[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elona

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 458
Thread images: 43

File: 22021252_p0.jpg (223KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
22021252_p0.jpg
223KB, 667x1000px
>New Player Guide/FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/Zcavai8x

>Mods:
http://pastebin.com/vZ8Hfw6C

Feel free to post your party and any questions. May Ehekatl bless your adventure.
>>
>>15683289
How do i turn off the message that appears whenever i launch the game?
>>
>>15686066
In the config there should be something like "no_title". Set that to 0, or something.
>>
>>15686125
Thanks, that was starting to get annoying.

Also, my charisma is 19 (base 9), why isn't Directive showing up? Do i need to bring it to base 10?
>>
If I'm trying to teach my pet Cheer so that they'll keep it up constantly, do I need to worry about stamina?
Do NPCs even have stamina?

Also, is Murder Knight worth feeding Hero Cheeses and training?
>>
Anyone getting error 1 when trying elona custom 1.60.1c? Everything works fine for me for regular elona+ 1.60 fix but the custom does not work.
>>
>>15686444
For more info. It seems that when I'm in the overworld the ElonaCustom.exe works, but when I try to enter a map it breaks with Error 1. Anyone have any idea what it could be?
>>
>>15686507
Disregard above 2 posts. I was not running ElonaC.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 7.
>>
Is there a better way to find things like pots of fusion and other tools besides scouring the puppy cave forever?
>>
>>15686844
General goods merchants sometimes have those in stock. All dungeons including puppy cave have tools so you don't need to be in puppy cave.
>>
My museum just had all of its statues disappear for no reason. Is this a known glitch?
>>
>>15686138
>Directive

Assuming you have leveled up after getting your charisma to that level:

You need to target your pet before it can work. Also check 'W' to see if it's in the wide-skill menu.
>>
>>15686188
>do I need to worry about stamina?

Probably not.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/New_Features_in_Elona_Custom_1.51.4
>>
>>15687040
Haven't had this specific problem happen to me, my museum still has its statues, however I can throw out something that may have triggered it. I've noticed that maps, whether it be your storage, home, etc, have item limits it can hold. If you go pass that item limit when you drop something in the map, items will get destroyed to make way for the new item it seems. Might be a game memory thing. I've had whole stacks of stuff wiped out before when going over the limit. The game will tell you if you're destroying stuff by going over limit though.

So maybe you reached the max your museum could hold and stuff got destroyed.
>>
Calling on Kai or any other high level or powerful people. I've gotten some herb farms up and have been working on getting some ap in the void. Character is progressing well I think. While doing dungeons the thought occurred to me that people probably have their own ways of training their characters. I'm interested in knowing how high level people train if it's different than what I'm doing. Walk me through what you do when you boot up elona and go to grind.
>>
What affects accuracy with firearms? Is it reduced in melee range?

I have a gunner who has pretty much ignored melee and I have 128% hit at level 18, but I feel like I'm missing more shots than I hit.
>>
>>15688191
The firearms skill influences accuracy the most when you use guns. If you're missing a lot you may want to focus a bit more on that skill than normal.

Various other factors are influencing whether you hit as well. In general, the farther away a target the harder it is to hit. To add into the complications, certain firearms can only do their max damage at certain ranges while at other ranges their damage is decreased. More on this here:

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Ranged_Weapons

Also certain firearms come with a penalty to hit such as the rail gun. Pay attention to the hit bonus of a weapon.
>>
>>15688065
https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S15480769#p15482682

https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S15533508#p15561275

The results/time ratio is very good, the fun/time ratio is somewhat questionable.
>>
Around what difficulty of Party Time Quests will nobles start spawning with Sheena's Panty? I read on the wiki that higher level Party Time quests spawn them.

The highest ranking one I can do at the moment is 4 green $ and I have yet to find one by prechecking the room with scroll of oracle.

Or is it just a rare spawn regardless of level and I should just keep trying more until I get lucky?

Also thanks to all you anons who take the time to answer questions. These are always the nicest game threads.
>>
>>15689654
Seems pretty random. I have $x30 for party time quests and still no Shena's Panty for me at least.
>>
So I was out mowing and realized the golem was probably the best race aside from snail because the speed malus is extremely easy to correct with AP, while the ~50 life bonus is difficult to achieve as any other race. They're also the only way to become immune to dim that I know of. The downside is their low mana, but that doesn't bother me too much as I never play with a focus on pure casting. I wish I was a cute golem in real life.
>>
is there a way to make my pet hold some of the gigantic pile of consumables in my inventory without him using any of it?

I know i've seen them use potions and rods, but do they read scrolls?
>>
>>15689717
Ah alright. I read the article on the wiki again and realized I missed where it said the spawn rate is 1/100. Apparently it's only more likely to show up in higher level Party Time Quests because there are more nobles.
>>
>>15683289
Illyas what are you doing there?
>>
I just found out this game exists, What i should expect? it already looks like it has some of dwarf fortress sadistic humor

my pet dog died at the first bandit encounter,should i re-create the character?

is there any way to save appearance templates to not do the process all over again?
>>
>>15690041
Pets can be revived by visiting the bar and talking to the bartender. Costs some gold though. Don't know if there is a way to save appearance templates. However, I wouldn't worry too much about appearance at character creation. You can always press c on your keyboard at anytime in the game to open up your character sheet and then press p on your keyboard. The options that comes up will let you customize your appearance similar to what you had at character creation. Guess you can wear a different outfit each day if you wanted to.
>>
>>15690041
Go to the pub there is bartender there that can bring your bitch back from the dead.
>>
>>15690064
Thanks for the reply, which version i should get? currently got the 1.16 from the site, is there too much of a differencet between that and the 1.60?
>>
>>15689882
Well, they'll use anything that is consumable and certain things you give them they'll think it's theirs and can be very adamant about that point. Such as engagement rings. I think it's safe to let them hold onto some of the other stuff that isn't consumable like armor pieces but don't let them hold onto consumables.
>>
>>15690075
1.16 is vanilla Elona. Around that version or maybe a couple versions later Noa stopped development of Elona and released the source code for a limited time. Ano got a hold of the source and expanded on the Elona world. He named his creation Elona+ and that's the version a lot of people play and most referenced on this board. 1.60 is Elona+ and the most current version that is being played specifically is 1.60fix. Aside from the main game of Elona+, a lot of people also download Elona Custom version 1.60.1. Elona Custom is a mod to Elona+ that adds a lot of features and improves on the English translations. A lot of people are running that setup(Elona+ 1.60fix with Elona Custom).

You might want to view the pastebin in the OP eventually.
>>
>>15690124
Thanks a bunch! yes i downloaded the 1.60 with the 1.60.1b version over, applied the music and texture pack that came from the original vanilla site, now it looks neater

Now the most important question:Is barehanded viable here or i am doomed to fail?
>>
>>15690174
Martial Arts? Oh it's very viable. Can do lots of damage however it's a skill that requires a lot of time investment to make it shine. It starts off weaker than weapon skills but eventually becomes very powerful. At least that's what I get from this guy named Kai that posts about it on this thread as well as some other anons.
>>
>>15690174
Martial arts is eventually extremely powerful. Key word being eventually.
Once you've leveled it up to about 60 it starts to shine. Your bare hands will be able to explode air and force things to vomit.

If you want to go with it, you should equip the best Claws you can find on your hands and ranged slot. It'll give you huge +hit and +damage bonuses.
Funnel money into upgrading them at a blacksmith. Nothing else is as immediately important as upgrades. Armor too.
Learn Investing, train it a little by investing a bit, then save up money to invest 50 into a magic vendor. They'll start stocking change material and rarely superior material scrolls. These will greatly improve your claws.

Also a great idea for ranged characters. Claws are great.
>>
File: Star Pratinum.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Star Pratinum.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>15690192
>>15690230
Not him but how well does continuous attacks work with a martial arts build? Actually what are some great skills that work with a martial arts build in general other than the martial arts ones of course. Also how does one get past the early game if going the martial arts route?
>>
>>15690083
Well my problem is that most of my inventory weight is from potions + my actual worn equipment.
I guess i should drop most of these in my house instead of just carrying every potion I own in my inventory.

unrelated:
Holy crap blackjack with the lucky day buff is good. I got 8 potions of cure corruption plus a miracle arrow and a ton of random (great) gear.
>>
>>15690254
Going the MA route doesn't mean you can't use a weapon 'till you get your feet under you, unless you want a self-imposed challenge or something.
>>
File: arrow.png (62KB, 440x140px) Image search: [Google]
arrow.png
62KB, 440x140px
>>15690271
Actually never mind about the arrow

What's the deal with artifact ammo usually having no bonuses on it?
>>
>>15690285
Well what would you recommend? I was thinking of starting out with guns and then moving onto fists. Is that okay? I think I remember you can change class.
>>
>>15690254
>Not him but how well does continuous attacks work with a martial arts build?
See https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S15480769#p15523214
>I'm still unsure about the mechanics for MA, but my hypothesis is that not only do you have to have an extremely high extra melee attribute (granted to my pet with the Cestus and Mighty Arms), but you also have to be completely unarmed, so no tonfas or claws.

>Actually what are some great skills that work with a martial arts build in general other than the martial arts ones of course.
Tactics, Eye of Mind, the Evasion skills, and of course Martial Arts are the way to go. Tactics caps at 761 iirc. Eye of Mind + Will are your main damage dealers, increase these when you can. As a secondary attribute, raise STR to increase base damage. Prioritize MAG last to increase Attribute damage (easily done with Oracle spam at the Mages' Guild). You can do a hybrid caster/martial artist if you want.

>Also how does one get past the early game if going the martial arts route?
Kokou feat and small medals for shield tonfa. Use shield tonfa / claw until you reach 250 Martial Arts or Lost Irva. Smash and shield (or saber, if you're feeling gutsy) tonfas should be able to carry you past the Lost Irva quests for the armor artifacts that increase the Extra melee and Proximity assist attributes.

I hope you don't mind me asking Kai, but would you be willing to make a Martial Artist guide for the pastebin so that there is an easily accessible resource? Wiki isn't very reliable in terms of maintained guides.
>>
File: cianeck.jpg (285KB, 816x727px) Image search: [Google]
cianeck.jpg
285KB, 816x727px
This is a good necklace.
>>
Will high amounts of skill levels in Dual Wielding or Medium Armor decrease the spell casting penalty?

As much as I love magic dart hitting for 1300 with three [#####]+ spell enhance gear, 84% cast chance hurts.
>>
>>15690342
>small medals for shield tonfa.
Approximately how quickly should I get it? I can always look on the wiki for the location of small medals the problem lies in actually surviving trips around the World for small medals.
>>
>>15690393
I concur.
>>
Is it pretty much required to own a shop, a museum and stuff like that later in the game to make money or can I just continue to take up quests? I mean I'm trying to roleplay as an adventurer, not a businessman, you know?
>>
>>15690545
Museums are pretty bad. Low income and requires hundreds of figurines and cards.

