[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elona Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 383
Thread images: 29

File: Capture.png (271KB, 581x369px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
271KB, 581x369px
Previous Elona Thread: >>15533508

[New to the game? Read First, Ask Later]

Pastebins:

>New Player Guide/FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/Zcavai8x

>Mods:
http://pastebin.com/vZ8Hfw6C
>>
>>15579324
That is one sexy ring.
>>
Elona+ Custom 1.60.1b

https://mega.nz/#!oJZ2GRKK!VNQO6uTPlQejQTfhvEzTLvaEAxf5_8Assp3R2Ap3pbI

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:22264

[Changes and additions]
* The 1.60 links have been updated to point to a new archive, which should contain all the new NPC/Item/Card files.
>>
How do you kill Zeome as a pure melee? He's wrecking my shit up in the void. Mostly because of his summons. I can manfight him but when he always summons ridiculous monsters that destroy me with spellcasting. So it turns into a kite Zeome away to kill monster. But then he heals all my damage because spellcaster gets it's gauge bar full and does more than half my hp so I have to heal myself instead of silencing Zeome.
>>
>>15580238
I beat him with me (martial arts) and my sword wielding pet girl. I didn't use any spells except maybe holy shield? I forget the name, but it gives you more DV/PV. Other than that, get your resists up.
>>
>>15580238
Get good pets to attack and distract summons
>>
What's a good level to first try the Void?
>>
>>15580238
Do you have Shining Wave? That should be sufficient to take down any line of summons. Make sure you pop Regeneration beforehand so you can regain your SP faster.
>>
>>15580333
Shining wave does 1.5k-2k damage and only 1.5 of a summons hp. My 150 stamina isn't enough to deal with multiple summons and a Zeome. It really pisses me off that despite being "silenced" for 15 turns he is able to heal and summon.
>>
>>15580300
Started doing the void with my Inferno character Kai at around level 35. The first 10 floors are equivalent to a level 50ish dungeon according to my journal at the time. What that means is to expect enemies in the void to be equivalent to dungeon bosses from a level 50ish dungeon. If you have no problems fighting dungeon bosses from level 50 or so dungeons you should in theory be alright for the first 10 floors of the void. I got my first 2000 AP on those first 10 floors.
>>
>>15580355
Thank fuck I did it. So what I needed to do lower him to where he will heal himself. was do a gauge release for 5k damage. Keep spamming silence. Hope Silence gets through 1/5 times. Attack once if silence works. Hope silence works 1/5 times. Do this until I have enough gauge bar for another massive attack. Dude that boss is frustrating AF I hope I never meet him in the void again.
>>
>>15580391
This is when I have 400-600 speed too. Seriously level 32 silence lasted for 2-3 turns while being resist so often.
>>
>>15580380
Does loot scale in the void? Or am I better off doing dungeons for them
>>
>>15580416
I think it does scale however if all you care about is loot doing dungeons is better because it's far easier. Void should mainly be used to get exp, raise skills/spell levels, and AP.
>>
>>15580391
Sounds like a have a bit of ways to go. I can definitely handle things higher than me but I'm not sure that high. Do you happen to remember what your relevant combat stats looked like?
>>
>>15580429
Pic is with buffs online. 109 MA and 114 Tactics

I just fought the level 45 boss, Xabi King of Palmia and didn't even lose 1/10 of my hp.
>>
File: Untitled.png (740KB, 812x542px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
740KB, 812x542px
>>15580483
Attribute is magic
>>
Do Unique NPC pets that are copied over with astral pens not increase their relationship level with you when you let them kill monsters?
>>
>>15580537
That shouldn't be the case. They should gain relationship points when allowed the killing blow on enemies. Do they get a heart sign above their head when they kill enemies? That indicates relationship gain usually. They might not get it on all enemy kills but should at least get it on some.
>>
>>15580502
Thanks. I really do have a long ways to go, geez.
>>
Where is the Codex in Lesimas? Is it at some random floor?
>>
>>15581496
It's at the very bottom.
>>
Anyone got tips on dealing with enemies gauge bar? <Arma> the tour guide just stomped my 3k hp with one gauge release attack. One hit me and almost overkilled me at -2k hp. Pressure is such an expensive skill. Would be manageable without the 50% mana cost.
>>
>>15581638
Use Disturbance, cast Contingency to tank the release, or just wait until you have even more hp.
>>
>>15581674
Oh, damn didn't even see Disturbance. Yeah I think will tackle her again later when I get beefier stats. Juggling between Disturbance and Pressure might let me live long enough to kill her though. thought its still a DPS race. Maybe I need to stockpile a bunch of mana rods+scrolls.
>>
>>15581750
To whomever it was a few thread ago that was interested. I'm getting ~13% proc rate with the drake rod at 110 MA. Tested in groups of 100 hits. 8 Sets with tonfa + claw and 8 sets with empty hands. Empty hands procced twice in an attack only once. While tonfa+claw never procced twice, same as last time. I think the last numbers was 70MA and ~7%?
>>
Monstergirl Spritesheet updated for Elona+ 1.60
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4t7f91dir032fen/character.bmp?dl=1

rlg's Superior Item Pack updated for Elona+ 1.60
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ympyschajsel3f/item.bmp?dl=1

Many sprites were changed or modified. Make sure to save in Paint.exe or any image editing software to overwrite compatibility. If anything breaks please drop a post in this thread.
>>
>>15583348
So 6 monsters and the blood being changed, hell that blood with the darker line across it was driving me insane.
>>
>>15583348
>rlg's Superior Item Pack updated for Elona+ 1.60
Items look so weird in game. I think it mostly has to do with how it doesn't fit in the inventory though. I'll give it a few days of trial though.
>>
File: elona.jpg (477KB, 1308x808px) Image search: [Google]
elona.jpg
477KB, 1308x808px
Kai. I watched you make a new character that was also doing martial arts and surpass me. what martial arts should i be at to stop wearing tonfas? How do i get good?

Also does anyone know how to multiple hits with martial arts? Is jiu jitsu any good
>>
>>15584231
I'm the anon that gave Kai advice on MA. Ideally, one would want to achieve 250 MA to reach the 50% pierce cap to continue dealing an acceptable amount of damage in the Void before switching out of tonfas, as they have a large amount of PV as a result of their armor skills; I suppose Jiu jitsu can "turn the tides" on heavily defended enemies, as PV and DV amounts are switched. However, if you have a decent critical hit chance, you can switch to bare hands early. I recommend at least reaching 100 MA and levelling up to get the Clear Mind special action, as it will be a great boost in survivability later on. Buy and use the Element Eyes from Miral and Garok's Workshop to change your Attribute special action to deal Magic damage, as this damage is the least resisted and scales with your critical hits. As on how to deal multiple hits, you need a large amount of Extra melee attack attribute, and the Mighty Arms and Cestus of Meteors are able to grant 1000+ of the attribute. Ideal equipment would be Five Horned Helm, Twin Edge, Mighty Arms, and Cestus of Meteors. Everything else should be artifacts that compliment your playstyle (i.e Critical Hit chance, Proximity assist weapon).

>How do I get good?
How far are you in the Void? Usually, people tend to be underleveled because they don't spend enough time grinding for AP. I recommend grinding there until you gain 2000 AP, going to Leold for speed, and repeating the process until you reach the cap (500 in Act 2, 800 in Act 3).
>>
>>15584305
Adding to my response, I'm afraid I haven't tested Jiu Jitsu extensively, so you might be on your own in terms of advice in that area unless someone else wants to pitch in.
>>
>>15584305
>>15584352
Thank you that was very helpful. Does Element Eyes last forever? not much info on the wiki
>>
>>15584497
Element eyes used to wear out after you sleep, but they have been patched to last forever in Elona+ 1.60
>>
File: 210hr.jpg (3MB, 1596x3001px) Image search: [Google]
210hr.jpg
3MB, 1596x3001px
>>15584231
>>15584305
This. Also thanks again anon for your advice. I guess to add on to what has already been said the working theory to get multiple hits to land as a martial artist is to get gear with the attribute that says it increases chance of an extra melee attack and having enough MA skill to qualify for hitting more than once.

With tonfas I was only able to get up to 4 attacks as a Martial Artist. I was using the saber tonfa and smash tonfa along with other gear at the time that had the additional attack attribute on them. Coincidentally my dual wield pet's max attacks was also four so maybe weapons have a cap of four attacks if you're just running vanilla 2 hand slots. MA is unique in that it can get up to 8 attacks. However, to get all 8 attacks you have to have nothing in your hand slots, have a lot of gear that increases your chance of an additional attack, and supposedly high enough MA skill.

In my picture I have highlighted in a red text box an example of me getting 7 attacks in one action/turn. I had the special actions attribute and clear mind running. Unfortunately, my first attack missed but total damage was 404,976. That's incredible. That's as strong as some of the meteor spell damage I saw down in the void. My spells currently don't even do that much damage with damage ranging from 80k-135k.

I pretty much followed anons advice about gear and you'll note that in my picture I don't have anything in my hand slots or ammo. Someone might be concerned that my resists might be lacking because of not having all my slots full but I assure you that artifact fusion can cover any holes and if you're a MA/Mage hybrid their is a spell buff that helps out resists too. In my pic that's my resists without any buffs just artifact fusion.

Tonfas are practice weapons for MA until you get to a sufficient MA skill like you've pointed out. Try to get to 250 or 300 skill like anon has pointed out and then see about ditching the Tonfas then. If you're still not comfortable with ditching them at that point try aiming for around 700. That's the amount of skill I had when I permanently ditched them due to anon telling me how MA multi hitting works and when I first saw my 8 hits come out. My character currently has 1000 MA and I think 600 or so tactics. I'm currently working on raising my tactics. I've power leveled my MA through a combination of skill grind, AP to bonus points, and bonus points through levels.

I'll get into more of this in my next post as I want to explain the rest of my picture and another picture I'll post showing what I've been up to.
>>
File: tickets.png (1MB, 1596x1202px) Image search: [Google]
tickets.png
1MB, 1596x1202px
>>15584536
So to continue off of where I left off, my picture in my previous post shows that I got around 2,400 wonder scrolls over the past two days through on and off grinding. I have 8 magic vendors lined up for me when I enter my home making it relatively easy to check if they have wonder scrolls. Not only have I been checking their inventories for wonder scrolls but I'm keeping my eyes open for spell books of wish. At around shop level 500 I started to see spellbooks of wish pop up. Currently my shopkeepers are at rank 2000 because I don't really have any other gold sinks.

In addition to hunting for wonder scrolls, and wish books, I have set up magical seed farms. The seeds can be gotten from harvest job board quests in Yowyn. Not sure how feasible it get serious about magic seed farms before you get Kumiromi's scissors but once you do maintaining magic seed farms isn't too hard. The scissors assure replant so you really just have to worry about wither. That's where multiple copies of Kumiromi gemstones come in though.

I have a couple of magical seed farms set up to look for rods of wishing. To reduce waste I also set up a magic shop, went into a dungeon, and grabbed the first monster I saw with the negotiation skill. I used the wiki for this. So I currently have a female slash ogre as a shopkeeper which amuses me in a way. Nevertheless, she does a wonderful job and I just funnel money into the shop to keep her negotiation and charisma potentials up. She has no problems clearing out my store. The beauty of having a magic shop is that the customers will sometimes pay for rods with more rods. This gives you another chance at finding rods of wishing and if the rods aren't of wishing well they go back onto the sales floor and the cycle repeats until I get what I want. If I do end up with Itzpalt as my final deity I'll also have a good supply of offerings. As a side note, selling spellbooks may lead to customers exchanging spellbooks. Perhaps if I buy spellbooks from my magic vendors and just dump them in my shop I can have another method of generating spellbooks of wish.

So in 2 days I've gotten about 2400 wonder scrolls, 5 spellbooks of wishing, and 6 rods of wishing. Not bad. Still going to keep amassing more wonder scrolls before reading a bunch of them. Hope to get 18,000 wish stock so I can do a mass wishing session. Probably will be able to boost my levels another 200 and get around 1000 bonus skill points to spend. These bonus skill points have been a big help in raising my MA and will be a big help in boosting my tactics.

