[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the real Touhou's pls stand up?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 15

File: 1466001351933.jpg (224KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1466001351933.jpg
224KB, 1200x1500px
We discuss characters and their canon characteristics and the difference from their fandom characteristics.

how did this come to be?
>>
>>15401305
Alice is neither sides though, like most 2hus.
It doesn't help that the first eng patches of touhou games are fucking garbage.

It's quite known and ZUN said so various times that during the games 2hus go into smug bantz mode, just because they're smug pieces of shit there it doesn't really mean that's all there's to them. Then again Alice is quite shady in the written works too.
>>
The nature of fandom takes it's course.
>>
File: 2hu canon.png (4MB, 600x6835px) Image search: [Google]
2hu canon.png
4MB, 600x6835px
>>15401305
>>
File: strange_and_bright_ch06_03.jpg (517KB, 824x1200px) Image search: [Google]
strange_and_bright_ch06_03.jpg
517KB, 824x1200px
>>15401329
She seemed nice enough when she met the three fairies.
>>
>>15401349
amazing
>>
>>15401305
Good job starting the thread with a troll image.
>>
File: 1457394439588.png (147KB, 405x327px) Image search: [Google]
1457394439588.png
147KB, 405x327px
>>15401349
>mfw those OC at the end

Also, I don't recall Sakuya protecting Marisa at all
>>
>>15402034
Touhou Walfas fandom. The autism of "Original Touhou Character do not steal" is too real.
>>
>>15402034
Marissa B's ending of ESoD has Sakuya hiding Marissa, who's still lounging around the SDM, from Remi. I forget if there's anything else with the two of them, but I seem to remember something in one of the manga.
>>
Ultimately half of the appeal for touhou is that these characters don't really have a huge canon personality and even those that are featured often in officially sanctioned works like Reimu can have their behaviors vary in significant ways. Weird or bad translations also have an effect on how the character can be perceived. They have general personalities sure but the appeal for most people I think is that it's very easy to think up your own personalities and character interactions for these characters. Whether it's good or bad is pretty subjective. That's what makes the franchise such good doujin material.

People love posting this Alice image but she's also canonically pretty nice, cheerful, lets people spend the night if they are lost, and even puts on shows using her dolls for large crowds according to PMSS. Being aggressive in battle mode just falls in line with the idea that she likes to fight.

Sometimes things are taken to a weird extreme by a large number of fans, yes, (i.e. Chen has intelligence beyond that of a small child), but it's tough to really nail down concrete personalities in every situation for many 2hus.
>>
>>15401349
Poor ZUN
>>
File: 1463861630462.jpg (497KB, 2000x1380px) Image search: [Google]
1463861630462.jpg
497KB, 2000x1380px
>>15401349
wtf, I love being a secondary now.
>>
File: 1458296910955.gif (1024KB, 242x227px) Image search: [Google]
1458296910955.gif
1024KB, 242x227px
>>15402047
>i'm darkangel, as you may have noticed i'm one of the few males in Gensokyo, *insert any 2hu* is my best friend since childhood
>>
The problem is that people want these hyperactive anime personalities where everyone is overly quirky and has exaggerated character traits, but in the world of 2hu 99% of the characters have a neutral alignment, aren't all buddy-buddy with each other, and mostly try to mind their own business.

But when people write fan-content they desire those ebin anime personalities so that they can write funny or lewd shit.
>>
remember when chen was a smartass and not ran's plushie
>>
I got into 2hu in 2011. There was time when I considered myself "primary" because I cleared all the games, read all print materials and interviews (except for CoLA, fuck that boring shit) and knew about all translation fuck ups. But now I don't even bother to respond if someone calls me a filthy secondary. Because maybe it's true.

This thread already shows 2 main problems with canon discussions:
People think that they know canon, but it's still only their interpretation and it may differ from other people's interpretations. For example I bet everyone will find something to argue with author of >>15401349 image.
The other problem is that people forget things. I bet everyone here played EoSD lots of time and 1cc'd it with MarisaB at least once. But how many of you remember its ending >>15402054? I forgot so many things that some anons who got into 2hu just few months ago probably know more about canon than I do.
>>
>>15401730

It proved that Zun was a filthy secondary when it turned out Alice does in fact make dolls of other characters like in fanon. Fucking secondaries.
>>
>>15402383
>except for CoLA, fuck that boring shit
confirmed massive secondary
>>
File: 22128747_p0.jpg (545KB, 800x1187px) Image search: [Google]
22128747_p0.jpg
545KB, 800x1187px
>>15401349
SakuyaXMarisa confirmed canon?
>>
>>15401349
That picture is just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, and using fucking walfas doesn't help taking his own fanwank seriously
>>
>>15402383
>CoLA, fuck that boring shit

Are you 12?
>>
>>15405622
>>15404704
I have a goal to read at least one book per month (and usually I read a lot more than that). And by book I mean real acclaimed literature, something written by a well-known writer. I'm pretty sure I've read a lot more than an average stupid faggot on this board. And I say that CoLA is exceptionally badly written. And extremely horrible amateurish translation doesn't help it too.

