[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LIGHT NOVELS

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 46

File: zoe 019.png (1MB, 1207x1200px) Image search: [Google]
zoe 019.png
1MB, 1207x1200px
What are you reading?
>>
File: 031.jpg (518KB, 797x1200px) Image search: [Google]
031.jpg
518KB, 797x1200px
>>14571102
I want to say OVERLORD but... well, fuck
Same with Highschool DxD. I heard some people talk about their children coming back from the future, but have no idea where they got that from. I havent seen any of that

Slave Harem
Gun Ota
GATE
Elf Tensei
Legendary Moonlight Sculptor

Some other stuff I can't remember right now.
>>
>>14571139
It's DxD EX, a canon side story about all his kids coming from the future to change something in order to save Asia.
>>
>>14571164
I thought I read DX.... wait, EX? I haven't seen that translated. Is not on bakatsuki, right? is someone else translating it or is people talking about stuff they read in japanese?
>>
>>14571221
/a/ talks about it a lot and you can find summaries of the first 4 parts on animesuki. Not sure where the actual parts are uploaded though.
Basically, Issei's kids from 30 years in the future come back to the present day to prevent something from happening to Asia in the future. He's knocked up pretty much every female character in the series. Over 20 confirmed children, with 10 or so revealed so far, and all from different mothers.
>>
>>14571273
Koneko?
Also, what are their apparent ages? if it is 30 years in the future and they are about the same age as Issei is now, does that means he will still mess around for a decade or more before starting to have children?
>>
anybody know the name of the light novel about a guy who gets reincarnated as a little girl and leads armies?
>>
>>14571293
Devils aren't good at the whole having kids thing. Typical fantasy rules, exceedingly long lived species means exceedingly low birth rates, so it's considered remarkable that he's managed to breed 20 women in such a comparatively short span of time.
Koneko's confirmed for one of the mothers, along with Kuroka.
>>
File: 00000.jpg (117KB, 986x1400px) Image search: [Google]
00000.jpg
117KB, 986x1400px
My bookwalker ripper stopped working so I went for amazon's shitty overcompressed kindle books ;_;
>>
>>14571296
Youjo senki

http://skythewood.blogspot.sg/p/youjo-senki.html
>>
Does anyone know where i can get the no game no life light novels with a decent translation? all i see is shitty ones all over the place.
>>
File: samemonogatari.jpg (62KB, 350x499px) Image search: [Google]
samemonogatari.jpg
62KB, 350x499px
Just finished 何かが深海からやってくる 8月の迷惑な侵略者たち (The Invaders Who Came From the Ocean and Ruined My August), which is about bipedal shark-things and conspiracies. It was kinda bland but I read it because I just finished translating something else involving the author and was curious.

Started reading Haken no Kouki Altina volume 9. It's the only currently ongoing series that I actually care about.
>>
>>14571102
lndb.info/light_novel/School_Live_Online
>>
>>14571102
Going to catch up on some releases and then I'll finally finish FMP and Tasogare-iro no Uta Tsukai.

>>14571487
One more victim...

>>14573308
Stuff from Ichijinsha that is 1-volume long always feels like that. Gave up on this label after trying to read some random LNs last year.
>>
File: cover002.jpg (222KB, 1506x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cover002.jpg
222KB, 1506x1200px
>>14573947
Yeah, I think it's the first Ichijinsha book I've actually finished, and the only others from them I've got in my collection are another book from the same author, and Sen no Maken to Tate no Otome. I haven't started the latter yet, but I'm hoping that it's actually going to be good. A couple years ago I would have said, "A series won't run 10+ volumes if it sucks," but nowadays I'm not even so sure about that.
>>
File: zoe sexy pajamas.jpg (222KB, 850x1188px) Image search: [Google]
zoe sexy pajamas.jpg
222KB, 850x1188px
>>14574128
what is that cover from? I liked Gun Ota and would like to read something else with guns in a fantasy setting. GATE LN translation is taking too long considering that the manga is like in volume 4-5 already.

I wanna know what happens to the characters. Last I saw on the manga, Itami finally accepted the delicious brown elf as his slave, but i seriously doubt he will actually treat her as she seems to expect/want her "master" to treat her.

Honestly I expect him to treat her like a friend forever because he would feel bad taking advantage. Poor Yao, by making herself into his slave, she pretty much guaranteed that she will never be his lover.

I also really wanna see more of the girls shenannigans in modern japan. I would love to see Yao guide her people to cross the GATE and live in X forest of the modern world, free from Hardy or however she's called.

