>15815385
Holy crackers. Calm down man it's just a german word for baton. It's not going to hurt you.
>>
>>15815446
Yep. Breath attacks get one too.

>>15815494
I've been wondering for a long time. It's not even on the wiki anywhere. I've found and thrown away at least 5 Takstocks in my career.
>>
>>15815446
Magic has it's own gauge attack called diffusion wave. Regardless of what spell you cast that won't change. You need to go through the standard procedure of filling the yellow bar and doing gauge release. Then when you cast a spell, you'll do the spell damage and you'll get text about diffusion wave and you'll do some nice damage in addition to your normal spell damage.
>>
>>15812793
The Virgin. Because purity.

And just for shits and giggles I whore out my character as much as possible.
>>
File: Familia.jpg (2MB, 2068x2183px) Image search: [Google]
Familia.jpg
2MB, 2068x2183px
>>15812793
Rebirth of Chosen One. Tribute to my character's father. Using a a family tree/relationship guide to help me generate ideas for future pets. Think I'll bring back my prior dual wielding pet Akeno since I already have sprites for her and I want to gear her to be able to make 8 attacks this time around. Can just rp it that she wanted to see how her student was doing. Also have my character's sister who will be a witch and I intend to work on a range pet to play around with ideas on how to maximize their damage.
>>
>>15817677
Stuff like this keeps the thread interesting for me at least. Or new strategies. As much as I like seeing how new people in the game manage to get themselves in wild predicaments it kinda gets predictable after awhile with what kind of trouble they get into. Last time I was entertained was when this one anon decided to document how he was slowly transforming his home into a meat hell.

I'm kinda inspired to make my own family tree in this game now. I think it's pretty cool.
>>
Immorality of Clash.
Kinda fitting as my low cha (and bad luck with etherwind) was getting me dangerously close to being hated by every shopkeeper, then nuked Palmia as soon as my cha was out of the shitter
>>
>>15816436
Been thinking of making a gene and starting over because I know what the fuck I'm doing now and can probably do better on a second character. It's also time I finally update my game and experience the magic nerf and get used to it. Thanks for the neat idea of a relationship diagram. I'll probably use it to make pet decisions too and custom npcs later.

>>15817677
Spoken like a true casual
>>
>>15819726
For the record, I didn't make a gene for my character Kai but I did rp the aspects of it. Didn't want to make a gene because I wanted to reset game time and see if I could become stronger than my previous character in a shorter amount of time. Also wanted to experience the game without inheriting stuff so that I could find natural ways to overcome difficulties that came up and tweak the overall answer to the question I had of how to make your character as strong as possible from a fresh start. All this while experimenting with martial arts and playing on Inferno to keep me on my toes.

Nothing wrong with making a gene though. You certainly will be able to save a lot of time and avoid a bunch of early game headaches if you inherit the right things. Make sure you visit the wiki and actually make a plan of what you want your character to inherit.
>>
>>15812793
Ace Sniper. I was making a gunner/support magic fairy, how could I turn that one down?
>>
>>15812793
The Empty Girl. Because I'm playing Elona.
>>
>>15809939
The penalties are bad. Do what you can to minimize them.
>>
>>15809715
Ranged isn't supposed to be as good damage-wise. The lesser damage is the price you pay for not being reliant on MP and not having to waste turns moving into melee.
>>
File: P069-RaphaelTheWomanizer.png (8KB, 48x72px) Image search: [Google]
P069-RaphaelTheWomanizer.png
8KB, 48x72px
>>15820201
Poor thing, I can fill fill you up :^)
>>
>>15771083
How does this extra-attacks mechanic work? Id it just related to having nothing equipped and a series of MA-level breakpoints?

I'm trying to get a martial artist going and the information is all over the place and frequently bullshit or out of date.
>>
>>15820286
Not the anon you're replying to but I'll shamelessly plug that I have a martial artist guide in the pastebin. From my experience with MA on my character Kai, MA caps out at 8 attacks and you have to have nothing in your hand slots. You also need to stack equipment in the other slots that have the enchant that increases chance for an additional attack. I've been able to get up to 8 attacks myself by doing this. I've only been able to get up to 4 attacks with tonfas and claws.

For the exact formula of how the extra attacks work it's actually on the wiki although I kind of wished there was some crosslinking to it from the weapon skill pages myself. For instance, the martial arts page should mention multiple attacks and crosslink to the formula. Anyhow, here's the link it. The info should be above the comment section.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Equipment_attributes
>>
>>15820389
Right, so tonfa/claws until you can break 4 attacks per turn.
>>
>>15820389
Nice guide. I'll be honest, I didn't look in the FAQ because I didn't expect a specific MA guide. Good job.
>>
>>15820489
And now my fresh install won't load. Fuck.
>>
>>15820570
If you're running windows 10 make sure you change the compatibility settings to like windows 7.
>>
>>15820624
I'm not, this is an ancient computer with xp on it. I've just tried a vanilla 1.16 and that works. I then tried the basic 1.61.1 and that works.

So custom is performing some sort of dark sorcery. I'm not sure how to even begin to troubleshoot this, nobody ever seems to have trouble running Elona. Except on win10.
>>
>>15820777
Ok, so according to the OP pastebin:
>[Download Elona+ before downloading Elona+ Custom! If the first three digits of the version do not match with Elona+, they are NOT compatible!]

According to anna's wiki page:
>The latest build, for Elona+ 1.60fix, can be found here: Elona Custom 1.61.1 (MEGA)

According to my experimenting: neither of these work. What, as they say, do?
>>
>>15820957
Current version of Elona+ is 1.61. Download Elona+ 1.61 and then take Elona Custom which is 1.61.1 and copy and paste the the files of Custom into Elona+ overwriting when necessary. The pastebin is right about the first three digits but anna's blog has a typo I think.

Let's make this simple. Go to the Elona wiki homepage.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona_Wiki

Note the links on the right side. Click 1.61 which should take you to the changelog and the specific links where you can download Elona+ 1.61.

Also, on the Elona homepage the links should also have a link to the most recent Custom which by the sounds of it you have. Version 1.61.1

Whenever there is a new version of Elona you'll want to do the above. Relevant links here.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:23092
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:22264
>>
>>15821046
Yep. It's actually one of the .bmp's from the pastebin that's causing the failure to load. Either that or I've installed this pcc wrong.
>>
>>15821060
HDD monster spritesheet confirmed for cancer. Annoyingly, I can't fix it with Paint either.
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.