[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elona

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 445
Thread images: 71

File: By Koromo.jpg (165KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
By Koromo.jpg
165KB, 800x800px
Elona+ Custom 1.55(compatible only with Elona++1.55) General Information (for newer players): http://pastebin.com/Zcavai8x

Elona+ Custom 1.55 Mods: http://pastebin.com/vZ8Hfw6C

Does anyone have any interesting Elona pictures saved? What are your current goals for your character?
>>
File: 20.png (635KB, 1203x801px) Image search: [Google]
20.png
635KB, 1203x801px
>>14806719
I'm currently pushing up fishing so that I can collect materials for potion of potentials more reliably. I used to depend on magic vendors for those potions, but those whores won't stock them no matter how much I invest in them. They get one every now and then, but the stockrate really decreased since the last time I played Elona.
>>
File: 47092091_p0_master1200.jpg (935KB, 1200x862px) Image search: [Google]
47092091_p0_master1200.jpg
935KB, 1200x862px
>>14806719
>>
>>14806719
Finally.
I was too shy to make it miself.
>>
I'm trying to gene engineer pickpocketing to little girl, but thief seems to add only lock picking. What I'm doing wrong?
>>
>>14807144
Keep adding thiefs until you get pickpocketing.
If you don't want lockpicking for some reason, scroll of ally/monster ball/dominate some monster until you find one that give just pickpocketing.
>>
>>14807144
I think skills gained via gene-engineer have priorities. So if a donor has multiple skills the recipent doesn't have, then the donor gives them in a certain order. Give her lock picking and get another thief.
>>
>>14806719
>What are your current goals for your character?

To hire a damn magic vendor, I only got one and only one, I can't see to find any anymore despite months passing.
Am I just that unlucky or am I supposed to only have one magic vendor at home?
>>
>>14807218
I had the opportunity to hire a second one. Two should be possible.
>>
>>14807218
My palace got four, so at least four are possible.
>>
>>14807157
>>14807160
Second thief give her negotiation, and third doesn't seem to give any more skills.
>>
>>14807344
Try robber or higher level thiefs then. Maybe fairy too.
>>
>>14807344
Just checked, thieves aren't actually thieves but classless. Go figure.
Robbers are though, so they should have pickpocket.
>>
Is there any use to the caramel of termination aside fucking the map and yourself up?
>>
>>14807382
Pot of fusion has a recipe.
>>
File: 2946311.png (870KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2946311.png
870KB, 800x600px
>>14807354
>>14807375
Robber worked, thanks anons.
>>
My AIs are as follows:
Pet 1:

Distance > 1, Shadow Step

Player, buff, = holy shield , Cheer.

Distance = 1, Body Blow

Distance = 1, Melee

Distance > 1, Shadow Step.

Pet 2:

Distance > 1, Shadow Step

Distance = 1, Body blow

Distance > 1, Shadow-step.

Pet 1 is a dual-wielder and pet two is martial artist. Pet one is heads and shoulders more powerful than 2 at the moment. Are there any obvious mistakes I've made with the AIs that would prevent either pet from learning body blow at decent rates? Is body-blow useful for dual-wielders?
>>
With what did you replace the new monsters?
>>
>>14806995
Teach your pets fishing, then talk to them to get materials from them. You'll get more yggdrasil saps than you can use.
>>
Is magic damage in artifact fusion the multiplier for your spells or actual extra damage the weapon gets?

I want to build a living weapon for a pure meelee pet and I want the highest damage possible, I don't care about resistances. What should I put on the weapon then?
>>
File: 21.png (464KB, 1203x802px) Image search: [Google]
21.png
464KB, 1203x802px
>>14807738
Already done that, but I want to be capable as well. Right now I'm grinding AP again to get Hitomi to 500 speed. All the evolution hearts are waiting for her.
>>
>>14807144
Try Robber instead
>>
>>14807218
I had this problem too. Had to hire someone else then fire him to make a magic vendor pop up.
>>
>>14807748

it is extra damage that your weapon gets, it's a percentage of the physical damage you do with the weapon

magic, lightning, chaos, poison and sound are all good choices. Magic is the least resisted while those other elements have useful extra effects.

For sheer damage lightning probley does the highest damage due to the wet modifier's double lightning damage effect.
>>
File: Feb 21 2016.png (991KB, 1584x1344px) Image search: [Google]
Feb 21 2016.png
991KB, 1584x1344px
>>14803555
I've been using a slightly different character set
>>
File: 22.png (538KB, 1202x802px) Image search: [Google]
22.png
538KB, 1202x802px
I honestly don't know. I have seven league boots, maxed out life, mana, luck and stamina feats +2 more feats I haven't used for now. What should I get?
>>
>>14808453
I'll go for magic damage then.

What about piercing attack, is it worth to have one upgrade with that?
>>
>>14806995
>>14807738
Fishing helps farm in more hot water and angel tears for PP, but you need gardening for the sap of yaggdrasil, which are somewhat difficult to gather successfully from higher level dungeons. But until I taught all my pets both gardening and fishing combined with my skill, my supply of potential was never ending.
>>
>>14808549
Dom rod or Potion of potential
>>
>>14808634
I have multiple of those at home. I'm contemplating whether I should get a new years gift or not. It's a gamble.
>>
>>14808637
Astral light pen. Make a unique custom NPC -> Copy -> Role-play.
>>
>>14808646
>Astral light pen
Haven't seen one of those till now. I think I go with that.
>>
>>14808549
I always just wish for more "miromi". You can gain another feat if you have enough experience.
>>
>>14808651
Also Lost Irva is full of unique artifacts that can only be gotten with astral light pens so I think from now on you'd want those.

Maybe in the future said artifacts will be given through quests like some are being given already but who knows when.
>>
>>14808661
Yeah, but there are currently no feats which interest me and I still have 2 I haven't used yet.

>>14808662
We'll see. I think I will be dicking around in south tyris for a while.
>>
File: 23.png (596KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
23.png
596KB, 1200x803px
Fuck you too chest.
>>
Going off a subject of last thread, I bet item crafting quality is determined by character level as well as luck. Since it can't be determined by dungeon depth or enemy level, it must be by character level or at the very least character stats totals.
>>
>>14808934
Luck affects it since lucky day clearly increases the quality of the stuff made
>>
I got a second treasure of Ehekatl, does it increase the benefit of the first feat or is it useless?
>>
>>14808629
Which pet gives gardening when gene engineered?
>>
File: 2016-02-21_212211.png (865KB, 1264x798px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-21_212211.png
865KB, 1264x798px
Magic aside I have like half the stats of my valkyrie, wow blessed potions of body and spirit really give huge boosts to the stats of a {} pet.
>>
File: please.png (273KB, 799x596px) Image search: [Google]
please.png
273KB, 799x596px
>tfw you see it
>>
>>14809166
Try with farmers from Yowyn
>>
>>14809177
How do you get the pet profile? Mine just says 'secret' for all of them.
>>
>>14809177
>Healthy Gay
>>
>>14809190
The Abyss Princess in South Tyris can reroll your and your pet's profile
>>
>>14809200
Thanks
>>
>>14808549
Get a happy bed.
>>
>>14809177
Little Girl + Piledriver = Mass Destruction
>>
How do you gain weight?
>>
>>14809327
By playing Elona.
>>
>>14809327
Stop eating cursed foods and cook corpses, noodles and flours.
>>
>>14809327
Eat good food that fills you up in the game. You'll eventually gain weight.
>>
>>14809331
Eat dragons their corpses are heavy.
>>
File: club.png (357KB, 798x596px) Image search: [Google]
club.png
357KB, 798x596px
Eat or change material?
>>
Any way to remove spellcasting animations? I'm trying to spam some for training but the animations make me lose time
>>
>>14809503
If you're not a melee, then eat. If not, then change materials if you have nothing better.
>>
>>14809516
In the config there's something called anime or something. Just look there, it shouldn't be hard to find.
>>
File: shit.png (395KB, 793x598px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
395KB, 793x598px
>>14809525
Got this sword for a while but ### magic res makes me sick. It's too little to do something with it and too much to just throw it away.
>>
>>14809516

What >>14809530 is correct.
What you want to change in the config file is "anime_wait"

This will turn off a lot more animations than just spellcasting however.
>>
>>14809182
Do they actually throw treasure maps? I've never seen them throw any. It's always the mysterious map furniture item.
>>
>>14809530
>>14809613
Thanks
>>
>>14809621
I think it has some different sprite.
>>
>>14809644
Never mind it's the same. Hope it was a mysterious map then.
>>
File: void.png (2MB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
void.png
2MB, 1600x1201px
>>14808934
Were you the one asking me what my carpentry was in the previous thread? It's 246.

>>14806719
Currently training and farming AP for my pet Akeno in the void on lv 360. I finally found another insight lens after so long of being without one and I decided to take a sample of the kind of creature found at lv 360 of the void. I used the Draco Eques as a sample.

I wasn't too surprised about the attributes and skills but the part that interested me was the resists.

This particular monster is pretty resistant to spells but I still do fine down here with spells. My lv 949 magic storm did around 10k damage to this guy. Curious, I wanted to know how my lv 432 Element Scar affected this guys resist. It seemed to reduce some of the elemental resists down to Strong####. I casted my lv 605 Ice Ball and it did around 20k damage. My lv 429 Thunder Vortex is lagging behind my other spells due to stock but when I got the monster wet and cast it with Element Scar up it did 14k damage. So the conclusions to draw from this are elemental spells are good and the element scar spell is good. Level them up.

For those curious how guns do down there, the damage is very sporadic where as the damage I get for my spells is rather consistent . I can do around 5k to 25k of damage with the N97 cannon. A lot of it depends on getting a crit and triggering the N97 shining wave. Interlocking shooting mechanism also helps.

Currently Akeno has 362 tactics, 135 dual wield, and 186 long sword. She's currently dual wielding two lightsabers and does around 3-5k damage. I pretty much just soften up the enemies for her and let her get the kill for AP or I just tag her to me. Currently shoving all of Akeno's AP into tactics.
>>
File: 24.png (629KB, 1204x803px) Image search: [Google]
24.png
629KB, 1204x803px
Now I only need to beat up Estork for the god heart and I can evolve Exile.
>>
>>14809695
Yep, that was me.

In this thoroughly savescummed batch of lightsabers I made (in which I scored 2 living weapons after probably 2000 tries) my final results were:

31 good quality
14 great quality
14 miracle quality
3 godly quality

This is with the 777 luck lucky day, plus a base luck of under 150. I'm at level 137 right now also.

I also totally forgot that your luck is probably in the thousands by now, but I still don't think it's entirely luck that determines crafted item quality. If you have Ehekatl's luck decreasing item available, could you craft some lightsabers that way as testing so we can see your results?
>>
So I spent a while splitting sprites for a custom spritesheet. I had no idea how to combine all of them together so I just put them in the graphics folder like it said on the wiki.