Shops are amazing since they allowed you to dump GP into Charisma + Negotiation training for your shopkeeper. It gets you something like 150% potential each for your pet.
The cost rapidly scales up, but you'll be making way more than you put in.
My juere swordsman went from 20/20 charisma / negotation to about 90/190 in a year by regularly dropping stuff off.
I have so much money that I don't know what to do with it. Any time I come back from a dungeon I get about 300k from dropping everything off.
Right now I have 3.7 million GP and I'm only level 47 and haven't touched Act II. This is with constantly throwing money to my pets, too.
>>
>>15690600
I kind of lost my meaning there.

Quests are more for platinum coins than for gold.
Dungeons are what you want for money if you don't want to run a shop, but all the excess gear you'll get will sell for 10x more at a shop.
>>
>>15690413
It will improve your survival more than any other early-game item.
>>
>>15690781
As a different anon from that one:

Is shield tonfa the go-to small medal item even for non martial arts characters? I have 60 and I'm not sure what to buy
>>
>>15690824
I never saw the appeal of Diablo since there are so many other good artifact weapons - that leaves Shield Tonfa and Sage's Helm. It's your pick. I'd go shield and get the helm second, but that's just me. Any character can benefit from either of these, it's just that you'll switch them out much later on for more damage potential.
>>
I just started playing elona+ again after a long break; I think the last version I touched was 1.30 or something like that. Is it just me, or does android not have cArmor anymore? I remember it being a lot more tankier...
>>
>>15691048
You're probably just used to your old god pets with full +10 armor and high skills.
>>
Any recommendations for grinding out Learning for pets so I can give them more instructions?
>>
File: grnd.jpg (3MB, 1599x2992px) Image search: [Google]
grnd.jpg
3MB, 1599x2992px
>>15688065
Curious about what others do to grind now that you bring it up. My training for Kai revolves around in game calendar days, cooldowns, and spell potentials. In regards to spells I only actively train these spells: Buffs(all), Thunder Vortex, Ice Ball, Fireball, Magic Storm, Summon Spirit, and Meteor. All other spells get trained either on the field or through magic classes. I only train spells at 400 potential and switch out spells I train once a spell drops below below 200. Anyhow this is what a typical grind session looks like for me with the assumption that all my spell potentials have tanked:

1) Load up music playlist or find documentary on youtube.

2) Load up save with god/goddess commentary. I'm usually at my characters home. Walk to Lumiest and enter the mages guild. Buy all the Oracle spellbooks I had reserved and visit the two magic vendors to buy wonder scrolls if they have them. Walk back to house. I don't cast return because I could use all the traveling exp.

3) Once back home I make note of the calendar date and I then summon my snail and ride it to decrease my speed to 25 which will make time move faster for me. While on my snail I hotkey the oracle spellbooks and just hold down the hotkey to read them all fast all the while with time moving forward.

3) After reading the books I either hotkey the oracle spell or a buff. I will spam oracle or a buff while on my snail until my character gets sleepy and goes to bed to restore spell potential. Once my character wakes up I make a note of my buffs potential if that's what I'm casting and switch out to a different buff if its potential is below 200. If I'm casting oracle I don't care about spell potential and will just keep spamming it in the hopes of magic attribute gain. I'll use potions of potential when I have to. My casting is capped but in the past I'd every now and then visit a trainer to restore casting potential.

4) So I keep casting oracle or my buff spells until I get sleepy all the while keeping track of the calendar days. Every three days I check all 8 my magic vendors at home for wonder scrolls, potions of cure corruption, potions of potential, flying scrolls, and wish spellbooks. I also go out into my fields and use the Kumiromi gemstones. Every five days I check my Kumiromi statues for herb seeds. Eventually through enough sleep my character gets 400 potential in all spells and once that's done it's time to harvest and replant herb plants and magic plants.

5) As I'm harvesting I store my herbs and rods in my 4d pocket. Once I'm done I sort, use pot for fusion, and store excess herbs in my storage house. I go through the rods in the 4d pocket to check for rods of wishing and place all other rods in my magic shop for my Strike Ogre to sell for gold or in hopes that some guy will exchange a rod for another rod. Hopefully of wishing. I usually check the shop desk to raise her potential, go to rub her horn and pat her on the head for a job well done, and head to Palmia first but I'll eventually hit up all the towns for job board quests.

6) While in town I hit up the magic vendors for wonder scrolls and then do challenge, panic, hunting, and party time quests. I ignore the rest. While in Yowyn I may do a harvest quest in the hopes of getting more magic seeds if I need some. I do job board quests for platinum and music tickets primarily. I can get up to 10 platinum coins doing challenge job board quests and I can trade in tickets for hero cheese, magic fruit, herbs, and speed uppers.

7) After doing the job board stuff in all towns in North Tyris I hit up dungeons in the 400-500 range for gold and gold medals. It's also here that I actively train my thunder vortex, iceball, fireball and magic storm spells. I'll keep doing dungeons until all those spells tank below 200 potential.

8) Once that's done I go out into some random wilderness and cast summon spirit until it tanks below 200. That really doesn't take too long to do and then I warp home to grab survival gear for the void. I stock up on escape scrolls, change creature rods, various healing potions if I get silenced and stacked with bleeding, and anything else that may help me survive in the void.

9) Once I arrive in the void I just start spamming meteor on each floor clearing them out quickly and in the process gaining AP quickly too. I'll do this until meteor tanks below 200. After that I train Martial Arts and other melee skills by punching everything to death. Once I get 2000 AP I warp to Larna, then warp to Irva, and then visit Leold to exchange AP for bonus skill points. I then warp to South Tyris, visit various towns in South Tyris to check up on magic vendors with wonder scrolls and to maybe exchange music tickets for hero cheese, magic fruit, herbs, or speed uppers if I have enough tickets.

10) I then visit a trainer to restore skill potentials and some of the excess platinum I use to attend magic classes. That pretty much wraps up the grind session.
>>
>>15691354
>thunder vortex, iceball, fireball

Do you get any use out of them or is that just for experience?
Isn't everything at high levels something like 90% immune to non-magic elements?
>>
>>15691354
Minor notes before I get to the main reason why I'm following up my post. Challenge and panic quests become so much faster to complete if you use dimensional fishing. What I posted above is just a generic list of what I do to strengthen my character in multiple aspects all at once. Some days I'll just specialize in doing one thing or I'll just fool around with finding stuff for my house that I'll someday customize.

Anyhow, in my previous post my picture contained a snapshot of one of my new best friends in the void. Puff the magical cloud dragon. While in the void, the memory of the good ol days where you could train on sand bagged enemies came to mind. While entertaining that memory this cloud dragon came into view. I don't find cloud dragons particularly threatening however they're tough to kill because they cast a very powerful heal spell and have tons of MP. If I don't silence them it takes forever to kill them. It was after this thought that an idea came to mind. Why don't I entomb myself with this cloud dragon so it has nowhere to run? I can just wail on it for a very very long time gaining skill off of it while it spammed healing to keep itself from dying. It may not be a sand bagged enemy but it's the next best thing.

It really was the next best thing. Over the weekend I was able to go from 1020ish Martial Arts to 1200 all by just wailing on my new sparring partner. Even though puff lacks arms, her withering glare, powerful legs, immense MP, and most important of all, high evasion, proved she was a martial arts grandmaster! Perfect for raising my Martial Arts skill, Eye of Mind skill, Strength Attribute, and Will Attribute. Think I have my ticket to 2000 Martial Arts now but what's cool is that you can level any weapon skill doing this. All you need to do is find a particularly durable enemy that can heal itself. Cloud dragons work but another enemy that I've seen that works too is the Archayeek. If for some reason I need a more durable version of these two I guess I can just go deeper in the void.

Unfortuantely, all my wailing on puff didn't exactly raise my tactics. In fact, I'm finding tactics very hard to raise now that I've gotten it past 1000. Most of my raises have instead come from gauge attacks. I may have to resort to just dumping bonus points into it to raise it while I experiment with other ways to raise it. Regardless, I'm pretty happy I've found a decent way to raise weapon skills outside of bonus point dumps.
>>
>>15691382
I use them to take advantage of inherit weaknesses and damage multipliers. For instance, the undead is naturally very weak to fire and anything wet takes extra damage from ice ball and thunder vortex. It's pretty easy to apply the wet status to an enemy by leading in with bubble storm or by throwing any potion at an enemy. The damage dice for the elemental spells are actually much higher than magic storm and you can take advantage of it usually after you stick an elemental scar on an enemy. Can check out the spells technical page on the wiki if you want exact info on spell damage formulas

I get pretty good damage with the elemental spells down in the void despite resistances but if I do meet an enemy that's really resistant after elemental scar I still have magic storm to go back to. Meteor does well enough down there for me to get easy AP despite the fire resist. Probably because the spell has insane damage scaling.
>>
The final cutscenes of Act I say that Ether is harmless to work with.
Act II states the Vindale Forest, source of Ether, heals the Ether Disease.

Why is ether equipment harmful then?
>>
>>15691613
Ether is harmful to most races but some races have more resistance to it. Typically the Elea are used by others to handle Ether as they're more resistant to it. The "safe" to work with is kinda off though. I blame Yerles propaganda.

The act II thing you'll find out more about as you play on.
>>
>>15690393
Is that made with artifact fusion?
>>
>>15691354
I'm reading this while struggling to get my main skills to 20. Want to try out the new necromancy stuff. Life is suffering.
>>
Can i teach my Exile new spells? If so then how?
>>
>>15692090
Not possible in Elona+, but if you can through Elona Custom's Tactics system. I don't use custom, so look here.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/New_Features_in_Elona_Custom_1.51.4
>>
any reason why the 1.16 version had something like 200+ cloth and the 1.60 only has something like 17? did i installed something wrong?
>>
Starting out with a low Life character is harder than I thought. Even with good PV/DV values, you have to tank magics, and even with Superb+ fire resistance, a red dragon breath can do >50% of my HP. Well, it's 10 levels stronger than I am, so maybe that's appropriate.

>>15692327
I've no idea what cloth you're referring to.
>>
File: Elona1.png (639KB, 795x623px) Image search: [Google]
Elona1.png
639KB, 795x623px
>>15692507
on the 1.16 version i can simply drop the graphics pack from the oiffical site and everything works out kind of well, on the 1.60 custom version sprites look abit.....off and i cant get clothes past tha 18 number

and yes i dropped the new graphics on the PCC sfolder inside graphics
>>
>>15692544
Ah, well, I can say you haven't installed anything wrong at least. I don't mod myself so I can't really help there, but Elona+ default only has 17 clothes.
>>
You know what this game needs? A better way of hiring adventurers. Like maybe an adventurer's guild where you could create your own character with his/her own class and everything kinda like EO would be nice.
>>
File: Fixed.png (230KB, 624x583px) Image search: [Google]
Fixed.png
230KB, 624x583px
>>15692597
Managed to solve the issue, i copied the OLDPCC files in the PCCs folder, then applied the graphics pack of the vanilla site on the PCCs folder, now i got my 200+ clothes options again
>>
File: elona.png (139KB, 794x1039px) Image search: [Google]
elona.png
139KB, 794x1039px
here have some oc

>>15666710
>>15668818
>>15674444
it's fucking april fools dialogue
>>
So I was messing around, having no clue what I'm doing, and I think I accidentally whored myself out.