Also, the reaction of Risa, Itami's ex-wofe to Yao was pretty tame and skipped over in the manga. Just a simple thought bubble with "another elf?" on it, while I had the very clear impression that she would have sort of geeked out about a delicious dark elf slavegirl, you know?

I also really would like to see them all having more adventures in the modern world. You know most modeling agencies would like to hire the elf girls, and there would be lots of countries which would be happy to receive them as citizens of their national parks.

It just has SO FUCKING MUCH POTENTIAL, you know?

On a tangentially related note: Anyone has any info on how often will yen press release overlord volumes? I'd like to buy volume 10, and then slowly buy the older ones, but I have zero interest in buying vol 1 now and then sloooooowly buy my way up to vol 10. It just ain't happening.
>>
>>14574275
>what is that cover from?
Are you fucking serious? It's the cover. The title is right fucking there.

Is this what the jay has become?
>>
I have never read an LN before. I would read No Game No Life, but the anime covers up to & including Volume 2, and Volume 3 won't be out in English until April.
>>
File: 0003.jpg (235KB, 1200x1707px) Image search: [Google]
0003.jpg
235KB, 1200x1707px
>>14574290
>The title is right fucking there

1) Im 99% blind, I probably missed it
2) Is it even in english? if its in japanese, I wouldnt notice even if I saw it

>>14574306
Well, as you can probably guess, they run the gambit between great and terrible all the time. Don't expect great works of literature. I've seen shit such as "and he went upstairs from the 1st floor to the 2nd by climbing upstairs on the up direction" translated literally. I get it, people likes to stay as faithful to the source material as possible, but would it really kill them to translate that as "he went upstairs to the 2nd floor"? Just because it sounds good in its original language, it does not mean that it will be alright in every language.

So, as long as you understand that sometimes stuff seems phrased weird because of translation, and accept and overlook it, don't bother. But if you can get over it, they can be pretty fun.
>>
>>14574306
Ah, here's a good example. The Translator wrote:

>"Weed continuously moved along the rocky canyon and subdued those firing a bow. When Weed continuously swung the sword, surprisingly an 8 metre high pillar of fire occurred."

But what you have to read is

>"Weed kept moving along the rocky canyon, subduing the archers. As he kept swinging his sword, an amazing pullar of flames 24ft tall came forth!"

See the difference? But, one still has to be grateful to them for at least giving up this much, you know?

Speaking of which, I recommend you this Light Novel, Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. It's about a young guy that lives in the most absolute poverty, in the nearby future. There are VR games, and he somehow managed to. while working 7 jobs everyday to support his little sister and sickly grandma, blow steam and release his stress by climbing to the peak of power on a virtial reality MMORPG, then sold his super legendary account for a shit ton of money.

Loan sharks came and took the money away, but thankfully he managed to pay his grandma's hospital bills and buy a small house as well as VR equipment first. Then he spent a year doing sports and learning martial arts because the newest VR game promised to translate your real world skills and abilities into gameworld skills and abilities, and he wanted to minmax like the pro he was.

This is the story of his adventures in the new game, the history of how he climbed to the height of power through grinding like a madman (because after delivering bricks up and down a mountain in RL, grinding by hitting a scarecrow to raise his in-game sword skill was super relaxing) and raising all his skills evenly, including fishing (because its relaxing) which gives extra hp, pottery (because using mud to make pottery and then selling it its super cost effective). painting (because he can make paint using flowers and other freely available materials), and of course, sculpting, because you can grab a piece of wood from somewhere and carve something, or a rock, and thus its super cost-efficient.

Along his path to grinding perfection (and excessive cheapness, lets not forget how much he suffered through his life because of money), he also learns smithing (because some sculptures have to be made out of metal), tailoring, sewing, cooking, healing, etc.

Because health potions are so fucking expensive compared to making your own bandages and then applying them. He gets so good at it that his first aid skill is like an archpriests healing spell.

Oh, and that one time he buys the more expensive salt on the supermarket to celebrate getting like a million bucks for boradcasting rights to his online adventures? he regrets that for literal years afterwards. Literal uears.

He does it on volume 2, and expect him to whine about it well into volume 40 and so.

Test of courage? nothing is as scary as knowing that you have to do 7 jobs a day and that the hospital bills if you overwork yourself will pile up and demand that you work more to pay the bills, while the doctors tell you to take it easy, man!

http://arkmachinetranslations.com/legendary-moonlight-sculptor-table-of-contents/

The links are all over the place because honestly, its a LOT of volumes and we can't expect a single person to translate 40+ books on his own, though these heroic translators have each tackled like 15+ books each!