But as I said earlier it's true that I'm a massive secondary
>>
>>15406402
>well-known
Are you implying popularity and quality are positively correlated? They're not.
>>
>>15401305
Every single "lets laugh at the stupid fanon 2hus, post canon 2hus only"-type thread I ever saw was made by spergs angry that their head-canon isn't popular.

>>15402199
Pretty much this, desu senpai. Alice has a "canon personality" that stays coherent in the games and manga, but just like Reimu or Marisa, she's not easily reduced to an anime stereotype.

>>15402383
>everyone will find something to argue with author of >>15401349 image.
What in the dick is that thing about Yukari "waiting for the Hakurei line to die out?".
>>
>>15401349
>My characters are not lusty bimbos for you to marry, they are strong female characters with deep personalities and detailed backgrounds.

"Wonder if a Youkai would come out. Like in my room, or my workplace.
A shrine maiden is fine too."-ZUN
>>
>>15408193
>Pretty much this, desu senpai
Out.
>>
>>15401349
I don't understand how calling Byakuren "Youkai Jesus" is inaccurate. Did she not sacrifice herself for youkai only to eventually ressurect?

All Miko did was ruin her body trying to achieve immortality.
>>
File: SaBND_05_15.jpg (421KB, 728x1059px) Image search: [Google]
SaBND_05_15.jpg
421KB, 728x1059px
>>15401305
Wow I didn't think this old pic would still be posted considering how it gets called out on its bullshit each time.
>>
>>15410236
> Did she not sacrifice herself for youkai only to eventually ressurect?
Not at all. First she was a complete coward for turning into a youkai due to her fear of eventually dying of age. She was later sealed against her will for her being too much of a youkai apologist.
>>
>>15410254
Maybe I need to reread Byakuren's backstory, I don't remember any of this.
>>
>>15410245
Post the rest of the chapter, and then we will see.

Any who, the OP is just showing the extremes for each side.
>>
>>15410236
>All Miko did was ruin her body trying to achieve immortality.
Miko succeeded in achieving immortality, though.

Not only is Prince Shoutoku a seijin/shengren (the Confucian equivalent of a prophet or messiah), Miko is repeatedly compared to Jesus in-story. She even mentions the stories of Shoutoku being born in a stable, which she dismisses as the result of Christian influence.
>>
>>15410357
Her attitude never really screamed Christ-like to me so I didn't make the connection.
>>
>>15405558
add Sunny Milk to the yuri apron alliance
>>
>>15406402
He reads only 12 books a year.
Jesus christ.
>>
File: CLp9L9mUAAA5-Gl.jpg (81KB, 900x850px) Image search: [Google]
CLp9L9mUAAA5-Gl.jpg
81KB, 900x850px
I really like Space Jin's Kaguya.
>>
File: CKmbYnnUwAA9yOU.jpg (135KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
CKmbYnnUwAA9yOU.jpg
135KB, 900x800px
>>15411746
Smug as fuck.
>>
File: 4chan pokemon board.jpg (433KB, 960x930px) Image search: [Google]
4chan pokemon board.jpg
433KB, 960x930px
>PEOPLE ARGUE ABOUT A FUCKING VIDEOGAME FEATURING EXCLUSIVELY CUTE GIRLS

these people are surprised about fans doing whatever the fuck they want with the character personalities