What I'm wondering is if this is a viable way to play the game, or if it's more of a supplement.
>>
>>15693077
You can make money that way, I can get about 3k with around 30 charisma from vendors and it's a good way to make friends.
But heard performing is better way to get money when you level it. Don't play near strong NPCs if you have low level.
>>
>>15692747
Thanks doc
>>
>>15693096
I know there's more efficient ways to play (I'm actually doing some bard shenanigans right now) but I'm a bit of an RPer. I was just curious on the viability of creating a prostitute.

I'm not even certain what triggers it. Is it just high charisma?
>>
>>15693101
you're welcome
>>
File: bmok.png (106KB, 707x935px) Image search: [Google]
bmok.png
106KB, 707x935px
>mfw arena
No "fight to the death" music has the right to be so upbeat
>>
>>15693110
You have to (G)ive some alcohol to get them drunk, then you ask them.
If this is viable? It's practically charisma-focused build, so you can get many pets early, you could RP them as your bodyguards (you're going to be high-class prostitute, after all)
>>
>>15693148
Yep, music is great,
>>
>>15693171
Ohhh, okay

So the dude who approached me just happened to be drunk at the time.

Which would also explain why he went insane and started taking off his clothes afterwards.
>>
>>15693188
Yeah, they go insane after this, guilt, I guess.
You may go insaneas well if you use a prostitute in Derphy.
>>
>>15693148
Music ranges from awesome to painfully bad (like the town theme) in Elona. Speaking of which can you post the theme you're talking about? Also the battle theme against the bandits is pretty radical as well.
>>
>>15693205
Can't find on youtube but go in the sound folder and click "victory" without the quotes
>>
Okay guys I have an idea:

Elona, but with a Western Triple A budget.

Is it better or worse?
>>
File: asshole.png (8KB, 48x72px) Image search: [Google]
asshole.png
8KB, 48x72px
Hey fucker you're not going to try play the piano in town again, are you?
>>
>>15693273
Nice as hell song, but which one is for rogue boss?

>>15693297
Depends if the jap guys just get the money or if this is made by western firm.
In first case we could get some nice, crazy 3D RPG, hopefully without voice-acting, because then adding new voices and translating them would troublesome.

In second case it becomes politically correct, so shit.
>>
How is the amount of money my pet pickpockets from killed monster determined?
>>
>>15693331
Dunno which one it is, sorry.

Just listen to all the midi files and you should find it.
>>
>>15693321
*unzips rod of teleportation
Of course I'm going to.
>>
>>15693331
>In second case it becomes politically correct, so shit.
Nah Triple A devs being PC isn't the real problem it's the fact they are typically lazy as fuck. Look at the Elder Scroll games for example.
>>
>>15693346
It's battle1, if I'm not mistaken
>>
>>15693347
*teleports behind u*
*throws rock at your head*
pssh...nothing personnel...kid...
>>
>>15693382
*be level 20*
*tanks it like champ*
*zaps the muthafuka*
>>
File: Got it.png (268KB, 626x413px) Image search: [Google]
Got it.png
268KB, 626x413px
How much literacy do I need?
>>
How much will Dupli-cane help me with rods? Does it work with alchemy, domination or wish rods?
>>
>>15693321
Getting to the point where I could kill him in Party Time quests felt so good.
>>
>>15693606
Speaking of party time, are there ways to intentionally provoke infighting between guests other than having someone attack someone else for a reason or the other (drunk status?)?
>>
>>15693546
Just offensive rods like magic missile.

>>15693534
A lot. I blew it with 130 Lit.
>>
>>15693625
fug
>>
>>15689751
Pretty much. Starting with a really fast race like Fairy will just jack up your speed ini.
>>
>>15693096
*41 charisma with gear
My bad
>>
Is it possible to make putitoro out of cooked putit meat?
I located my putit ranch quite too far from Vernis of Palmia (sources of fish) to get there in time before corpses rot and I lost my cold box (Big Daddy is too hard for me for now)
>>
>>15693855
Yes.

Also rotting doesn't matter for those recipes.
>>
>>15690342
What's the best God for your build? Jure?
>>
>>15689751
>and realized the golem was probably the best race aside from snail
Why is snail better? More AP gain?

And how bad is Lich?
>>
>>15693616
if you just want people to die you could use summon monster
>>
>>15693928
Nice, thanks.
>>
>>15693954
Lich is really good. The Mana you gain is a lot more than the Life you lose.
>>
File: resists.png (987KB, 1599x1202px) Image search: [Google]
resists.png
987KB, 1599x1202px
>>15689751
I've managed to get dim immunity so far with my character Kai who is a Eulderna. By stacking lots of sound resist through artifact fusion, everything that used to dim me in the void doesn't anymore.

I can also confirm that stacking mind resist can make you immune to insanity. All the Yith creatures in the void that used to make me insane don't anymore due to me stacking mind resist. What's great is your sanity meter doesn't climb either.

Whether or not I'll need to stack more resists the deeper I go in the void is unknown for me but for the time being I'm immune. I customized my resists to get me superb+++++ in everything at the very least but really went heavy on sound, mind, and magic. Seems my mind resist is class 12, sound class 24, and magic is class 29.

>>15690342
I'll look into maybe writing something up in the future then.

>>15693931
Not sure how other martial artist characters feel but for me I think the main candidates are Jure and Kumiromi. If you're playing a martial artist/caster hybrid like me you can throw Itzpalt into the mix.

I really liked Jure's healing prayer. It scales nicely and is a very powerful healing spell mixed with some other good stuff. I found myself getting hurt a lot due to having to engage targets in melee so I can use all the healing I can get. What's very nice about the prayer is that you can use it even if you're silenced and it also puts holy veil on you and can cure dim. I've also seen it cure silence sometimes.

I tend to use the special actions attribute and clear mind a lot with my martial artist so Kumiromi can help ease stamina problems. Since I cast spells I don't really have problems with kiters or runners but if you're a pure martial artist character you'll probably be depending on shadow step and will want something to cover spamming it. That's where Kumiromi can come in.

If you're playing a hybrid martial artist caster Itzpalt's absorb magic helps you keep MP on hand if you can't rest and boosts resists.

Going through all the gods for the god rewards but for me I think I'll settle down with Jure as my final god. I miss having her healing and it was very useful for me when diving deep in the void.

>>15693954
Lich isn't bad. Really good race for pure casters if that's what you were going for. A good race for necromancers too.
>>
What do I need to transmute with alchemy to get a fusion pot? I've fully cleared so many dungeon floors but not a single one dropped for me. General shops failed me too.
>>
>>15694189
You need to get lucky and find one sadly.

Invest in shops, maybe the ones at the embassy that sell furniture.
>>
>>15694189
I'd think any other tool.
>>
>>15694174
Sorry, meant to say absorb magic helps keep MP on hand. It doesn't boosts resists but just worshiping Itzpalt does boost elemental resists as that's one of his perks.
>>
Alright, opinions on a magical pet to pick up to even out my melee/range/healer party. Would Fire Dragon Child or Magic Spirit be more optimal to get me through at least act 1?

From what I've read any pet can be made at least decent with determination and grinding, but since I'm roleplaying a wandering adventure/murder hobo the only boosts I'm gonna get for pet potentials is breakfast/baker foods/whatever I manage to cook from what I find and letting them train themselves with gold.

At least until I can get magic shops to start selling potions of potential.
>>
File: el.jpg (101KB, 604x273px) Image search: [Google]
el.jpg
101KB, 604x273px
>>15694323
L-LEWD!
>>
>>15694323
Not sure fire dragon child is a magic pet. Its class is predator and has a melee AI. The Exile is regarded as one of the best magic pets because it can double cast dart spells. After that the Fox Brother is another good casting pet of note. It starts with 204 speed and has a decent lineup of spells at its disposal such as mind bolt, magic dart, raging roar, nightmare, and divine wisdom. It also has the touch of sleep special action. Unfortunately, his life attribute is only 30 life but after evolutions you can get it to a more comfortable number of 80. Elea wizards and Magic Spirit can also work like you said since any pet can be made good.
>>
Does anyone know if level a mutant pet, will it get a 2nd back slot or a 2 head slot? I need to put some limbs on Isca the fallen angel.
>>
File: 1459920797683.png (298KB, 828x658px) Image search: [Google]
1459920797683.png
298KB, 828x658px
>>15694415
>>
>>15694499
I don't think NPC mutants get the "your body is constantly changing" feat.
>>
How do i change my home base sprite? i tried changing it in the board but its now a white square, any way to make it back to default?
>>
What do Nuclear dead lions do?
>>
>>15694589
Besides sounding like a cool band name, it's a free nuclear bomb and you use it the same way.
>>
>>15694499
It can get anything but body, shoot and ammo.

>>15694578
They do.
>>
>>15694654
Sooooo...
I've killed a winged snail and it... joined my party?

What to do now? Does it have anything useful for gene engineering?
>>
>>15694458
I was thinking about the fire dragon child's breath attack using evolutions honestly. I forgot I can't any but the first in act 1 anyways.
>>
>all these people killing each other at Party Time! job
Not even punks did this at every concert.
>>
>>15694686
It's pretty much a joke character. It has a back slot you could engineer onto, say, a horse. It also has a few skills but you can get them all from the slave trader anyway.
Unique NPCs will join your party if you kill them in E+. The next one you encounter should be Goda, who was around level 25 for me. He's not fantastic, but a pretty capable warrior NPC.
>>
>>15694716
People in Elona are batshit crazy, News at 11. Even you the player who constantly goes around eating human meat and breeding little girls with dogs isn't as insane.
>>
>>15694716
Tell that to me, i had half audience (20 NPCs) commit suicide by sulfuric acid.
And that was BEFORE i started playing
>>
I got an ice ent from a scroll of ally. Is it worth putting it in the ranch for resistances and got piety even though it only has 20 breed power?
Or should I just sell it into slavery?
>>
>>15694835
ranch it if you haven't beaten zeome yet
>>
>>15692747
April fools joke or not, the Elona world has some interesting social taboos and norms so their point still stands. Killing a bard or beggar is fair game but society considers you worse than Hitler if you kill a noble child or a cat in no future mode. You can kill a bard and eat his corpse in front of everybody and nobody will care.
>>
>>15694716
These are the same people who will chug sulfuric acid and clothing dye for no reason.
>>
Traded for my first living weapon with an adventurer in exchange for some Gwen the Innocent steak. Thanks, Gwen. Now drop that damn treasure.
>>
Is there any penalty for dying recklessly? barely level 2 and i have died five times already
>>
>>15694961
My living weapon is a pair of panties.
I cannot remember where i got them but it wasn't trading.
But honestly as good as they are they seem to miss far too much and my pets already do tons of damage (cue Exile going Macross on a hapless putit with magic darts) and if stuff stands in line they eat bolts and magic lasers.