Enjoy
>>
>>14574501
Actually come think of it, WHY hasnt he reached GM level on his bandaging skill? I mean, he grinds 18+ hours ina row, and applies bandages to himself and his friends all the fucking time, but he's "only" on advanced bandaging skill 9 with 45.5% exp? what is this I don't even.

He really should have long ago mastered bandaging, when you think about it...

I haven't read ALL the books yet, but last time I checked, his sculpting skill was at advanced level 9 with like 87% exp... if he masters sculpting before bandages, I will be slightly pissed off.
>>
>>14574290
I'm sure the that thread so far is full of EOPs who read shitty mtls.
>>
File: Horizon1B_506-511.jpg (3MB, 4671x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Horizon1B_506-511.jpg
3MB, 4671x1100px
C'mon /jp/, it's 1648+368.
Why aren't you reading about people in skintight bodysuits recreating the 30 Years War with flying ships and lasers yet?
>>
Currently reading よくわかる現代魔法 ~ Tim Toady Bicarbonate (the 5th volume) while listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHk42kDwesM because it couldn't fit any better.
I didn't like the fourth volume as much I loved the first ones but now I see how everything was a build up for this one. I began reading the series by a friend recommendation who sperged over the writing like it was the second coming of Christ, but didn't expect liking it so much myself. The writer sure is fucked up in the head though, maybe I should finally try AYNIK after this.
>>
>>14575311
Because I'm waiting for the next volume to start coming out.
>>14576226
Fuck off hadler.
>>
>>14576240
Who?
>>
File: 1451887185579.jpg (52KB, 749x444px) Image search: [Google]
1451887185579.jpg
52KB, 749x444px
>>14576261
fucken lol, do you really care that someone spotted you on the jay?
>>
>>14576283
Oh, I see now. I thought those celebrities talk were exclusive to eroge threads but maybe I was too optimistic. Thanks for killing my hopes.
>>
>>14576365
>twitter attention whores
>celebrities
Don't flatter yourself.
I'm quoting my thought process btw.
>>
File: ktm.png (793KB, 579x761px) Image search: [Google]
ktm.png
793KB, 579x761px
Currently reading pic related, 犬と魔法のファンタジー by Tanako Romeo.

Future reading:
終末なにしてますか? 忙しいですか? 救ってもらっていいですか?
ミス・ファーブルの蟲ノ荒園
OBSTACLEシリーズ 激突のヘクセンナハト
この素晴らしい世界に爆焔を!
ねじ巻き精霊戦記 天鏡のアルデラミン
Fate/Prototype
えびてん 綺譚奇譚

Yes, some of these are LNs hadler recommended on Twitter few months ago, yes.

And also 夜な短し、歩けよ乙女 which isn't a LN. Picked it up because Kastel was mentioning it a lot in his writings about Sakura no Uta.
>>
>>14577533
>夜な短し
夜は短し*
>>
>>14574128
Well, Kawaguchi is famous for his fantasy series so it should be better than your average Ichijinsha LN... I guess. At least Madan was somewhat a decent read up to volume 5.

>>14577533
爆焔 and not 祝福? The first one is a spin-off of the latter btw.
>>
>>14577928
>爆焔 and not 祝福? The first one is a spin-off of the latter btw.

I did read 祝福 already. Well, one volume. And since I liked Megumin and it turned out her spin-off is a prequel of sorts, I went ahead and procured volume 1.
>>
>>14576240
>Because I'm waiting for the next volume to start coming out.
Nice.
How was Girls talk 2?
>>
>>14577533
>ミス・ファーブルの蟲ノ荒園
This shit is so fucking good.
>>
>>14578377
I sure hope so, when I bought it.
>>
>>14576226
>We conjure the spirits of the computer with our spells

The Machine Spirit!? For the Omnissiah! is this a STC?!
>>
File: cover.jpg (797KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
797KB, 1127x1600px
>>14571487
we did it reddit
>>
>>14580281
what is this about?
>>
File: 1450374598354.png (226KB, 468x345px) Image search: [Google]
1450374598354.png
226KB, 468x345px
I recently bought both volumes of TnY.

While I'm glad the LN is finally being translated, it's like some illiterate Anon is translating it.