The sprites didn't show in-game though and deleting the character sheet didn't help. All named correctly (chara_#). Help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
Someone was mention it in a previous threads but I didn't understand. What can be done with a godly ammo?
>>
>>14809794
I actually haven't spent any of my tickets on happy apples so I'm not sure of the effects of the luck attribute. When I got my two living light sabers I wasn't under the lucky day thing either. All in all, I just consider it player luck with the RNG system. For karmic balance I guess that's why I haven't ever seen an eternal force weapon. A more realistic explanation lies with the fact that I stopped really paying attention to weapons when I started to acquire static artifact weapons and only cared about miracle and higher armor for my pets. Kinda hard to find an eternal force weapon if you're not really looking for them.

Prior to Akeno I haven't really made lightsabers but used carpentry to create rods and murder CDs for artifact fusion. So about 700 hours in I decided to create light sabers for Akeno because I wanted her to dual wield. Every now and then I would create a batch of ten lightsabers. I probably made 50 lightsabers or a bit more before I got to the batch of ten that gave me two living light sabers. When I created the sabers I didn't save scum. I just accepted what I got and either deposited them in my shop or replaced Akeno's lightsaber for a stronger one.

Unfortunately, I don't have Ehekatl's luck decreasing item or for that matter, any of the gods special rewards except Itzpalts. When those rewards came into existence I already had gone through all the gods and haven't really tried to get any of them. I might in the future but not now.
>>
Isn't it so much easier to use Elosnack for your testing shenanigans?
>>
>>14810052
Get the most clean one you get, the fill it with whatever you want through artifact fusion
>>
[Changes and additions]
- Added 6 high-level members to the Shell race. Added 1 evolution pattern.
- Doubled the effectiveness of the passive ability from worshipping Mani.
The ability from Opatos has been made to affect more than physical damage.
Yacatect's ability will now also increase the drop rate of regular items.
Speed increase and speed cap for worshipping Lulwy also increased.
20% of max health added to formula for Prayer of Jure, but only for the player.
- Made it so that Mist of Silence effect will not show up even when out of sight.

[Fixes]
- Fixed some descriptions.

I think Ano buffed the other gods after people complained about Kumi's stamina regen being too OP.

>>14810052
Artifact fusion to add resists and stuff to it. I think the term they used was "resist stick"?
>>
>>14810101
>Added 1 evolution pattern.

Are these getting added on the wiki list or do we do not know what are the latests implemented evolutions? Not just this one, but all the others too.
>>
>>14810122
I don't know if anybody knows for sure, but someone on the english wiki added a gunfish evolution from 1.55.

There's no gunfish evolution on the official jp wiki, and it was also last updated December 12 last year. I guess someone on the english wiki is finding out by looking at the source code or something.
>>
>>14810101
Have we entered the stage of unapologetic power creep? First they buffed Kumi, and I said nothing because I wasn't a Kumislut. Then they buffed pets, and I said nothing because I didn't run with pets. Then they buffed all the gods, and there was no one left to speak for me.
>>
Is the monstergirl sprite sheet cannot be used in Custom 1.55.1? I'm getting an error.

HspError 13 WinError 0 Ver 2770 Mode 0
efId 0 efP 0 Area 0/0
ci 0#0 ti 0#0 cc 0#0 tc 0#0 rc 0#0
3. ctrlFile10 ct:0
2. del_userNpc ct:0
1. del_userTemp ct:0
0. userNpc_update ct:0
>>
>>14810219
Was the sprite sheet you downloaded through the pastebin? If so, it was just a stupid attempt to be intuitive with the custom NPC row by utilizing .png transparency.

I've uploaded the regular character.bmp, sorry about that.
>>
>>14810206
Pets were modified to feel more unique while still being useful, the evolution is a plain buff but I don't find it bad, specially since you won't evolve them early game anyway and I'm a sucker for evolving stuff in videogames.

Kumi got buffed because they made seeds more accessible because otherwise ironically enough he'd be more broken than he is right now.

I think the problem is the fact he gave the stamina regen ability instead of something else, now we got two paths, either nerf the stamina regene and deal with the constant shitposting from kumifags or buff everyone else.

Still I don't think we're into powercreep madness. Or so that looks to me as an Izpaltfag
>>
>>14810219
>>14810243
A quick fix to any failed chara sheet is to open it with paint and use "save as".
The new file will be elona proof.
>>
>>14809743
Estork should be EZ at lv67
>>
>>14810243
Yes, it was from there.
Had to do what anon said >>14810256 for it to work. Thanks /jp/.
>>
>>14810206
I think to be fair, Ano did nerf a lot of things, like trading and sandbagging. A recent nerf is the feather and holy shield - if you had those spell levels in the thousands, you'd be very badly affected. He also removed the classic cheese systems like wishing moongates and living weapon naming. Rods of wishing are also extremely hard to come by now.

The Jure buff may have come from a complaint from a guy who was doing a no-magic playthrough. He relied on the prayer for healing, and said that it didn't scale well at high levels. The argument he made was that a variety of play-styles should be possible.

In my opinion, the other gods were also pretty much useless at high levels. 10pp a month from Yacatect? Pfft. People don't even bother picking up skins and bones because they sell for nothing.
>>
>>14810206
I dunno. When I look at the changes the first thing that comes to mind is cool, Instead of everyone going Itzpalt or Kumi at the end we'll see a bit more diversity hopefully. I'm probably going to stay with Itzpalt though because I like absorb magic and the resists he gives me but I'm now curious about Mani. Are they referring to his passive that increases damage? So it's now 20% damage buff for all attacks? Also that Prayer of Jure looks interesting. I have a lot of HP now and Cure of Jua certainly doesn't take me up to full HP anymore.

As for the power creep, I don't know about the rest of you guys but I can use all the help I can get down here in the void. Hopefully these god buffs can help me out but as it is these buffs will only help me out slightly. Every bit counts though.
>>
>>14809695
Wait, interlocking shooting mechanism works for ranged? I thought it was only for melee (cause it appears on melee weapons)
>>
>>14810312
Interlocking -> triggered by ranged, found in meelee stuff
Proximity assist -> triggered by meelee, found in ranged stuff

Yeah, I guess you can see it as the equipment you have being semi-automatic and working alone while you using the other combat style.
>>
>>14810312
Yes. I've been using the Metal Wing of Vesda for my character.
>>
>>14810331
>>14810376
Damn didn't know that, thanks!
>>
Do god bonuses affect pets? Like if I converted a girl to Itzpalt, would she get the bonuses from being a worshipper?
>>
Is there any better use of Rabbit Tail than just eating it?
>>
>>14810604

I am pretty sure npcs of any kind do not recieve anything for worshipping a god, even those with the favor skill.
>>
What is gasoline for?
>>
File: werewolfs.png (1MB, 795x1791px) Image search: [Google]
werewolfs.png
1MB, 795x1791px
Look at this cunning demons. Was trying to get those shoes but when I was almost done werewolfs killed the elder.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (953KB, 1915x780px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
953KB, 1915x780px
just beat the game for the first time. now im in south tyris and im kinda lost. how do i grind for ap?any other places i should go before main quest?
>>
>>14811052
Kill stuff. The calculation is really convoluted, basically enemies stronger than a certain threshold give AP. That threshold increases based on your/your pet's BASE stats (stats they started out with, not earned over the course of the game) and how much AP you/your pet earned in the past (cumulative). The amount of AP you get from an enemy qualified to give AP depends on your/your pet's BASE speed vs their BASE speed, the higher their speed is, the more AP gained.

That's a really long way to say, kill strong stuff, then kill stronger stuff when those enemies don't give AP anymore, and kill fast things for faster AP gains
>>
File: maps.png (158KB, 883x317px) Image search: [Google]
maps.png
158KB, 883x317px
>>14809674
This is kinda retarded, but I compared the colours of the map on the ground to a treasure map from a vendor. Your map is dyed a slightly different colour, so it's a piece of furniture. I picked out two pixels and drew the circles top right - you can paint bucket it or check the RGB values to be sure.
>>
>>14811262
You're right it's different.
>>
Dunno if it's causing it, but when I get my pet to cast holy shield through custom AI, the game crashes. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
>>
>clear main quest
>get to ST
>reroll character
help
>>
Wiki says your shop's performance depends on Shop Rank and the salesman's CHR + Negotiation. Is there anything else that helps? Like Spreading/stacking items, Fame, etc etc.
>>
>>14811894
I can understand why the late-game doesn't appeal to you.

Perhaps it would feel more rewarding if you played a challenge/fun character?

eg: No-pet melee+buff spells only fairy claymore
>>
>>14811922
I was thinking of a template for my next character, Having only one pet that have all buffs, can heal itself and the provoke action and no offense action whatsoever, tanking everything while the player is the one doing the damage.
No issue with brainwashing too, this way... As long as you don't forget to make it forget its offensive spell after you got the AP goodies you wanted for it.

The custom AI really opened a lot of different playstyles in a game that already had a lot of them.
>>
>>14811985
Interesting idea. I'm guessing you would make the pet a golem of some sort for the %75 damage reduction?

How would the pet gain skills/levels though? Surely not much experience can be gained from sitting their and soaking damage.
>>
>>14811994
Probably Gene Engineer for attributes, and the pet will get plenty of casting xp. Gonna have to find a good replacement for pickpocket, though
>>
File: 1456061606520.png (2KB, 48x96px) Image search: [Google]
1456061606520.png
2KB, 48x96px
Would anyone be interested in sharing .pum files, similar to the way Japanese players are able to access other players' maps? I've uploaded the home .pum files of one of my old saves as an example.
>By pressing F8, you are able to export a map. Japanese users are able to upload their user maps onto a server, which is in turn able to be accessed through the moon gates that frequently appear in towns. English users, on the other hand, have no such feature. This section of the pastebin is dedicated to the sharing of player-made maps for English-speaking users.

Functionality has been reduced to using the Show House, unfortunately. It would be nice to visit other English players' houses for a change. More details in the Elona+ Mods Pastebin in the OP, in the section labeled "Custom User Maps" [0009].

On an aside with a lighthearted tone, what should we call this informal method of sharing maps? Japanese players have moon gates (hence the term "moonrunes"), so what should English players have? Sun gates? Star portals? Lunar doors?
>>
>>14812128
Nigger crack.
>>
File: up15346.png (2MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
up15346.png
2MB, 1920x1440px
>>14812128
Is there a way of converting the map file into a .png like in this picture?

Also, jewhole.
>>
>>14811994
>>14812014
It would need defensive and casting skill, both of which would be trained plenty.
Speaking of training, it would need to pickup quest/dungeon reward, since no pickpocketing to speak of.
Attributes would raise steadily as the skills get trained.