Now i understand the 15 stone limit for equipment for wizbiz
>>
>>15694971
pretty sure there's only downsides once you get to level 6. in which case you lose exp and drop items
>>
>>15694971
There is once you hit level 6. Dying is really bad for you, try to avoid it in the future.
>>
>>15694971
You lose money, some items and possibly damage your stats.

>>15693855
Have you tried stealing their shotgun and then peppering them from afar? If you can keep away they are helpless
>>
>>15694971
Loss of gold and dropping of stuff in your inventory. At level 5 or higher you begin losing attribute points as well.
>>
>>15694583
changing it to 0 will make it default.
>>
>>15694583
i tried putting 0, its still a white box
>>
Holy god, a Grass Dancer with the Wind Bow is fucking insane.
>>
>>15694873
Is that just for the "time skips forward 3 years" part?

Because I only recently started playing and I'm not really anywhere near that yet.
>>
>>15695364
Do pet grass dancers keep their innate resistances?
>>
>>15695399
yes
>>
What are the benefits of incarnation again? Thinking of retiring my old character into someone new now I got the hang of the game and all. I hear they inherit all equipped items or something.
>>
Is this fucking joke? Only claw's bonus damage/to hit points works for weapons in other slots?
>>
I wish it was possible to have the custom AI just fall back to normal AI if none of its parameters were valid.

it would make it so much easier to just tell my golden knight to spam insult and heal herself if I didn't also need enough AI slots to add in the "walk forwards and melee attack" shit

>>15695545
what?
>>
>>15695469
Inventory at time at of making the gene, excluding some things like precious items. In practice, it's just a small boost so you're not starting over from absolute zero.
>>
>>15695545
I've never heard of this. I've heard that it does help a gun's damage with the claw equipped on a hand and a gun in the shoot slot however it should also help in damage if you simply melee.
>>
>>15695572
>In practice, it's just a small boost so you're not starting over from absolute zero.
Are you referring to the inherited items or is there some sort of stat boost I'm not aware of as well?
>>
>>15695580
You get inherited items (have to be reclaimed tho), some platinum (up to 50), some gold (up to 50000) and 1/10? of materials. Stock up on that 500 Yen coins.
>>
>>15695469
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Marriage_and_Genes

Read the genes section and some of the comments.
>>
>>15695580
you get a decent amount of bonus points but i'm not sure what it's based on
>>
>>15695568
>>15695572
I'm using guns and decided to equip shena's panty and kumiromi's coin in melee slots but it doesn't work. It gives 0 damage or to hit to my gun.

Should I get 2 claws instead?
>>
>>15695935
Listed bonuses on a weapon only apply to that specific weapon. What makes claws and tonfas different is that they're not considered traditional weapons in the game. They fall into a very weird category of equipment. Anyhow, claws and tonfas can help you with your range damage and to hit..
>>
>>15695935
oh well duh

those are weapons, of course their +hit and +dam only affect themselves

yeah you'll need claws for that i guess

some gloves also get bonuses
>>
What's the best monster to dominate and ride for lowering speed? Snail? Or maybe a bell?
>>
can you gene-engineer a snail to have 27 limbs for the speed penalty?
>>
Any Shena fanart?
>tfw you will never bounce a quarter off Shena's ass
>>
>>15696280
are you trying to lower speed so it's easier to get AP? if so it uses base speed, so the snail would be much better than the bell. though afaik the bell lowers it lower than the snail does.
>>
>>15696368
I'm trying to slow down my turns so that my pets can train themselves 'faster', but I'm too fast for the fetter of earth. I'm not too interested in AP, but I suppose that might be something I might need to go for in the future. Thanks.
>>
File: 1461679545499.jpg (196KB, 397x396px) Image search: [Google]
1461679545499.jpg
196KB, 397x396px
>You fall asleep.
>Suddenly, you gain knowledge of a spell, Wish.

>costs 597 out of 200 stock
>1% success rate
>>
>>15696469
Start working on that casting skill.
>>
I beat a really high level dungeon and now all the dungeons have insane DLs. Is there any way to lower the level of the dungeons that spawn?
>>
>>15696469
I think the number before stock is its MP cost not exactly how much it costs in stock. You have to calculate how much stock it takes yourself.
>>
>>15696526
apparently you can reset it at the Oblivion Palace in South Tyris.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/The_Oblivion_Palace
>>
>>15696477
>>15696530
well my casting skill is _5_ so I'm probably not going to use it any time soon
>>
>>15696544
Neat, thanks.
>>
Alright, created a basic martial arts guide. Feel free to add to pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/ecnys3Gt
>>
>>15694993
>Have you tried stealing their shotgun and then peppering them from afar? If you can keep away they are helpless
I have no pickpocket skill and guess I will have to skill it pretty highly.
>>
Where should I save before updating, in a town or in the wilderness?
>>
Tfw you get etherwind disease because the local innkeeper refuses to wake up...
>>
>>15697059
>not kicking the faggot
>>
>>15697082
Oh... I thought that the whistle was the only way to wake up people...
>>
File: neat.jpg (182KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
182KB, 640x640px
>>15683289
Oh wow, I haven't thought about Elona for ages. Just heard this still gets talked about

If anyone remembers, I used to make Elona+ generals on /vg/ (before the hype died down and the survivors migrated to /rlg/), and I made some spritesheets and a Wild Arms music pack.

What's going on with this game these days? Tons of Elona+ updates since then?

Is Elona+ still the de facto official, best version?
>>
>>15697053
One of the txt files bundled with the game says to save in a city before updating. I've saved in the wilderness before updating before and nothing bad happened. One place you shouldn't save and update from is dungeons though. Lots of people have reported saves getting corrupted when they did that.
>>
>>15697189
Lots of updates. We're on 1.60 now with Elona+. Elona+ is still the most played version.
>>
>>15697189
Yep. But there's also Elona Custom that uses Plus as a base. All it does is translate more and allow small tweaks like pet AI.
>>
>>15695404
Sadly no, but they make up for it by being able to Carebear stare swarms of mobs to death. It's ridiculous.
>>
File: Grass Dancer pet resistances.jpg (273KB, 804x598px) Image search: [Google]
Grass Dancer pet resistances.jpg
273KB, 804x598px
>>15697512
Forgot the image.
>>
>>15697189
Your link for the Wild Arms music pack died. Mind re-uploading it?
>>
I find it hilarious that Elona also refers to Elona quimperiana, an edible snail.
>>
>>15697634
Oh huh, it should still be at my mediafire link available forever. It'd be terribly outdated by now unless nothing in the music files has changed, though.

I'll check
>>
>>15697634
>>15697781

Yeah looks like it's still kicking

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d5bx9h8b6737o89/WA_MusicPack_Part1.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u95hbh84w888fic/WA_MusicPack_Part2.rar
>>
>>15697792
Seems I still have an old v1.43 elona+ sprite sheet I custom cobbled together from different sources I liked, too.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8lpkaueyu4lvyan/character.bmp
>>
Is there an in-depth guide to how gene engineering works, especially for skills?
>>
File: Untitled.png (25KB, 454x356px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
25KB, 454x356px
so this happens everytime i put the custom sprite character.bmp in my elona folder

is there any way to fix this? im using 1.60
>>
>>15696939
Join thief guild in Derphy (don't pay taxes for 6 months) and get it trained.
Then do quests to raise karma and the arena.
When you finish a hunting quest or the arena you can pickpocket stuff lying on the ground (skeletons and braziers in the arena, trees in hunting quest if you are strong enough).
Get the Red Blossom in Palmia (you can get it in Derphy) quest to obtain the Secret Treasure of the Wicked, it halves karma loss so it negates the karma penalty for stealing without getting caught (pangs of conscience=-1 karma, with treasure of the wicked you don't lose karma)
However your max karma will be 0.
>>
So, I started Elea pianist, and I get killed in the first town by the crowd I play piano for. Is it a joke class?
>>
File: P49-LoyterTheCrimsonOfZanan.png (8KB, 48x72px) Image search: [Google]
P49-LoyterTheCrimsonOfZanan.png
8KB, 48x72px
>>15698418
Fuck this cunt in particular general?
Fuck this cunt in particular general.

If you get your hands on a rod of teleport you can whisk her and other high-level NPCs away and play in peace.
Do lots of Party Time quests, try to find places with mostly generic citizens/beggars.
Pianists can make TONS of money as soon as their Performer skill goes high enough. At 30 performer skill you can also perform with your pets as a [W]ide skill and you don't need a instrument to do so.
>>
>>15698444
I don't know who's that. Are those quests safer than performing near town well.
>>
>>15698496
That bitch sits in the pub in Vernis.
And is a fucking cunt when it comes to performing, throwing rocks that could probably oneshot a superboss or two.

But if you are still practicing performing, then do it away from shopkeepers, guards, named NPCs, etc. Just find a place with some citizen, miners, beggars, old people, kids and nothing else and get grindan.

Also those quests allow you to practice performing fairly well, lots of NPCs, especially low level (though there will be still a higher level asshole or two)
>>
>>15698496
Oh also, kill bards if you can, they can drop instruments (so you are no longer constrained to pianos) and rarely the Stradivarius that makes so you get even more money
>>
>>15698342
Run your mods through paint and save them as .bmp. Go from most to least recently downloaded until the game works properly.
>>
>>15698176
Elona wiki has some information, but in general it shouldn't be too hard to figure out after 5-10 hours of occasional use.
>>
>>15698547
Can't kill a bard, he's much stronger. I'll just drop the pianist, not much fun getting killed by everyone and receiving pity change if you survive.
>>
>>15698614
Watch it, that pity change will soon turn into hundred or thousands of gold. If you get it over 30 you should be able to play almost anywhere without fear and get mad cash.
>>
>>15698663
I'll keep that in mind. Just don't find pianist appealing to play at all. I'm new to the game, what's a good starter race/class?
>>
>>15698683
snail tourist
>>
>>15698690
wow rude
>>
>>15698683
You'll need a stable money source either way, mind as well train your performance.
>>
>>15698342
Re-save the file in paint or Irfanview or such.
>>
How do i start making gold at the start of the game? drops barely sell for 1 and i can barely afford food with the salary chest
>>
>>15698938
Missions.
Go in Vernis, to the well and look slightly up and to the left, you should see a small billboard, walk into it.

Then select a hunting quest and let the little girl (because you picked the little girl, right?) punch shit into the stratosphere.