There's quite a bit of spelling errors and grammar mistakes. I'm kinda disappointed. Get your shit together, One Peace Books.
>>
Been trying to find the title of the one WN where the main character and his two friends gets summoned and he decides
to fuck off from the suicide mission while trying to find a way back home. Not knowing the title has been seriously bothering me for the past 3 days.
>>
>>14581915
ded lolis
>>
File: a.png (415KB, 652x1144px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
415KB, 652x1144px
Is Jinrui really this good?
>>
Anyone read 火輪を抱いた少女1 晴れのち地獄 or anything else by 七沢またり?
>>
>>14584080
No (obviously).
>>
>>14584160
Why not?
>>
>>14584188
Why don't you find out yourself? You can easily read the first few chapters to form your own opinion.
>>
>>14584160
Why the (obviously)?
>>
File: OBSTACLE_01_142_143.jpg (138KB, 1200x866px) Image search: [Google]
OBSTACLE_01_142_143.jpg
138KB, 1200x866px
>a buddy action novel where magical mecha musume fight with 500 meter long wands
I never knew I wanted this.
>>
>>14584465
because hadler, actually though it's very good despite hadler's shit taste
>>
Are light novels a dead hobby on /jp/?
>>
>that feel when Zaregoto translation will never be continued
>>
>>14592398
Learn Japanese.
>>
>>14592421
I'd rather die.
>>
>>14592439
What are you waiting for?
>>
>>14592007
They are getting more popular, if anything. We've had more ln threads in the past few months than ever before ( even if they've all been populated with /a/-tier garbage posters like this one) and we even have our own attention whore to whine about the same way the vn thread has moogy. All we need is a few more elitists so we can eliminate any discussion of translations to another board.
>>
>>14592658
>We've had more ln threads in the past few months than ever before ( even if they've all been populated with /a/-tier garbage posters like this one)
It's almost like these events are related.

I'd wager if you threw out all the translations and stupid drama whoring you'd only have enough discussion left to support one short-lived thread thread every four months.
>>
>>14592658
>we even have our own attention whore to whine about the same way the vn thread has moog

Hadler-sama?
>>
What we need to keep these threads alive and high-quality are people blogging about the latest thing they've read and more discussions on nee releases every month, even if no one actually gets around to reading any of them, ie we need to become more like the vn thread. A little attention whore drama on the side (I can see people calling stuff like Jintai "hadlercore" in the future) to keep the posts flowing when things are slow and we could have a cherished /jp/ tradition on our hands.
>>
>>14592776
Okay, here are mine >>14577533 so-far impressions of 犬と魔法のファンタジー.

I'm little under 1/3 in and the plot is yet about to fully start. I saw someone say they dropped it because of this, but personally I don't mind. Reason to be revealed later.

One thing that I'm not a 100% fan of is the fantasy setting, which is perfectly transparently meant to represent the human world along with its own Twitter and Line equivalents. It's the kind of obviously wink wink at the audience you either like or don't. I mean, I don't hate it, but it feels kinda pointless at time.

What I do like and what makes the whole thing worth reading is Romeo's text. To put it simply, it flows really well. Romeo can make even seemingly mundane passages seem interesting. For example a flashback about a failed expedition into an underground city is presented in almost purely factual manner, yet it's not boring. If I had to name one reason why, I'd say brevity. I'm not claiming I have great understanting of Japanese language as a whole, but I can easily imagine a different writer spending way more pages than Romeo to tell the same things.
>>
>>14592658
>>14592776
Hahahaha.

>we need to become more like the vn thread.
Actually, I can't even laugh anymore. I can't even tell what's IRC circlejerk shitposting and not on any place in this damned board anymore. Maybe because everyone else left a long time ago, since the time the VNG was going through that Masada/Hino hivemind with some dumb guys complaining every month about how he wants "charages" and not "moeges" and some another copy-pasting the celebritiy of the week's ask.fm.

Wherever they've gone, I really envy every /jp/sie who left this board to a place where one can discuss eroge free of this bullshit. But yeah, perfect plan you have there. Genius. Just do it. I give up.