As for the pet itself, a soul spindled bell could be nice, the gold one for the lowest possible INI for a metal, 123/50.
Or maybe just simply the starting little girl, growing into a splendid valkyrie. I think valkyrie are getting a little crowded, though.
The blackcat with its browbeat maybe.

... There is one last option, counterintuitive and probably counterproductive, but a soul spindled base level snail reduced to 1 life is a potential option, with the probably unbeatable INI of 73/25.
I wonder what the training cost would be, before even accounting for charisma...
>>
What can I gene engineer onto my pet to give it fishing?
>>
>>14812237

a goblin
>>
File: 1429191104817.gif (2MB, 460x246px) Image search: [Google]
1429191104817.gif
2MB, 460x246px
>>14812195
Wait.
Wells can permanently reduce stats, so there's no reason you can't do it to a snail. Savescumming to evade positive stat growth would probably be required, sadly.
This would result in a snail with an INI of 50/25.

Definitely unbeatable... INI-side. Combat-side it would be definitely very much beatable, haha.
>>
>>14812237
Drake also works
>>
File: mitosis.png (1MB, 816x1190px) Image search: [Google]
mitosis.png
1MB, 816x1190px
YESSSSSSS

Just need to gene engineer a bunch of limbs on it and it's golden.

Gonna make this my martial arts pet.

God damn, giving it AP will be a chore though.
>>
File: ElonaC9.jpg (85KB, 1155x116px) Image search: [Google]
ElonaC9.jpg
85KB, 1155x116px
I wanted to show Yacatect some funny book I fished up. But she refused to take it so bluntly that I kind of got mad and threw it at her.

I didn't expect her to get so angry that she broke a wall in our house! It must've been a nasty book, because she threw a coin at me - right at my head, might I add. She threw it so hard that by the time I came to, one of my pet-friends was laying her hands on me.

But what I didn't expect most was that she then punched my pet dog to death. It was really mean, but I think she calmed right down doing that. Even Kumimori felt worried about her. I worry about Yacatect's at times, but I'm really sorry and I won't do it again, Big Sis!
>>
>>14812146
I got a laugh out of this because this name might be apt. I worry that some random guy would just download the house and just come in and rob the shit out of the place to support his crim ale and whores habbit. Be like hurr hurr guys look at deez items I be so ballin now Sheeet. Please tell me this doesn't happen? I know absolute shit about how sharing houses outside of the moongate would work. Would things be bolted down like they were in the moongates?
>>
File: eternal regene.png (505KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
eternal regene.png
505KB, 816x638px
>>14812357
This is gonna be good.

It lost all of its resistances, of course.

I'm gonna special train it in the dojo to gets its stats up, then give it limbs.
>>
>>14812398
>superregen not lost when turned into a pet confirmed
brb gotta find an astral pen and gain 100 levels
>>
>>14812398
Just how powerful is Super Regene?
>>
>>14812368
That must of been terrifying. I wonder what Yacatect was more angry about. You having a lewd book in your possession and believing that ecchi is bad or her thinking you didn't pay for the book. Maybe she didn't believe you fished it up. Maybe she threw the coin at you in hopes you'd go back and pay for the book but threw it a bit too hard. To beat your dog is over the line though. Damn.
>>
File: the regenrator.png (484KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
the regenrator.png
484KB, 816x638px
What type of slots are best to add to this thing?

It's a bacteria, so I pretty much have free reign.

I'm thinking MAXMIMUM HANDS full of only shields/tonfa

>>14812443
It keeps meshera alive below %25 HP indefinitely if you don't have maximum firepower
>>
>>14809957
Put them in the user file, go up to the NPC and press 'i', shape change and select the file.
>>
>>14811036
The oil status effect. It is to fire as wet is to lightning.

>>14811912
Rank. Just fill your store with bullshit and let the store rank up. More NPCs come to your store the higher your rank. In fact, you could have hundreds in CHR/NEG but if your store was very low level you would need to sit pretty for a while.

>>14812128
I really want to share my house actually. I was thinking of going for a shrine/wooden palace in a dungeon-ocean thing and could use tips.

>>14812398
I put an Exile and goose at the doujyo and made sure to select the extremely expensive training option but I have yet to see either pet level up or have their stats increased.
>>
Ouroboros would make a good Super Regene pet too, it comes with healing rain as a bonus and has lower INI.

The downside is that it has less life score than Meshera Alpha

>>14812791
Dojo special training affects skill potentials.

Good for when you're filthy stinking rich and have a pet with crap pickpocket.
>>
>>14812464
I think she was already close to her limit, because on the very same day she turned up in my house I had been pulled in by Kumimori.

I was afraid she was going to hate me there and then but she continued to give me pocket money every month like before. She stopped talking to me as much as she used to after that, though.
>>
File: 056-Rising Hands.jpg (130KB, 1296x704px) Image search: [Google]
056-Rising Hands.jpg
130KB, 1296x704px
They're growing fast. Too fast.
They still need the barrier feat, after that it's my turn to stop being weak.
>>
>>14813147
Welcome to elona+ pets, please enjoy your stay,

Invest in monsterballs.

Train gene engineering to 100.

Turn them into snail GODS
>>
>>14813157
Oh nonononono, i don't want them to turn into gods.

I don't aim so low.
>>
File: 057-Training in the wild.jpg (263KB, 1296x704px) Image search: [Google]
057-Training in the wild.jpg
263KB, 1296x704px
Two months of isolation in the snow strenghtened our bodies and minds.
>>
>>14811801
If you're sure it's happening when the pet is casting Holy Shield, upload your save for me so I can see what's going on. Or tell me what the instruction setup is (line, "preserve target" status, etc.)
>>
>>14812791
If you have a good enough pickpocket skill, you can steal the furniture around the dojo and add it to your house. The shrine gate is precious, though, so you'd need to buy it from Miral and Garok for 11 medals. The tax master's tax box could be used as the donation box.

>>14812382
Yes, all items in the Show House function similarly to items found in moon gates. Players will be unable to [i]nteract with or [g]et items, save for summoning crystals which spawn unique NPCs.

>>14812187
There is currently no way to convert .png to .pum, but it is certainly replicable in the map editor and edit static maps.

>>14812146
Heh.
>>
>>14814032
I actually forgot I have some Eastern beds. Is it not possible to just upload straight .pums and transfer them to the Elona user directory?
>>
File: 058-Hand almost complete.jpg (234KB, 1296x704px) Image search: [Google]
058-Hand almost complete.jpg
234KB, 1296x704px
Aside from continuous attack above bureketuken, this will be their final skillset.
Is there something to add ?
>>
>>14814067
Ok forget bakuretuken, the ball affect allies, i.e. me.
Good thing i put my gemstones of kumiromi into the 4D pocket, lost only some blankets.

Someone mentionned it too in an earlier thread, something about inflicting silence on himself.
Embarassing.
>>
>>14814090
Holy shit !
Attribute martial art action is influenced by the elements eyes, the precious item letting you choose element of variable breath/storm.
I tried it because one of the snails burned everything and i don't like fire.

Eat chaotic mucus !
>>
>>14814168
So, just to be clear: for martial artists, set the custom AI so that Body blow is used BEFORE shadow-step? That is, when you want to teach it?
>>
>>14814257
Yeah it would be way more efficient to put body blow in first line and go wild in the puppy cave, but personally i just moved to hard dungeons where my snails couldn't kill thing with just a shadow step.
I had chained the puppy cave recently for rings and necklaces for Yacatect, so i was quite bored of it.
>>
Is it overly thirsty or weird to save-scum opening monster balls to make sure your fire-dragon child is female?
>>
So how do I actually run this game? The exe refuses to run.
>>
>>14814342
Are you using the "Elona" exe or the "Elonaplus" one? Use the former.

Also, my fresh firedragon child can't learn Shadow step for some reason. What do I do..?
>>
File: do you not.jpg (116KB, 1136x593px) Image search: [Google]
do you not.jpg
116KB, 1136x593px
>>14814335
Wait, you mean there's people that don't do that ?

>>14814342
Maybe you only downloaded elona custom.
Download elona+, then unzip custom in elona+'s folder.
>>
>>14814350
>2) Your pet's primary attribute for that ability must be at least 2x the stamina requirement for the ability.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/New_Features_in_Elona_Custom_1.51.4#Teaching_a_Spell_or_Ability
>>
>>14814354
The pet has 10 Will and Shadow step costs 5 SP. Well, I'll level her up and see what happens.
>>
>>14814351
>>14814350
I was using the wrong exe, my bad. Thank you for your help.
>>
>>14814367
Shift + S. Go to the 'Tweaks' menu and enable the ability to leave harvest time quests early. You'll make hundreds of decisions you regret deeply when you play Elona but will not be one of them.
>>
>>14812752
I mean the monster spritesheet.
>>
>>14814653
If your spreadsheet looks like the one up in the thread then just drop it in graphic and name in character.
>>
Is there a way to modify the value of your servants in your home through elosnack?
The majority of my shopkeepers have the same name and in the recruitment board they're the same too for who knows what reason.
>>
File: sprites.png (205KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
sprites.png
205KB, 1366x768px
>>14814657
>>
>>14814962
No. Delete everything in that folder that is a loose sprite. No. There is a spritesheet up in the thread, if you want I can guide you step-by-step on how to edit sheets to your liking but for now. No. Scroll up. Download the sheet -> Save as... -> .bmp in paint -> Name it character.bmp and you'll be good to go.
>>
>>14815007
Already got a few sheets. Just don't know how to edit it.
>>
>>14815024
Open Gimp -> Open the sprite sheet -> Open loose sprite -> Select the rectangle tool -> Estimate the width of the sprite that you plan on replacing your custom one with, this is so that you don't accidentally cut off any spirtes above or below with the black outline -> Carefully outline the old sprite with the rectangle tool -> Press DEL on the keyboard -> Go to the custom loose sprite's window -> Select + (CLTR+C) -> To the best of your abiltiy, encapsulate the white outline from the old spritesheet with the rectangle tool -> CTRL + V.

If there's any white remaining, you can either Spam CTRL + Z until you can shrink the size of the cut until there is no white border OR you can just copy and paste some of the black outline from the rest of the sheet.

Once all your work is done: Export as... and make sure the 'don't write color-space information' box is ticked and the 24bit box is ticked as well. You can find these in the advanced settings.
>>
>>14815072
T-t-thank you, you great person you.
>>
>>14815136
Post questions as they, I used to be you and I feel like it's a good thing to help fellow anons like I was helped.
>>
Is wishing for "palace" gives you deed of palace or something else?
>>
>>14813828
Sure, I can upload my save, how should I do it?