Any EXP she gets is EXP you don't get, this means you can keep your level low (at level 6 you get penalized for dying) and get some skills up and running (you can buy more via trainers using platinum coins though certain skills can only be bought at a Guild). By the time you reach level 6 the little girl should be still very much ahead of you in term of strenght (give her any ore or crystal or gold bar/fake gold bar you find to her, she will increase her potential) so that she can carry you while you figure things out at your own pace.
>>
File: TheHeck.png (684KB, 1022x793px) Image search: [Google]
TheHeck.png
684KB, 1022x793px
>>15698956
Ok thanks!

now i ran into another problem, what the hell is this??
>>
>>15698973
Is that a Moon Gate? I couldn't figure out how to interact with it.
>>
>>15698988
>>15698973
It brings you to another player's house. Usually a super endgame Japanese player's house, with level 1000 pets and godly equipment scattered all over the place.
>>
>>15699007
I already clicked cancel because i am paranoid as fuck and didnt wanted to end up in a hell dungeon or something

how much i screwed up there

What happens if i click invesmtent in the inn? i get some profits or something?
>>
>>15699019
Yes, invest all your money at inns for an easy profit
>>
>>15699051
Do you get profit from investments? I thought it just expanded the shop's inventory?
>>
>>15699019
Investing is pretty much just "give your money to the shop to make them carry better shit in the future"

You don't make money from it but heavily-invested shops will start selling valuable/rare items more frequently.
>>
>>15698354
Isn't it possible to train it via incognito or via trainers visiting ny house?
I'm not into pissing off all guards and having to sitting in Derphy for god knows how long.
>>
>>15698444
>her
>>
>>15699180
I think in the newer Elona+ versions guild leaders see right through disguise, check the wiki

>>15699186
It's a feminine dick
>>
>>15699180
Visiting trainers only train your stat potentials.
Incognito will work for the thieves guild, but not on the guildmaster. Keep a rod of teleportation handy for if he gets too close.
The fighter's guildmaster can't be teleported, but you can teleport away, so it's also not bad.
The mage's guildmaster can oneshot you through mist of silence with a single spell, so he's the most painful to deal with.
>>
File: 1463948593522.jpg (55KB, 478x640px) Image search: [Google]
1463948593522.jpg
55KB, 478x640px
>>15699202
relevant pic

>>15699180
if you have lots of $$$ you can pay the Sister in the Noyel church to bring your karma up above -30 again, although the price is based off of your level and fame and it's pretty expensive.

You could also use incognito to sneak into the thieves guild but to talk to the trainer there, but it doesn't fool unique NPCs like the guildmaster.

If you ARE going to join the thieves guild properly, you should probably nuke palmia at the same time for that other quest.
>>
So, forgive me if this is a stupid question. I accidentally deleted one of my compost bins on my farm while playing around with design mode. Is there a way to get it back?
>>
>>15699229
you should be able to copy one of them and place it
>>
>>15699234
I have tried right clicking to copy, but it just copies the terrain underneath the bin instead of the bin itself. Am I missing something?
>>
>>15699229
You have basically 2 options:
-buy a new farm

-use a debug command to reset the farm to its default state
to do this you stand over it on the world map and press backspace+enter, but beware that everything that's actually on the farm will be lost forever unless you pick it up and move it elsewhere first
>>
>the first time I ever got a wish I fucked up and accidentally skipped over it
I will never forge.
>>
>>15699272
Darn. Well, if I can't simply replace the bin, I will accept that I must reset the entire farm. Guess that's what I'll be doing after this crop finishes growing. This is what I get for finally checking out the design mode, heh.
>>
i can never complete the crops quests, the dam bats keep interrupting
>>
>>15699329
My little girl just kills everything around me.

Try putting her into "intercept" mode
>>
File: Tower_Bridge.jpg (425KB, 658x519px) Image search: [Google]
Tower_Bridge.jpg
425KB, 658x519px
Judo is lame. Wrassling build when?
>>
What are the lightest materials I can get out of inferior material scrolls for my bed and barbecue set?
>>
>>15699530
cloth and silk i think
>>
>>15699019
>I already clicked cancel because i am paranoid as fuck and didnt wanted to end up in a hell dungeon or something
Just bring a tight rope just in case, you're under 6 level, so death won't do anything to you.
>>
Thanks, so far I've only gotten stuff like rawwork and various heavy metals. Looks like I need to keep rolling.
>>
>>15699544
Whoops, wanted to reply to >>15699533
>>
>>15699214
Guess I will just use incognite and rush to the trainer soon. The Big Daddy is pissed of at me anyway.
Other news, at last I started making putitoro, I can sell it for over 5k in shop.
Started a rabbit ranch.
Started growing some herbs, but I don't have many seeds, so it's slow.
At last I'm not being stoned by everybody for trying to perform, problem is I cannot find low-level Party Time! jobs.
>>
>>15699204
>The mage's guildmaster can oneshot you through mist of silence with a single spell, so he's the most painful to deal with.
You cannot use rods when he silences you?
>>
>>15699339
onslaught mode is what you want man

>>15699327
if you have high enough gardening skill your crops pretty much never "finish growing", except when they roll the one-in-20 chance to randomly wither

but other than that you can get a 100% chance for the crops to regrow after picking. it's not a great idea to use rare seeds like herb seeds before you get to that point

for herbs you want 30 gardening, or 20 if you only ever plant/harvest while it's raining

artifact seeds want 40 (or 20 when raining), but they never regrow

the other seeds have lower requirements, but they're also less important/rare
>>
>>15699596
I put her in intercept so that she doesn't leave me there at the mercy of nearby enemies while she's busy slaughtering everyone.

I mean, i'm happy that you're going after that grizzly but if i'm getting gangbanged by 5 other things then it's not ok.
>>
>>15699585
I meant I silenced him, but he can still cast through it if you're unlucky.
All 3 guild leaders could probably oneshot me, but the fighter/thieves leaders have to get into melee range. The mage doesn't have that restriction, so I had to lure him to a corner, teleport myself around and hope to find the skill trainer before he showed up.

So breaking in to the other two guilds wasn't an issue, but it's a pain for the mages guild, so you're better off just joining outright. Plus you get the bookwriter NPC, who always comes in handy.
>>
File: yawara_.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
yawara_.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15699510
judo>wressling don't be ridiculous
>>
File: MUSCLE DOCKING.jpg (541KB, 1280x931px) Image search: [Google]
MUSCLE DOCKING.jpg
541KB, 1280x931px
>>15699671
Judo is for little girls. Wrassling is for manly men.
>>
>>15699596
I have 200 gardening and I still have herb seeds fail to regrow and wither like crazy. Do I have the opposite of a green thumb?
>>
>>15699739
oh yeah, there is actually another random chance for things to fail to regrow if you don't have the <scissors of kumiromi> from lost irva

but that chance isn't based on skill at all, just the difficulty level of the plant
>>
File: 1470643714171.gif (1MB, 320x265px) Image search: [Google]
1470643714171.gif
1MB, 320x265px
>>15699724
Pants Wrestling is the best wrestling.
>>
Anyone know the max number of hits for ranged attacks? I found a Gemini which gives a ton of +extra ranged attack but i've only seen my pet get 2 shots.
>>
>>15699578
Party time quests become a whole lot easier once you get ensemble. So create a band with like little girl on vocals, you on lute, and T Rex on Piano or something.
>>
>>15699903
Don't they need performing skill, too?
>>
>>15699954
gene engineer some yerles machine infantry from the slave market
>>
>>15699954
It's not that hard to gene engineer.
>>
>>15699954
It certainly works better if they have it. Better get to gene engineering the skill into them. Try the slave trader in Derphy first to see if you can fuse someone with the skill into your band mate.
>>
>>15699964
>>15699968
>>15699969
Okay, got it, but won't I be stoned for pets' performance?
And how the hell machine soldier knows about music?
>>
>>15700012
Beats me. Putit have the skill too and slimes can sense quality
>>
>>15700012
No, pets' skill is just added to yours.
>>
>>15700042
Good to know, thanks.
>>
>>15700012
Oh if you guys don't perform well there's always a chance you'll get stoned. Elona has some of the harshest critics around and it's a social responsibility to stone bards if you don't like them. You've even taken part in this custom. You probably have killed bards and given no thought about it except for hoping he drops his Stradivarius or at least some gold.

What enemble does is through the power of friendship and cooperation you boost your overall performance. It's much easier to impress people at party time if you have some helpers boosting your performance.
>>
So when will you guys update the character sprite-sheets? Not that I have anything against monster girls or anything but still.
>>
Currently my first character is a Catsister race with a claymore class, using Hand to hand to fight. i am getting one hit killed by magic or spear stabs once they hit me. is there any way to fix this or i just pump points on my evasion skills?
>>
>>15700336
Pick race with more than 30 life.
>>
>>15700336
First of all Claymore isn't really the best class for a Martial Artist. Try Predator or Warrior instead. Secondly see >>15696815
>>
>>15700336
Evasion won't save you from magic. You need magic resist if what is killing you is pure mage or whatever resist the particular element of the spell is that is killing you. Evasion can help if you're getting stabbed by enemies with spears but you should also get some armor with PV considering you can't dodge everything 100% of the time. Might as well mitigate some of that damage if you get hit.
>>
>>15700359
>pure mage
*pure magic
>>
>>15700336
Try to find a high level adventurer with great equips you can trade for. For example, at level 4 I traded for a 40 PV plate mail that cost me a few potions of corruption (which you can get easily from the casino), and combined with static small medals to get the shield tonfa, I was immune to all early-game melee attacks.
The bonus of a catsister is their speed--so you can stay out of range and plink at enemies with a bow. Not exactly great for close combat.
As for magic, that's going to be a pain in your side all game long. Theres not much you can do besides get a bigger health pool, like >>15700352 says.
>>
>>15700336
Catsister race is going to screw you in the long run. There's a mechanic called INI which is generated on character creation and never changes based on your starting speed and total attributes. Your INI determines how much AP you get from enemies later in the game, and AP is used to various very important things. Long story short, if your starting speed is too high, it's going to make it extremely hard to get AP later in the game to raise your speed further.
>>
File: 1470285012116.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470285012116.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
My little girl just took a big sip. What do I even wish for? Already got boots with good travel bonus. Can I wish for a palace?
>>
>>15700410
Wish to bring Krillin back to life.
>>
>>15700012
Turns out little girls and younger sister have performers skill, at about 11 now, while I have 23, bonus should be nice.
>>
>>15700410
You can wish for this thing, since you won't get any other way to get it.
Also: "miromi" for additional perks, or "secretchar" IIRC if you read the insane book.
>>
>>15700426
What exactly does that do?
>>
>>15700437
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Shift_cores
>>
Fire-fox brother or Nine-tailed fox brother?

Is Megid Flame worth 10 less life? Does it do damage? Is the element scar resistible?
>>
>>15700444
Megid Flame wipes all buffs from your enemies, so I guess that depends on enemy. I'd take it simply because it's unique.
>>
>>15700441
I'm a little confused. It's a buff you can use when your gauge is full? Is the item consumed?
>>
>>15700551
No, the item just gets put on 1h cooldown. Yes, it consumes 100% gauge, instead changing your looks, adding some buffs and allowing to reach 200% gauge.
>>
>>15700426
What have you named your pet's shifts?

>>15700559
How did you get to your pet in time to use the core? Do they automatically use it when the item is in their inventory & at 100% gauge?
>>
>>15700610
My pets don't really *need* shift cores, they're good on their own.