The picture in this post is of my music ticket runs. My summon spirit spell is now close to level 600 and I get roughly 10k in music tickets. I've deemed this enough to start farming for hero cheese and magic fruit. So in about 4 party time quests I should be able to afford one hero cheese or magic fruit. The hero cheese and magic fruit will be instrumental in inflating my HP and MP. This will make further dives into the void easier which will in turn make AP generation, which I'll use for further bonus skill points, easier. That and the continuation of using artifact fusion to further up my resists should help me survive the deeper levels of the void for again, more AP, more levels, more skill level ups, etc.

I just wish I could bring myself to set up enough time to build up my pet. Another avenue of increasing my survivability.
>>
So I spent a bit in the Void (without my pets because they kept dying on the first couple levels) and now they keep dying in the higher level dungeons. I'm around level 50 for reference, just unlocked South Tyris recently. What's the fastest way to get them up to par?
>>
File: pet.png (727KB, 798x602px) Image search: [Google]
pet.png
727KB, 798x602px
>>15584897
I have a similar problem with my pet however I do have a training regimen to get her up to speed with the dungeons I'm doing. I need to take my pet from her current state to doing lv 500 dungeons and the void.

First step is getting her some levels which I'm doing in the picture. If you haven't done this yet I would take your pet(s) to Derphy and buy some slaves from the slave vendor. Gene engineer those slaves into your pet to increase their level. Depending on where you're at in the game you'll be given some options about the level range of slaves you want to buy. For me, I'm able to get slaves lv 130 or less so I can boost my pets to around that level. Not only does gene engineering give pets new skills but the increase in levels should help give them more HP and MP.

You're in South Tyris now so you might want to look into getting started on securing a more reliable source of herb seeds. There is a quest in South Tyris that awards you the Kumiromi statue. Once you have that statue you can then use the little sister quest to make copies of that statue. Try to shoot for 10 Kumiromi statues so that every 5 days you might have up to 10 herb seeds waiting for you. Create your herb farms and when you go to harvest your herbs set aside some currarias and stomafillas. Mercifully, they're the most common type of herbs you'll harvest and pets can grow frighteningly fast off of them. I fed my pet stacks of currarias and her attributes are now almost on par with my own.

So levels and attributes are accounted for now the other concern is skill levels. Skill levels for pets can be quickly boosted by AP to bonus skill points. Type in AP into the Elona wiki for more info on AP. The gist is that you'll get AP and talk to an NPC named Leold to exchange AP for bonus skill points. You should have access to Leold now that you've reached South Tyris. 1500 AP converts into 400 bonus skill points for your pets. Talk to an informer NPC in town to distribute those bonus skill points.

Before skills though consider using AP for speed. By getting your pets speed up your pet will survive much much better.

Getting AP for pets will be the toughest part. If worse comes to worse you can always just tag your pet to yourself and the things you kill will slowly generate AP for your pet. The problem with tagging is that it usually will kill your speed and is definitely not recommended to do unless you're absolutely sure you can kill things in the dungeon or void level you're doing with ease. Alternatively, if the dungeons are way too high for your pets maybe you can reset the dungeon levels that appear by taking to an NPC in the oblivion palace. Type the oblivion palace into the wiki for more info on that and where to find it.

I'm probably going to tag my pets to myself to kickstart their AP even though it will be a slow process and just begin on floor one of the void knowing that I can easily clear that floor. I'll work myself down until I get some decent AP for her. I will either dump AP into her speed or level up her martial arts(she's supposed to be my student). I suppose I could skip the AP to speed step and just focus on raising skill if I just start dumping gold medals into Hermes Potions from Miral and Garrok's workshop.

So with that plan I think you and me both should be able to get our pets up to par in the power needed to do the dungeons we're doing.
>>
File: orglvpet.png (761KB, 802x602px) Image search: [Google]
orglvpet.png
761KB, 802x602px
>>15585087
This was my pet when I first got her. She's an Elea Warrior that I got off the slave trader in Derphy. I'm building her up in sections.
>>
>>15584231
Do you remember where you found your miracle claws? Also does anyone know if level of the dungeon affects the items generated attributes? Like does it influence more miracle/godly gears in higher level? Or is it all on luck stat?
>>
>>15585232
Probably from dungeons. Shield tonfa you can get with small medals at the workshop
>>
How exactly does rain affect planted crops? Do you get a higher regrowth chance when you FIRST plant a seed when it's raining? Or should you wait until it's raining to HARVEST the plant?
>>
>>15585680
First plant should be in the rain. Harvests should be in the rain too ideally but I personally don't wait until that happens usually.
>>
>>15585087
Wow, thanks for the detailed explanation! I didn't think of feeding my pets herbs, guess I'll start on getting my kumiromi statue tomorrow.

One more quick question: how should I spend my AP? I'm getting conflicting answers when I look it up, cause people say that getting speed makes you gain AP slower? I bought the barrier spell anyhow, but I'm wondering if I should just max out my speed right away or pick up the other stuff like stats or feats first.
>>
>>15585724
The idea that gaining speed slows down your AP gain is a misconception that unfortunately hasn't died out yet. An increase in speed is not what makes AP harder to get. What is making it harder to get AP is the fact that the more AP you have, in total, the harder it is to get. To combat that, players must seek out harder and harder enemies to kill to keep getting a good of it.

The only way character speed factors into the AP equation is only at character creation where the second number in the INI score is calculated off your beginning speed value. Once the INI scores are created at character generation, it never changes.

For specifics on how AP is gained and the equations going on in the background have a look at the AP section of the wiki. Read the obtaining AP part.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/AP

As for what to get with AP speed is usually the first thing imo that should be gotten and then after that it's personal preference. Max speed you can get with Leold when you get to South Tyris is 500. Once you gain access to Lost Irva it's 800. For Kai I personally just got my speed to 500 and then all future AP points have gone into bonus skill points. I'm sure others have their own preferences so I definitely say go with whatever works for you.
>>
Who are the top-tier gods to worship?

I'm debating between Lulwy for the speed vs Kumiromi for the SP regen (since I spam Shining Wave)
>>
>>15584787
On a semi-related note, I saw a spellbook of wishing on a level 61 magic vendor. That must have been a .00001% chance.
>>
>>15585906
Doesn't exist. You were just sleep deprived and hallucinating your desires.
>>
>>15585917
I shit you not. I should have taken a picture. I know it was in Vernis and the vendor here is only 61.
>>
>>15585921
To be specific, it had one charge and was 10.5k gold with about 50 Negotiation or so.
>>
>>15585917
It's possible, this exact same thing happened to me a couple days ago. Level 61 magic vendor in Port Kapul selling a 1 charge spellbook of wish. Shame I can't read or cast it, though.
>>
I just got access to the AP upgrades on South Tyris. Any good skills for a Melee pet? I was thinking Dimensional Move, but would that be suicidal when it comes to the stronger monsters later?
>>
>>15579324
Where can i get potions of cure corruption? None of the potion dealers seem to have them.
>>
>>15586189
Have you identified one before? If you have it's not a bad idea to run over potions that look like cure corruption. My stockpile of cure corruption potions are all from dungeons. Monsters drop them and sometimes you can get them out of the bejeweled chests.
>>
>>15586189
There's a couple different ways. The easiest would be to marry your pets. Upgrade your magic vendors until they start carrying them every once in a while. If you have a luck buff you can go to the casino and play blackjack. I think it's 5 wins in a row for a potion bu that number might be off
>>
>>15586189
No idea if it works anymore, but 5 consecutive wins in blackjack used to reward them.
>>
>>15586319
>>15586317
4 wins in a row and yeah it still does. If you have a decent handful of chips from dungeon gathering it's by far the easiest way. Just eat blessed food and hope for "you feel lucky".
>>
File: Adventurers.png (219KB, 671x514px) Image search: [Google]
Adventurers.png
219KB, 671x514px
Why is this a thing? She's misses more than a startling little girl. How did she get 12k fame while being blind? Will I run out of food before she reaches soul mate while killing in the Puppy Cave?
>>
>>15586855
Nevermind, I found out why she missed so much. Her weapon was a claymore that weigh 11.2s. She couldn't hit shit with it because she can't even lift it. Gave her a basic spear and now I can make it out of this cave alive and with a soul mate adventurer.
>>
File: PetFeats&AI.png (2MB, 1281x1538px) Image search: [Google]
PetFeats&AI.png
2MB, 1281x1538px
>>15585980
>Any good skills for a Melee pet?
It all comes down to the type of melee your pet uses. Does your pet use a weapon or use their bare hands? Is your pet an HP tank or does your pet need a barrier to minimize damage due to their large MP pool? Once you've brainstormed enough ideas, use the results to compliment his/her playstyle. Picture shows an example of the feats for my pet: Barrier, which changes damage received to MP damage until it reaches 25%, after which it begins to affect HP. This is complimented by Tactical Heal, which grants the Harvest Mana special action. Since my pet uses Martial Arts, I grabbed Tactical Martial Arts for obvious reasons and Tactical Attack for Shadow Step and decapitation at <10% health with her bare hands. Stubborn Will for the 5% critical hit chance and 20% critical hit negation for enemies while she is at full health. I highly recommend Elona Custom's Custom AI so that you can define your pet's AI routine to fine tune their abilities in harmony.

>I was thinking Dimensional Move, but would that be suicidal when it comes to the stronger monsters later?
I believe you mean Shadow Step, which you get from the Tactical Attack AP feat. After getting all of the above mentioned, my pet rarely gets her health scratched at the Void. The regular enemies aren't a hassle, though, if I'm fighting a powerful monster like Void Siva, I use my pet's built in Distant Attack special action (shown in her routine), which allows her to deal melee damage at a ranged distance. Furthermore, but not shown, she can deal Martial Art's multihits using Distant Attack. So, depending on what pet you have, make sure that you all of their skills and experiment on the playstyle of your pets before deciding on AP feats.

>>15586855
>>
>>15586941
Didn't mean to quote >>15586855, sorry.
>>
>>15586855
>Soul Mate from killing puppy cave mobs
That seems like it would take forever and a day.
>>
>>15586941
May I ask exactly what pet you're using in the image? Super regen sounds like a great skill, but the only NPCs I'm aware of that have it are Ouroboros and a couple of unique NPCs.
>>
>>15586964
Is there a faster way to get adventurers to soul mate? I want their new years gifts.
>>
>>15586975
I'm using an Astral Light Penned Meshera Alpha, inherited 2 times to get her INI to phenomenal levels. Using her as a pet was inspired by a player known as Chibike, who is non-consensually roleplaying as one of my PC's and my pet's mentors for Martial Arts. Around 300 hours were spent as a result of my playtime in the other two save files, going around drinking from wells and subsequently burning them, feeding her It decreases attribute equipment, and, as if it were the punchline of some hilarious joke, doomed hermes blood. This was a very long time back, and I even had to revert versions for it to even work. Now, I believe the Meshera Alpha has the special character flag, which nullifies attribute changes. I don't recommend it at all, even if you are willing to do Kai levels of grinding. All pets will eventually reach this level, so don't worry about it.
>>
>>15587000
Give them gifts (cheap, so-so, exquisite) until "Friend" relationship, then give them Token of Friendships crafted from the Pot for Fusion. You can buy gifts from souvenir and goods vendors if you invest in them enough. Tokens cost a small medal, a material box, and a scroll of gain material (use a gem cutter, as it's easier to gather materials for it). Why do you want their New Years Gift so much, anon?
>>
>>15587056
<Five Horned Helm>
Twin edge hasn't dropped for me this whole time. Needs some extra attacks and I'm not strong enough for Arma and her smash tonfa right now.
>>
>>15585906
>>15585937
That's pretty cool. I should of been paying more attention to spellbooks on magic vendors earlier on then. Have only been scanning scrolls for wonder scrolls.