The instruction setup is

Self Buff != Holy Shield Holy Shield On
>>
>>14813828
I just tested it again, and it seems to work. Maybe I forgot to set a target (pretty sure I did, but it happened late at night so I guess I was just a bit sleep deprived)
>>
>>14815635
>deed of palace
Try just wishing for: 'Deed of palace'

>>14815645
>>14815664
For the future: Dropbox works well.
>>
>>14814351
>Wait, you mean there's people that don't do that ?
Have never done that.
>>
>>14814032
>There is currently no way to convert .png to .pum
No, I mean the other way around. I'd like to share my house as an image, but I don't want to have to walk around taking multiple screenshots then stitching the pictures together.

I think it would be a much more convenient way of sharing, and you can post pictures as you improve on your house. No need to bug the person maintaining the pastebin to update your .pum.
>>
>>14815830
>No, I mean the other way around. I'd like to share my house as an image, but I don't want to have to walk around taking multiple screenshots then stitching the pictures together.
I've also been thinking about this. Would be pretty cool.
>>
>>14815635

As far as I'm aware, I don't think you can wish for the deeds for the houses of estate or better.
>>
File: elonamapimage.png (917KB, 2016x2400px) Image search: [Google]
elonamapimage.png
917KB, 2016x2400px
>>14815830
Alright, I tried a tool called elonamapimage.

I don't seem to be able to open maps with elona+ items in them though.

I wonder if there's any way of updating the .bin files the program comes with.
>>
File: rotten_shit_for_rotten_god.png (395KB, 797x598px) Image search: [Google]
rotten_shit_for_rotten_god.png
395KB, 797x598px
Saved some tasty vegetables for Kumi. Hope that parsleyhead will be pleased.

Also anyone else using using Putit's Cave as a storage too? I put there all the shit from the starting cave and use it if needed for Vernis quests.
>>
>>14816257
Putit, Bandit, Yeek's nest and lots of other static areas are good for storage. BTW: why does your rotten food look like that? It's so nasty.
>>
>>14816257
For roleplaying purposes, don't even bother with a house, just have a string of farms across Tyris and then rename yourself Murderhobo. Be sure to use a house board to make your farms especially rundown crapshacks.
>>
>>14816312
Pretty sure that's the original spritesheet
>>
Is there any reason why there is no dungeons in the snowy portion of the map?
>>
>>14816312
Share your rotten food spite please
>>
File: itempong.png (621KB, 1584x1488px) Image search: [Google]
itempong.png
621KB, 1584x1488px
>>14816765
Somewhere there. One AM here, I need to sleep desu. @Pastebin guy, do we just post .pums ITT then hope they get added to some collective drop-box or what?
>>
>>14816811
Where did you get this one? I still was using the old 1,52 one that's not even avaible anymore because pomf died
>>
>>14816811
Yes, just add a link with your .pum and you're all set. Also, would you mind if I use your item set as the substitute for the dead pomf link?

>>14815830
>>14816036
Oh, sorry for misreading your post. I've been looking into several Japanese sites that have a similar function, but with no luck. If you happen to stumble across such a tool that works on Elona+, be sure to leave a message so that I can add it to the pastebin.

>>14814043
I'm unsure about what's being asked here, sorry. The .pum files are downloaded through links posted in this thread, and will be recorded in the pastebin. Then, they are placed in the Elona user directory and accessed at the Show House, as you have stated.
Sorry if I missed something.
>>
>>14816844
I took the /rlg/ one and edited it with sprites from the Euploader every now and then

>>14816886
Bottom right corner, next to the milk, under the red thing. Slight bit of white. I'm also not sure if all the item sprites are covered but all that aside, go ahead.

I guess I'll upload my pum tomorrow then.

Are you Anna?
>>
>>14816898
>spoiler
No, sorry. Just another Anonymous user who enjoys Elona+. There will come a time where I won't be here anymore, and someone else would have to pick up where I left off.
>>
Can't figure out how to offer items to gods. Tried droping it on altar, tried preying ovet it.
>>
>>14816965
Hit [Enter] or [o] above it, it will open an Offering screen and you can select which item from your inventory you would like to offer.
>>
>>14816982
Thanks
>>
>>14816886
I could try to make a tool to display .s2 files, but I don't have the expertise to do that yet. I've tried decompiling the exe to look at how things are saved, but it's just beyond me. Maybe I need to stare harder at it.
>>
>>14817477
I, too, am utterly stumped by this code. Would the proper font show up in Japanese, by any chance? I'm getting weird letters and symbols.
In any case, I've uploaded it as a request on the pastebin, if anyone is able to fix this cryptic program for E+.
>>
>>14817637
There is another option.

The elona omake variant has a feature where you can use the camera item as a (t)ool to take a picture of the entire map.

So in theory we could pop in the extra bit of code from omake to plus, then use the camera to take pictures.

Here is the code for the camera usage, with the variables in omake substituted for plus variables.

if ( var_1149 == 1001 | var_1150 ) {
var_1150 = 0
outputmapimage var_99(17, var_519)
snd 118
var_241 = 0
txt_select lang("周囲の風景をカメラに収めた。", "You take a picture of your surroundings."), "", "", "", "", "", "", "", ""
goto *label_2084
var_1150++
}

The outputmapimage function is really long with a lot of variables though - it'll take a long time to go through all of them. Is there some way doing this more quickly?

I'm resorting to these cheap underhanded methods because I don't have the programming skills to make something from scratch, so if anyone has a better idea, feel free to make suggestions.
>>
>>14817704
Hmm, it's not even compiling. Where's that else {} thing that Anna mentioned?
>>
>>14817896
There are actually multiple empty else statements in the decompiled code, but the only one that prevents it from decompiling is on line 157077 of the 1.55 decompilation. Look for this:

pos 0, 960
gcopy 1, var_538(0, 17), var_538(1, 17), var_538(2, 17), var_538(3, 17)
gfini var_538(2, 17), var_538(3, 17)
gfdec2 var_222(0, 0), var_222(1, 0), var_222(2, 0)
gsel var_735
else {
}
gsel 1
color 0
boxf 0, 960, var_538(2, 18), var_538(3, 18) + 960
>>
>>14818117
Prevents it from recompiling*, sorry.
>>
>>14818125
Got it to compile, thanks.
>>
>>14818125
Anna, I know this may well be a fair bit to ask but is it possible that we could get some of the features from ElonaOmake into custom?

Also @the pastebin guy(TPG), you know how on the Euploader you can sometimes find 'Talk' files for pets? The ones in Japanese? Could you maybe consider adding English talk files to the collective drop-box you're making? I know you may be thinking: "Why not just use the uploader?" Well to that I say: most of the files there are in Japanese, for the Japanese speakers, so I was thinking maybe the English players here and on the wiki could use the pastebin as a temporary repository for the English text files.
>>
I really don't think there's any actual benefits to go beyond rank 100, at least for magic vendors.
Rank 100 enable potential/wonder to be regular enough, but frequency doesn't feel to change between a 100 and 200 vendor.
>>
Are speed uppers precious, or the only way to give speed to a gene along with herbed food ?
>>
File: Slime.png (730KB, 1264x798px) Image search: [Google]
Slime.png
730KB, 1264x798px
S-slime anon, is that you?
>>14819486
Hermes blood if you're willing to farm the small medals.
>>
File: 059-Cave sweet cave.jpg (154KB, 1296x704px) Image search: [Google]
059-Cave sweet cave.jpg
154KB, 1296x704px
>>14819495
You trespasser~~

Also, hermes bloods are precious but speed uppers are not ! Just verified with their respective vendors.
>>
>>14819495
How did you access it though ?
I thought upload didn't do anything for english users.
Is their a server running or something now ?
>>
>>14819585
Just happened to show up in a moongate.
I got no idea if there's a server or anything.
>>
>>14819667
Oh ! Though it isn't near ready enough to be shown up to people, embarassing~

I'll try to find a moon rune or gate and see for myself, it always was blank so stopped trying.
>>
Where is the best spot to place house in North Tyris?
>>
>>14819681
There's no right answer to that really.
You not even forced to put it in North Tyris.
>>
>>14819681
Near Palmia is where I placed mine.

>>14819678
>>14819585
>>14819667
>I'm unsure about what's being asked here, >sorry. The .pum files are downloaded through >links posted in this thread, and will be >recorded in the pastebin. Then, they are >placed in the Elona user directory and >accessed at the Show House, as you have >stated.

Follow those instructions and you can head to any player's house.

Sorry if I missed something.

My .pum: My .pum is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xepa8rzuvsxwwl/My%20Map?dl=0

It goes in /user/graphic.
>>
Wow, 11 pages in moongates.
I guess it was blank because i was playing with network deactivated from that time the chat was spammed.
>>
File: Slimy snails.png (356KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Slimy snails.png
356KB, 1024x768px
>>14819667
Yep, sure enough, so moongates aren't just restricted to Japanese use only. Perhaps all those other homes I see listed in English are non-Japanese users too.
>>
>>14819681
This pretty much. >>14819732 Also depends on how you play the game. For instance, I place mine near Lesimas, because of 44 levels of free storage space for the less-important items I can't help but hoard.
>>
File: Scut!.png (346KB, 1281x769px) Image search: [Google]
Scut!.png
346KB, 1281x769px
>>14819210
Sure, I don't see why not. Do you happen to have any English text files you would like to upload?

>>14819818
Thanks! I've added it to the pastebin. I've put it in the .pum format for easier downloading.

>It goes in /user/graphic.
I believe you only need to place it in the 'elona/user' directory to be accessed at the Show House.

>>14819833
>>14819585
>>14819667
>>14819822
Did you F8 > upload, by any chance? I'll try looking into this phenomenon. This could change everything!
>>
>>14819930
Did you F8 > upload, by any chance? I'll try looking into this phenomenon. This could change everything!

I'm the one you responded to and I saved the map. I also went to a moon gate and found the slime's house. Page..4, I think. There was also another English house.

>I believe you only need to place it in the 'elona/user' directory to be accessed at the Show House.

I thought /user/graphic because that's where I saved the pum.

As for the text, I do technically have one but I want to play around a bit with it before I send it up. /user/talk folder for anyone curious as to where they should be saved. 'i' then select 'tone'.
>>
>>14819930
Upload was used, clicked アップロード button.
I dunno if that's it.

I hope it'll overwrite the present upload is i reupload...
I guess one duplicate shouldn't be too bad if not.
>>
>>14819930
Could you please share your interface?
>>
>>14820031
It's the Kumiromi UI. Ironically, I don't worship him.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dgefenimfgwfvn/interface.bmp?dl=1

>>14819979
Did you have to browse for any .pum file? I've done the same procedure, and came up with an error. I am also constantly connecting to the network in the settings.

