[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Extra so boooooooooooooooring? When does it end?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

Why is Extra so boooooooooooooooring?

When does it end?
>>
By the time you finish Alternative you'll WISH you were still in Extra.
>>
>>15559369
You haven't even hit Lacrosse yet.

Suffer through it until you finish Sumika and Meiya's routes, trust me it makes the rest of it so much better for many reasons.

>>15559415
But by the time he finishes Alternative, he will be.Sort of.
>>
Tama's route is the only one that's half-decent as a standalone.
>>
>>15559424
It's just not the same ;_;
>>
>>15559369
I liked Extra until the Lacrosse stuff happened but it's not unbearable.
>>
Why does extra get so much hate? At least its somewhat amusing at times. x1000 better than yuuko technobabble for an hour
>>
>>15559846
I liked Yuuko technobabble...
>>
>>15559853
Me too. Her seiyuu is great.
>>
>>15559846
Extra is great except for the massive slog that is the lacrosse arc.
>>
>>15559846
Because so many people came in expecting a chuunige because they were spoiled about Unlimited and they got a comedy.
>>
>>15559951
I didn't even know what Unlimited and Alternative were about when I started Extra. It was a blast. It's all about your expectations.
>>
>>15559369
Approximately 8 hours for Extra, and then around 15-20 for Unlimited. So its fairly short by vn standards.

Besides, if you're waiting for the new Alternative to come out, then you have a few months to read this. Just sit through 30 minutes every few days if its that boring for you.
>>
>>15560001
That's what I meant. You weren't promised FIGHTING AND EXPLOSIONS so you weren't waiting for the so-called "good part".
>>
>>15560018
>new Alternative
What will it have?
>>
File: hotaru.jpg (32KB, 375x344px) Image search: [Google]
hotaru.jpg
32KB, 375x344px
>>15560265
steam achievements
>>
>>15560267
You're not even kidding
>>
>>15560265
Greatly improved translation. Higher resolution. Cleaned up sprites. Also probably improved fight scenes.
>>
>>15560285
>They'll never redub the intro
Or maybe they will???
>>
>>15560315
They announced that they will during the kickstarter campaign.
>>
>>15560321
I hope they leave the original in as optional.
>>
>>15560321
I'm going to miss that engrish intro tho. Was too good.
>>
>>15560415
They will. Also announced.
>>
Extra is pretty bad and I don't feel bad for telling people to just speed through it. I'm still waiting for the 18+ patch to play through the new release.

Also I heard that they took out this song in the new release.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e1VzG_qWRE

does anybody know what they replaced it with?
>>
>>15560676
not sure of the name of the new song, but I think its from schwarzesmarken?

They replaced it because they didn't want to face any possible copyright trouble in the US. So its a possibility that they will also replace the Assault Landing ost https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEXATrKzt9M
from Alternative since its a homage to the Klendathu Drop ost in Starship Troopers.
>>
Visual novels are boring.
>>
>>15560719

>Replacing Assault Landing

That would suck so much ass. That was one of the best songs in the series.
>>
Extra and Unlimited was boring as fuck.
>>
>>15561948
Required reading. Unlimited was great though, you're fucking ejected out of your safe happy harem and into a weird ass hell. You're just starting to get fucking used to it and then Alternative happens. I think of both of them as more the same game and less as separate parts.
>>
>>15561948

Not liking Extra is understandable if you don't have a ferocious Marimo fetish just begging to be satiated with her drunken antics. It's boring harem shit.

However, not liking Unlimited is evidence of exceeding shit taste. Watching Takeru get put in a new world, learning about it alongside the viewer, rebuilding friendships with familiar characters in a different context, and especially seeing the great build up of the BETA was fucking awesome.
>>
man I got pretty far in altewrnative and because of pc issues I lost all my saves and the game got corrupted, I really want to finish it but every time I sit down to get it set up I get distracted.
>>
So I read trough all of MuvLuv and honestly found it to be a pretty mediocre story, with a lot of scenes just being straight up bad. My main complaints are that it was extremly predictable, relied overly on long monologues to emotionally impact the reader and the way it presented itself as a serious story while at the same time having an overpowered protagonist and excessive sexualization.
Could anyone explain what makes it good?
Considering it is so extremly popular it must have something good going on. Not trting to start a fight or anything, but I just want to wrap my mind around the extreme popularity of what I percieved to be a somewhat bad series.
>>
>>15563614
Its okay to not like things.
>>
>>15563614
You just are in the minority that didn't like the series. It's impossible to have something universally praised.
>>
Man, Muv Luv is so bad...
>>
>>15559369

Extra was the best part of Muv-Luv.
>>
/jp/ how do I work up the attention soan for visual novels again? I was able to read them when I was a kid but now all I can do is watch endless streams of anime

Im up to 400 now...........
>>
File: muv luv extra.jpg (85KB, 712x480px) Image search: [Google]
muv luv extra.jpg
85KB, 712x480px
>>
>>15576158
Desu pls go.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.