[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thunderbolt Fantasy 東離劍遊記

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: PicsArt_02-05-06.12.35.jpg (178KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_02-05-06.12.35.jpg
178KB, 1920x1080px
https://youtu.be/THpgz6XcJfM
This is an upcoming series with Japanese scripts, voice acting and Taiwanese hand puppets.
What do you think ?
>>
File: 151.jpg (127KB, 680x454px) Image search: [Google]
151.jpg
127KB, 680x454px
the puppets
>>
File: TeaAutomatAndMechanism.jpg (461KB, 596x575px) Image search: [Google]
TeaAutomatAndMechanism.jpg
461KB, 596x575px
Interesting idea, but I can't avoid thinking of Team America: World Police while watching it.
There's something almost magical about those old Karakuri puppets, so I guess this is almost like a modern interpretation of them.
>>
TAIWAN NO.1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>15505865
Reminds me of Thunderbirds, a similar series.
>>
I remember Taiwan hav a wuxia puppet show. Their puppetry is pretty amazing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b82hiykuOg8
>>
>tfw when you cut your own head off to transport your memories to your boss
>>
>>15507540
>Nitroplus

What?
>>
2spooky
2many cuts
>>
I want to fuck that puppet.
>>
>>15507795
If I controlled a puppet and did VA while another /jp/ fucks it, would that be considered gay?
>>
>>15507675
Butcher is directing this show.
>>
>>15507809
I thought he was just writing it
>>
Kinda creepy
>>
>>>/a/
??
>>
>>15510182
What's with you people who try to limit the range of topics on /jp/ as much as possible?

Do you just see it as a containment board that should die when inevitably there are no longer enough interested people to maintain a 2hu community?
>>
Saw the first ep. It's actually quite nice. Most of the fast cuts are in the action scenes of course. Though it's confusing to me that they are speaking in Japanese while the subtitles gives them Chinese names so I'm not sure exactly where this world they're in is.
>>
https://youtu.be/05fgFAQ6kTQ

Some behind-the-scenes stuff about this show.
>>
>>15510182
>??
We already got kicked out from there. Hate to say it, but here we are. We are not here by choice, we would prefer to be in /a/. Lets get along.
>>
I'm gonna give it a shot after I'm done watching 91 days, some gifs have sold me on it.
>>
File: kawamoto1994book.gif (92KB, 302x427px) Image search: [Google]
kawamoto1994book.gif
92KB, 302x427px
>>15510182
Hello I am the resident puppet otaku of /jp/

Japan has quite the history of puppet shows, both in old times and modern. You don't see much of it these days but a generation ago and in post-war Japan, puppet animation was quite common on TV.

If you are interested, I would recommend the work of Kihachiro Kawamoto, a famous Japanese puppet animator. You can get torrents of a collection of his short films from the usual anime torrent sites like bakabt.
>>
>>15514326
I don't mind it. It seems pretty novel and at least it's not another idol general.
You're not going to turn this into an idol general based around a puppet group, are you? Don't lie to /jp/.
>>
>>15514493
>I don't mind it. It seems pretty novel and at least it's not another idol general.
>You're not going to turn this into an idol general based around a puppet group, are you? Don't lie to /jp/.
There is only a few female puppets. I think your main problem would be fujos shlicking to the male voice actors.
>>
>>15514352
I love it. This show fills a Garo-shaped hole in my heart.
>>
>>15514863
But the script and voice acting is apparently Japanese, right?

That's like saying modern anime isn't a part of Japanese otaku culture because it's all animated in Korea
>>
I enjoyed the whole ep a lot more than I should have. Got me nostalgic of my TTRPG sessions about the Qing universe. I can say for sure I'm going to keep watching this.
>>
>>15507804
>If I controlled a puppet and did VA while another /jp/ fucks it, would that be considered gay?
I think the question would apply more for the original Taiwanese audio, where the female puppets are voiced by men.
>>
>>15505865
I have Taiwanese friends and have visited Taiwan with them before so I was already aware of Taiwanese puppetry.

When I heard JP was doing a joint production I was immediately on board.
>>
>>15514424
Thanks, do you know any good sources about Hoteigeki? It's the name for the taiwanese puppet performances that Pili is known for.
>>
>>15514424
Thunderbolt is different though, it's not stop-motion like the stuff Kawamoto or Okamoto did.
>>
When new episode.
>>
>>15529045
In a couple of days.
>>
>>15529045
>When new episode.
Friday night in Japan time. About 25 hours after this post.
>>
File: 1468070451554.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468070451554.webm
2MB, 853x480px
Pretty good. It reminded me of those cheesy old martial arts shows that were re-dubbed and that's great.
>>
Looks like /a/ lost another Thunderbolt Fantasy thread to a mod. Guess it is one particular mod that has a problem as it was up for a whole day yesterday.
>>
>>15539275
That's great, could you keep your drama back on your home board or take it to /qa/ and not shit up this thread?
>>
>>15539275
I was enjoying that too.
I guess puppets won't be accepted anywhere on 4chan.
>>
>>15539284
>That's great, could you keep your drama back on your home board or take it to /qa/ and not shit up this thread?
It's not like I was interrupting anything, we are all just waiting for the new episode due in... a little over 10 hours?
>>
File: Ibara-Hime matawa Nemuri-Hime.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ibara-Hime matawa Nemuri-Hime.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>15507721
Yeah, the amount of cuts is making me not want to watch it. It might be my association with more traditional puppet theater, but this is near-epileptic.
>>
Second ep had less cuts.
>>
Second ep didn't have enough cuts. I was almost able to comprehend what was happening.
>>
File: Shitposter enters thread.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Shitposter enters thread.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>15505865
Is there any place that I can get the original Chinese dub?
>>
>>15546443
Why? You wanna hear one guy voice everybody? If anything, Japan improved upon it.
>>
The feet from the OP is good.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.