[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dateless Bar "Old Adam" Discussion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: ZCDS-0016.jpg (85KB, 450x444px) Image search: [Google]
ZCDS-0016.jpg
85KB, 450x444px
I feel like the last thread didn't do the CD justice, as all the shitposting caused it to reach the bump limit before the discussion really took off.
>>
How would you rank this on your list?
>>
Is this a talkback thread or a general?
>>
Well? Start the discussion.
>>
>>15702259
Music alone? I'd say it's eclipsed by a few.

Now, accounting for the story as well is different. I would probably say it's the most emotional story in the series so far. Lots of powerful moments, paired with extremely fitting music.

Probably the part that hit me the hardest was the line about some of the men shedding a tear from what they saw. Lost Emotion perfectly fit there.
>>
>>15702280
You listened to it and read it, didn't you? Do you really need the OP to ask what you like or disliked?
>>
>>15702260
I'm not quite sure what you meant by talkback. But I certainly wouldn't qualify this as a general. I just wanted to make the thread for more discussion. The analysis's in the last thread were pretty interesting.
>>
I guess this is where the story is getting started as Dr. latency huh?
>>
Dolls in Pseudo Paradise > Magical Astronomy = Dateless Bar "Old Adam" > Neo-traditionalism of Japan > Trojan Green Asteroid > Retrospective 53 minutes = Changeability of Strange Dream > Dr. Latency's Freak Report > Ghostly Field Club
>>
So what's your favourite track anon?
>>
Also ZUN's contribution to Famicom Chiptune Album 8BIT MUSIC POWER NEXT: https://twitter.com/enjou_7743/status/765164918744113152
>>
>>15703014
Only thing I'd change here would be to make R53M equal to TGA and greater than CoSD, and also to put DiPP after MA and DBOA.

Good job anon, great taste.
>>
>>15703453
Probably Old Adam Bar or Hangover of Bedfellows Dreaming Differently.

Both display what the story is trying to say really well.
>>
>>15703453
The Darkness Brought In by Swallowstone Naturalis Historia is fucking beast
>>
>>15703453
Not my favorite, but Omiwa Legend is really fucking good, he really redeemed himself on it. It didn't sound too great before.
>>
Swallowstone and Adventurer's Tavern are beast

Bar: Old Adam and Outsider Cocktail are good

Hangover was amazing up to 2:15. Everything from that point to the end should've never existed and that part alone left such a bad taste in my mouth that whenever I think of the song I think of the awkwardness there instead of the great intro and verse. Damnit, ZUN

And not saying this is a good or bad thing but the album doesn't have as much of a chill, nostalgic feel like his usual music CDs. Old Adam and Adventurer's Tavern sound like stage themes, while Swallowstone and Outsider Cocktail sound like boss songs

I never felt any major differences in Omiwa Legend. The bad intro and repetitive composition are still there, just with slightly better instrumenting

As a whole it's probably better than DLFR due to the consistent quality, but I still like Schrodinger more than anything in this album and I preferred DLFR's selection of arranges too

R53M = MA > 未知の花 魅知の旅 > DiPP > DBOA > DLFR > CoSD = TGA > NtoJ
>>
How old are Renko and Maribel again?
>>
>>15702260
Two threads does not a general make.