>>14819947
Perhaps the path is different for everybody, who knows. Thanks for your hard work!
>>
How high does one's skill need to be before you can pickpocket wells?
>>
>>14820045
I wasn't connected to the network when doing it.
Maybe that's the very unintuitive factor.
>>
>>14820068
Your STR has more to do with it than the Pickpocket skill.

And why yoink them wells?when toilets are lighter..
>>
>>14820157
1.)Decoration

2.) If you're going to steal a wish-machine why not go for the real thing instead of a cheap knock-off?

Does pet-pickpocketing take a % of the monster's gold or does the skill level determine the range of gold that can be "stolen"? Like level 1 = 1g-100g, lvl 2 = 2g-200g etc?
>>
>>14819930
Yeah, I tried uploading both my house and EX arena pets about a year ago, but had no idea if they were accessible to anyone else besides me.
>>
>>14820068
>>14820157
I think having read somewhere that well cannot be pickpocketed whatsoever.

>>14820172
>In Elona+, the formula for the amount of gold that a pet can get when killing an enemy is Pickpocketing * 5 + 100, with a minimum of 50 and a maximum of 2000. Enemy level doesn't seem to factor into it at all. The only caveat is that the enemy must possess that much gold; if a pet is capable of taking 2000 but the enemy only possesses 500, then only 500 will be taken.
Anna in the comments of pickpocketing skill.

Death don't lower stats for pets, awww...
I guess the meshera is a TAD too powerful to reduce its stats to 1.
I mean, it's possible, but i doubt anyone would have that kind of dedication.
My new snail have almost 1 in every attribute after visiting every fountains ( and savescumming when it got positive attribute growth ). Gotta destroy some though, ran out.
While the wells respawn, i'll go reduce its life to 1 with gavela.
>>
File: homeless-man-lost-in-thought.jpg (54KB, 990x427px) Image search: [Google]
homeless-man-lost-in-thought.jpg
54KB, 990x427px
>>14820204
>I think having read somewhere that well cannot be pickpocketed whatsoever.

S'pose I can make do with a bathtub of some sort. Might even forgo it all together and try to make something like a hot-spring.

>In Elona+, the formula for the amount of gold that a pet can get when killing an enemy is Pickpocketing * 5 + 100, with a minimum of 50 and a maximum of 2000. Enemy level doesn't seem to factor into it at all. The only caveat is that the enemy must possess that much gold; if a pet is capable of taking 2000 but the enemy only possesses 500, then only 500 will be taken.

>Anna in the comments of pickpocketing skill.

If, say, pet 1 attacks a monster and pet 2 finishes it off, which pet would receive the gold?
>>
>>14820238
The one which finishes it off.
>>
Anyone ever used soul spindles ?
Can multiple ones can be used on the same pets, granting multiple clones ?

>>14820238
Only the killing blow matters.
This also means if you're the one killing, no one gets gold.
>>
>>14819210
You'll have to be more specific. The only variant I've played is Plus, so I don't know what features Omake has/had that people might want.

Unrelated, but in case anyone missed it from the wiki, 1.55.2 will wipe your tweak settings. In short I made a major error (basically accessed the 2D array for the tweak data in the wrong sequence), so to prevent other possibly weird issues, I'm just going to force it to zero out. All your custom AI stuff is safe, just the tweak configuration.

In other news, someone wanted an MP bar for stethoscoped pets, so here that is.
>>
What would happen if I would reinitialize my home from the world map?
>>
>>14820340
For me it's the custom items I'm interested in but I don't know about any of the other features because items and gods are the only ones I've been able to track down.
>>
>>14820369
Could you elaborate more on what you mean by custom items? As I've said, I've never played it. I can do research later, but I'd be grateful if you could just inform me instead :)
>>
>>14820382
You know how you can define Custom NPCs with E+ and then upload them to your game? Well apparently there is some feature of Omake that allows a similar process for items and gods. Open the zip file on page three: http://www.elonaup.x0.com/3.html?1456148194
>>
>>14820390
Heh... That looks rather complicated. Definitely not going to promise anything on this. I might look into it, but even that will have to wait until I finish up with translations.
>>
>>14820466
So this will make flavortext appear when I cast a spell? Can I really be a magical girl?
>>
>>14820487
Yes, but I'm not CERTAIN that it works. That's why I deleted the post.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1oegjfbrm13aar5/Stardust%20Text.txt?dl=0

is the file, sorry.

I do see the %Calm text but I'm not seeing anything else even when I summoned and fought the original NPC this was supposed to come with. Granted, it only lasted three turns even with me holding back a fair bit but still. I don't have all the skills I need to test it either. Please try it and report back.

It only works for Pets and NPCs out in the wild. 'i', select tone.
>>
File: 1429191104818.gif (652KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1429191104818.gif
652KB, 500x281px
I cooked up a modest tactic for the average support pet.

If self MP < 75% then absorb mana
If self HP <75% then healing rain
If self buff != magic equip then magic equip
If self buff != speed then speed
If self buff != divine wisdom then divine wisdom
If self buff != attribute shield then attribute shield
If self buff != holy shield then holy shield
If self buff != regeneration then regeneration
If self buff != feather then feather
If self buff != hero then hero
If self buff != concentration then concentration
If self buff != holy veil then holy veil
If self buff != clearmind then clearmind
If target distance >= 1 then provoke
If target distance > 1 then move(forward)
>>
What vendor and level of investment is best for scrolls of flying?
>>
>>14820353
By reading another Deed of x House? Every item and furniture will be stacked together at your new house. Removing the house altogether will probably destroy all items.
>>
Is equipment with "it disturbs your growth" good for a pet?
>>
>>14820654
It's not 'good' unless you want to make sure your pet is low-level or something. With that said it's not like the attribute is that problematic for either the PC or the player. At worst it increases the time required for grinding levels by +-10 minutes.
>>
What happens when you destroy the holy well? Does it respawn with full charges, does it respawn with the same charges as before or is it just gone forever?
>>
>>14820921
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Fountains
>>
Is it possible to stack favor until 3rd gift, and then pray for all 3 gifts at once?
>>
>>14820977

You only get the gifts in order. If you have enough for the last one you still have to recieve the first.
>>
How do you get kit of making chocolate?
>>
>>14821211
General vendors selling them during February.
>>
I'm currently redesigning my home into some type of resort/onsen and you can't even imagine how much I want waterfalls as tiles right now. It hurts.
>>
>>14821342
Just the ability to place tiles on walls would be incredible. Could you post your .pum file? I'd like to see your house.
>>
>>14821357
Nooooo. I'm not finished yet.
>>
>>14821357
I didn't really catch on the .pum thing. How does it work?
>>
I wish fairies had a little riding bonus of some sorts when riding humanoids for muh autism roleplaying value about resting on people's heads while zapping stuff.
>>
>>14821392
F8 -> Open the user folder -> upload your own .pum file -> download someone else's .pum -> put it in the /user/ folder -> go to the showhouse -> Play around in house.

>>14821363
I like looking at WIPs.
>>
>>14821406
And changes to the settings in F8 affect my home people can visit? Let' say I change the room_title to "Buggerbums" and the welcome_msg to "Cheers". Would the visitor then be greeted with something like "You entered Buggerbums. Cheers"?
And what about the moongates? Can't we use them?
>>
>>14821438
>And changes to the settings in F8 affect my home people can visit? Let' say I change the room_title to "Buggerbums" and the welcome_msg to "Cheers". Would the visitor then be greeted with something like "You entered Buggerbums. Cheers"?

Post your .pum and I'll test it?

>And what about the moongates? Can't we use them?

You can enter them but you can't upload your home nor, I think, will you ever see any new ones beyond the current selection. I don't know why they still work at all with the server disabled.

I want to make a Tone file for a Fire@Dragon child. The theme should be Fire obsessed but caring & protective sibling. I understand non-cringy is a non-starter but what are the worst lines you can think of that shouldn't be included? Keep in mind %txtCalm text is all but spammed in the chat.
>>
>>14821529
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but there's a file that stores players houses accessed by moongatesIn the past when Elona connected to the network, the game would pull down a different file with different houses now and then. Now that the network doesn't work you're left with a fixed file that doesn't have a changing list of houses you can visit.
>>
>>14821529
>Post your .pum and I'll test it?
When I'm done with my house unless someone else is faster or wants to volunteer.
>>
>"ギャグセンスが皆無。"

I don't think that means "You have no gag reflex." Hilarious though.
>>
>>14821751
I was wondering what does it mean a gag reflex.
>>
File: 37352865.jpg (116KB, 1171x972px) Image search: [Google]
37352865.jpg
116KB, 1171x972px
>>14821768
>>
File: magic res.png (389KB, 799x598px) Image search: [Google]
magic res.png
389KB, 799x598px
Costs almost 400k. Sadly don't have enough money.
>>
File: 2016-02-23_231611.png (203KB, 571x360px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-23_231611.png
203KB, 571x360px
That's a strong panty
>>
>>14821830
1.) Not that good

2.) Pickpocket.

>>14821842
Noice.
>>
>>14821850
>Pickpocket
I thought you can't pickpocket from vendors.
>>
>>14821861
Try it. Throw a sleep potion first.
>>
>>14821866
wat
>>
>>14821878
If bards are awake and you try to steal instruments you get the "character is using this item message", I think Vendors also have a similar problem. Also: Sleeping NPCs have a greater chance of successful pickpocketing. That's why I keep a stack of sleeping potions.
>>
I was fishing in Vernis but then suddenly teleported and got the same message from god when you enter the game. Also seem like it loaded last save because before start fishing I identified some items.
>>
>>14821888
But it's in a shop inventory...?
>>
>Android
>In addition, they now come to the player with an innate cArmour bit flag, reducing damage taken by 75%. When evolved, they learn the Fire a Volley special action. However, they lost the boost special action.

Wait, what? It has Armor bit? When did that happen?
>>
>>14821920
Tested vendor pickpocket. Doesn't work. The necklace isn't that good anyway, well, not worth 400k at least.
>>
>>14821913
Maybe you accidentally hitted F2 and loaded your save?
>>
>>14821937
I guess in the god pet revamp update
>>
>>14821946
Then probably I did. Fishing was tied to 2.
>>
You can get the Vice Staff through a quest now. If you talk to Sophia, one of the options gives you a quest with the only requirement in it being for you to come back in a month between 14:30 and 15:00. The quest is repeatable too, repeating it gives jewels of tear of god.
>>
>>14821913
Bet you Shena's panty you had fishing hot keyed near F2
>>
>>14822006
A precise month (30 days) or just the next month?
>>
>>14821996
>>14822016
Oh looks like I was too slow. Didn't refresh page in a while and didn't realize you had already responded.
>>
>>14822018
30 days, I talked to her on the 27th and she asked me to come back on the 27th of next month.
>>
>>14822018
>>14822029
And right after I posted that, I talked to her again on the 28th and she asked me to come back on the 25th of next month, so it seems like there's a range that you're asked to come back on.
>>
>>14822006
That makes the tears super common now, doesn't it?
>>
I don't know if the Lost Irva library has gimped prices since there you can rent books without being in the mages guild but the book of domination at 3 charges costed me 25k as opposed to the usual 8k I would usually pay.
>>
>>14822035
Well, you do have to wait around a month to get another one from her. But its a tear that only requires you to come in and talk to her at the right time.
On that note, is there a list of all the possible effects that the tears can have? I picked one up that has a Darkness Bolt invoke on it.
>>
To the guy who wanted a gokiburi because of the elemental immunities, wouldn't this be a good substitute? http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Sleeping_giant

He has a high INI but he has superb magic resistance and a bunch of neat status immunities on top of the elemental ones.
>>
>>14822077
I actually took the advice given and reset the basement, then threw away the extra god heart and drops. Sleeping giant does look really good though, thanks.