>>15585790
Kumiromi certainly seems pretty popular with people. Don't know if there are any top tier gods of worship though since I kind of expect final god worship to be varied among players. I don't really spam special actions with Kai so I don't really see myself ending up with Kumiromi myself. My final god candidates will probably be between Jure and Itzpalt for me. Jure looks like she might be good for martial artists and Itzpalt is definitely a mage god. Since I'm both MA and mage those appeal to me. Guess final god worship depends on what you find yourself doing a lot and what god you think will help you with that?
>>
File: maVcast.png (327KB, 1130x386px) Image search: [Google]
maVcast.png
327KB, 1130x386px
Is there any way to make casters not pale in comparison to other pets? I need the cat because Eye of Insanity, but I also need him to level up and get AP, and that's hard with the piddly amount of damage he does right now.
>>
>>15587927
Just make sure your casting pet has enough enhance spell equipment for the 2x damage buff and raise their casting skill since that plays a large part in how much damage they do.
>>
File: pot.png (1MB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
pot.png
1MB, 1280x768px
My potentials are slowly rising. They were at hopeless for about 40 hours of play time. Wish I had a cook since the beginning of the game. For now I'm still aimlessly dicking around and it feels like I still haven't even scratched the surface of this game. Feels like I spent at least 10 hours just designing my properties.
>>
Where exactly do you buy rations? I have checked every general store, inn keeper, and baker on the northern continent with no success.

All they sell are perishables and sacks of flour. Is this a bug or do I need to invest in them for them to sell rations?
>>
>>15588134
Food vendors can stock one IIRC, but do you really *need* rations? You can use cargos of traveler food for the same thing, they're cheap, don't perish and don't encumber your character (instead, they encumber your cart).
>>
>>15588181
Ah, alright then. I just started the game and was looking for food to eat while in dungeons and other non overworld places. I didn't even know there was a separate burden stat.
>>
>>15588085
>Feels like I spent at least 10 hours just designing my properties
That's half the game. If anything, you need to spend more time doing pointless shit for cosmetic reasons. Get some dyes and make all your furniture your favorite color or something.
>>
>>15584231
Continuous Attacks?
>>
>>15588467
Shit, now I know what to do with the dye's i've been hoarding.
>>
>>15588782
Protip: you can use Dyes to forcibly separate individual items in a stack. Items with the same dye color will stack. This is useful for Fusion recipes, like Herbing Curarias without needing to Bless a stack of them.
>>
>>15589250
Artificial coloring and maybe flavoring in my food!? What Yerles devilry/technology is this?
>>
>>15588085
I'm the same level and only have 132 speed. What's the trick to raising it that high?
>>
>>15589622
He's fairy.
>>
So apparently you can still eat traveler's food inside of dungeons. Since you've been able to do this for over a year now, is this change a feature or a bug that's been long forgotten?
>>
>>15589715
I always found it weird how all the guides say you can't eat food cargo anywhere but the overworld.
>>
Which continent do you guys like to stay in the most?
>>
File: bowl of autism cuts a gay burd.png (287KB, 807x625px) Image search: [Google]
bowl of autism cuts a gay burd.png
287KB, 807x625px
Craft better light-sabers for him or pray i get three more with wave on them.
>>
>>15590531
How many hands does pasta have? Wondering how dual wield works with multi hands.
>>
>>15589715
>>15590278
It's a fairly recent change (has it really been a year?)
>>
After running some more optimization experiments in grind for my character Kai I ran into something that was news for me anyhow. I wanted to find another way to grind out my skills so I decided that I would just equip the ragnarok sword, duck out into the wilderness, knockout a rat or something, sandbag him, hit him until I caused ragnarok, set up my shelter, go in it and then read my tactics skill book.

Well, while hitting the rat with ragnarok I noticed I got four attacks. I then proceeded to equip another weapon in my second hand slot and was able to get 8 attacks. In light of this I retract what I said about MA being unique in getting 8 attacks. I guess the additional attack enchants are very important for them as well.

I decided to see what my damage numbers were for my dual wield pet on my previous character that had 1000 in tactics and dual wield along with 2000 strength. She also has some pretty good living light sabers too. At 8 attacks she does as much damage as my Martial Arts character. Although, I only have 1000 MA, 700 tactics, and like 700ish strength. However, what sends MA into orbit it seems is the attribute special action. With that, MA can pull quite ahead of dual wielding.

In light of the fact that dual wielders and MA with default 2 hands depend so much on gear that provides them additional attacks, it's going to be very hard to run lots of pets that incorporate MA or dual wield as their attack methods. The amount of gear needed that has that special attribute is going to be rough to gather.
>>
Is there any way to see the actual potential percentage of your stats like you can for skills?
>>
I'm still so shocked Elona+ gets such frequent updates. There's a major patch every month or so.
>>
>>15590764
Get the Glasses of Yacatect, which is a passive item that allows you to see potentials on the second page of your character sheet. Dropped by Karavika, a neutral level 250 God.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Other_items#Glasses_of_Yacatect
>>
>see thread from front page
>curious
>google "elona"
I think I can hear the party van approaching my house
>>
Is it mandatory to play the elona+ with the custom mod?
>>
>>15591937
Absolutely. If you try doing something else we'll round up the boys and burn down your house.
>>
>>15591965
no, seriously, I was referring if the custom mod fixes a lot of shit from the normal game
>>
>>15591973
That's not what mandatory means.

Anon, there's a few things that custom does for you, and I do recommend it. But you can actually ignore it and start up a character, then start using custom with the same save like I did once I learned that I want one of the mod's functionalities.
>>
>>15591990
its to save time

also, I find kind of funny how the supposedly beginners guide here
http://pastebin.com/tuXqJadN
is completely nonsensical for a beginner for including terms and info that someone who hasn't played the game can't understand
>>
>>15592015
Elona requires you to have a rudimentary understanding of rougelikes already and takes heavy inspiration from games such as ADoM. Even if that guide was made one year ago, that's about as simple as it gets when you're in Elona's early game content.
>>
>>15592117
well, I played quite a bit of DCSS, so I guess I'll be fine
>>
File: noodley arms.png (700KB, 807x625px) Image search: [Google]
noodley arms.png
700KB, 807x625px
>>15590566

four hands slots four ring slots.
>>
>>15592139
I also recommend looking at the Beginner's Guide on the wiki for extra tips. Don't forget to look around there a bit for anything that isn't clear. As always, don't be afraid to ask any questions.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Beginner%27s_Guide
>>
>>15592329
>It should also be noted that most characters should aim for a charisma of at least 10

>mfw after taking hours of character creation it has a char of 6

fuck
>>
>>15590297
North, because I can't get away from my shop or my farms. It's impossible. I don't even make much money off them, but I still need to check up on them every other day or else my subconcious starts nagging me.
>>
>>15592352
Depending on your race/class it may be impossible to start with 10 charisma, or even less.
>>
Using ElonaCustom, when can you teach your pet Cheer?
>>
File: cha.png (1MB, 1568x602px) Image search: [Google]
cha.png
1MB, 1568x602px
>>15592352
My character only had a charisma of 7 when he started. Seems I spent 46 minutes at character creation. Although I already knew what race and class I wanted the alias section probably is where I took the longest. Feats and background didn't take too long and rolling attributes didn't take too long.

>>15592015
While this isn't my first character I remember when I first started playing Elona the only thing I read was the control section of the Elona wiki. After that I just learned the game through trial and error and if I had any questions I'd either consult the Elona forums back in the day or I would come on 4chan to ask questions. Now that there are guides and stuff I would think it would be easier for new players however due to how the guides are written, I'm kind of under the impression that you'll get the most of them after playing the game for a bit on your own and failing miserably. After completely wrecking your character through mutations/corruptions or dying is goofy ways the guides will make a whole lot more sense to the newbie as things being referenced will be understood.

On a side note, I really need to quickly finish up the god rewards for Opatos. I forgot how creepy this guy was and fear going to sleep.
>>
>>15592535
Read the section on teaching a spell or ability.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/New_Features_in_Elona_Custom_1.51.4

Configure your pet AI to use the ability as well.
>>
Is Tag Team any good for actually fighting with, or is it only good for AP gain? I've had the idea of a dragon rider pet, the pet getting in close and doing their thing with melee while its dragon partner spams breath attacks. It sounds fun and cool, but I'm afraid it'll fail miserably.
>>
>>15592596
Oh woops thanks. I've read that particular article many times but I guess I skimmed over that part.
>>
>>15592597
It might work. Too bad you can't configure your pets to ride other pets. That would be better but I suppose tagging is the next best thing.
>>
File: Opatos, God of Derision.png (289KB, 627x405px) Image search: [Google]
Opatos, God of Derision.png
289KB, 627x405px
>>15592546
>I really need to quickly finish up the god rewards for Opatos. I forgot how creepy this guy was and fear going to sleep.
Don't be like that, he was bullied by his older sister to the point where he can't even have ownership of his own belongings. Do you want him to lose his followers, too?
>>
File: 43804565_p0.jpg (169KB, 645x911px) Image search: [Google]
43804565_p0.jpg
169KB, 645x911px
>>15592687
I don't wish him ill considering there's worse out there. I'm not really looking forward to Mani or Lulwy. A lady that wants to put me in a cage or a guy that wants to make me into a robot. At least I get to look forward to Ehekatl eventually. Opatos will be fine without me. Afterall, he's served by that diligent golden knight cutie.
>>
>>15591722
If you play Elona, it may keep you for thousands of hours. If you develop it, it will trap you forever.
>>
>>15593264
I didn't think of it that way. 9 gods have mercy on their souls.
>>
Aww man.. you can't mix blessed bottles of water with regular bottles of water?
>>
>>15593373
Doesn't look like it. Still, to bless water is pretty easy at least. Just go to the altar of the god you're worshiping, probably in the truce grounds, and drop water stack on altar.
>>
>>15593379
Oh, I didn't realize you can drop full stacks of water, I thought it was only one at a time. I guess that's fine, woops.
>>
>>15592597
That setup will work with some tweaking. Tag Team uses the leftside pet's AI for choosing movement direction, while the slower pet's speed determines the movespeed (the faster pet's attack speed is unaffected). You need to make sure you can boost the slower pet to an acceptable speed while adjusting AI of both pets so they don't conflict with each other.
>>
File: nigger how does that even work.png (433KB, 807x625px) Image search: [Google]
nigger how does that even work.png
433KB, 807x625px
made 300 light sabers to see if i could gear up my spaghetti better.

out of 300 this was only good one.
>>
Is there a way to make the shopkeepers in my house stand completely still? They still move around somewhat when you use the Move Stayer command.
>>
>>15593715
Not that I know of. If you have a lot of speed compared to your shopkeepers it will look like they never move when you enter your home though. If you're having problems with stray shopkeepers you can just reenter your home and that will reset them to where you designated them to be.
>>
Is there anything I should do before finishing North Tyris' main quest? Like is anything missable?
>>
>>15594085
Gwen will grow up once you finish North Tyris. If you want loli Gwen then you'll want to astral pen her before you finish North Tyris. Aside from that there isn't anything I can think of that you can permanently miss. Time will pass once you beat North Tyris so harvest your farms and ranches before you beat North Tyris.
>>
>>15594107
Thanks. I'll do that and preserve her innocence.
>>
Is it possible to play solely as a trader? Instead of doing dungeons and quests, can one just wander the world earning lots of money and hire adventurers to come with you for the dangerous stuff?
>>
>>15595224
I don't know about ignoring quests entirely, but avoiding combat is recommended when starting out. It's possible to just spend all your time carrying cargo between towns, not sure how fun it'd be.
>>
>>15595224
Adventurers are pretty weak, not gonna lie. You could however raise pets to be strong and act as your body guards. It's possible in a sense since you don't get exp from killing monsters but from training skills. So you could level up and such. Try it out I guess.
>>
Do pets have mana? Do they use it up when casting spells, or can they just spam then?
>>
>>15595260
I ended up playing a pianist (which is the only class that gets cha) and tried playing in the first town to get some starting revenue...

Yeaaaaah. I got crushed by rocks.
>>
Is medium or light armor the way to go for casting? I'd assume light, but medium has that skill that amplifies spell damage by 1.2x.
>>
>>15595224
It's actually really fun. Made a farmer that just did gathering and delivery oddjobs until he could afford his own farm. Passed the time waiting for crops to grow doing escorts and trade routes, bought more farms, etc. All the cooked fruits and veggies sold for a good amount. In the end he had a huge farm franchise with farms littered around most cities, a fancy castle with a wife and daughteru and a metric ton of gold.
>>
Anyone know what raises the difficulty of harvest time quests?

