[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dualshockers ZUN interview.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (43KB, 670x392px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 670x392px
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/08/26/touhou-interview-creator-zun-talks-past-present-and-future-of-his-touhou-project/

Pretty neat.

"A: Is there anything you’d like to personally say to fans?

Z: With the upcoming releases of my fan-made games in the West, I would like the people who have just played the fan-made games to come play the original games."

I approve.
>>
I don't want to give this a page view.
>>
tl;dr
>>
I still don't understand his reasoning with this, but I'll just assume he was handed a bag of gold coins and signed the contract.
>>
>A: Did you expect fans to emotionally attach themselves to some of these characters?

>Z: Even now, I don’t believe it.
>>
>>15750203
What happened?
>>
>>15748548
https://archive.fo/ualwy
>>
>>15748528
>A: What would you say to someone who is making a game based in the Touhou universe, but is having trouble staying motivated?

>Z: Well I’m not forcing you to do anything, if you want to quit, than quit. If you are having fun, then keep going, but if it’s causing you trouble, just stop.

What an honest guy.
>>
>>15750273
Well, we are attached to them sexually, at least.

Who doesn't want to date or fug the 2hus?
>>
>A: Was there ever a time you wanted to stop?
>Z: All the time.
>A: And what brings you back?
>Z: Probably, deadlines [laughs]. Making video games is a lot of fun, but from start to finish there are multiple obstacles to overcome and sometimes that’s overwhelming and could cause me to not want to do it. Although, once I finish, I’ll drink a beer and say, “alright, on to the next one.”

That sounds like the attitude of a workaholic, or of a person that has been doing something so long they don't know what else to do.

I think a good chunk of ZUN's passion is gone.
>>
>>15757180
he's been saying things like this forever, read his afterwords

He holds a lot of trust in how deadlines are important
>>
>>15757191
As someone with a creative-type hobby, that's very true. Even when you love what you do, working on a schedule can help stave off a lot of faffing about. Especially if it's a hobby and not your job. Because there's always the voice in the back of your head telling you it's OK to relax, that you've all the time in the world.

I.E. procrastination.
>>
>>15757180
Having a family was a mistake.
>>
>>15757180
ZUN jokes all the time on how the latest 2hu is going to be the last one.
And you guys flip your shit every single time, it's a joke calm down.
>>
>A: Was it intentional to create so many waifus?
I hate how the term now has completely lost all its meaning and now it just means "fictional girl"
>>
>>15750273
What did he mean by this? That westerners won't attach themselves to the fanmade characters in the new game or was he just being cynical about the fanbase as a whole? If it's the latter that's pretty cold of him.
>>
>>15758453
I think it's just artist's curse.
>>
>>15758453
Are you autistic?
He means he can't believe people like his characters so much, not as a "wow fucking retards they are just drawings" but more of a "I can't believe people care so much about something I've done".
>>
>>15757347
I never said he was going to stop. Nor did I even mention anything about a "last 2hu".

If anything I'm just saying it's not surprising that he may lack passion since the latest 2hu titles haven't exactly been the level of quality that is normally expected.
>>
>>15757180
But he's still saying it's fun.
H-He wouldn't lie to us, right?
>>
>>15757180
No, I think this is a phenomenon that's typical of creatives. 'In a creative endeavor, happiness doesn't enter into it; you are ready to suffer.' Doing something like making a game all by yourself isn't fun in the same way that playing a game is, but even if the minute-to-minute work is tiring and difficult, the process of doing it still creates a sense of elation and is rewarding in the long term.

Seriously, he says right there, "Making video games is a lot of fun". I think the point he's trying to make is that, even though it's hard and there are times when it becomes discouraging, there's still lots of stuff he wants to make, and he's still prepared to suffer in order to do so, because it's still rewarding. That's the opposite of a lack of passion.
>>
>>15758622
>it's not surprising that he may lack passion since the latest 2hu titles haven't exactly been the level of quality that is normally expected.
That's just your own shit opinion.

>>15758638
You are pretty fucking dumb, aren't you?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.