You can choose the direction of shift action. I haven't checked, but I really doubt they'd use it on their own.
>>
>>15700644
Tbh if I ever find time for Elona, I'm definitely going to use them for fluff/combat flavor purposes. Already thinking of modifying the white bear sprite to give it six arms and make it into a working pcc. Not sure how to do that, but we'll see.
>>
Be able to form your own band and in your spare time save the world from monsters as sentai rangers. This game just keeps getting better and better.
>>
>>15700664
>sentai rangers
Or it could be Super Saiyan-esque, where the companions are hiding their true powerlevel because just their passive auras while holding back everything are enough to level cities. That shit would be boss af.
>>
Alright i changed from Catsister+Claymore to Asura+Predator

Is the lack of armor at all gonna screw me over later? i followed the martial arts guide and got the necessary skills

any difference if i use 4 claws,tonfas or 4 hands?
>>
>>15700812
>Is the lack of armor at all gonna screw me over later?
Big time. Know what you should do? Go Mutant, you start out a bit worse but you get a new random slot every 3 levels. If you savescum, you can go for a bunch of hands for massive damage while still growing necessary body parts.
>>
>>15700812
>>15700835
You don't need hand slots at all when you're going martial arts. Tonfas and claws are crutches that you won't need once you approach end game. I agree going mutant, but reset your limbs at Icolle once you reach level 9 before you regret the speed penalty for growing too many limbs or the life penalty for resetting limbs at Icolle and then regaining limbs at Gavela.
>>
>>15700885
Hands don't affect MA damage at all?
>>
>>15700983
A bit, but on very high MA skill you'll get more strikes per turn without any equipment on your hands.
>>
Where do I get coffins easy?
>>
>>15700441
>make your own Super mode
Goddamn this game has everything I want except the soul crushing grind.
>>
is there any reason why all debug classes are proficient at martial arts?
>>
>>15701124
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwBKjK7Xik0
>>
Sorry to whoever is maintaining the pastebins.

Had to update the martial artist guide since I was wrong about some of the starting skills. Turns out all characters begin with the armor skills and evasion. Some classes do list armor skills and evasion as starting skills such as the warrior however what that means is that they actually start with more points in those skills than others.

Also had to verify SP numbers on special actions because in game numbers don't seem to match the wiki. Also added that Fron is a bit of a random spawn.

Anyhow, this is the new updated martial arts guide. Let me know if anyone has questions or comments. I'll add and edit the document as needed.

http://pastebin.com/beWFdJgY
>>
After poking abit and reading each of the debug races on the wiki its something like this on level on broken?

Top 5 most broken from worst to best

Undead god/Machine God->God->Dog God/Cat God?
>>
>>15701160
Gods are broken by design, they're supposed to wreck your shit.

Cat\doggods cap their speed early, so on higher levels their advantage gets tanked. You're about right on your tiering tho, since god, doggods and catgods get eye of mind, but others don't.
>>
>>15701160
Starting out? Yeah, that 400 speed is gonna help a bunch. I don't think you'd be able to get AP form anything but bosses later on though.
>>
>>15701037
Steal from Palmia, and the Pyramid and Crypt(?) have them just laying around.
>>
>>15701160
I have mixed feelings about the debug races. At first glance, a bunch of the debug races are vastly underpowered compared to the normal races however there's a couple that do seem powerful initially like the ones listed. Looking at them again most of them have drawbacks that range from mild to severe.

The catgod and doggod attribute bonuses look great and their speed is awesome. Pretty cool and all but all that speed at character creation will warp the INI score making AP generation harder later in the game. The lack of slots early in the game might make playing as them a bit harder. Admittedly, you can fix the slot problem once you get to South Tyris but before that, I wonder how well these characters fare against the hounds and their various element breaths and other magic using enemies. Also, as you add limbs, aren't you decreasing life? If you add a ton of of limbs you actually might fall quite behind the life of other races.

The God race is the worse when it comes to slots. Only two hands, shoot, and ammo. Again, great attribute bonuses and the fact that it has a ton of skills learned right off the bat is awesome. However again, they pay a price for that power. All the limbs you might want to add will deduct from your life and that good starting life and speed will affect your INI score. I think in the comment section someone says if you want to get the standard 13 slot the god race will have its life reduced somewhere between 80 and 90. Machinegod and Undeadgod have similar problems but aren't as severe it looks like.

At any rate, the lesson to be learned here is that power comes with a price. You may gain somewhere but you're going to lose elsewhere. For this reason my feelings on those races range from pity to, "well if you make it far enough in the game to actually patch up some of their holes you kinda deserved some of those perks they have at least." I just can't imagine it's all rainbows and sunshine playing as a debug race and I certainly wouldn't recommend a person new at Elona to play as one. Simply because the experience of playing as a debug race brings with it problems that a new player really shouldn't have to worry about. He already has enough problems as is navigating the game and learning how to survive.
>>
>>15701014
Yes but is your number of strikes per turn based on number of hands? Or does a 27-handed mutant get the same 8 unarmed strikes as a 0-handed bat?
>>
>>15701272
Same.
>>
>>15701272
I've seen someone's pet that has no hands get multiple unarmed attacks I think. They come out as gaze attacks.

Whether or not a mutant can surpass 8 attacks because multiple hands I'm not sure of though. Since there isn't a high level mutant martial artist reporting there's a lot of questions circulating around. Conceptually they should be able to pass 8 if you have more than 8 hands but whether or not that is the case I have no idea. Even without becoming a multi armed mutant a mutant that has no hands and just has equipment slots is very powerful. You can get mutli attacks without hands so it's possible to spec all armor slots for lots of resists, PV/DV, or whatever enchants you fancy.
>>
File: bulletproof.png (398KB, 799x597px) Image search: [Google]
bulletproof.png
398KB, 799x597px
lmayo
>>
>>15701363
Not a bad piece of equipment. Although yeah for being bulletproof why is the PV so low. Maybe you can change its material to something else if you actually plan on keeping the thing.
>>
>>15701382
>why is the PV so low
>it is made of silk
>>
>>15701382
>>15701384
I was just surprised by 5 light niggerish color attributes. Haven't seen so many together.
>>
>>15701384
Wait until he finds bulletproof jacket <absolutely invincible> made out of paper.
>>
>>15701443
Better yet, of raw.
candy bulletproof jacket {The Invincible} [-7, -4]
>>
lets talk about shena ass

HOW THE HELL EVERYONE KNOWS SHENA
>>
>>15701480
The only thing she had going for her was those sweet panties, and she gave them away to some random noble, the slut.
>>
>>15701480
Either she really does have an amazing butt absolutely worth fantasizing over or she is just a huge slut.
>>
>>15701513
The noble paid for a thief to steal them.
>>
>>15701576
Nice try, SDF. Precious items can't be stolen.
>>
>>15701596
Maybe it wasn't precious until the noble wanted it. He coveted it so much that to him, it was the most precious thing in the world. Deep game.
>>
>>15701677
>The warp is overtaking Elona
>>
>>15701480
Can probably double as a table to eat my breakfast on since it's so big.
>>
>>15701160
debug races are cheating so might as well have wizard mode and 20x exp on as well.
>>
File: cNwCgr7.jpg (214KB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
cNwCgr7.jpg
214KB, 840x525px
>>15701480
Shena seems to not care that someone has lost control of their bike outside of the bar. Which one of you was going too fast?
>>
>>15701755
Better question is what Shena thinks about how every single person in town including little girls fetishize her ass and her panties are literally a precious mystical object?
>>
>Jure's heal not only gets through confusion but also removes it
This is perfect. I want to make Jure my wife now.
>>
File: 1455590254708.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1455590254708.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>15683289
Dear Diary

Today I finally got enough potential potions to escape my miserable existence of being a third rate adventurer. Fate had other plans for me though. While on a hunting quest a hound destroyed all my potions. Stray Queen Wagvis is going to laugh at my folly with her annoying oh ho ho laugh. Looks like I won't be beating her in fame anytime soon. Next time fire blankets! Blankets everyday all day!
>>
>>15700559
So when wishing for one can you wish for a specific type of core such as "omega shift core" or only "shift core" and hope you get the one you want?

>>15697189
>>15701755
Dumb question, but is there an album of art like this anywhere? I feel like I've seen more in these threads before. Are they by the same artist?
>>
>>15702068
>Dumb question, but is there an album of art like this anywhere? I feel like I've seen more in these threads before. Are they by the same artist?

I'm having a horrible case of deja vu because I could of sworn someone asked your question almost word by word exact. Anyhow, yes, they're all by the same artist but the sad news is that I heard the artist died awhile back. His artwork can be found on various sites like pixiv however here's a site with 8 pages of them gathered in one place.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts?page=1&tags=harusame_%28rueken%29
>>
>>15702117
Sorry, didn't know the question had been asked recently.

Either way thank you very much for the link, though it's a shame to hear the artist passed away.
>>
Is it doable to start clearing dungeons from lvl 1? Really don't like doing harvest quests and escort missions.
>>
>>15702350
Give it a shot. It's a whole lot more dangerous than job board stuff though.
>>
tfw you sleep at night but still miss breakfast
>>
I finally got a living weapon (and then another one right after). Given the importance of resists in the later game, is it too crazy of an idea to level them up in order to stack resists on them? If not, should I do that before reaching South Tyris, or should I wait until after I can manually add resists to my items?
>>
>>15701351
You forgot the most important benefit of the 0-hands mutant: you get to gaze things to death instead of punching them! (Well, hopefully that works.)
>>
>>15702446
Resist sticks are great. Very useful anytime in the game as it either lets you cover resist holes or lets you go beyond superb+++++ to get certain immunities such as dim immune and insanity immune. To get the most of your resist stick you'll want to hold off until you can do artifact fusion. You do artifact fusion first then level up the weapon so you can maximize the amount of stuff you put on it. If you're really hurting for resists you can level them up now though.

Should probably mention that you can manufacture your own living weapons through carpentry or tailoring. Creating living lightsabers is popular. It may take awhile and you'll go through several stacks of lightsabers but it's possible to get living weapons from them. Can also make living panties as disturbing as that sounds. If you make them as resist sticks you can equip them either in your hand slots or shoot slot.
>>
>>15702426
Try going to sleep at 9 PM in the game.
>>
>>15701711
>implying warp has got anything to the world of Elona
>>
>>15701924
I have PTSD from getting valuable stuff destroyed early game so I pick up every cold/fireproof blanket I come across. I think I have 5 of each sitting in my inventory right now and I still don't feel safe.
>>
What exactly determines how much damage pets do with spells? They don't have spell levels, right?
>>
>>15702507
He should try going to sleep at 9 pm in real life; quality of life would probably really improve with a good night's rest.
>>
File: error.png (8KB, 1022x718px) Image search: [Google]
error.png
8KB, 1022x718px
any idea what is this? it was working perfectly fine yesterday
>>
>>15704266
I hope you backed up your save.