I'm seeing some $10 hunting quests, but my harvest quests are still around $1 or $2

My gardening is 99.595 and my stats are anywhere between 50-80
>>
>>15595697
I almost have 40k fame and I haven't seen anything beyond that either.
>>
Is there a reason my shopkeeper in my house keeps attacking me? I thought it was my negative karma but it's positive now and it still happens.

We have a normal relationship. It just seems out of nowhere they become hostile
>>
>>15595281
Pets have mana. To see their mana, use a stethoscope while playing Elona Custom, press Esc to go to the Tweaks Menu, and under UI Tweaks, go to the option that says Display Mana Bar With Stethoscope and toggle it On.

>>15595334
Use medium armor for the Magic Equip special action, but you should also change your class to warmage using a blank business card to offset the casting penalty.

>>15595697
>>15595724
It may be some sort of correlation with fame. At 255k fame the Harvest Time quests at Yowyn reach up to $ x 11, presumably to prevent excessive Harvest Time quests for rare seeds. Try to grind fame up to >75k and see if it harder quests start to show up.

>>15595794
Did you kill the shopkeeper at any time? Adventurers get upset when you kill them once, so I imagine that it would be the same for shopkeepers/NPCs. If the problem persists, use incognito to talk to them or fire and hire a new shopkeeper. In a last resort, such as if you invested in them too much to let them go, take all the items out of your Ground floor (or else they will be lost forever) and re-initialize your home on the overworld map by pressing Backspace and Enter simultaneously. This does not affect any other level of your house.
>>
How would you set custom AI to use provoke and reuse it when it falls off?
>>
>>15597155
if, target != rage -> provoke

Something like that.
>>
Is there any way for me to move my farms and storage houses to a new location intact?
>>
Is there anything that invokes Read so I can just hold down enter like if I were using a cooking thing? Reading 50 books is a chore. R + enter x 250
>>
>>15597701
No, unfortunately. You need to manually pick up everything in your storage house and move it to a new location with a new deed. All the seeds in your previous farm are forfeit.

>>15597866
Assign the book to a hotkey (0-9) in the Read screen. Hold down the number that you assigned it to for fast reading.
>>
File: Capture.png (317KB, 668x479px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
317KB, 668x479px
>>15597204
I'm not seeing any buffs that have to do with aggro, like rage... hmmm
>>
File: status.png (269KB, 667x474px) Image search: [Google]
status.png
269KB, 667x474px
>>15597921
That's because fury is not a buff\hex, it's a status.
>>
>>15597921
It's under Condition: Status, Value: Fury. So it should read as:
if target status != fury, then provoke
>>
>>15597953
Everyone on 2 forums kept saying rage not fury :(
>>
If I give my companion a living weapon will it still get EXP?
>>
>>15598015
Yes. There isn't an indicator that goes off if it levels so you'll need to periodically check its progress by looking in your pet's inventory.
>>
Darn, Exile's super shooty thing doesn't persist with the ElonaCustom AI
>>
>>15598543
Wait nevermind I'm dumb, just wasn't shooting stuff that required it.
>>
>>15598550

only works with dart spells
>>
>>15598040
Sweet. Should I just go straight resistance with it? Never found one of these before.
>>
>>15598587
Not the anon you responded to, but I usually go for It enhances your spells for all 15 levels via scumming first. My second living weapon was when I went for 15 levels of magic resistance. All of the other enchants just felt underwhelming in my playthrough, to say the least. Don't forget to max out its enchant strength at Irma with artifact fusion with magic resistance before you level it up, regardless of the options.
>>
File: Capture.png (280KB, 646x458px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
280KB, 646x458px
I taught one of my pets provoke with AP, but it won't show up in actions. Is there another step like teaching it before it's able to do provoke?
>>
>>15598649
I believe you have to re-initialize its AI for the AP skills to show up. In the Custom AI page, go to Configure > Re-Initialize Actions.
>>
>>15598607
Makes sense. I don't use guns but once it's leveled enough i'll slap it on as a stat stick.
>>
Are wizards ever actually able to learn spells, or do they just keep all of their magic knowledge in short term memory and have to reread the same book forever?
>>
>>15599731
Lorewise? No idea. Gameplay? Nope. But spell stocks become much less of an issue the further you get in the game.
>>
Elona+ Custom 1.60.1c

https://mega.nz/#!BMIGlYSA!kVzyKDCZYlTGtAqOxxiZrEhuOqlvuS1ZNG24KdhDWKo

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:22264

[Changes and additions]
* New flavor text translations
* New card description translations
* New cutscene translation (including translating an accidentally skipped line in one of the previously translated cutscenes)
* The executable has NOT been rebuilt - only scene2.hsp and files in the /externalize/ folder have been changed, but everything is included in the archive.
* I've made two new threads for Elona Custom. A bug report thread, found here (http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:22791), and a feature request thread, found here (http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:22911). Please keep bug reports and feature requests to those threads, and leave this thread open for discussion or release posts.
>>
Does the quality of mats from a scroll of Gain Material depend on the level you are when you use them?
>>
File: Punchgolem.png (6KB, 128x192px) Image search: [Google]
Punchgolem.png
6KB, 128x192px
I spent much too long on this for the new character I'm planning on making.

Anyone have any advice for a Golem Predator that's going to use Martial Arts?
>>
>>15600509
Is it a sex golem?
>>
>>15600522
Well, it's a predator, so of course.

Sexual predator. 600-something pounds of homunculus flesh and steel struts right on your pelvis. Nothing sexier.
>>
>>15600509
Other than get early Shield Tonfa from static medals, not really.
>>
>>15600509
I used all my level bonus points and put it in Martial Arts for my character Kai. Even if you might be tempted to quickly raise another skill because it might help you in some way such as cooking try to just raise it the hard way. Unfortunately, MA lags behind weapons early on so you want to level it up as fast as possible to make it viable. Definitely should pick up the shield tonfa like the other anon said.

When you get enough tactics to use shining wave please don't spam/abuse it like so many martial artists that came before me did. It does a lot of damage compared to what you will be doing with MA once you get it however it doesn't train MA at all. It's almost a meme at this point of the hopeful martial artist who gets shining wave, spams it on every enemy he sees, feels like he can take on everything now and kills dungeon bosses he really wouldn't of won against otherwise, and then screws up his entire game because now he has to enter dungeons far stronger than him. Dungeons that spawn might be so out of his league that enemies that are in them can shrug off shining wave or heaven forbid, they're completely resistant to it. Martial artist goes back to his fists but since he didn't really train it finds it's not viable and is full of regret. Then we never hear from that martial artist guy again.

The funny thing is that I actually checked my pet to see if she had shining wave and if she did I'd actually throw her out of my dojo/ consider looking for another student due to suspicions of lack of self control. Even though I'm kinda joking about that, the point that should be driven home is that shining wave is good because it does a lot of damage when you first get it but use it sparingly and ideally only in emergencies or for chase downs. You want to train MA and make it stronger. Keep your eyes on the prize so to speak.

There are other special actions you'll get. Clear mind and attribute are imo of particular note. Attribute will raise your damage considerably and is very good to use against tough opponents like dungeon bosses. Again don't spam it, you will train MA better if you can meet an enemy that you can punch for awhile instead of splattering in one blow.

Since you're melee person use shadow step to chase running enemies, if enemy isn't in a line for shining wave or is resistant to magic, or to quickly get to your opponent if need be.
>>
So I've seen some pics posted here (or elsewhere, not sure) of enchantments that had the number after the #'s, for instance

It makes you better at weight lifting. [#] (5)

Is that a mod or a tweak or something?
>>
>>15601689
It's an Elona Custom tweak. To enable it in game you press escape and go to tweaks and then UI tweaks. You'll need the object of heart item to make it work though.
>>
I have so many currarias and stomafillias, is there a way to turn these in to the other herb types? I get like 1 other herb for every 10 of those two.
>>
>>15602474
No and due to that the rare herbs are the choke points for the herb in recipe. Currarias and Stomafillias still make for good pet feed. Currarias are ok for the player but you'll need to consume a lot of them.
>>
>>15602488
Didn't they buff herbs recently in the 1.60 patch? something like 20x the value for normal herbs
>>
>>15602566
The buff helps recover potential. It's not a buff to actually help in train/upping attributes. Also, the buff is only for rare herbs.
>>
File: tickets.png (433KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
tickets.png
433KB, 800x602px
>>15602474
At the beginning of the game I kept myself fed through bakery goods, midway I had vegetable/fruit farms, after that I had herb farms and I guess that's where you are. Was at that point for a long time and the herb in stuff was a bit harder to always have because it would require multiple harvest cycles to get a nice stack.

The next step, where my character Kai is at, is using music tickets to supplement your rare herbs if you need it. I'm mainly using my music tickets for hero cheese and magic fruit at the moment but I can switch out later to never have herb problems ever again. Currently make around 8-12k in tickets every party quest by summoning in high level spirits(lv 600ish) and impressing them along with named NPCs.

Don't know if you're a spell caster but just putting it out there that there's another way to get rare herbs.
>>
>>15602715
Yeah I'm a caster, but pretty early game still. Just beat Zeome for the first time. My casting is only around 90.
>>
>>15601264
Aha. I almost fell into the shining wave trap but I figured that it was too good to last and it wouldn't scale well later in the game.
>>
About Secret Experience of Kumiromi: Does it drop from any fairy type? Meaning monsters like Gigantic Fairy or Peri? Or is it only the basic Fairy?
>>
I see alchemy kits and gem cutters all of the time but i've never come across a tailoring or carpentry tool. Is there somewhere specific I have to go?
>>
>>15604096
I got almost all my tools in the puppy caves. They might appear on general vendors too I think.
>>
Post wives please.
>>
File: 49561118_p0.jpg (153KB, 742x1200px) Image search: [Google]
49561118_p0.jpg
153KB, 742x1200px
>>15604203
>>
/rlg/ here, please spoonfeed me on how MA can compete against 2H and Dual Wield.

Can MA attack with 4 hands through Gavela exactly like Dual Wields? I remember a major buff to MA quite some time ago where it allows you to attack multiple times (maximum of 8) per attack, which I assume could also proc aux attacks from tonfas/shields BUT nobody here could make it work.
>>
>>15604203
Raphael pls go.
>>
File: 5Punch.png (1MB, 1600x602px) Image search: [Google]
5Punch.png
1MB, 1600x602px
>>15604670
It competes by having good critical hit damage and a special action called attribute that pretty much echoes your fist damage or does a lot more if an enemy is weak against whatever element you put on your fists. It's also capable of 8 hits through the stacking of gear that enhances your chance of making an additional melee attack and possibly having enough MA to qualify for up to 8 attacks. Having enough MA requirement still needs more verification but there's at least anecdote that suggests that might be the case.

At any rate, my character Kai in the picture can get up to 8 hits but I decided to just screenshot the 5 hits I got because I didn't want to spend too long trying to proc all 8 hits. Even though that's 5 hits, that's about 415k in damage on an enemy I sandbagged in the void on floor 447. The damage would be a whole lot more on an enemy in a normal dungeon. Character has 1007 MA and 846 tactics currently and has only 2 hand slots.

I have no idea how MA works with mutants but it would be interesting and good if someone actually made one, got far, and shared the results of his/her character. Interested in how the journey is from level 1 to high level and how the damage grows etc.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll see such a character anytime soon. As much as I would like to be wrong on this I doubt a lot of people have it in them to embrace the grind that is required to make MA work. If you hate grind and the very word causes you to flinch a bit MA is not for you. Stick to 2H or Dual Wield. The damage for MA does not compare to 2h or Dual Wield in the beginning but if the player is willing to play for a very long time and grind MA can be very rewarding. At the very high levels of MA, MA looks set to beat out all weapon skills and actually reach magic levels of damage. Lucky for me or bad, depending on how you see it, I have a high tolerance for tedium. My last character ran at least 800 hours so I'm no stranger to grind.
>>
>>15604932
Post wife.
>>
>>15605027

I don't really think anyone would go to this thread in the first place if they get repulsed by grinding.