>>14822063
Lemme see if I can dig it up.
>>
>>14822044
That's standard for me too. It's probably as a side-effect of it being freely available to all, not just mage guild members.
>>
What is best wish item for money making?
>>
>>14822130
Please don't. Grind fishing or something. Probably cure corruption since you'd need a good player shop for aurora. But don't actually do it.
>>
>>14822130
Don't wish for dungeon deed it only sells for 6.500.
>>
>Error (429)
>This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

The dropbox link to the download is disabled ;_; How long before I can get this?
>>
>>14822161
https://bloodyshade.no-ip.org:42333/ElonaCustom/
>>
>>14822063
...At this point I can tell you that Urcaguary's quest can give 4 different tears, and Sophia's can give 3 tears.
>>
>>14822211
Darkness bolt, power 200
Elemental scar, power 200
Enhances your spells, power 200
>>
>>14822211
>>14822276
Thanks anon.
>>
File: 1357069202475.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1357069202475.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>14822276
>Enhances your spells, power 200
You better not play with my heart anon ill shank u
>>
>>14822301
If you want me to double-check, do you have a spreadsheet for enchantment values for E+? I'm relying on a pixelated chinese bootleg jpeg table for vanilla elona.

Also, here are the lines in question and the interpretation:
encadd var_519, 8 * 10000 + 20, 200, 0, 1, 0, 1
Darkness bolt, power 200
encadd var_519, 8 * 10000 + 0, 200, 0, 1, 0, 1
Elemental scar, power 200
encadd var_519, 34, 200, 0, 1, 0, 1
Increase power of spells, power 200
>>
>>14822328
Scratch that, I'm sure.

if ( var_374 == 34 ) {
var_386 = 4
var_121 = lang("魔法の威力を高める", "enchances your spells.")
>>
File: 2016-02-24_014604.png (533KB, 1264x798px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-24_014604.png
533KB, 1264x798px
Reminder to not throw away cards
>>
File: elonaalias.png (774KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
elonaalias.png
774KB, 800x600px
Which should I choose, /jp/?
>>
>>14822328
>>14822348
Awesome.
>>
>>14822369
You already know.
>>
>>14806719
Does this have any H content?
>>
File: 1418434051902.png (31KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1418434051902.png
31KB, 400x250px
>>14822369
Go for that one, you know the one
>>
>>14822389
If you're looking for a fap no, but you can prostitute yourself and stuff, nothing super hardcore though.
>>
>>14822395
Alright, thanks.
>>
Magnet link for 1.55.1 custom: Will post the link later, I need to sleep.

Could someone test this and tell me if it works? I want to add a torrent for E+C to Nyaa but I keep getting a "forgot to add announce url" error that I have no idea how to fix.

>>14822369
God Silver or Reroll

>>14822389
You can add some but it'll likely be a bit shitty.
>>
>>14822418
>>14822399
I'm getting a bunch of letters and numbers, followed by a .meta extension. No files are being downloaded. Tested on rutorrent.

>>14822161
>>14822207
Thanks, I've uploaded bloodyshade.org as one of the file hosting websites for Elona+, under downloads.

>>14820466
>>14820508
Uploaded text file to the pastebin under a brand new section, thanks!

---
>>14821393
I wish we had our own share of drawfriends.

>>14820591
Magic vendors at around 140+ shop rank. Be sure to have more than two vendors for a decent chance.
>>
>>14821751
Is the translation supposed to be "No sense of humor?" Like gag as in joke?
>>
>>14822528
Maybe "Your jokes are terrible." And yeah.
>>
is AP speed training supposed to obliterate your speed potential?

I recently spent the AP of 4/6 pets and I just noticed that all their potentials are in single digits, while the other two are fine
>>
>>14822328
Power 200 is how much again when it comes to the total multiplier? The cap is about 2.5x, and almost all the spell enhance items on the wiki go by total multiplier instead of power level.
>>
>>14822610
Adding it in with elosnack shows [#####]. Apart from that, I'm afraid I don't know.
>>
>>14822632
Staff of insanity has +350, so working from there, I guess the tear will give you another 0.2x in spell enhance.
>>
>>14822606
I had that happen to me. You can recover your pet's speed speed potential slowly by giving your pets herbs or can boost it to 400 in one go through a speed upper potion. Having your pet visit their trainer doesn't really help speed potential. It will help the other attributes and skills though.
>>
File: 415354359.jpg (18KB, 365x287px) Image search: [Google]
415354359.jpg
18KB, 365x287px
>>14822660
Just 8, for 1600 power total.
Can easily fit in just one godly artifact, with spare.
>>
>>14822716
7*100 for immunities. 700
100 for float. 800
150 for see invisible. 950
1600 for spell enchances. 2550
160*3 for magic resistance. 3030

That'd be one swell ammo to inherit with a gene...
>>
>>14822736
>trying to acquire 300 ether mirrors

Please no, someone save me from the hell I'm making for myself
>>
>>14822675
It's just weird. I thought it would give +30 regardless of potential.

"Costs X, unless you don't have it"
this kind of thing always bugs me in games
>>
File: rafael nadaltism.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
rafael nadaltism.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>14822769
Don't resist, you will never succeed without autism.
>>
As a full caster wizard should I get the Barrier trait feat? since getting AP its such a pain I wonder if its worth it.
>>
>>14822861
As a full-caster, MP is scarce enough as it is without adding another drain methinks.
>>
>>14822861
Pick it up when you finally have MP to burn. It's one of the better choices. Prior to that, stay away.
>>
>>14822901
Wizard feat also only shines at really high levels, so they work together.
>>
>>14822797
You thought correctly. With AP or Hermes pots, you will always gain a flat n points of speed regardless of potential, but suffer n points worth of potential deduction. This is also true for Happy Apples, rabbit's tail, dog cop, and gene engineering stat boosts.
>>
>>14822368
Can you use duplicates for each deck?
>>
File: untitled.png (700KB, 1282x793px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
700KB, 1282x793px
How do you take on an entire panic quest of level 1000 zombie queens?
>>
>>14822034
>Add a number ranging from 0 to 2 to the date 1 month from now
>If the date is the 30th or greater, subtract a number ranging from 3 to 5 from it

Please let me know if this doesn't mesh with your findings.
>>
>>14823164
I mostly learned how to deal with them deep in the void. A well leveled fireball should do the trick. Meteor should work too and to a lesser degree fire bolt. If you're not a wizard I would hope that you have some AOE special actions that do pretty good damage. If you can do so, aim for the zombie queen as she is the one spawning everything.
>>
Is there anyway to stop the "Elonaplus is a freeware..." etc. message to stop popping up each time I start up the game?
>>
>>14823453
When the game comes up go to options and then choose message and log. Go to disclaimer in title and chose no.
>>
>>14823308
>>>If the date is the 30th or greater, subtract a number ranging from 3 to 5 from it
The range on that part seems to be 1-5.
Everything else seems right though.
>>
>>14823505
Do you have an example?
>>
>>14823522
>>
>>14823543
Oh. The second step includes the first step.

She'll ask you to come back on (date + x)
But if (date + x) is 30 or greater, then the date becomes
(date + x - y).

Where x is 0 to 2
and y is 3 to 5.
In your case, x = 2, and y = 3, meaning the date is
29 + 2 - 3 = 28

In essence, the date can range from -4 to +2, but will never fall on the 30th.

I'm not very good at explaining things, sorry.
>>
>>14823585
Well, that makes more sense when you put it like that. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
File: 16-02-24 00_51_06.png (76KB, 800x696px) Image search: [Google]
16-02-24 00_51_06.png
76KB, 800x696px
>>14823594
Also, your character's stats are really similar to my elea warmage... except mine is of a higher level. Oops. I lost so many stat points from well quaffing.

What's your race and class?
>>
>>14823637
Started as a Eulderna Warmage, changed my class to Wizard later.
>>
>>14822512
Maybe it's because I went offline and thus no files could be transfered? The magnet is here: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:c7e7b36ce5e8fdd8be4ff1401e9a4597a3552dfe&dn=Elona%20Custom%201.55.1.zip

If it still doesn't work I'll try to figure out how to add "announce urls" to Nyaa.
>>
>>14823125
You just need a single deck
>>
Two evolution, one machine, two another hearts in three dungeons...
After i don't need them anymore, of course.
>>
>>14824777
>777
This confirms it, luck is a sentient force that love to toy with people.
>>
File: 2016-02-24_114933.png (36KB, 230x226px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-24_114933.png
36KB, 230x226px
>>14824777
Same here, and yet I can't find the resurrection book I need right now.
>>
File: 060-Weakness incarnate.jpg (292KB, 1296x704px) Image search: [Google]
060-Weakness incarnate.jpg
292KB, 1296x704px
Aww, lowest life possible seems to be 2.
Neither Icolle nor Gavela will go below.

My ultimate snail for soul spindle is ready, it'll be at the record INI of 52/25.
Still gotta farm 5925 speed upper, make three thousand herbed acorns and stockpile ten thousands wonder scrolls at the minimum, make three immunity sticks with empty godly ammos, and make three level 10 living panties to make a gene and rebirth Chibike and her Hands.
Shouldn't take too long, right ?
>>
>>14825085
How do you farm speed uppers? Also what bonuses do acorns confer? Why are you using acorns?
>>
>>14825135
Acorns are light and easy to farm en masse, taking only one stack ( important for genes ).

For speed uppers, summon spirits and alchemical raining love potion in party time quests.
I don't think i'll be patient enough for them though. I predict as soon as the others items are gathered, i won't wait.
Especially since the gene would have to level summon spirits anyway for raising the pathetic life of her snails.
>>
>>14824719
But can we have duplicates in this deck?
>>
Do pets utilize the "remote blow" attribute in weapons like chainsickles and whips?
>>
Pastebin guy!!!!

