[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good VNs with self insert or just generally not shit MCs?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

Any good VNs with self insert or just generally not shit MCs? Katawa Shoujo was good, and School Days too for different reasons. lookin for those dating sim types, h scenes are cool.
>>
Fate/Stay Night.
>>
>>15706926

that's always what people suggest , but the story doesn't really grip me. and its not quite like katawa or school days
>>
File: 1461495480131.jpg (292KB, 855x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461495480131.jpg
292KB, 855x720px
>>15707027
You might be unto something dood.
>>
Aren't most MCs self inserts? At least that's how I feel about VNs and basically why I play them.
>>
>>15706909
Kraptawa Kuso is not a VN. Now delete your thread.
>>
>>15707104
It literally is.

And it's not even the shittiest thing mentioned in the OP. School Days is so fucking garbage.
>>
>>15707100
Yes but people have warped the definition for their own purposes
>>
>>15706926
Shit protagonist trying to always force his shitty ideals, holy shit.
>>
>>15709971
That's kind of the point of the novel though.
Each arc basically shits on his ideals more and more.
>>
Are there VNs which characters which are not self inserts? Those are really boring. I want an exciting character.
>>
>>15712425
Usually the ones that aren't about dating.
>>
>>15712425
Tokyo Babel.
>>
>>15706909
dating sims are basically dead. you could try something from the xCation series, but they are only slightly dating sim'ish.
>>
>>15707104
>baaaw how dare people like what I hate
Stop breathing.
>>
euphoria
>>
>>15712425
You want an exciting character to self insert into?
>>
>>15714452
No. I want a main character I disagree with.
>>
>>15706936
Different anon but Fate is a pretty solid VN. But for what you are specifically looking for I would highly suggest the Majikoi series.

I see others suggested Euphoria, I would only play this if you aren't the type to be grossed out of shocked by things. If that shit doesn't matter to you or you are sadistic like a lot of us are on here then you would probably enjoy that also.

This one is a bit different than what you asked for but if you are just flat out looking for the best VN you can find I would suggest Umineko No Naku Koro Ni. It has some of the most interesting characters I have experienced and has been one of the few story based VN's that completely held my attention.

So that would be what I would suggest but as I said for what you are specifically looking for I think you would enjoy Makijoi and its sequels.
>>
>>15707104
Katawa shoujo was pretty much the definition of a 7/10. It wasn't bad, don't regret reading it, but it wasn't a masterpiece or anything. Anyone who thinks it's the best thing ever is a newfag and anyone who thinks it's the worst thing ever just loves to shit on popular things or can't mentally separate the fanbase and the novel.
>>
>>15718896
I liked it, but Shizune's route was just painful.
>>
>>15718896
Sounds like a 5/10, dude.
>>
Underwater Ray Romano was pretty cool.
>>
>>15706909
>Any good VNs with self insert or just generally not shit MCs

You're out of luck lad, pretty much every single Jap VN has a terribly written, insufferable faggot of a protagonist.
>>
>>15706909
Write your own.
>>
Generic MC that are easy to self insert and aren't brain dead like Shirou from Fate.

Da Capo series
Princess Waltz
Snow Sakura
Hinatabokko

Pretty much any VN with faceless MC.
>>
Moero Downhill Night
>>
>>15723050
>Princess Waltz
Princess Waltz was so good until the second part of the story. I still enjoyed but it's a damn shame.
>>
Fruit Of Grisaia has a badass MC that's not a self insert
>>
>>15718657
>Majikoi
Is that a joke?
MC was shit.
It's like:
>Look at me im the center of the universe and all girl love me with no reason.
MC was literally mary sue (in the relationship with the girls) and it's makes it very difficult to selfinsert in VN
>>
>>15730469
2nd girl is best girl
>>
>>15706909
swan song
>>
>>15712425

Air, Kanon, Clannad trio. MC is more similar to main love interest in a Shoujo than a VN protagonist (especially in Clannad).
>>
>>15706909
>not shit MCs
OP, define a shit MC... It's too broad f-a-m.
>>
Are there any dating sim/vn that have your typical cute imouto, childhood friend and transfer student routes?
I've yet to find one, or one in English, was having issues searching vndb. Sorry if this is wrong place to ask
>>
>>15743267
Imouto paradise mc was a shit mc, such a douche.
>>
>>15706909
Sharin no Kuni
>>
Koihime Musou
>>
>>15706909
G-senjou no Maou
>>
>>15712425
Swan Song
>>
>self insert MCs
>not shit
>>
>>15733069
That doesn't really make any sense. You are referring to his situation not his personality which is what a self insert would be about. If his situation is what mattered then pretty much no VN could be a self insert as the situations portrayed in them are almost never realistic.

The MC fits to each girls route which I think makes him much easier to self insert with as opposed to an MC who's own overbearing personality dictates the routes.
>>
>>15707100
I dunno, OP was posting Clannad and Okazaki has enough going on with himself that he goes beyond being a simple vessel for the player. I think that's a decent example of a not self-insert MC. He's still fairly "normal" in character for the player to identify with though.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.