So it basically takes some time for a char with sufficient requirements for 8 hitting to do 8 hits per attack? I understand it as RNG rolling from 1-8 hits per attack, is this correct? I wonder if there's some number crunching that were already done for solid comparison of let's say, lvl. 1000 MA vs 2H vs DW
>>
Ok noob here, I started up the game and grabbed all the small medals from the towns to get diablo from Mirals workshop.

Problem is it only weighs 2.4s so I can't use the two handed skill. Is there any possible way to make a precious weapon heavier?

Or should I attempt dual wielding/sword and shield until I can find a better heavy weapon?
>>
>>15605133
I think most anons play Elona because mindless grinding lets them escape their absurd existence. They can't pray, so they grind.
>>
>>15605142
Cursed - Scroll Of Flying is what you want. You'll need to wish for 'scroll of flying' and then curse it. They're pretty rare otherwise, or so I've heard.
>>
>>15605133
I've already done it with my character Kai. The number comparison that is. On my previous character I have two pets. One two hand and one dual wield. Both have default 13 slots with only two hands. Both have 2000 strength and around 1000 in their respective skills. For my two hand it's two hand, tactics, and polearms. For my dual wield pet it's 1000 tactics, 1000 long sword, 800 dual wield. Dual wield doesn't exactly help in damage from what I can tell. Just helps with accuracy when using two lightsabers etc. Two hand pet wields the pile driver and dual wield pet wields two living lightsabers that had artifact fusion applied to it before leveling it to max.

My current character in the above picture does a bit more damage than her despite not having 1000 in tactics and 2000 strength. The lead will be further extended once I do get 1000 tactics and 1000 strength. My character also far exceeds my two hand pet in damage. The problem weapon users are going to face compared to MA is the weapon enchant limits. In the face of the special action attribute MA will begin to overtake weapons once their fists start doing good damage. That however doesn't happen until you're far into MA.

As I said before, you need gear that will stack increasing your chance of additional attack and maybe high enough MA to enable mutli hits. Also, when I say grind I mean getting over 500 in a skill. Before that, I can tell you that all of the other weapon users can match your damage with ease or even surpass it. Even at 1000 I just pulled slightly ahead of dual wielders.

>>15605142
Think cursed flying scrolls might increase your weapons weight. If that doesn't work then yeah you should wait for a better two handed weapon to come along.
>>
>>15605174
Speak for yourself. I have a family, a job, and I'm pretty content with my life. I play Elona when I get back home and it's practically the only thing I play these days because it's a simple game I can relax to yet has more gameplay than some of the interactive movie tripple A games out there.
>>
>>15605388
Way to go bro, you totally convinced me with those hot words. You wouldn't have bothered writing anything if you were actually content with your life.
>>
>>15605420
Not him but you're an idiot if you think we don't have lives outside of 4chan and games. Also what on earth is keeping anyone from praying?
>>
>>15605388
Agreed. I can't stand grinding in MMOs or anything anymore but i'm more than fine with Elona.
>>
To the guy who wrote the necromancy guide or anyone else who has tried the build, do you see a possibility for a magic/necro hybrid by replacing all rod usage with magic and leveling alchemy through traditional means, or does this make the minions fall off? It's the kind of character I had in mind but I want to hear some opinions before I make any long-term investments.
>>
>>15605174
It's either mindless grind at Elona or mindless grind at work dealing with people you probably find difficult. Some do both!
>>
>>15605174
I always wonder about people that hate grind. I mean you have to practice for a very long time to get good at a craft, get fit, etc. Some of that eventually becomes mindless once you get a routine going. Are you people trying to say you hate becoming good at stuff and are insufferable lazy faggots?
>>
>>15605479
Grinding in Elona while pretending to grind at work is the true path.
>>
>>15605494
Well there's a pretty big difference between the grind of putting in effort to get better at something and say mindless grinding for a .001% drop rate mount in an MMO.
>>
>>15605494
Not only are they lazy but they're the same people that can't concentrate worth a damn. Probably the same people with the attention span of a goldfish
>>
>>15605664
>mindless grinding
>requiring concentration
[citation needed]
>>
>>15605494
The trouble with Elona's grind is that it's counterintuitive to most games' grind. Instead of "kill powerful enemies, get sweet loot," in Elona it's "acquire herb seeds, perform repetitive noncombat tasks." So you get characters like Kai who are the minmaxiest of the minmaxed because they spent their (real-life) time most efficiently, and you get the other 80% of players who either aren't interested in that style of play, or they aren't familiar with the herb-farming, scroll of wonder-buying meta.
>>
>>15605698
If anything it's easier to do the opposite. Watching something on another screen or listening to something is the best way to handle grind.
>>
>>15605703
Really? From what I've seen over these threads he does a bunch of everything. Farms his farms, does dungeons, does job board stuff, invests in stuff, sells stuff in the shop he set up, pesters vendors for stuff, and does other things. Kind have to do a bit of everything to be successful in this game now that I think about it but it looks like he found ways to streamline and just do everything in a munchkin sort of way. He kinda reminds me of that one D&D player that the DM keeps getting angry with because he keeps trying to break the game or min maxes his character to the point where he sticks out like a sore thumb in the group.
>>
>>15550481
[Changes and additions]
* Added 1 new item.
* Added 1 new precious artifact. It will cause summoned undead to fuse with one another.
* Added 4 new low-level undeadgod NPCs. They do not spawn naturally.
>>
File: 1449537741477.gif (693KB, 339x279px) Image search: [Google]
1449537741477.gif
693KB, 339x279px
>>15606710
Yeeeeeeeees
>>
Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just burn time on the overworld using every speed reduction effect possible to make years pass within minutes and get countless platinum events, treasure maps, shop restocks, waifu breakfests, and holy well quaffs.
>>
>>15606744
Because platinum events are RNG, i'm not sure how you're getting treasure maps from passing time, shops restock way faster than years, breakfasts are daily and you'll likely not arrive at the proper time to do so, and I guess the holy well idea is alright.

You're going to be spending a small fortune in food, probably. You could at least skip all the debuffs and just load up on cargo and make the trip of a lifetime while farm up tons of blue capsule drag from the bandit encounter every other tile.
>>
>>15606771
Platinum events and treasure map are RNG but the dice rolls every ingame day and with the proper set up you can roll the dice faster to get more plat than anything. You also need to use the statue that gives you I think 10 plat a year, it's been a while since I did this but you need to be overloaded with max cargo on the snow and something else that reduces your speed. You build a storage house one tile away from noyel and you walk back and forth on those tiles to avoid wild enemies, every once in a while you stop by the merchants and check out their stuff to burn money and you can have the breakfast once every 20 seconds because you get tired fast.
>>
>>15606744
Lolis will no longer be lolis. Such is the price of attaining the power of a god and manipulating time. You don't care though. You have blessed potions of slow that you can distribute to yourself and loved ones but the rest of the world will age. Even though you are now a god of time you still have to pay taxes though.
>>
>>15606810
With the portable tax box and some saved up gold it's not an issue though.
>>
>>15606381
Funny that you should mention the D&D thing. It happened in a pathfinder game for me instead but the gm was chill. Asked that I help him gm and make villains instead of being a player. After awhile I was allowed to become a player again once the group got more experienced.

I do have that characteristic though of playing games mainly to conquer them utterly and have fun learning mechanics and rules so I can play them to my advantage. Guess you saw that with my character Kai.
>>
>>15607029
In the first place, games are meant to be a fusion of narrative and mechanic. When the thing at stake has both narrative and mechanic value, when dramatic tension is combined with mechanical difficulty, that is when the player is fully engaged.
>>
>>15607069
That makes elona one of the worst games ever made then.
>>
>>15607331
Elona is indeed one of the worst games ever made, but the words in the post you quoted don't imply such a thing.
>>
>>15607338
Elona's narrative is locally nonexistent and globally very poor. Mechanically, elona is so flawed that it's outright trivial to powergame through after you've experienced just the first dungeons, or a few arena matches. On that end, there is no tension. Even if you're not cheesing it, you end up grinding mobs that could never harm you so you can up your stats enough so you have little to no chance of dying to mobs you're actually interested in fighting, and you only know what you need to beat them because you have either trial & error'd it or read ahead. Thus, there is no mechanical difficulty (on the tactical nor strategic level).
Finally, due to the nature of the game, there is no mechanical difficulty of any other kind (e.g. no fast reflexes or player accuracy are required).
>>
>>15606810
>check starting little girl out of curiosity
>she's 27
O-oh.
>>
>>15607350
NO
>>
>>15607350
Where's your inferno run anon? If it's so easy as you say there should be more players doing inferno runs and surviving. I lost my character long ago even though I thought I was being careful. Also let me tell you, not being able to save scum without cumulative gimping of your character makes the game a whole lot more dangerous.
>>
>>15607587
>be pianist
>get 10 bells as pets
>???
>win at level 1
>>
>>15607601
Anon please, anyone can beat Zeome. How about beating all acts and the chaos fort bosses? Bells won't save you especially now since they're only physical damage resistant. Has there even been an Inferno character that has beaten the gods yet?
>>
>>15607627
After you're through with zeome you shortcutted hundreds of hours of grind. You're strong enough at this point that you can immediately start any of the other exploits for whatever resource you want. After that, all you have to do is classic grinding at worst. Rather, you question should have been "how many thousands of inferno characters have beaten a god?"
>>
>>15607601
I wonder how bells do now against zeome now that spells can rip them apart. Their HP is trash so losing that spell damage resist is bad news for them. I forget but does Zeome cast any area spells?
>>
>>15607658
The bells get fucked up pretty fast (as in, they kinda get instagibbed), but they attack so many times per turn that even though you'll end up with at most 1-2 bells left, you'll still win "easily" so long as you don't #YOLO.
>>
>>15607643
Well? How many have killed the gods anon? Have you? I've been in these threads for years and haven't seen any inferno run god killers. If there were a lot of them you'd think eventually someone would of come along by now and shared all of these wonderful exploits and everything that's been shared would of been old hat. Except, it isn't? Most of the power gaming things players are doing now seem to be more recent developments that people have found out about. There's been a couple of advancing god killers, within 2 years, but I've not seen one inferno run god killer.
>>
>>15607627
I'm in the process of training up my character Kai to kill Opatos. Complete with training montage music! Still have to prepare my character's body to take the hits from the god breaker axe and get enough speed so the fight is more fair in actions per turn.
>>
>>15607782
Really, I could of sworn I saw him and others commenting on /rlg/ that he end up dying in some dungeon. What's the horse up to these days?
>>
elona+ doesn't really feel like you're ever progressing (you'll end up using the same two sets of equipment forever because it doesn't seem that mods are stronger/rarer the further along you progress). Does custom fix that somehow?
>>
>>15607791
Don't think Custom does anything on that front but you might want to look into artifact fusion later on. The funniest thing is the best equipment might be godly equipment with practically nothing on it so you can fill it up with stuff you want from artifact fusion.
>>
>>15607828
Meh, doesn't seem very good or even worth it since the quality of the shit you can add is limited (unlike on living weapons and random weapons). It also unfortunately doesn't fix the nature of the RNG.
>>
>>15607791
The precious items you get from quests are perfectly viable if you upgrade them.
>>
>>15607897
What? Are you actually telling me all the resists you can add using artifact fusion, the + skills, attributes, and various tears that add magic damage, enhance spell damage, and more constitute as limited? Are you kidding me? The resists you craft for artifact fusion aren't RNG at all. Holy shit lol
>>
>>15607791
Wow, this is almost as bad as the statement I heard awhile back with someone claiming that wizards suck because they're fragile and don't do damage. Please be bait. 5/10 if it is because you made me bite but if you're serious....wew lad...
>>
>>15607350
I actually find the narrative pretty interesting. Mechanically the game offers a lot more than other games I've played. It's certainly one of the better roguelikes I've played and a bit more accessible as well.
>>
>>15607331
>>15607338
Weird. I really enjoy the game like the anon above. Whatever, opinions and so on.
>>
>>15608488
I think most of us do, /rlg/ is just here spewing nonsense.
>>
>>15608629
Not that anon but I was wondering what was going on. I've been lurking the Elona threads and these threads are relatively pleasant with good discussions and people that are actually helpful. Kinda makes sense if the posters are from /rlg/. That place is wretchedly awful. Instead of a general that talks about roguelikes and provides help it's a circlejerk about hating on every single roguelike that was and will be it seems. Fuck that cancerous hellhole. Please don't let these threads turn into them. A good game deserves a good thread.
>>
>>15607979
That's the thing: they're just as viable as any crap on the floor or anything from any vendor. Because there's no scale up for enchants based on content difficulty, you can get a superweapon of one-shot everything and let's ragnarok 5 seconds into the game just like you can get a crappy stick of break your fist against the opponent's face as a reward for beating the big Z. What I want to see is stronger (i.e. better effects) and more potent (i.e. the same effects at higher levels) enchants on drops from harder dungeons and quests.
>>
>>15608029
You chose to post at a really bad time, sorry. There's some really angry person here that's just choosing to cuss out everyone and ban-evading, I think as well. You're not a bad person or an idiot, please don't be put off by our general. It's not usually this bad.
>>
>>15608029
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Artifact_fusion
Educate yourself, retard.
>>
So I finally defeated Zeome. At level 41, would I be alright going straight into South Tyris or should I stay and grind the Void or something? First time I've gotten a character this far.
>>
Is there a reliable way to acquire glass equipment?

