[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /jp/! It's been a while since the last thread.... I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14

File: 39047290384.jpg (471KB, 2048x1280px) Image search: [Google]
39047290384.jpg
471KB, 2048x1280px
Hi, /jp/! It's been a while since the last thread....

I like tea. Do you like tea?
Let's discuss tea.
>>
Tea is for plebs. Coffee is where it at
>>
>>14680521
You can like both, anon!
>>
MATCHA REPRESENT
>>
I love green tea, but have only ever had cheap stuff in bags. Is there a newfag guide out there?

I assume I should look into an infuser, and loose leaves.
>>
>>14681966
dens has a 3 dollar sampler that has a pretty thick booklet about brew times/temps and introduces you to a decent variety of green teas.

It also has a coupon for 3 dollars off any order with them. Might be worth peeking at.
>>
File: 050804_h01.jpg (138KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
050804_h01.jpg
138KB, 800x1000px
I'm more of a coffee drinker, myself. However, Japanese sencha is to die for. I sometimes get the really good stuff at a tea store nearby. Anyone else living in Japan drink the bottled green tea by Itoen? That stuff is really good, too.
>>
i like oolong tea a lot but i haven't been able to drink it because my heart has been acting up.

rooibos and chamomile are what i have now. they're good but it isn't the same
>>
>>14687073
that stuff has a weird woody taste to me in comparison to regular loose sencha.

I'm not sure I like it or not, but I still drink it here and there.
>>
Hello everyone
I bought a nice tea set for my birthday
I want to make nice tea. What is a nice tea to buy? I like a lot, but I do not like raspberry or grapefruit. I had grapefruit tea yesterday and it was bad.
>>
File: 48336981_p0.jpg (76KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
48336981_p0.jpg
76KB, 1000x1000px
I've developed a six cup a day habit of coffee and cheap black tea and now if I try to quit I get headaches

tasukete
>>
>>14687642
gyokuro

for the high life.
>>
>>14688061
Yeah, I used to lovingly brew my own masala tea in whole milk from loose leaves and hand-ground spices but when I started living alone it was cheaper and more convenient to buy Irish Breakfast and Russian Caravan bags in bulk and just steep it in microwaved water. Now I drink two or three cups of black coffee or tea every morning and at least three to five more cups of black tea througout the day and stopping for even two days gives me headaches and severe insomnia. I really don't think this is healthy.
>>
I wish I could like tea.
I don't like bitter tastes.
>>
>>14689649
Tea isn't really bitter unless you make it that way. It's just kind of strong compared to other hot drinks. If your tea is noticeably bitter then either you're drinking tea that's meant to be bitter or you've brewed it way too long.
>>
I tend to drink Chinese white teas, like baihao yinzhen and bai mudan, since they have such a light and refreshing taste. I really want to try white darjeeling, but I have no idea where I can purchase it. Help please?
>>
>>14689579
Gyokuro just takes like overly sweet sencha. It's only pricey because it's a pain in the dick to grow, not because it's good.
>>
Been thinking about getting an ubaguchi kettle
>>
>>14690361
those seem kinda neat.
What kinda tea would you brew in it? got your eye on any in specific?
>>
I had some Korean corn tea the other day and it felt amazing. It heard that it taste similar to roasted barley tea so I would like to try that some day.
>>
I've really been getting into Longjing, though occasionally switch back to Kyoto Gyokuro. My taste is suffering because I'm poor.
When I'm too lazy for loose leaf, I just have some genmaicha or average peppermint.
>>14690256
I think you might be brewing it wrong, then. Steppe it at a lower temperature homie.
>>
>>14680519
When I went to japan, I tried to tell them I would drink anything but green tea, because I hate the stuff. Somehow I fucked up and they thought it was my favorite, so I got it at every meal.

We went to a tea ceremony at the high school club, and I know you're supposed to take it in 3 sips or whatever, but it took me like 17 because that shit was piping hot and foul as fuck. 2nd worst thing I've ever tasted. Then they gave us some awful-ass candy whatevers, which were the 1st worst thing I've ever tasted.

Later, after we played basketball against some class, they had a water cooler and I got a cup because I'm tired and thirsty obviously. Turns out, it was ice-cold green motherfucking tea. Actually better cold than hot, but still.

I'm a fucking weeb, but I do not have Japanese taste buds.
>>
File: 145175667333.png (324KB, 600x625px) Image search: [Google]
145175667333.png
324KB, 600x625px
I haven't made tea for almost a month because my family accidentally broke my kyusu and I have been meaning to fix it via a poor man's kintsugi, but I am afraid it is going to look like a 3rd grader fixed it as I have no artistic talent. I should have just bought a new one. I like sencha and genmaicha tea.
>>
>>14691773
Nah nothing specific I just love milfs so drinking from a hag's mouth type appeals to me.
>>
>>14691803
I have an electric kettle with temperature settings and used to prepare it according to the instructions, but that aside, overbrewing makes tea bitter, not sweet. Gyokuro just doesn't do anything for me.
>>
I'm still a teabag peasant. Honey rooibos is alright.
>>
I got some puerh with dried berries in it and it's so comfy. It's strong enough that i've made three pots with the same leaves and it still tastes pretty good.
>>
>>14694587
most puerh should be able to last 10+ infusions. part of what makes it so great

i like taiwan tea the best. currently drinking classics charcoal roasted tgy and jin xuan. wish i could have more in stock or just better tea but not enough money. I cant even drink
>>
>>14697268
*cant even drink eveyday
once every 2 or 3
>>
>>14680519