jesus
>>
>>15402054
>>15402383
Except she doesn't actually "protect" Marisa, she teases her. Remi knows she's there, and Sakuya and her play along to tease Marisa. Marisa wasn't actually at risk of getting attacked by Remi.
>>
>>15425509
who quote?
>>
>>15401349
>Flandre: I´m not psychotic
>Psychosis refers to an abnormal condition of the mind described as involving a "loss of contact with reality". People with psychosis are described as psychotic. People experiencing psychosis may exhibit some personality changes and thought disorder. Depending on its severity, this may be accompanied by unusual or bizarre behavior, as well as difficulty with social interaction and impairment in carrying out daily life activities.
>It is stated that she isn't very good at talking to other people, and that has trouble understanding how weak regular humans are
probably the autor of this pic used the word psychotic while thinking it had the same meaning that psychopath or edgemaster
>Mokou: I´m only friends with keine because she helps protect me
>Protecting a fucking indestructible being
>"She was someone who knew a lot about the history of Gensokyo, and one of the few people who really understands me: the were-beast Keine Kamishirasawa." From Cage in Lunatic Runagate/Fourth Chapter
>yukari waiting for the Hakurei bloodline to die
Why would she want this? when was this stated?
this image names a few general misconceptions of fandom, but its not free of bullshit
>>
>>15401349
Hey I remember when this pic was first posted. People even sent a "corrected" version to the author, who was a pretty nice guy actually. His anwser was basically "I made this pic so that people look for what's actually canon instead of blindly spouting memes over and over, ironic that the only people who made the effort were you guys."
>>
>>15425509
Who are you quoting though?
>>
>>15402189
It annoys me more the fact that no matter what they were at the beginning, they end up as overpowered faggots.
>>
>>15410236
>>15410254
I'm pretty sure the "Jesus thing" was due to her wishing to instigate peace between youkai and humans, and also due to actually getting sealed for her actions towards youkai (she wasn't an apologist, she deceived tricked into thinking that she was exterminating youkai while she wasn't restraining or destroying them in any way, when this was found out she was suspected of plotting against humans and sealed away), not just due to the death and resurrection thing.
It's still a stupid comparison because Byakuren never claimed to be the daughter of God, nor that salvation would be acquired through her or the being she represents/is, or anything of the sort. Also, there is no connection whatsoever between being "youkai jesus" and difficulty with socializing, and the reason she doesn't drink isn't because of "intolerance for drinking".

I think the image should have focused on something else about Byakuren
>>
File: 1446636425680.png (148KB, 190x376px) Image search: [Google]
1446636425680.png
148KB, 190x376px
>>15401349
>I am Ran, and I'm a mathmetician
>I am Reisen and I'm the most emotionally realistic character in the series
>>
Okay so can we first of all make a list of the canon stuff? "RESPECT MUH CANON" autism like >>15401349 isn't actually convincing at all.
>>
>>15433030
Or we can just ignore retard secondaries...
>>
>>15433030
I'll start.
1) Reimu is an undead zombie
2) Marisa stole the precious thing
3) Sanae is a SLUT
4) Sakuya wears a drawn bra
5) Reisen is a useless bunny, only good for her sex appeal
>>
>>15433034
>>15433040
Hey, I'm trying to help. Don't latch onto the first person that displays some lack of knowledge, I don't play Touhou for the plot anyway, but if you are so willing to make a thread to put your "CANON ONLY" sign in the air while throwing a tantrum, might as well point out actual reference material at the same time.
>>
>>15433059
Haha, "CANON ONLY sign," that's hilarious.

Read the print works, kid.
>>
>>15433059
>>15433030
your Idea is even more ridiculous that the image that you are criticizing. a list of all canon things would be stupidly long and it wouldn´t avoid people from being autistic. is simply easier to point out misconceptions.
If you want to check the facts yourself, just read print works and remember what part is canon and what part is your headcanon.
> "RESPECT MUH CANON" autism like >>15401349 isn't actually convincing at all.
welcome to autismland, where we develop an autistic community hat proceeds to be autistic abut an autistic series (created by an autistic-but-maybe-not-so-autistic old man) to pass the time only to discuss what part of our autistic mental fantasies about an autistic series actually fits inside said autistic series´s canonicity . Don´t forget to have fun which I guess is the point of all of this. It would be a shame if you don´t do so while being in either of the autistic teams, in this autistic wasteland
>>
>>15433142
that*, about*
>>
>>15430619
>I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>15433006
Jesus never said that either, though.
>>
>>15401305
Canon Alice: A recluse who has a combination of a mother/god complex. She wishes to create a doll with a soul. In other words; create life. Which is *exactly* what Shinki can do to the point of Yumeko's title even calling her a doll.

Fanon Alice: Has a Marisa complex and is a Tsundere.
>>
>>15434453
But he did
>>
>>15434490
No, he didn't.
>>15434488
Those aren't mutually exclusive, senpai.
>>
>>15434517
>No, he didn't.
>Matthew 11,27: All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
>Marc 14: 61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
>62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
>63 Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?
>64 Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.
But we are going off topic
>>
>>15434449
Call that damage control if you want, but at least he acknowledged that there could be mistakes or poor wording in his comics, and that he was no authority on Touhou canon.
>>
>>15401349
Mokou isnt a people person no but she goes out of her way to help humans, whether it be if they are lost or if they are trying to get to EET, and listens to their problems if they want to talk. She just doesn't talk much herself

"I only use Keine for protection" seems incredibly cold-hearted when they often show up together in print works or in games. Seems like headcanon.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.