I dominated a military putit and really want it as my ranged pet. But even with a glass machine gun and bullets he gets like 1 turn for ever 2 of my pets.

In the long term I've heard there are ways to improve speed, but for now I'm just trying to find glass equipment and find monsters to gene engineer more body parts on him.

Should I just get a lot of scrolls of inferior/superior material and hope for glass?
>>
>>15609668
I think it's better to grind first. Beside, south tyris isn't as well developed so while it's worth a visit, don't expect to get much out of it, gameplay-wise.
>>
>>15609744
Scrolls of Inferior Material, I think. To be honest, I feel like a speed ring would better serve your purpose. If I recall correctly, the pyramid quest has one in a chest somewhere.
>>
Is there a specific way you're supposed to give NPCs love-potion drugged food? The adventurer I'm trying to drug won't accept any identified dish I give them, even ones that aren't drugged.
>>
>>15609860
Alright, cool. I just got the invitation for the pyramid from Derphy. Now just to find a reliable method of getting the right body parts.

I just found a spellbook of domination. So guess it's time to start grinding casting.
>>
>>15610133
Maybe you need to be 'friends' or better for that.
>>
>>15610229
I'm at fellow relationship with them. I'm pretty sure we're on good terms.
>>
>>15610377
Then maybe your impress score is too low. Impress goes down every time you speak with someone, among other things. You can always try to drop the spiked food near the adventurer and hope he steps on it, this apparently works too.
>>
I keep coming back to this game, starting a new character, and then give up. Help me enjoy Elona!
>>
>>15610439
Go play a good game instead. Don't fall for this trap, it's not worth it.
>>
>>15610449
If mankind were capable of making good decisions they would've attained enlightenment already. I want to fall for this trap.
>>
Ok, I have a scroll of flying that I wish to curse. How do I go about doing it?

I have a scrolls of curse, but I read one and nothing happened....
>>
>>15610563
Is the scroll of curse cursed?
>>
>>15610563
Easiest way to curse a single, specific item is to use a cursed potion of water.
>>
>>15610603
No, I think I know why absolutely nothing is happening now though. I forgot I just took the exorcist feat.
>>
>>15610642
discord is the definition of cancer. At least use irc.
>>
>>15610722
Ridiculous.
>>
>>15610676
Take off everything; absolutely everything. Put it all in a storage house. Press F1. Pick up the scroll of flying and the scrolls of curse. F1 again. Hotkey the scroll of curse and then watch the log until it says "scroll of flying turns black." If that doesn't happen before you run out of scrolls, F2.
>>
>>15609407
...and it has everything he was talking about. What's your problem faggot? It also says specifically you can craft the resists and what skill it uses. Retards calling other people retards. Nice.
>>
>>15609847
That's old news. Custom has translated a good deal of South Tyris including side quests and the main story. As for gameplay there's plenty of things to keep you occupied such as the chaos forts, dungeons are going to become filled with more interesting enemies at that level range you probably entered South Tyris, ability to buy a maid mansion, and more.
>>
>>15610449
Back to /v/ with you. I think I'll revisit Elona+ as well.
>>
>>15610449
Anon always says this when he sucks at the game and whenever I ask for what games he considered good I find he has shit taste.

I might as well check the wiki and see what this game is about.
>>
Ugh it's taking so long to outift my palace with magic vendors. I've been checked every 3-5 ingame days for like 7 real life days and I still only have 2. And I refresh the list 20-50 times each time. Worst grind in the game.
>>
>>15610874
Odd, I thought this was added to one of the pastebins. Well you probably ran into the house vendor bug. Elona draws from a list of vendors and if any of those vendors have the same name it won't show up for recruitment. To fix this simply rename the vendors you currently have in your house.

Then all you have to do is check the board every now and then. Eventually the board will have a new magic vendor.
>>
>>15610893
Oh...

So how do I rename them?
>>
>>15610937
Get near a vendor. Press i on your keyboard, lower case I, to interact with your vendor. Choose name to rename them.
>>
>>15610944
100 hours on this character and still learning things, woo
>>
>>15610944
Oh... duh. I've interacted and renamed all of my pets and still that didn't click haha.
>>
The game won't start for some reason. Anyone know what to do? I've tried changing the locale to japanese and I'm running it in compatibility mode.
>>
>>15611046
What Elona+ version and are you using Elona Custom? What did you download and what are you trying to open?
>>
>>15610642
Fuck back off to /vg/
>>
>>15610837
>Custom has translated a good deal of South Tyris including side quests and the main story.
That's not what I mean. Unless I missed something, over 90% of all gameplay-related features are in the first map, and south tyris only adds a handful of stuff (such as maid mansion, as you mention). You mention chaos forts but there are 3 on each map so you don't really "gain" access to them by going to south tyris; that is to say: the only real difference is the area effective levels (which in turn is a pretty good reason to stay in north tyris and grind for a while).

Even the towns are less meaningful/unique, and tend to otherwise mirror some of the north tyris ones, although there seem to be many less non-town areas to visit too.
>>
>>15611073
1.60fix, I'm also using custom, also the /jp/ map,little sister UI, item pack and monster girl spritesheet.
>>
>>15611075
Not him but I don't think he's from /vg/. He's probably from reddit. His intentions aren't bad though. Just wanted to set up something to replace the missing online chat of the game. Seems like there's a small group of people using IRC and maybe discord. I personally have no idea what both are like and am too busy playing the game to really chat at length with people.
>>
>>15611085
I don't know about that. The towns in South Tyris are pretty unique. You got a beach town and there's a turtle that takes you under the sea into the abyss. When you get off you're in this undersea castle. I thought that was pretty cool. You also have a military outpost and the remnants of a ruined city. That ruined city has a lot of history behind it. You also have a hot spring inn to visit and what looks like a refugee camp. It isn't until South Tyris that you learn more about the etherwind and the story takes some interesting turns. There's some interesting NPCs to meet and there's the hidden oblivion palace to check out. I like the underground casino in that one town as well.
>>
>>15611088
Use Elona+ 1.60fix and Elona Custom 1.60.1c without the mods and the spritesheet. See if that works. If it does then start troubleshooting your mods. Add the mods/spritesheet one at a time and test to see which of the mods is the offender. Also, I think it's said somewhere that you need to run Custom under windows 7 compatability or something. If the problem turns out to be the mod or spritesheet then we'll go from there but there may or may not be anything you can do considering those mods might need to be updated or something.
>>
Trying to make randomly downloaded sprites fit Elona's system is hell!
>>
>>15611088
remove map, ui, and item pack.

I had the same problem with the same mods. through process of elimination the only thing that was working on 1.60fix 1.60.1c custom was spritesheet.
>>
>>15611088
Open the .bmp files with paint and then save them as .bmp again, I had this same problem a few days ago when I started playing again.
>>
>>15611127
>>15611153
strange, I've just tried it, and the spritesheet doesn't work for me, along with the interface and items(map seems to work though),

The game works now at least, but that's pretty weird.
>>
>>15611164
>>15611165
oh, that fixed it, thanks anon.
>>
What is this "notable skill" thing?
>>
>>15611214
One skill you want to have at start.
>>
>>15611231
What should I pick as a Lich Wizard?
>>
>>15611236
Greater Evasion. You can't go wrong with Greater Evasion.
>>
>>15609247
The precious items you get from story quests tend to be better than most of the stuff I find randomly in dungeons. The story quests do scale in difficulty and you get some really good stuff later on. Other precious weapons that are powerful you actually have to kill powerful enemies or NPCs for. I actually think it's pretty cool though to be able to find a good item at the beginning of the game on the dungeon ground that you may or may not have to swap out later though. Since you can find good items regardless of what point you are in the game it kinda keeps me on my toes all the time to check items to see if they're better than what I have.

I think the power behind the enchants are fine as is. You can also further augment enchants later on with artifact fusion. Magical equipment is supposed to help you out but not be the main source of your power. The main source of your power should be your character and the skills he/she has built up.

Also thinking Ragnarok is a great enchant to have for fighting enemies is one of the oddest things I've heard. Hope you're not implying that it's good for fighting enemies. Ragnarok has its use outside of combat which I'll leave to the players to figure out but it's an obnoxious thing to have proc when you just to kill that one enemy that's running from you.
>>
>>15611307
Yeah and ragnarok will probably get you killed if you're just starting the game.
>>
>>15611307
Ragnarok is useless for fighting, I used it because it's an easily recognizable "strong" mod.

The best weapons I find are random sold stuff that go for way too cheap, can be obtained before finishing the cave, and shits on anything you can find on north tyris and a lot of south tyris things too.

Slowly amassing stronger equipment as part of grind does a lot to soften the repetitiveness, which is why I much prefer that format. Fixed and semi-fixed rewards never feel as good.
>>
>>15611324
I'm actually a fan of fixed rewards. I love seeing an item I want to get and making my character strong enough to be able to kill the enemy or do the quest. So satisfying for me. Kinda glad Elona has fixed rewards and RNG items you can find that can be good to appease all sorts of people.
>>
So anons, as someone who has been away for several months, do I have to re-download Elona Plus if I already have the older version installed? Or will Elona Custom already come with pre-patched versions of the Elona Plus files?
>>
>>15611419
You have to update E+ first.
>>
>>15611419
You want versions to match between Elona+ and Elona Custom for things to work properly. So you'll have to download the most up to date Elona+ and Elona Custom. Your saves from your old game should still work. Make sure your previous save isn't in a dungeon. Save inside a city or something. Just put your save in the Elona+ directory.
>>
>>15607350
You kinda have to keep killing stronger and stronger enemies. Staying on weak enemies is very inefficient in raising your skills and kills your AP gains so you will eventually have to put yourself in harms way. You need enemies to not die in one blow so you have more chances of raising skills/spell levels. On my character Kai it's a balance act of doing dungeons that provide enemies that are challenging enough to not die in one blow yet not too challenging in that I'm running for my life all the time or panicking. I also make use of a lot of strategies and tricks to keep my character alive such as rod of change creature to change a very threatening foe into a creature I can handle or walling myself up and funneling enemies to me to vs one at a time with dimensional fishing.

Implying this game is easy or devoid of difficulty, tatical or otherwise, is flat out wrong and I've survived as long as I have in Inferno mode by being careful, not taking on more than can handle, and employing the right strategies to deal with monsters. I've had plenty of close calls in the void and I've had a love/hate relationship with the "thrills' that place provides with the enemies I encounter.

For those that aren't too familiar with Inferno mode it's a mode with permadeath and any form of save scumming punishes you with a loss of -5 to Life, -5 to Mana, and -100 Karma. So pretty much you get a reduction to HP, MP, and you're branded a criminal with a big hole to climb out of to get back on good graces with the rest of the world. Multiple save scum attempts just piles on the penalties although -100 karma seems to be worse you can drop to. Improper exits of the game might tag you with the save scum penalty so you need to exit the game properly with the escape key. Any F1 or F2 shenanigans is punished.
>>
>>15611609
Yep, also alt F4ing out of the game in the hopes of avoiding death tags you with the save scum penalty.
>>
>>15611609
So you're saying save scumming is legalized but it's just an expensive always available escape ability? That ruins the point of playing with permadeath, which the high stakes.
>>
>>15611628
>That ruins the point of playing with permadeath, which the high stakes.
Exactly. If you savescum for real, don't call it an inferno character to begin with, it's not accurate.

