[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why exactly do Japanese people enjoy idols and idol culture?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

Why exactly do Japanese people enjoy idols and idol culture? What do they get out of it? Help me understand, /jp/. It can't be just the music, right?
>>
>>15762893
They're entertaining. I got into idols because the variety shows were a lot of fun. And then the stage shows are great too. Just the music isn't anything special, no.
>>
It's a manifestation of fan phenomena, isn't it? At least, that is for me.
>>
>>15762968
But it must have some kind of specific advantages over being a fan of other things right? That is why people choose to become an idol fan with some of their time rather than using that time to be a fan of something else.
>>
File: 1412457523224.jpg (95KB, 1000x768px) Image search: [Google]
1412457523224.jpg
95KB, 1000x768px
I personally don't understand the appeal of 3D idols, but 2D idols are pretty cute and I like them
>>
>>15763051
I'm the opposite. 2d idols do absolutely nothing for me.
>>
>>15763051
filthy dumb
chihaya scum
>>
>>15763192
you want only the real thing. You want the girls to have to put in the effort to doll themselves up to look good. No Random Artist just drawing them like that.
>>
Just fun, cute girls doing fun, cute things. Sometimes you may find a favorite and follow them through their career, growing with them.

For a time idols serve as a moment of comfort and an escape from life. It's a pick me up watching them try their best, which encourages you, too.

That said, ultimately it's a fake, ingenuine substitute for relationships. It's certainly not very fun and glamorous behind the scenes for most. Especially knowing these girls will eventually be spit out of the industry usually in 3-5 years time. A lot of idol otaku are also completely repulsive, the industry an exploitative money suck built to feed off their misery. There's a lot to not like about the culture and industry.

That's partially why I'm not really into it and barely even know anyone's name with some exception. Part of me understands why many fall and sometimes fall hard though.
>>
>>15763730
Stop reading vice.

Most of idol fans are normal people looking to escape from the daily grind that they face. Idols give you the extra layer of meeting and talking to them. You form a bond with the idol and if you are a regular, you become friends with other fans too. Just having fun.
>>
File: 1454950917060.gif (783KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1454950917060.gif
783KB, 540x540px
>>15762893
>>
>>15763750
>t. repulsive idol otaku
>>
>>15763757
She looks like she has the determination to fist
>>
>>15763750
>You form a bond with the idol
This is hilarious. Fans of Britney Spears probably hallucinate that they form a "bond" with her too. No, the idol is there to take your money, not be your friend.
>>
>>15763051
Chihaya is the best dude, the best!
>>
>>15762893
Sexual gratification from watching under aged girls engage in provocative behaviour.
>>
Do not listen to these imbeciles and continue supporting your favorite idol /jp/!
They will never understand.
>>
>>15771159
i still feel guilty about how bad they get treated by thier managers
>>
>>15770920
Vicarious gratification from watching underaged girls do their best.
>>
Watching cute girls sing and dance helps you forget about your shitty ass life for a little while ;_;
>>
>>15763802
Yeah, because all idols get spoonfed with huge paychecks
>>
>>15772137
Keep trying to convince yourself. Your a far cry from convincing anyone else.
>>
>>15772254
If they don't get huge checks, all the more reason for them to try to wring every dollar out of you they can. It's their living.
>>
>>15762893
>Why exactly do Japanese people enjoy idols and idol culture? What do they get out of it? Help me understand, /jp/. It can't be just the music, right?
are you a murrikan? Ask people who are die hard sport team fans, it's about the same.
>>
>>15773013
If I jack off, I lose.
>>
>>15762893
Unlike 99% of the people of the west, 99% of nips like to have fun.
>>
>>15772187
this basically.
>>
>>15779336
sports fans are not nearly as obsessed with individual players as idol fans are with their idols. it's a completely different thing.
>>
>>15786824
I see you've never met a Peytonfag.
>>
File: 36734534.jpg (96KB, 953x1272px) Image search: [Google]
36734534.jpg
96KB, 953x1272px
>>15771159
O-okay! You too!
>>
>>15763750
And then she gets a boyfriend and you burn all her merchandise and you send death threats to her
>>
Since I see some idolfags in this thread, I have a question I'm curious about.

What do these girls do once they get too old and dropped from their groups? The become legit singers, actresses or just drop into obscurity?
>>
>>15763051
Because you want see a girl do something authentic and real? 2D girls are scripted to provide fanservice. Each RL girl have a unique personal story attached to them that speaks to their fans. They are not created out of the fantasies of perverted old men. They are real people just like you and me, maybe cuter and more interesting.
>>
>>15787130
If they are pretty and wish to stay into the entertainment industry, they may become a TV host, actress or AV idol. If they have an actual talent or were extremely popular, they might start a singing career.
But if they want out of the entertainment industry, they would likely begin and pick back up their normal life. They would also likely marry someone rich if they are pretty.
Some ex-idols stay connected with the fans on social media. Other ex-idols go completely dark and disappear for good.
;__;
>>
>>15762893
Because they're obsessed with youth. Why else do they have such a huge amount of material produced to pander to pedophiles?
>>
>>15762893

It's the atmosphere of cuteness and innocence that is completely subverted by the way idols are treated like disposable toys. It's just another extension as to everything that is wrong with the music industry once you get beyond what it represents.
>>
>>15787490
What do they do once they're disappear from the limelight? Dedicated your life to singing and be sprakling isn't going to be useful in society.
>>
>>15787910
They become a drain on Japan's welfare system. Ban idols. Teach children that the only way to success is through legitimate work.
>>
>>15787064
Idols are actually banned from having relationships that could even be misconstrued as romantic or sexual. Part of the idol appeal is that they're "available". It keeps alive the fantasy of them being "just for you".
>>
>>15786824
Dude, people have killed themselves because their sports team lost a game.
>>
>>15787951
This seems very unhealthy for both the idol and the fan. It keeps the fan lusting after an imaginary idealized person they will never have while the idol is either unfulfilled or has to keep any relationship a secret. In fact, I posit that idolfaggotry is one of the sources of Japan's declining birth rate.
>>
>>15788052
Shouldn't it be for the best? The country is enough overpopulating, it's a form of population control that isn't genocide or oppressive.
>>
>>15788074
Negative population grown is not good for a country's economy. Humans must fill the world.
>>
>>15787671
>innocence

Just a mask to get their next paycheck and stay relevant
>>
Does Perfume count as an idol group? I like their music but don't really care much for the girls
>>
>>15787910
Get a regular job. Lots of AKB girls for example go to university while still in the group.
>>
>>15762893
It's for insecure people looking for their cozy community's warm hug. Basically it's directed for otaku that are unable to coprehend beauty of 2D.

And you have 2D idols as well, for full retard mode.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.