I got the torrent up for 1.55.1 working: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=788076

I'm seeding right now, please test if it works.
>>
>>14825375
I know that some enemies use it, so it stands to reason that, at least, when those enemies are pets, they would use it. I'm not too sure about other pets, but remote blow doesn't show up in custom AI, so I can't really test
>>
>>14825339
Nope
>>
>>14825732
I>>14825375
I think you can use the custom AI to set it so that pets use the chain sickle special action at distance => X. Maybe look at setting remote blow in the abilities section.
>>
>>14825732
There's a way to "teach" Remote Blow to pets.
Equip a whip/chainsickle, then it will be available on the lists of possible abilities for pets to learn.

I haven't yet to verify if the said learned Remote Blow would or won't have to require pets to use the weapons mentioned above, though.
>>
>>14825841
>>14825769
I'm just going to throw out there that I have no idea how the Custom AI might react if you do this. Try it at your own risk.

I may need to look into this though, but to be honest, I doubt remote blow would end up too overpowering.
>>
If you talk to Regulus after he reunites with his sister, he gives you a researcher's diary. Anyone know what it's for?
>>
Does anyone have the kotatsu sprite with the younger sisters on/in it? I've seen it recently, but apparently forgot to save it.
>>
>tfw no save
>tfw you realize that you gene engineered your pet into something but forgot to take off his equipment
>>
I've only played Performer and Farmer before, but there's always a point where I feel like I can't advance anymore, do you guys have any tips on that? I tried to play a thief but I have no idea how to level pickpocket properly.
>>
>>14827141
Post your character sheet?

>a point where I feel like I can't advance anymore
Explain?
>>
>>14825394
Thanks, I've added it to the pastebin and I'll be seeding this from now on.
>>
>>14827141
Anything in particular? We'd be happy to help, but this game is so big that general advice isn't too useful
>>
I've been playing vanilla elona for awhile now and am starting in Elona+, just wondering if anyone has the NPC files for Black Valkyrie, I lost mine and I miss that NPC.

Also, the monster girl sprite sheet is crashing Elona+ 1.55 for me.
>>
>>14827141
I play thief too, but I only started using pickpocket after Zeome. That and the only thing I steal is furniture
>>
>>14827141
if you have 29+ strength, get a few companions and go to the snow, steal trees of naked while your companions kill all monster to prevent you getting caught. Trains pickpocket pretty fast, and you can rest in Noyel.
>>
File: characterpong.png (976KB, 1584x1344px) Image search: [Google]
characterpong.png
976KB, 1584x1344px
>>14827392
Black Valkyrie? In any case, convert attached to .bmp.
>>
>>14827429
This one is crashing elona+ 1.55 as well, it seems any change that is made to the graphic folder causes a crash.

Dropping the original files back into graphics fixes the crash.
>>
>>14827471
Try >>14810256
>>
>>14827471
Are you running Elona with the "Elona" exe or the other one. If you have GIMP open the file -> Export as...-> select do not write color space... in the advanced settings tab -> 24bit -> save. That solves 90% of errors. Did you remember to save the full image instead of the thumbnail?
>>
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Cthugha
Pet with meteor. Huh.
>>
>>14827577
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Part_time_worker_%28rain_festival%29

There's this guy too.
>>
>>14827475
This worked, thank you.

>>14827429
Black Valkyrie was a cNPC I downloaded from one of the moongate maps, she had a White Valkyrie too. I never see that moongate anymore and lost the cNPC files for her, if anyone can upload them I'd be grateful.

I found an image that has Black Valkyrie in it
>>
Does using a 1.54 save file in 1.55 break anything?
>>
File: alias.png (341KB, 384x440px) Image search: [Google]
alias.png
341KB, 384x440px
5, 7, or 9 pick my alias and name.
>>
>>14827685
q is good
>>
>>14827653
It should get updated to 1.55.

>>14827685
H
>>
>>14827685

reroll
>>
>>14827685
I like Golden Stardust
>Had the chance to get Illusionist Blue
>Rerolled because I wanted to laugh at words with gay in them
>settled with Daybreak Gold
What could have been
Also I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm having fun.
Little Girl is destroying fuckers left and right, riding on a horse I don't really care for but I want to raise riding, just got a defender from Jure.
I should probably do the main quest at some point?
level 17 with probably lower stats than I should have maybe
>>
>>14827685
Pick b and go for a martial artist that tag teams with a martial artist pet that has continuous attacks (cmon it's close enough)

Also I was exploring an awakened dungeon and every few turns the screen shook and I got the message "You are all alone." While clearing the floor it abruptly stopped, but I saw nothing out of the ordinary. Anyone know what's going on?
>>
>>14827766
> main quest at some point

You could spend a RL year in North tyis and have no problems at all.
>>
>>14827766

I was level 120 before I bothered to do the main quest, you should probley go do it once you max out on AP though
>>
>>14827777
I already have.
>>14827786
I thought AP gain was after the main quest in south?
>>
>>14827777
well not a "real life year" I've just played this game before and spent weeks/months doing fuck all
maybe one day I'll learn how to play properly
>>
>>14827796
You can earn AP anytime, as long as the monster you kill is strong enough. People usually find those monsters once they hit the second continent, but if you stick around north tyris for a while you'll eventually run into monsters that can give AP
>>
>>14827777
Eating herbed foods before maxing out speed with AP is kind of a waste though. Best to get to AP farming quick imo.

>>14827772
It's a haunted dungeon. How terrifying!

Or it could be the Silent Ocean special action on an NPC. Are you playing on custom? Without custom?
The flavor text for that action is nonsense in english:

>霧とともに周囲に海が広がった。
>You're all alone.

"An expanse of ocean and fog spreads out." might be better.
>>
>>14827685
>No one has gotten the get
>But got quads

Going with Golden Stardust since you guys seemed to like it.
>>
File: nightmare.png (317KB, 797x596px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare.png
317KB, 797x596px
Superb mind res and rod of change creature must be saved me. Actually almost died when changed spiral king into dragon zombie he left me 50hp after poison storm but I was able to get away and heal up.
>>
>>14827828
Playing on custom.

Damn, I was really hoping that it was some kind of super rare spooky boss or something, I did see one of those sea monsters surrounded by a ton of water so I'm guessing you're right.
>>
>>14827837
Keep us updated on your character!

>>14827863
Damn that witch is super cute. You happen to have the sprite for it?
>>
File: asada.png (601KB, 696x396px) Image search: [Google]
asada.png
601KB, 696x396px
>>14827898
I take awhile. I'll let the next odd number decide my name so long as it isn't something like 'faggot'.
>>
File: witch.png (3KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
witch.png
3KB, 48x48px
>>14827898
Not sure where is it from.
>>
>>14827906
My vote's for something like Josephine, or anything that starts with Jo-, just to keep with the theme
>>
>>14827938
>>
>>14827955
Nope. Remember to bless them before using them!
>>
>>14828065
It was on the wiki after all, but thank you all the same.
>>
>>14827577
>>14827586
Sounds cool but I'd be worried that your pet might kill you alongside the enemies. Especially if your pet is scaling faster than you in power.
>>
File: 85e1b3a60311612d7a532e2b822de8f1.png (919KB, 1272x768px) Image search: [Google]
85e1b3a60311612d7a532e2b822de8f1.png
919KB, 1272x768px
>>14827963
Fastest I've hit level 6, I also got an early Fluffy Tail and some fairly nice gear so far.
>>
>>14828383
Well if you use Elona custom you can perfectly control when your pet casts meteor. No guarantees that it won't still instagib you when it casts it, though
>>
>>14828080
Eh, don't be afraid to ask questions, even if they're on the wiki. Of course, it's best that you read the wiki first, but we get so little traffic already, and many of us don't mind helping newer players out
>>
>>14828687
What is the 'Equipment for a tomorrow" thing? Just flavor text or does it mean some sort of hidden attribute?
>>
>>14828701
Flavor.
>>
>>14828739
Also, is Elona+ just generally more forgiving on lower levels? I've found much better gear and leveled up a lot faster then I would of on vanilla Elona so far. I've even noticed a ton of shops selling gear with stat bonuses for pretty cheap.

I even managed to pick up some boots with +5 speed along with the normal material bonus, and an amulet with +5 charisma along with other random ++ and material bonus.

Did I accidentally pick an easy difficulty, or does it ramp up?
>>
What kinds of slots should I add to a 2H Murder Knight? I'm thinking at least two rings for the eventual extra melee attacks. But what of the third slot? Another ring, or is the damage increase off an arm significant enough to be worthwhile?
>>
>>14828761
Some things have gotten easier and the grind is a bit less. But don't worry. The later parts of Elona+ are brutal. There are very nasty monsters in this version but you won't see them for quite awhile. Once you get to South Tyris you should feel the difficulty ramping up. If you're having an easy time now, I would guess you're one of the lucky ones. A bunch of people have difficulty during early game.
>>
>>14828777
2H as in two hand or duel wielding? If you're just going for two hand a default body layout is fine. If you're duel wielding you may want to get creative with slots. Probably more hands for a duel wielder. Just keep in mind that you need to worry about your defense and resists and not just power. Consider that when you pick slots. It's pretty easy to get enough armor and resists through a default body configuration because of the various static artifacts out there for the different slots. However, with a really weird one you might have to do a little bit more work to get your defenses covered. A lot more RNG praying that the gear you get has resists and good enough PV/DV. Or praying that you get a living weapon to create a resist stick or something.
>>
>>14828832
I mean dual wielding. I hate my auto spelling correction and word selection on my phone.
>>
Have been playing this game for the first time for around 30 minutes, and just got a wish because someone drew something from a well?

Which should I wish for, a Vindale Cloak, a Happy Bed, Seven League Boots, or something else? I haven't really played enough to know which will help me out the most.
>>
>>14828860
Seven League Boots is usually the first thing people wish for. It reduces travel time making quests that rely on getting somewhere fast easier.
>>
>>14828874
This, thou I usually prefer getting an Aurora Ring, since doing the yeek quest gives boots with better combat stats and only somewhat less travel time. Not being confused on the overworld in hard rain is much better imo, and the ring is usually useful in combat as well, especially if you got a glass roll.
>>
>>14828860
Yes, you can get wishes by drinking from the well.

But be careful because there are also negative effects from drinking from wells (stat losses, summoning random monsters, instantly dying by falling into the well, getting infested by aliens... etc)
>>
>>14829029
I think he had a party member that drank from a well, which means the wish is transferred to him anyway, letting party members drink from wells is usually worth the risk so long as you carry something to kill alien babbys
>>
4D pocket is amazing.

So amazing that my tomatoes are unrotting.
>>
NPC in luminest was killed by an unseen hand which I then later found out was the Wizard.
Do NPCs respawn in Elona?
>>
How do I get back random moongates, instead of the list? I feel like the list is cheating.