Then again, to be fair, the game isn't really designed for inferno mode at all, there are significant large balance issues in that setting such as mobs that can one-shot you from across the map appearing if you're not lucky.
>>
>>15611627
The way it works is that when you load the file, the save data is modified to include the penalty. When the game is saved properly, that penalty is removed in one way or another.
>>
>>15611628
I don't make light of the save scum penalty. That -5 to life and -5 mana penalty is horrible since it affects your max HP and max MP. Most characters only have 100 in life and mana. You can't even farm hero cheese or magic fruit until you're very far into the game anyhow and again the stacking of the penalty can be atrocious.

Also when you do load your game that's wherever you last saved at. If that just so happens to be on the boss that killed you chances are he's still going to kill you. Then there's the chance your save is a long time ago meaning you just lost all that progress. Then there's the fact that no matter what you do you might encounter an enemy that is incredibly strong and can take you out before you can react and then your save is gone. Mercifully this hasn't happened yet to me but I know it's possible so I'm ever vigilant and gauging the enemies I'm fighting. As I keep pushing the void the chance of a surpise you're dead thing happening goes up so I view it as high stakes.
>>
>>15611649
Well I haven't ran into any mobs that can one shot me with Kai...kinda makes sense since my character is still around. I've avoided such a thing by being careful with what enemies I fight and what void floors I do. That is strategy in itself as I do a balance act of fighting enemies that give me exp to my character and skills while not sweating too much that my character's life is in danger. The threats I'm more on the look out for are stuff that piles on and shuts down my abilities. Sure I can handle one enemy that silences me but what if I have one enemy that silences me, another that causes insanity, and yet another one that summons more monsters in or if you're that crab enemy summons the entire dungeon level to its spot. That is a nightmare situation because the enemies can take me apart brick by brick. I've done my best so far to avoid those situations or to battle enemies ideally one on one or in small numbers but in cases where I can't I think have to rely on other methods at my disposal such as rods, special actions, etc.

The game can be played on Inferno and the other difficulties. I don't see a balance issue. You just need to be more careful and more patient. Patience is especially stressed if you play on Natural mode where you can't kill dogs and cats without your karma tanking. Got to actually lay off your hotkeys and pay attention. Again, those modes can be done and yeah I'm having fun with Inferno just because not only am I happy seeing my character progress but it's an accomplishment that my character gets to fight another day after a session of grind. If I die I doubt it will be because of the game but my own damn fault. Especially considering how far I've come.
>>
>>15611742
That's pointless to even discuss "muh strategy" when a fucking mitra can appear in puppy cave. I know some high-level angel derivatives can also appear in other low-level dungeons. There's no "picking your fights" when it can kill you in one shot and you can't even see it exists.

Probably, the further along you are, the less likely you are to see such a massive level difference for spawns v.s. floor level so once you're past the initial hurdle it becomes more normal, but that doesn't change the fact that there's a lot of bad balance, and there are probably a lot of cases where you would normally have to rely on external information (or pure cheese), if it were available at all (alternatively: playing the game in non-inferno first for long enough).
>>
>>15611895
I didn't do dungeons with Kai when I started the game. I did job board quests. A much much better way to earn gold and to stay safe early on. I mostly did protection escort quests that were short distance. Once I got gold I bought some gear, used plat to learn skills, and then I went on to do harvesting quests. Learned mining and raised my constitution and after doing all these job board quests my levels raised and I put points into my MA skill. Once I felt I was strong enough I started doing dungeons.

Yes, it's actually strategy to put off going into dungeons and choosing an alternative way at making yourself stronger. Afterawhile I was able to collect enough ancient books from dungeons to join the mage guild and you can increase your power considerably outside of dungeons using spells because the attack spells, especially spells like magic storm, fireball, etc don't even require an enemy.

Now if I didn't want to go down the spell route I could of just kept doing job board quests and low level dungeons for gold to fund investing in magic vendors which would of been my next step anyhow for potions of potential and scrolls of gain material. Dungeon resource spawns and those scrolls allowed me to level up alchemy and make my own potions of potential.

There are many ways to approach a problem in this game if you think about it. There's also multiple ways to make yourself stronger in the game without actually setting foot in a dungeon until you're good and ready for it. I've been boosting my levels by 200 or so like every two weeks through wonder scroll farming. No danger in doing that. Another strategy that I've been doing that is increasing my power while keeping safe.

I personally have never run into enemies that were out of the level zone but if I did, again as I said above in my other post, I'd use either a rod of change creature or a potion of mutation which you can buy off a magic vendor to change the creature into something much easier. If things got really bad I could just cast return or read a scroll of return to get out of there. Maybe teleport around if I had to until the return spell triggered or just keep teleporting the monster around. Those are some of my strategies I'd employ for that.
>>
>>15611895
>>15607350

I'm laughing my ass off at seeing these posts get BTFO. What the fuck happened while away? So much crap being spouted out by people that probably haven't gotten that far in the game.
>>
>>15611954
>it's strategy to not enter a level 5 dungeon because there might be a level 405 spawn and instead take on a mission full of level 10+ enemies because the spawnrate isn't fucked due to horrible game balance
>it's not a balance issue though
Huh... really makes you think...
>>
>>15612029
I also have no idea what you're talking about. I've never ran into a lv 400 enemy in the puppy caves or my level 5-20 dungeons that seem to be spawning for me. Are you ok anon? Although, if you actually stick around to fight something you're not able to fight why the hell would you not run? Instead you feel justified in being an idiot and dying to it to complain on an anon board? For fucks sake use your head anon and stop blaming the game for your idiocy and acting like a fucking baby. To add to what Kai has said you could just run off the map, head up stairs, and purposely fail the quest if you have to. Big deal about the fame loss you can make it up.
>>
>>15612029
Yeah I don't quite believe this either. I spend a lot of time stealing trees in the wilderness to raise my pickpocket skill with my thief. I also tend to just stay around on floor levels training meditation.

All the monsters that did come by just sticking around in the place for awhile were enemies I had met before if I hadn't met before, were enemies I cross referenced with the wiki and saw that they were still kinda in my level range.

Hold up are you that level one guy with 10 gold bells? If you are you kinda brought it upon yourself to get one shotted. You are level one after all.

If you are getting one shotted by enemies you probably need to check your resists and get better gear.
>>
Are there any monsters out there that I can gene engineer dual wield onto?
>>
>>15612168
Yes.
>>
>>15612029
I haven't had any monsters show up that was as incredibly high leveled as you state for my low level character. I had some difficult monsters show up every now and then but nothing that I would say I couldn't deal with if I wasn't running low on supplies. Had to run away from one encounter but hey, life's not fair and I guess doubly so in Elona.
>>
>>15611609

>close calls
>in a """"game"""" like Elona

ahahaha just walk away, use an escape scroll and wall yourself my man it will always work hahahaha
>>
>>15612029
Makes me think you're a shitposter that should go back to /rlg/ or /v/. You'd be right at home with all the others.
>>
>>15612292
Not him but close calls can happen. For instance there was a time where I was silenced and couldn't teleport or wall myself in to escape enemies. Couldn't heal myself either and was surrounded by the summons of a pinchief. I barely made it out of that fight alive because I had a nice stack of healing potions on me. Had some of my sword strikes have missed and ran out of potions I would of died.

It really isn't that hard to imagine other bad shit that can happen. Some of the things you meet later on in the game look like it was made to fuck you over. I'd hate to imagine fighting a ton of those cthulu like creatures. Become insane and lose all control of your character and by the time you get control back you're probably close to dying or just have enough time to choose where to die.

Also don't know what the heck you're trying to infer with "game". Elona most definitely is a game. Definitely has all the traits of one and more gameplay that some other games out there where I just watch cutscene after cutscene after cutscene.
>>
>>15612321
No kidding. I played some of newer metal gear games and was disappointed. Played cataclysm dda after and enjoyed it but endgame didn't have much for me to do and grind towards. Picked up this game and I'm enjoying it. Looks like I'll be here for awhile. So much to do and grind for. Yes I love grinding. In before someone cries about grind.
>>
Is there any point in blessing my herbed food? Like does it increase stat gains or just make it more filling?
>>
>>15612321

>silenced
>letting your holy veil level be abysmal compared to the monster lvl you plan to fight/grind
>worried about insanity inducing monsters because his damage skills and planning in general are both shit

I'm talking about non-braindead players anon. Non-braindead in the sense of players who shut all of their elemental weaknesses either by equipment or buffs as much as possible, secure as much spell stocks they could afford if they're in early game, planning really carefully on how to kill this certain mob they have absolute zero means of killing by normal means, listing all mobs that can apply status effects that their PC won't like and so on and so forth.

One could even say it's absolutely impossible (0%) to get into a close call situation especially in endgame where your options for playing safe while still progressing real fast is practically endless. The only reason most people deny this is because they want/need to risk so it becomes fun for them for whatever reason, like Kai right now. He's doing all that unnecessary strolling in the Void in Inferno mode no less just to get literally what? AP? When AP is literally not necessary even for the most advanced of tricks
>>
>>15612532
It seems he's getting AP for bonus skill points. Which is actually really helpful for increasing skills as every little bit helps. Also the void is maybe the only place to level up skills when they're in the 1000 range like his martial art skill is. He needs to fight powerful enemies after all and the void give that so it makes sense for him to be down there. I have to admit Kai's build is very cool. I might try it one of these days.

Anon you also have to keep in mind that not everyone has piles of scrolls of attribute lying around. That takes awhile to build up and the anon you replied to might not be there yet.
>>
>>15612524
I think I heard blessing food only makes it more filling. Doesn't do much of anything else. It's possible blessing might not even do anything at all.
>>
>>15612569
Figured as much, thanks. Now I can stop wasting my water.
>>
File: lw.jpg (133KB, 588x393px) Image search: [Google]
lw.jpg
133KB, 588x393px
This is my first living weapon, could anyone give me advice on:
- what have I fucked up until now?
- what should I choose for subsequent level-ups?
- general tips for other playthroughs (if any)?

I still don't really know what I'm really doing so any info is welcome.
>>
>>15612874
To get the most enchants on a living weapon you want to use artifact fusion first and then level up the sword. If you couldn't do that oh well. Maybe do that on your next weapon. It looks like you're making a rainbow living weapon considering it does various element damage. I have rainbow weapons on my dual wet pet for Kai. You can continue on that path and that should do decent damage.

In the future you may want to just pile on all your enchants onto to magic damage. In theory it might do more damage than a rainbow living weapon but nobody really has done the whole nine yards with artifact fusion and leveling. Or at least, hasn't shown what the damage looks like for it that I know of anyhow. It's up to you if you want to do that in the future but just letting you know about it.

Above is for using a living weapon for damage. Alternatively you can just put all sorts of resists on your weapon. Living weapons all full of resists in your hand slots and shoot slot using artifact fusion and levels combined with godly level armor pieces full of resists from artifact fusion will make you incredibly tanky to spells and other effects.

