[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atheism in Gensokyo

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Atheist 2hu.png (162KB, 453x435px) Image search: [Google]
Atheist 2hu.png
162KB, 453x435px
Since traditional Japanese religions are present in Gensokyo and entire beings such as Kanoko and Suwako being made out of "Faith" how would an atheist epidemic affect Gensokyo.

Would it just not happen, would it destroy all of gensokyo, or would nothing happen.
>>
Gods die and go back to being nameless, either that or they're perma-del'd if the villagers cast aside Shintoism as a whole.
>>
>>14637555
I would think the existence of the supernatural would be an easy thing to prove in Gensokyo...
>>
>>14637555
>atheist epidemic
Japanese don't believe in god but fairy.
>>
>>14637555
Atheists count as +0 not -1 faith.
Unless they convince the human village into not believing anymore nothing will happen.
>>
>>14637555
>Atheists
>World where gods exist and can clearly be seen and talked with
DnD had this, and it was fucking dumb. It's dumb now, and you're dumb for implying it's possible.
>>
>>14637555
Sakuya is an atheist, and it wouldn't jack shit for Gensokyo
>>
File: 1447892127518.png (2MB, 1466x990px) Image search: [Google]
1447892127518.png
2MB, 1466x990px
>>14639989
>Sakuya is an atheist
>>
>>14637555
How can you be an atheist in a land where a god could come to your house and beat you into submission for saying that there are no gods?
>>
>>14639989
An atheist in Gensokyo is impossible. Apatheist is more likely.

You cannot be an atheist when gods come to your house and invite you to a party.
>>
File: tumblr_nfrp1x9N9M1taafbao1_400.png (138KB, 364x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfrp1x9N9M1taafbao1_400.png
138KB, 364x360px
>>14639989
My headcanon is stronger than your shit
>>
>>14640492
>tumblr
>>
>>14640496
imo desu this filename is very accurate to meme
>>
>>14640486
But it's possible, you just need to say Gensokyo "gods" are just powerful creatures that feed on belief to survive but not actual gods.
>>
>>14640589
But in the polytheistic context of Gensokyo that is the very definition of a god. You cannot reasonably define something as a god and then reject its status as one.
>>
>>14640589
definitions you fucktard, definitions, this isnt pillars of eternity
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.