>>15704599
They're University or College age. Renko studies physics and Maribel studies psychology.
>>
>>15704613
>They're University or College age.
I completely forgot about that for some reason
>>
>>15704613
Time hasn't stopped in the outside world, so isn't it about time for them to graduate?
>>
>>15704622
>isn't it about time for them to graduate?
Perhaps they already have. In Dateless Bar's story, it doesn't mention anything about college or university. So they're either on break or already graduated. Maybe going to graduate school, or the future's equivalent of that.
>>
>>15704741
It's in the future where there is all sorts of differences, it's probably more like a phd course
>>
>>15703453
The Darkness Brought in by Swallowstone Naturalis Historia and Hangover of Bedfellows Dreaming Differently are both fantastic.
>>
I honestly could see Outsider Cocktail making it into the games
it's so good
>>
Where do you guys read the story? Touhou Wiki?
>>
>>15704890
Yep. That's where I do it. Make sure to read along with the music.
>>
>>15704922
How does one read along with the music? I mean, I took like 30 seconds to finish reading that paragraph intended for that song or am I reading it wrongly? idk man
>>
>>15705068
Just take some time to read it and process the information. Think about it a little bit. Some things could have deeper meanings. It won't take the entire song's length. Take the rest of the time to sit back and enjoy the music.
>>
>>15705068
You can look up the references to Japanese culture that ZUN makes.
>>
File: 58353270_p0_master1200.jpg (252KB, 540x768px) Image search: [Google]
58353270_p0_master1200.jpg
252KB, 540x768px
>>
The way I see it, just like how music goes with the game stages, the songs are enhanced by reading along to.

It's like a nonviolent game set in the outside world
>>
>>15707413
A doujinshi of an album cover is going way too far
>>
I bet the old men who cried while looking at the mirror were the future versions of current /jp/sies. The fag who claims to be Dr. Latency too.
>>
>>15702234
ZUN is actually getting worse and worse at drawing. This is uncanny.
>>
>>15702234
No joke, this is probably the worst ZUN album yet, I didn't save a single new song, which is weird because the previous one was his best one with Natural History of the Childlike Duo being my new favourite ZUN song.
>>
File: 1469381255644.jpg (152KB, 600x888px) Image search: [Google]
1469381255644.jpg
152KB, 600x888px
>>
>>15703453
Outsider Cocktail is fit to be boss theme, like Izanagi Object.
>>
>>15708339
He did a good job in DDC. Second cutest Reimu drawing in the series. Only eclipsed by UFO.
>>
>>15708960
I hope you read the story while listening, it makes the music better. Honestly I really liked this album. I think it's a lot better than DLFR.
>>
>>15708960
Eh, I thought the first track for DBOA was the best original song between the two albums.
>>
>>15709110
It felt like a stage 1-2 boss for me, or maybe something from Aya's or Seija's games. Short and repetitive yet catchy and boss-ish enough, I hope it gets nice arrangements and maybe even shows up in a fangame one day.
>>
File: Cn9zf6_VUAAlezc.jpg (266KB, 1559x1333px)
Cn9zf6_VUAAlezc.jpg
266KB, 1559x1333px
>>
>>15708960
better than DLFR shit
Natural History of the Childlike Duo has cute melody but It doesn't fit for hifuu
>>
>>15702234
well 'I did myself a favour' and gave it a listen, I found it to be easy on the ears and the story a feast for the eyes and a speculation goldmine.
>>
I've listened to this for 5 days still can't get enough
new musics are catchy as hell
>>
>Lately, I've been thinking: how can I maintain that eighth-grade attitude until the day I die?
 If I can do that, I can enjoy sake for my whole life.

Thanks for the feels ZUN-sama
>>
>>15713836
You were reading a Sealing Club album. Did you not expect feels?
>>
>>15702259
I would say it's solidly mid-tier, which is disappointing after DLFR instantly conquered my heart with its catchy tunes. I like the story, though, I'm always up for hearing more about Maribel's power continuing to increase. Sharing it with strangers is a step up, it seems to me.
>>
>>15714691
Also I would rank the CDs roughly like this:

Magical Astronomy > Dr. Latency's Freak Report > Dolls in Pseudo Paradise > Retrospective 53 Minutes > Ghostly Field Club = Neo-Traditionalism of Japan > Trojan Green Asteroid > Changeability of Strange Dream
>>
>>15714431
That's ZUN's afterword bruh.
>>
>>15715875
Yes, and it's in the Sealing Club packet.
>>
>>15714726
>Dr. Latency's Freak Report > Dolls in Pseudo Paradise
ugh
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.