How are NEETs supposed to afford flavored leaf water?
>>
>>14697607
Go outside, pick some leaves, and stick it in a mug of water and microwave for 3 minutes.
>>
How do you make cold green tea with leafs again? I remember that someone said ice cubes and just put them on the leafs. Don't see how that works.
>>
>>14697611
That could be potentially dangerous, be careful /jp/ .
>>
File: 1452887425429.jpg (73KB, 494x706px) Image search: [Google]
1452887425429.jpg
73KB, 494x706px
I've been feeling tea-curious lately, problem is I don't know anything. Is there any nice site about making tea I could read?
Till now I've only had crappy teabags that taste like muddy water.
>>
>>14701343
>>14686807

like I said, dens tea has a really thick how-to book along with some samplers of some nice tea for 3 dollars.
If you ever wanted to get into greens, it's a really good starting place and a pretty interesting read.
>>
>>14701274
Don't stir the water with a fork and leave the fork in when you microwave it.
>>
>>14702224
Got it, I won't stir but I'll leave the fork in.
>>
>>14702280
And he was never heard from again.
>>
>>14681966
Just buy the sachets by Maeda-en you see in grocery stores
They're all fairly well quality and will last a while
An infuser you can buy at a store too, for much easier to find
>>
File: bea_fukigena1.png (190KB, 496x480px) Image search: [Google]
bea_fukigena1.png
190KB, 496x480px
Only black tea
>>
Black tea with lemon.
Comfy and warming, yet refreshing. Two spoons of sugar, squash the lemon to shit with your spoon.
A piece of heaven right there.
>>
>>14704289
>Black tea
>lemon
>sugar
That isn't how you drink tea pleb.
>>
>>14704337
And how do you, tell me.
>>
Who /Jin Xuan/ here?
>>
File: 1439736996490.jpg (36KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1439736996490.jpg
36KB, 400x300px
>>14704337
as long you like the taste

who cares
>>
Alright, what can I add to black tea that won't make me a fucking barbarian? The stuff I have is high mountain. Loose, of course.
>>
>>14704380
Fuck off, Chink.
>>
>>14704349
>>14704405
The nippon way, of course
>>
>>14704405
>what can I add to black tea that won't make me a fucking barbarian
Water. Anything else is a mark of savagery.
>>
>>14704513
I don't have any war crime on hand. Is there a suitable alternative?
>>
File: fuck off m8.png (148KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off m8.png
148KB, 500x500px
>>14704651
Then GTFO you fucking savage
>>
File: 1448514596001.png (90KB, 183x200px) Image search: [Google]
1448514596001.png
90KB, 183x200px
Are you meant to heat the milk before adding it? Adding cold milk makes the tea lukewarm.
>>
>>14704708
Room temperature or lukewarm milk is the way to go. Plenty of people use it to cool down the tea if it's too hot too. You shouldn't be adding so much that it stops being hot.
>>
File: 31355_sakuraallurertea.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
31355_sakuraallurertea.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
What do you think of Teavana? I like their tea with candied fruit inside, it makes for tasty tea.
>>
I don't drink tea anymore because it has too much caffeine.
I shall tell you that white tea is really good, and you should try it.

Today I had a tisane composed primarily of licorice root.
>>
>>14706112
theyre overpriced but their leaves arent too bad. I've had afew things from them and it's mostly alright.

I'd stick to stuff not tied into the starbucks monopoly though, honestly.
>>
>>14680519
the women where I work laughed at me when I said I like hoji cha. they said I'm an old man and that it's disgusting.

does any other niggers like hoji or is it just me?
>>
>>14710356
It's great. I don't know why someone would say that; houjicha is a lot milder and less of an acquired taste than regular green tea.
>>
>>14706112
Last new years they gave me my tea for free just because they wanted to. The quality is okay though if you have the extra money to waste it's okay if there's nothing else around.
>>
File: Chai-Tea,-Cybilla.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Chai-Tea,-Cybilla.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
Let's not forget chai. That stuff is to die for. Especially when you mix it with milk. Heaven.
>>
>>14711034
>milk with tea
Degenerate.
>>14706340
I want to try white tea but none of the hipster organic food places sell any.

Anways, how do I steep Sencha correctly?
>>
>>14711034
>Especially when you mix it with milk.
You're supposed to brew it in milk actually. Indian tea is made specifically with milk in mind, which is part of the reason it's so often heavily spiced or flavored with things like almonds, since it's inevitably less strong than tea brewed in water. This also makes ideal for dipping things like tea biscuits and rusk. That watery shit you get at Starbucks isn't chai.
>>
ごぼう茶 and 麦茶 are GOAT teas.
>>
>>14711329
Chai is literally brewed in milk and has been from the get go.

Stop being a shitter with your elitism when you dont know what you're talking about.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.