Are you running compatibility mode?
>>
>>15704301
Nope, now put it to windows 7 comp and it runs smoothly

thanks
>>
>>15704427
Back up that save.
>>
It is normal to die a shiton in a roguelike? i am not supposed to just rush into things and kill them right?

the only roguelike i played was diablo 1
>>
>>15704545
No, you're not. You'll just rush into things you won't be able to defeat yet.
>>
>>15704545
Most roguelikes death is permanent. The fun comes from being prepared.

Elona doesn't have permadeath but dying carries heavy penalties so rushing into shit doesn't get you far.
>>
>>15704545
>the only roguelike i played was diablo 1
you never played dark souls, or chess? both of those are roguelikes too i think
>>
>>15704763
Chess whut? Dark Souls and Diablo are roguelike-likes, and so is Elona technically.
>>
We need a new thread.
>>
How do i get more casino chips?
>>
>>15704994
You can get them from gathering spots in dungeons. Not sure if that's the only way, but it is the only one I've found
>>
>>15703589
Casting skill.
>>
>>15703589
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Spells_(Elona%2B)/Technical

>For the PC, spellpower for all spells is calculated thusly: SpellLevel*10 + 50. For other NPCs, including pets, spellpower is calculated by: Casting * 6 + 10.
>>
So does Elona have the best feeling of progression in any game in existence?
>>
>>15704638
Elona does have permadeath if you choose Inferno Mode as your difficulty. If you play Advancing mode, normal difficulty, there isn't permadeath death but there are penalties to dying. The other difficulty modes offer other things that make the game hard as well.

>>15704545
You'll die a lot as you learn the game. Roguelikes are known for this. Eventually you'll get good and you'll stop dying and there is a sense of accomplishment for overcoming the things that used to kill you.
>>
>>15705187
I think that's why i'm so addicted.
>>
>>15705189
Except Overdose mode. That mode is less grind mode but every time I play it I keep going back to advancing because I feel like I'm cheating in overdose. Also I want my character to have kids some day and I don't think overdose allows for inheritance.
>>
File: 1433037595521.jpg (11KB, 392x243px) Image search: [Google]
1433037595521.jpg
11KB, 392x243px
Where can I get more atmosphere sprites?
>>
>>15704870
Thread still has some life in her. People seem to wait until this thread gets archived before starting a new thread. Usually happens when we reach page 10 but depending on the mod/jan, can be archived sooner if bump limit is reached. More often it's archived at 10 pages it seems.
>>
>>15705189
I might've been interested in No Future if it didn't have the inventory restriction. I'm constantly hitting the limit at 200. Gotta keep quest items like gems and bars, rare potions, and certain scrolls and wands on hand at all times right? Can't forget +resistance gear for dungeon delving, +performance gear for Party Times...
>>
>>15705253
Check the mod pastebin.
>>
>>15686138
Do you have command flag? Maybe you need 20 charisma?
>>
>>15705293
I got it to base 10 and got a level, now it werks
>>
I tried to replace the NPC portrait but it keeps crashing even what do I do?
>>
>>15705324
You can add up to 9 custom portraits in BMP format under the names Face1.bmp to Face9.bmp in your elona\user\graphic\ file. The images need to be 80x112 pixels.
>>
File: Nuke.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nuke.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
Is this feasible?

" When you wake up in the cave at the beginning of the cave, you'll see Larnneire and Lomias, two Elea who helped you out at the shipwreck. They'll stick around until you kick them out or first enter Vernis, the town closes to your new home. If you get 12,000 gold without entering Vernis once, you can buy the dangerous bomb (read: nuke) from the Noel, the bomber in the pub at Derphy. Pick it up, and bring it back to your house. (If you can't carry it, just pick it up and hold 5 on the number pad until its weight crushes you, killing you. You might drop the bomb when you die, but it's not likely) Then, when you get back home, use the bomb. Ten turns later, you'll have nuked your own house and killed the two people who helped you out at the shipwreck. But hey, they'll drop the Bow of Vinderre and Ether Dagger, the second best longbow in the game, and one of the best shortswords in the game (Ether Dagger vs. Lucky Dagger. Also, daggers are "shortswords" in Elona)"
>>
>>15705359
No, they can survive the nuke now.
>>
File: face2_B.png (81KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
face2_B.png
81KB, 300x500px
Where can I get more sprites like this?
I checked the pastebin, but I can figure it out
>>
>>15705378
I don't think you can get them anywhere yet.
>>
So it turns out all the mods give me a error1 after character creation is there a way around this?
>>
>>15705391
Did you set your compatibility mode?
>>
>>15705400
I didn't think I needed to
>>
>>15705400
Thank you mate hours wasted on something so simple
>>
>>15705253
If you like autistic atmosphere you can use mine.

https://a.pomf.cat/kcjuoo.bmp
>>
>>15705390
Well, I guess I can draw one.
>>
how many cattle you can have on ranch? Do I get cattle faster the more of them are?
>>
>>15705560
Should i use my skill points or just hoard them for lategame?
>>
>>15705672
Also two other questions:
Do salary boxes share inventories? I.e. if i put one at my ranch will i be able to access the same stuff in the salary box at my house?

What stuff is given by eating raw equipment? I know that Mantain Attribute stuff accelerates growth and Increase Attribute train them but stuff like "Makes you a better Gene Engineer" or "Give Resistance to fire" does train/give the associated characteristic (respectively: train gene engineer and increase fire resist)
>>
>>15705560
One per ranch only.

>>15705672
Depends on you.

>>15705701
Yes.
Attributes and their potential only.
>>
>>15705672
Doesn't matter either way. Use when you want. I personally use them as soon as I get them because I could use the skill up now to make the game easier for me in the present.
>>
How do u make random characters in dungeons allies?
>>
>>15705672
The potential increase is probably more important than the xp they give, so as long as your desired skill is under 400% using them sooner is better

Unless your eventual goal is to turbogrind to 2000 i guess. Apparently there are some skills like tactics that you can only really raise with skill points after they're above 1000ish

You can get a similar effect to skill points by spending platinum at a trainer, so they're not a finite resource and using them "wrong" isn't the end of the world. Although I pity anyone who tries to get 1000 levels of tactics just by grinding for platinum.

>>15705722
Use a monster ball or a rod or spell of domination.
>>
>>15705712
>Attributes and their potential only.
Can i change a artifact's material with a scroll or do i need a material kit?
>>
>>15705712
>One per ranch only.
I don't mean breeders, but actual cattle/animals/little girls.
>>
>>15705766
You can't change a <Special> artifacts, only reroll random attributes.
You can change a {Godly} artifact, but only with material kit.
You can change a <Miracle> artifact with scrolls and material kit.

>>15705769
I wasn't keeping count, but you can have at least a dozen units of cattle. I haven't noticed a noticeable speed-up with increasing quantity.
>>
>>15705778
>I wasn't keeping count, but you can have at least a dozen units of cattle. I haven't noticed a noticeable speed-up with increasing quantity.
Thanks.
>>
Why fascination dance feat gives 0 points when I'm using it during party time quest?
A bug perhaps?
>>
Don't you think ranged weapon got less damage compared to melee? Two hand, dual wield got bonuses from respective skills, martial arts got potential in huge damage dices but ranged doesn't have anything like that.
>>
>>15706152
It has marksman going for it, but yeah, later on damage falls off.
>>
>>15706152
Damage can spike if you use special ammo. You can always carry around a lot of bullets/arrows and just equip another one you run out of special ammo. Then refill them once you're in town. Would be interesting to see someone with lots of time stop bullets.

Can't say much about bows but the guns have a lot of static artifacts. Some of them have impressive dice.
>>
>>15706169
>one
*once
>>
Somehow I missed a Kill Kill Piano AND some precious tonfa in a single party time quest. I want to die.
>>
>>15706169
Right I forgot about timestop. This is completely overpowered thing to be able to switch it on every time you want.
That would be even better if elona would have some heavy lewd content where you could use it too.
>>
Is it too crazy of an idea to try to breed hungry demons so that I can starve myself on demand? I'm also thinking about zapping summon creature until I get a mass monster, and then sandbag it so that I can kill the splitted creatures for their heavy corpses. Do sandbagged monsters split?
>>
>>15705846
IIRC, that was intended. It's supposed to be low-risk, low-reward compared to solo performance and ensemble. Tbh I feel like solo-performance needs a buff to be competitive with the other two.
>>
>>15706310
What do you mean low reward lol? It gives 0 reward.
>>
>>15705846
Guess it's not that kind of party. They don't want belly dancers, strippers, or pole dancers. They want DJs, musicians, and drug pushers. You're not fooling me Elona that love potions aren't some insidious drug. That and crimberry ale and possibly the actual drug crim flows at these parties. Would explain why people act crazy at these parties.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Crimberry_Addict
>>
>>15706354
Low reward in that you can dance for NPCs outside of that area and get money easily without spending much stamina or risking rocks & shit.
>>
>>15706449
What are "Stone materials" for? I got them while digging but they weight a lot.
>>
Elona+ 1.61.

http://www1.axfc.net/u/3706136.zip

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:23092
>>
>>15706495
Pot Of Fusion, probably.
>>
File: rpIoQeX.jpg (89KB, 1261x943px) Image search: [Google]
rpIoQeX.jpg
89KB, 1261x943px
>Use the Necromantis, select the type of fusion desired, expend 25% gauge, and the undead gets summoned.
>Undead that were subject to fusion will become coffins with 1 hour cooldown.
The various Necro Force powers will have an effect, but the [fused undead] cannot be put into a coffin.
>Fused undead cannot leave the map they are created in, so it's a good idea to use them only when fighting a strong enemy.
>Undeadgod race NPCs have high attributes and have no weakness to fire so they should prove useful. Remember that they don't have the usual resistance bonuses that undead have though.

>unitdead-king

Undeadgod. Unaffected by equipment attribute that deals massive damage to gods. Rotten corpse. Super Regene on low health. Uses Shadow Step, Squeeze, Boost.

>unitdead-queen
Undeadgod. Unaffected by equipment attribute that deals massive damage to gods. Rotten corpse. Super Regene on low health. Psychic Wave, Gravity Sphere.

>unitdead-jack
Undeadgod. Unaffected by equipment attribute that deals massive damage to gods. MP Breath on low health. Nether Breath, Voracity Fang, Draw Shadow, Swarm, Megid Flame.

>unitdead-joker
Undeadgod. Unaffected by equipment attribute that deals massive damage to gods. Rotten corpse. Cure of Jua on low health. Provoke, Short Teleport, Alchemical Rain, Ice Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Slow. Over-Ray when guage is sufficient. (When NPCs use Alchemical Rain, it will only make targets wet, but they will remain wet for longer.)

>>15706499
I wonder if this will get me back into Elona...
>>
> Added 2 new 'W'ide special actions obtainable from the Gentle Face feat.
> Added 1 new 'W'ide special action obtainable from the Magic Eye feat.
That's why I aim to get all the traits.
>>
>>15706499
b-jerky
Part two of eating legendary monsters is the jerky of the Byakhee!
Dropped occassionally by the king in yellow. Gives speed experience when eaten. Will not cause insanity.
What's great about this is that unlike raw shoes, you can feed them to your pets.
Part three will be roast Shantaks.