>>14829065
Towns respawn entirely every like, in game week. You can observe when the reset happens if you dig a wall, it will regenerate. NPCs will keep gear and effects however, but they will respawn.

If they randomly teleport, and you need them often, give them a scroll of uncurse. If you have pickpocket, peek into their inventory to see if they still have cursed items and repeat (Don't steal it, unless you have high pick pocket.)
>>
>>14828941
You can press [s] a few times to wait out that confusion on the world map.
>>
>>14829095
Yes, but that makes traveling such a chore.
>>
Didn't tomatoes give the fury buff when thrown? Because they don't seem to do anything now.
>>
>>14829076
Thanks
>>
>>14829108
Only when Rotten and uncooked.
>>
>>14829108
Only if they are rotten. That's >>14829048 why you can't keep them in 4D pocket.
>>
>>14828860
I used to grab a Vindale Cloak, but not anymore these days.
Ether Disease stops becoming an issue pretty early on, even earlier if you savescum the casino. Being an Elea makes this even less of an issue.
>>
>>14829131
>>14829128
Aw shit, I've been smashing them on my head for nothing.
>>
File: asdf.png (749KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
749KB, 800x600px
Alright, Elona+ noob here. I played Elona 1.16(?) many years ago and that game kicked my ass despite the hours I devoted to it. I got busy and I dropped the game but flash forward several years I'm not as busy anymore. I want to finally kick this games ass so I poked around and people told me to get Elona+ and sent me here. I created a joke character to try out Elona+ and to familarize myself with this game again before I make a serious character.

I read the pastebins and stuff has been coming back to me about how I played regular Elona but real talk here anon. What is the strongest class and race combination I should play as to kick ass at this game? I don't really care if it's the hardest class or race combination to play as long as in the end I'm face rolling everything. Or if there's multiple class and race combinations can you tell me what the players with the strongest characters are playing? Well shit, while we're at it what is everyone playing? What should I avoid doing at all cost in Elona+?
>>
>>14829291
Snail Tourist is one of the strongest combos, try that.
>>
>>14829344
Doesn't seem strong but I'll give you the benefit of a doubt. Sell me on why Snail Tourist is a strong combo.
>>
>>14829379
It will make you a real man!
>>
>>14829379
Easiest combinaison to gain AP with.
Weak as shit at start, quicker to become stronger later.
The weakness is hard to deal with if you aren't intimate with most mechanics though.
>>
>>14829428
What's AP? This is my first time playing Elona+ so there's no way I consider myself an expert at this game.
>>
>>14829291
Race and class doesn't matter that much. Especially late game. Just play whatever you like.
>>
Does Fame ever change the way NPCs talk to you? I'm not a nobody anymore, damn it!
>>
Is there a way in-game to know whether something has the cHorse bit?

I recently dominated a Yerles Conbat Plane and want to use it as a pet, but I end up with less speed than riding on Pascal (188 on the plane as opposed to 199 on Pascal).
No idea if I just don't have enough Riding to ride the Yerles Conbat Plane properly yet.
>>
>>14829488
As far as I know, you'll have to check the wiki to find out if it has a certain bit.
>>
>>14829291
Late game just about all racial bonuses can be made up for in equipment or otherwise so it's kind of a moot point.

Class bonus is even less of an issue as there is an in game item (Business Card) that will allow you to change your class if you so wish.

If you want an easier start (so quicker to mid/end game), pick some well known combos that work well like Elea Wizard or warmage, Yerles gunner, etc..

I don't recommend >>14829344 if you're a complete beginner.

Yes you'll get an easier AP grind but you'll lose a lot of time early game with your start being absolute hell.
>>
>>14829488
I think if you ride a pet with the cHorse bit you get a flavour text. Something along the lines of "It rides comfortably" or something...
>>
File: 45floor.webm (3MB, 796x598px) Image search: [Google]
45floor.webm
3MB, 796x598px
With superb+ magic res and strong chaos res it wasn't hard at all.
>>
Ether disease hit me and I got a huge head from it.
The stat changes seem to have gotten stronger so I'm wondering if the disease has spread more or if it's relative to level.
I don't really want to lose the +15 learning I get from it but is it a good idea to not cure it just for that?
>>
>>14829448
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/AP
Not relevant until after you beat the entirety of vanilla elona.
>>
>>14829515
The stat changes are level based.

-Constitution 5 + Lv / 3 , -Dexterity 4 + Lv / 4 , Learning 6 + Lv / 2 , Willpower 2 + Lv / 6

If you are using magic it's kind of helpful, otherwise you can get rid of it.

If you can deal with it maybe just wait til your next ether disease shows up as I think cure corruption will get rid of more than one.
>>
>>14829515
I guess you can make a case for certain ether diseases to have around like hooves, carapace, and that one that deals with hate but a lot of them are just flat out bad and some make you lose slots. It's just not worth it later when you start finding good stuff to equip. Weigh the pros and the cons but I kinda feel the cons outweigh the pros a lot. I'd say cure it. The +15 learning is a drop in the bucket compared to the stuff you need to actually realize a significant difference.
>>
>>14829513
>Lowest level of the infamous death trap of Lesimas seems like a perfect good place to throw a party. Hey, there's two dudes fighting to the death ! Let's invite them ? They refused ? Whatever, let's party ! CHUG CHUG CHUG
>>
>>14829536
I'm playing as a mage even though currently I'm training my firearms.
Found a bullet that can stop time, use magic and also rapid fire so I wanted to try them out.
Pretty fun but I still like magic as a main more.
>>14829545
The only real penalties to the disease I have are con and dex currently though and I have +9 to my dex from other feats and generally okay con from leveling it a bit.
>>
As a new player with a gunner character, what should I save my small medals for?
>>
>>14829561
Save your medals for Hermes Potions or Growth Scrolls. If tonfas do add damage to firearms you may want to consider the Shield Tonfa. Maybe another anon can comment on this. Hermes Blood and Growth Scrolls are good regardless of what you're playing though so they're definitely recommended.
>>
File: character.png (589KB, 700x401px) Image search: [Google]
character.png
589KB, 700x401px
>>14827348
>>14827374
Whenever I get to like level 15-20 I feel like I am either too overpowered for normal missions or too underpowered for dungeoneering, I think they also nerfed performance since I'm not getting as much money as before. I've been looking for a stradi but no luck.
>>
File: character.png (2KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
character.png
2KB, 48x48px
I didn't like how they got hands and were more or less bipedal, so i made this.
I think it enables one to better understand the horror of their foes.
>>
>>14828761
Definitely more forgiving early on, especially for spellcasters. I've never reached anything beyond walking into Vernis for the first time in vanilla, so I don't know how it compares, but Elona+ has a much more expanded late game, so I'd assume it ramps up.

Also, Ano removed a bunch of cheese, like using sandbagged enemies to gain experience much faster than you're supposed to, so maybe it balances out?
>>
>>14830154
Hmm, mind posting your equips (each individual item, sorry)? From what I can tell, your weapons are pretty bad, but that's fine if you're going mage.
If you are, though, I wouldn't dual wield unless you switched to warmage, lower casting chance really kills.

Performance was nerfed, but they made levelling it much easier, so it's a trade off. Once you hit perform level 30, you'll get Ensemble, which doesn't use an instrument, so you may want to consider that instead.

As for dungeons, you're definitely strong enough for puppy cave, and if I recall correctly the yeek's nest shouldn't be too much trouble for you either. If you do end up needing help, though, go to Derphy and buy a slave or two - a nurse earlygame does wonders for your survivability.

Sorry if this is a bit too generic, I really need more information about your character.
>>
What weapon types is safe for spellcaster?
>>
>>14830480
Claw and tonfa.
You can put any weapon in your main hand and range slot without penalty.
Shield outside the range slot induce a penalty.
>>
>>14830512
How do you put items not guns in the PCs ranged slot?
>>
>>14830529
Same as any item.
Try it.

Do not mistake the ammo slot for the range slot, only ammo go into that.
>>
File: 061-What already over.jpg (195KB, 1296x704px) Image search: [Google]
061-What already over.jpg
195KB, 1296x704px
Mmmh, it was extremely easy.
I think i got a shot at Amurdad.
Better prepare the teleport spell for an hasty strategic retreat, though.
>>
>>14830716
Post snail stats.
>>
File: 062-Snapshot Meshera.jpg (581KB, 1886x1144px) Image search: [Google]
062-Snapshot Meshera.jpg
581KB, 1886x1144px
>>14830731
Here you go.
>>
File: 31662818.jpg (454KB, 1155x910px) Image search: [Google]
31662818.jpg
454KB, 1155x910px
>>14830768
190 gardening. You fed them lots of herbs, right? It's insane how fast pets grow in power compared to the player. How much fighting do you usually do on your own?
>>
>>14830716
>>14830768
And here I struggled to solo her. Are pets really the way to go these days?
>>
>>14830788
Well... Check my AP.
I really, really tried to grow.
But then i (re)discovered soul spindle, and i stopped planning for the long term.

As for herbed acorns...
Now, it's a guesstimate, but it's well around 200 each.

>>14830819
Each playstyle is fun in its own way.
There's one enormous advantage sadly about pets, aside for the power explosion of course, and that is material gathering.
All my solo playthrough, i never saw sap of yggdrassil go above 50 for example, and that's after 100-200 hours...
Here, only 60 in, i'm at... HOLY SHIT 389
Holy shit that's... 190 potion of potential ?
Holy shit. I hope Ano will replace one of the feat with a passive ability to imitate the pets, and get material on death, because this is RIDICULOUS.
And not in a good way !
>>
File: 1352811099766.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1352811099766.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>14830838
Speaking of soul spindle...
What happen if you do it with a little sister ?
Do they count for the quest ?
>>
>>14830858
>What happen if you do it with a little sister ?
L-l-lewd!!
>>
>>14830838
Damn, man, how'd you get so many herb seeds? I have 5 statues of Kumi and I can barely fill a garden with them
>>
New thread now or give it ten-twenty more minutes?
>>
>>14831127
Being a sn- slimegirl that is slow, and camping in Yowyn.
Never pass the opportunity to do harvest quests, herb seed are always possible to get.

Now that i'm faster, it's actually slowing down and i'm feeling the attrition something fierce, hence my desire to go visit Amurdad for a friendly chat.

No but really, if you're serious about herbs you should probably forget any other city but Yowyn. No other town come close to the amount of harvest quests. ( i don't know about lost irva, but it's true for south tyris. Is there something better in lost irva ? I'll verify myself tomorrow )
>>
>>14831167
We wait till this one dies.
>>
>>14831179
I was just asking cause this one should be off the catalog in a half-hour tops but since we're already on page ten...but alright.
Thread posts: 445
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.