You can go down that path in the future if you want as well.
>>
>>15612912
>dual wet
lol I mean dual wield. I really need to get some sleep. Was just taking one last look at the thread before I went to bed.
>>
>>15612912
Thank you, I'll do as you say if I manage to get my hands on another living weapon. To be honest, I took a long break from Elona and completely forgot to check the current state of artifact fusion. I genuinely forgot it might be a completed feature.
>>
File: no kumiromi.png (256KB, 806x632px) Image search: [Google]
no kumiromi.png
256KB, 806x632px
what are the keywords for wish the "statue of kumiromi"? I even tryed the "kumiromi scissors" but failed :(
>>
>>15613287
Can't wish for precious items, so no statues, no scissors.
>>
>>15613292
well, thanks for the info
>>
Is there a way to see the HP of necromancy minions? The stethoscope doesn't work.
>>
>>15613287
Your best bet would be to turn in Little Sisters to get more copies of the statue.
>>
Hello does anyone have cool body sprites for Elona?
>>
what is this spell practice thing? Is it worth it?
>>
>>15613722
It trains all spells from the category without using any spell stocks. Also trains magic/willpower like crazy.
>>
>>15612168
If you want dual-wield, just carry your gene machine to derphy and combine slaves into your pet.
>>
>>15613682
elonauploader; link is in the mods pastebin.
>>
>>15614066
Thanks. By the way how do I highlight a skill so I can always see its level?
>>
Can big daddies spawn in the void?
>>
>>15614686
Nope, nor in puppy cave.
>>
I just got to Act3 for my first time. Is there anything that is now unlocked that I should know about, besides artifact fusion and now I can raise my speed higher via AP?
>>
>>15612532
Are you that anon that's complaining about difficulty? For fucks sakes anon, if you want the game to be hard up the difficulty or actually risk going to the dungeons higher than yourself like you say or stay in your little gay hole and grind. If you choose to stay in your little gay hole like a pussy you really don't have a right to complain about difficulty or even say the game is horribly balanced in difficulty. The fact that you can choose your own pacing of the game is a good thing you twat. Hope to god you're not the anon that's complaining there's no strategy. You just admitted you use a couple.

Now if you're not the anon that's complaining about difficulty or the game having no strategy please ignore the above.
>>
>>15614991
800 speed from Leold I think is the cap once you get to Act3.
>>
>>15614394
Highlight the skill you want to track on your character sheet and press asterisk (*).
>>
>>15615415
I already quit Elona by the time I read this post. This game is too hard.
>>
>>15615424
Is this your first rogue-like? It takes time to get used to them. Switching to Elona from other titles (e.g. ADoM, preferably the old ASCII version) is much easier than learning it on its own.
>>
>>15615450
Yeah, because those are even less comprehensible and even more punishing to someone who never saw such a game before.
>>
>>15615450
I've played and won many roguelikes, but Elona has a special brand of tedium to it that I've never seen in any other roguelike, I could only compare it to harvest moon/rune factory type games. I've managed to familiarize myself with the game mechanics enough to understand how to "solve" Elona to an extent, but realizing just how much grind it would take has put me off.
>>
>>15615466
Precisely.

>>15615467
Yeah, Elona is grindy. It's better to give up early if it isn't your cup of tea.
>>
>>15615467
Did you actually quit or Elona or are you just taking a break? I tend to play Elona in bursts and then after I've had my fill I switch to another game or something else. After awhile I get that urge to play Elona again and I just continue where I left off. I've gotten pretty far this way and I kinda like this arrangement. Elona has a ton of content so I don't see myself ever really quitting Elona and shelving it permanently because of it but I can see the game exhausting people. What's great is that when I do get that urge to play more patches have come out leading to even more content to experience. I guess the ride never ends here.
>>
>>15615467
Probably because it has a persistent overworld? Instead of grinding the same skills 100 times across 100 different characters, it's the same character 1000 times.
Personally I'd have never noticed Elona if it was 100% dungeon delving.
>>
>>15615502
I might come back to it. I'm enjoying reading the wiki and learning all the tricks more than playing the game.
>>
>>15615525
Careful with what you read on the wiki. While some of its stuff is accurate and reliable some parts of it now has outdated information that may lead to wrong conclusions. It's a bit of an understatement that the wiki needs to be updated and hopefully better organized.
>>
>>15612292
>>15612532

Not the original people you were replying to but no that doesn't always work. Bosses have no problems smashing down walls or you'll get surrounded by enemies and can't move to throw up the walls anyways. You might be able to teleport but depending on the circumstances that might not be possible.

I think you're a bit too detached from realty to realize that not everyone that plays the game is an instant pro that knows everything about the game and knows every single monster in the game. Most of the time players don't even realize they're in danger until its too late.

You too were once a newb at the game and probably died like the rest of us when we first started. Lording over your advanced knowledge and patronizing other players is asinine.
>>
>>15610774
Alright. I did as you suggested, and decided to save scum my couple of curse scrolls to see what would happen.

So far either nothing happens, or it says my prayer nullified the curse. I guess I am out of luck until I find cursed bottles of water or a ton more scrolls of curse
>>
What good are sox? I've read post about them but nothing explains why they are sought after.

Also still curious about new stuff that opens up in Act 3. I just don't want to miss anything. So far I've got:
The new spellwriter
Artifact fusion
Increased speed up to 800 via AP
...anything else?
>>
>>15616279
The sox are for this quest which becomes repeatable.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_from_knight_level_150
>>
so i'm back to elona from idk how much time
what's new? is the chat up again?
>>
>>15616810
Can't really tell you what's new without knowing how long you've been gone.
>>
>>15616827
i´ve been here since the chat server shut down i believe
>>
>>15616840
Chat is still down. JDestroy was or still is trying to bring it back up but I have no idea on the progress of it. Could probably find his post somewhere on the Elona Wiki forums.

Casters got a nerf. Instead of a 2.5x damage multiplier it's now capped at 2x. Spell potential drops more upon leveling a spell.

There is now an alternative way to level spells through attending magic school classes. You can also now use your bonus skill points to level up spells.

A lot of fluff for pets has been added around the idea of more intimacy. More Act 3/story content has been developed with new NPCs and artifacts added. Martial Arts has been buffed and fixed. A whole new host of special actions have been introduced for the player to learn. Some of the feats have changed or have been removed. Elona Custom was created and has been worked on to provide better English translations, gameplay tweaks, better pet AI, and the ability to teach your pet new special actions and spells. Some new artifacts have also been introduced. Some new enemies have also been introduced. The amount you perceive it to be depends on when you left.

That's all that comes to mind but don't consider what I said as a complete list by any means. I'd suggest just checking the changelog and reading them yourself for details. It will be wise to do that in the future too if you ever take a break and come back.
>>
Sorry for the dumb question, but I customized and downloaded a PCC sheet on the looseleaf site, how do I go about actually being able to use it for my character?
>>
>>15617547
Go to your graphics folder and find the PCC folder. Drop your PCC into it and rename it pcc_body_x where x is some number you make up for it. Then go into the game and open up your character sheet by pressing c. Press p then go down to body and choose the number of your pcc.
>>
>>15617607
Very appreciated.
>>
>>15616279
Sophia's monthly quest for jewel tears in the library of Irva.
Killing the demigods for their special items.
A few unique weapons in the Cradle of Chaos because Ano routinely adds NPCs there for no reason.
Erystia has a few quests once you get far enough.
Various minor quests scattered around the continent, like the aliens and the dragon.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Quest_(Elona%2B)

None are "missable" in that sense, just overlookable.
>>
How do I give my little girl pickpocketing?
>>
>>15618239
Use the gene machine you get from the scientist quest in Port Kapul. Then go to the slave master in Derphy. Add one of the thieve's gene into your little girl to give her the pickpocket skill. You can only modify something that is +5 levels of your current gene engineer skill.

Get cooking skill from a nurse/rogue wizard from here too. It gives you potential if you eat it in the morning (Sleep at 9-11PM).
>>
>>15619547
Death.
>>
What do you guys spend your wish for whenever you get one in the late game?
>>
>>15619565
New Year's Gift.
>>
Where the HELL do I get nerve resist? If I get one shot from 95% again from neurofibroma or forced suicide i'm going to have a aneurysm.
>>
>>15619617
eat metal and get nerves of steel
>>
>>15615467
Elona is a "very japanese" roguelike.

Expecting anything else is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
>>
File: Fight.png (499KB, 803x584px) Image search: [Google]
Fight.png
499KB, 803x584px
Two drunkards duking it out
>>
If I have multiple downstairs in my house will it all lead to the same place? Is that place different where as if I put down an upstairs?
>>
>>15619565
With Kai I've been wishing for potions of descent and blessing them for level ups. I've also used my wishes to secure scrolls of grain attribute which is required for some artifact fusion. Nefia cores don't require the scrolls from a recall but adding resists will require them. Been using artifact fusion to create a nice resist set for my character with sound and mind being heavily focused on after I got everything else to superb. So far, haven't been dimmed by anything and I can face tank Yith creatures and not have my sanity/insanity counter change. Hope it will be enough to last for awhile until I might need even more for more stronger Yith I might encounter.

I know some other anons that have used it to get all the feats in the game through wishing for miromi. Eventually I'll finish getting all my feats too but yeah I haven't run out of the things to wish for considering I can always use more levels and more scrolls of gain attribute. Have to make resist sets for my pets too.

>>15619617
Nerve is a bit harder to build resists for because you're probably going to get it from the gear that you find. Unfortunately, that is really up to RNG and no static artifact comes to mind that I think you can get at your level.

What I would do is maybe start investing in blackmarket vendors and keeping an eye on their wares from time to time in hopes you find something with nerve resist. A substitute for getting nerve resist is maybe looking for something with magic resist. Magic resist primarily resists magic damage however it does provide a little damage resist to all other types as well. Certainly not as good as the real deal but still it's something.

If you're a caster I would look into joining the mage's guild and reserving books of attribution shield. Hopefully if you're a caster you've read and gotten stock of this spell. Attribution shield is a buff that provides resists to everything except pure magic I think. Spell gets stronger as you level it of course. I used that to fill out my gaps until I found what I need.

Do you have the tailoring skill and a sewing kit? Maybe you can make your own armor and if you get a good enough tailoring skill you might make miracle related stuff that might have nerve resist on it.

Nerve resist gear can be gotten from job board quests, treasure maps, treasure balls, chests, etc so keep your eyes open for them. If you're getting one shot by those hounds and fear you're getting put in that situation a lot you might want to hang back and level up your character some more. You get exp from leveling spells, leveling skills, or killing monsters so you can try leveling through less non life threatening means such as leveling buff spells, doing job board quests, managing your garden, creating things through carpentry, tailoring, alchemy, etc. Maybe work on your cooking too. That should get you some exp.
>>
>>15620809
>less non life threatening means
Just meant to say less life threatening means.

To add to what I said do you have a pet? If you get its relationship high enough, maybe fellow or above not sure about the exact level, your pet might make you stuff while you go to sleep. The gear you get from that might be good and might contain nerve resist.
>>
>>15617747
>A few unique weapons in the Cradle of Chaos because Ano routinely adds NPCs there for no reason.

I don't know. I think it's kind of neat to find NPCs in dungeons. Makes me feel like I'm not the only adventurer in the game. Likewise, finding asshole adventurers trying to murder the player for no reason but loot also makes sense unfortunately. That's what I imagine when I think of some of those random hostile NPCs.
>>
>>15620253
Yes, each downstairs on a floor leads to the same basement, or second floor. Each downstairs in a basement leads to the second basement, and so on.

You can have 8-9 floors total, I forget how many. Each floor can hold the same number of items as your current main floor can.

You can have numerous "basements", but only 1 second floor.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Your_Home
>>
>>15620809
I didn't know about Attribution Shield, thanks for the tip.
>>
>>15620222
Will they fight to the death?
>>
File: cg.jpg (258KB, 1286x797px) Image search: [Google]
cg.jpg
258KB, 1286x797px
What exactly is the point of this?
It doesn't raise friendship points.
>>
>>15622943
Who cares about points, just look how happy she is.
>>
>>15622943
>Jamal-kun
from what I know, there is no point besides having another way to interact with your pets.
>>
>>15622943
What is that anyways?
>>
>>15622943
It helps raise pet gauge. The happier the pet the faster the gauge raises every turn they take. The happiness hearts seem to reset when you go to sleep though. Might want to read the changelogs if you want to know more.
>>
>>15622700
They did.

Yacatect kills Luluwy.
Luluwy becomes Devastate Luluwy.
Devastate Luluwy kills Yacatect.
Yacatect becomes Hyper Yacatect.

Hyper Yacatect and Devastate Luluwy then forget their little brawl and decides to team-up and one-shot me and every member of my household.

... Guess its time to load an earlier save.
>>
>>15623217
Damn. Wonder what Lulwy or Yacatect said to the other to come to blows and wreck your house.
>>
>>15623217
Guess it would've been too easy to get god items otherwise.
>>
Are growth-disturbing items still useful?
>>
>>15623588
If you wanna make a max slot mutant, sure, otherwise I don't see why you'd use it.
>>
I'll make a thread in 20-30 minutes after this one falls off the catalog, y'all.
Thread posts: 383
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.