>What's great about this is that unlike raw shoes, you can feed them to your pets.

lmao
>>
>>15706555
>That's why I aim to get all the traits.
Soon new players will be saying, "What was it like when the feats used to only add stats? Were they useless? Why would anyone take them?"
>>
So is playing a Thief character actually fun?
>>
>>15706583
I still take stat feats when starting new. Faith is especially useful for fast god pet.
>>
>>15706618
Playing a dumbass thief that steals everything in broad daylight with everyone looking and is way overconfident in their sneaky backstabs will probably get you killed and despised by the community so bad that nobody will buy or sell to you. Playing a smart thief can lead to fun times though.
>>
>>15706307
I don't know about the latter but the former works.
>>
File: 36471851_p0_master1200.jpg (113KB, 832x846px) Image search: [Google]
36471851_p0_master1200.jpg
113KB, 832x846px
Look Lomias. They created a new special action just for you.

>Smile Field

>Gained during level up if Gentle Face feat has been acquired and Will is 40 or above.

>Uses Space Retention on the user, and all targets in sight will get buffed with Concentration.

>Strength of buffs will depend on the number of targets and the user's Will.

>If there are no enemies around that use physical attacks then it may be worth using it even if enemies are in sight.

>It makes enemies proc criticals more often so it works well in combination with Emergency Evasion.

Why would someone want this unless they want to die? If I'm reading this correctly, all targets includes enemies? So the enemies are getting buffed and they crit more?
>>
>>15706766
Sounds like something you would want to do before a battle instead of in the heat of it.
>>
File: 8745.jpg (70KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
8745.jpg
70KB, 250x350px
Oh ho ho ho. Smile Field is the perfect special action to show those rabble how much better you are than them by giving yourself a handicap. Oh ho ho ho.
>>
File: 1466565354106.jpg (101KB, 850x531px) Image search: [Google]
1466565354106.jpg
101KB, 850x531px
>continuously killing and resurrecting bard to gain karma
>think nothing of it
>"Nicolard the Bard has become <Soul Mate>!"
>immediately feel awful
>all of those heartfelt "Thanks!" were genuine
>even though they were all followed by a magic missile to the face
I'm so sorry, Nicolard....
>>
>>15706766
same idea as that 30 marksman "rampage" action that doubles all damage dealt+taken for your whole party

no clue what that one's useful for either
>>
>>15707013
You also do double damage as well. Combined with other buffs you can possibly blow through super regen or a heal spammer. So if you want to end a fight pretty fast rampage can do the trick. It's generally safe to use if you're much faster than your opponent or if you have enough HP to shrug off the damage and a powerful enough heal to heal through the damage.
>>
>>15707013
Believe me. You should be very afraid when monsters buff themselves with rampage. I'm glad they take more damage but they certainly can make your HP disappear in seconds due to how strong they become.
>>
Why doesn't Shena just wipe out the thieves in the thieves' hideout quest by herself? She's more than capable.
>>
>>15707160
She has a party to go to.
>>
>>15707161
What a fucking slut.
>>
>>15707168
Hey, her ass is a national treasure that must not be harmed. You should be honored to fight for it. I mean her.
>>
>>15707168
Indeed
>>
>>15707160
that one noble paid a thief to steal her panties so she doesn't have her favorite weapon any more

alternate explanation: she is an expert of martial arts, focusing on kicking
but without her precious panty she can't fight in her skirt or she'll die of embarassment
>>
>>15707510
>lternate explanation: she is an expert of martial arts, focusing on kicking
Just checked the wiki, she's actually more of a warrior type of a character (hell her class is literally warrior in the original game) focusing on weapons and having warrior-like stats being high in physical combat and low in everything else (except charisma of course).
>>
http://ylvania.org/jp/elin
>>
>>15707544
Girl seems to be proficient, well at least more proficient than the main character at the start of the game, in a lot of things. Kinda surprised she has 25 in martial arts, 28 in polearm, 26 in throwing, and 29 in scythe. Who is this lady? Before becoming a bar wench was she some sort of adventurer? Hmm.
>>
>>15707584
I'm still confused over how she does all these things and somehow can make her own dang panties into a precious artifact that can break peoples minds. And also protect against either wind somehow.
>>
>>15707576
Game's graphics definitely appeal to me and I'm pleased we're actually getting something new from Noa instead of a repackaged vanilla Elona. A bit troubled though that the site says it's an RPG and says specifically it's not a roguelike. Not that I mind that it's an RPG but roguelikes are known for their features and things you can do in the game so I worry that there might not be as much freedom to do stuff in Elin. That's the problem when you introduce more complex graphics into a game though. Harder to mod and in general the world and what you can do in it is more limited.

I don't really expect much since the development seems to have just begun and it is early access after all later this year. Regardless, I'll keep an eye on it since it seems interesting. Thanks for sharing this.
>>
>>15707576
Ahh, I'm getting a Ragnarok Online feel from this video. It's interesting how he made this all using the Unity engine. Hope you don't mind that I added it to the pastebin (and Noa's relocated site) for future reference.
>>
>>15707584
>>15707673
Will it better than Elona is the real question.
>>
>>15707736
I'd try not to compare to be honest. One is closer to a Roguelike and another is an RPG. While it's too early to be worried about anything honestly since we barely know anything about the game RPGs have always struck me as being easy with most of the modern ones being way too easy. Part of the reason why I like Elona+ and I guess roguelikes in general is the challenge involved. But Elin is Elin. Elona is Elona is how I'm going to view it.
>>
>>15707736
When it lands on steam? Probably not. Game will be in development for only one year. Not really much content and most people who do intend to get into early access should know going in not to expect much. Give it a couple of years and then maybe you can form a better opinion.

It's really not a bad arrangement if you think about it. Play Elona+ until Elin stuff gets up to snuff. I just hope it doesn't ship wreck. Seriously, it's hard to be hype for much when you look at the current state of games. It's best just to go in without having expectations and to enjoy things as they come.
>>
>>15707736
I can almost guarantee you that some people will prefer Elona+ to Elin and then there will be others that prefer Elin to Elona+. Two boards will come out of this. One for Elona+ and one for Elin. This is how should be. Because like what the other anon said, Elin is a different animal compared to Elona+. Elona+ is a roguelike. Elin is an RPG.
>>
>>15707846
I'll probably play both honestly. If there will be two threads, one for elin and another for elona, all I ask is that they both be in /jp/. /vg/ is absolute dog shit.
>>
>>15707919
Agreed
>>
>>15707919
>>15707927
>>15707846
Yo before we do anything drastic, can we keep Elin discussion here until things really catch steam?
>>
>>15707576
I hope we will be able to have little girls as pets like in Elona.
>>
How good is twin edge? I found an amulet with ### tactics, and am wondering if that's better.
>>
>>15709278
The whole reason you'd seek out twin edge is for the extra melee attack chance. ### tactics isn't insignificant, especially for a new player, but you can train up skill levels over time, can't train extra attack chance.
>>
I want to enjoy the game, but it's very grindy. Does it go faster after you buy all the skills you need?
>>
>>15709759
There is plenty of grind if you want to be an "efficient" gamer or a power gamer.

You can play however you want and still get fun out of the game though. And if the skill grinding is really getting you down you can use Overdose mode. It boosts all the experience you get for skills.
>>
>>15709860
Don't feel like restarting. I've picked farmer class because people say it's hard to start as a wizard, so I'm saving money/seeds for spellbooks while leveling. I just want to zap all those bandits who bully me into teleporting away from them, and all wands are weak so far.
>>
>>15709907
>Don't feel like restarting
You could just fuck your pet to pass on your gene.
You need to have them at soulmate, you need to be sleepy, and y'all need to be married. You get to keep whatever is in your inventory.
>>
For those that haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PIOIcWzCKQ

Who is Macho(Risa)-san?
>>
What the fuck? How come the Assorted Custom PCC Pack doesn't work? When I tried to put it in PCCs all it did was fuck up the faces. I'm gonna assume the other Custom PCCs have this problem as well, right?
>>
Is it ok to eat many happy apples in a row without drinking potential potions? Does luck even have potential?
>>
>>15710003
Aw shit, there are more videos!
>>
>>15710215
It does, but happy apples always give +20, regardless of potential.
>>
>>15710215
Luck does have potential, and you'd do well by raising it before eating four-leafed clovers, but happy apples give flat +20, regardless of potential.
>>
File: unknownshell.png (29KB, 654x88px) Image search: [Google]
unknownshell.png
29KB, 654x88px
For someone who got 2 unknown shells in April.

I got my first 2 in May. Was doing a lot of farm quests during April tho.
>>
>>15710355
Also have to find that Feygis bitch now.
>>
Arg, can't find coffins and can't steal one in Palmia, even with 20 pickpocket. I just wanted to make some skeleton warriors before I hit the main story.
>>
>>15710783
Go to the piramid if you haven't.
Otherwise, go to the cementery.
>>
>>15710783
Go visit the graveyard, plenty of coffins and DD keys for necromancy.
>>
>>15710812
>>15710813
The cemetery coffins are already occupied by zombie cats which are completely useless.
>>
>>15710831
I think you have to make your own with a pot of fusion if you want anything better.
>>
File: untitled.png (281KB, 796x597px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
281KB, 796x597px
>>
>>15710918
I'd spiral that king.
>>
>>15710929
>king
>>
>>15710929
While he is blinded and paralyzed?
>>
>>15710918
>You reflected magic

With what?
>>
File: untitled.png (446KB, 797x599px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
446KB, 797x599px
>>15710972
Found a nice "it deals magic damage to the magic attacker" [####] feather.
Didn't know it reflect all the shit too.

>>15710943
Just bumped into picrelated.
>>
>>15710918
Is the 100% in between your HP & Mana bar your release gauge?
>>
>>15710163
Anyone?
>>
>>15711011
Yeap
>>
>>15710783
Find yourself a rod of teleport or something and zap all the NPCs away so you can work in peace.
>>
>>15710993
What's that UI you've got?
>>
>>15711510
I only remember that I didn't like the little girl ui's clock and hp bar perhaps so I edited it. Maybe something else not sure.

https://a.pomf.cat/kdpljw.bmp
>>
Is the third continent translated yet?
>>
Should I start a golem wizard? Is dim immunity still viable?
>>
>>15713304
Immunity to normal causes of dim is always useful so yeah it's still viable. Knock yourself out if you want to play a golem wizard although I think it's an odd choice. Mainly because golems don't really have a lot of MP and don't really get much on level up due to their low mana attribute.
>>
>>15713294
All of it? Hard to say. The third continent and its stuff isn't all done yet. Has there been translation efforts? Definitely.
>>
>>15710812
>>15711416
Looted the pyramid and got myself a few liches and skellies. Do the coffins in pyramid respawn by any chance?
Thread posts: 458
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.