But if I can say a thing is how /a/ crossboarders are a lot better than you guys, and if by chance /jp/ were to ignore them and make "LN generals" in the past, they would still be a lot better than this thread until now.
>>
>>14594221
Guys like you are pretty funny with their boogeymans
Yes the evil guys on irc only live to make sure you'll never have fun, you finally found out the truth
>>
>>14594221
If you couldn't at least tell that the second post was tongue-in-cheek, then your brain really has been melted by buttrage. I wonder what it's like to believe that random people on the internet are conspiring against you.
>>
>>14594351
Well, I do wish it was just me making up evil guys, but you probably got it wrong anyway. I actually don't think and really wouldn't care if most of them even posts on /jp/. But lurkers in those channels and other dumbfucks which follows and thinks exactly like them, or maybe hate them, are indeed here. A lot, there was an example just a few posts ago. I'm not saying the IRC circlejerks are bad per se, even if I've only heard shit by most of them, but those dumb followers followed by ironic trolls certainly are bad. It's not coincidence how there was always an identical post in the VNG after some identical discussion on, for example, #tanoshimi.
But if you can only interpret that post with a "IRC is evil", then that's maybe because there's really something though.
>>
>>14594495
>If you couldn't at least tell that the second post was tongue-in-cheek, then your brain really has been melted by buttrage
Exactly, and that was what I was complaining about. Seems like it finally melted, good job to them. But oh well that's enough for now.
>>
>>14594524
There are a lot of people who do nothing but lurk in #tanoshimi, it's easy to imagine that some people found it from here and just use it to look for ideas on what to read I guess.
>>
>>14594541
So that hadler guy is one of the tanoshimi irc people?
>>
the fact that you've managed to fill the LN thread with discussion of IRC circlejerking when it doesn't have an IRC (yet?) is nothing short of astounding

truly we are living in the future
>>
>>14594541
This kind of trolling began ages before anyone ever mentioned the damn channel on this board, so I see no point there. And I was obviously generalizing the thing when saying "IRC", so of course it isn't just that. That's why there's a "for example" before "#tanoshimi".
>>
Holy lel, this is the best LN thread we've had in years. Posts like these last few are what make the jay great.
>>
>>>/a/135593693
What did he mean by this?
Are the illustrations as clear and high-res as at Bookwalker?
>>
I like how this thread is only active when people shitstorm about meta shit
/jp/ will always be /jp/ after all
>>
File: 20080721130531.jpg (45KB, 300x437px) Image search: [Google]
20080721130531.jpg
45KB, 300x437px
Anyone read this before?

I heard that it's good but the only copy of it I can find online is an english translated one so I want to get a second opinion before I spend my money on it.
>>
>>14599975
Check out Japanese reviews on Amazon or Bookmeter.
>>
Save light novels on /jp/!
>>
>>14599975
I actually just downloaded the english pdf, I'll let you know what I think
>>
>>14571139
i want to read overlord because my friend recommended it, is there any way to get the english translation of it on a kindle?
>>
File: ミニスカ宇宙海賊_000a.jpg (509KB, 1838x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ミニスカ宇宙海賊_000a.jpg
509KB, 1838x1600px
After putting it off for years I'm finally going to start reading Miniskirt Space Pirates.
>>
I am almost caught up in Spice and Wolf's official translations, and am looking for something new.

can anyone name a good long series that will fill time?

Also I was looking into the Ghost in the Shell LNs, anyone here know if they were good?
>>
>>14599975
Read it some time ago
It's a fairly decent lighthearted story, could be considered SoL I guess. Despite that, the premise makes the story depressing as you know everyone will eventually vanish and the author isn't afraid to remind you that. I felt the story's premise was basically "What would you do if you knew you were going to die".
Also anon, the novel is on BT, is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>14610170
You surely need to work on your reading comprehension.
>>
Is there a cheaper alternative to Amazon? Or is that as cheap as it gets?
>>
>>14611330
I think honto might offer a slightly cheaper shipping option than Amazon. You can buy e-books too, if that's your thing. If you're looking to buy a whole fuckton of things over a short enough period of time, you can always just buy a plane ticket, fly to japan, raid bookoff for 105 yen books, then fill your checked bags with them. Every now and then I look at my collection of stuff I've bought off amazon japan and realize that at some point this would actually become theoretically cheaper (or at least, the same price plus I get a trip to Japan out of it).
>>
So are there any good LN's worth buying? I like reading a book sometimes instead of reading it on my PC. Any good ones worth reading honestly?
>>
So I heard there was a recent flurry of C&D orders. Other than Overlord what got hit?
>>
After starting it more than a month and a half ago, I finally got around to finishing Occultic;Nine volume 1. Someone in the last LN thread asked me to say what it's like when I finished, so here goes.

It starts with a mound of corpses being excavated from Inokashira Lake, and then jumps around between the viewpoints of several different characters, like Durarara!!. One of the immediately striking things about it is that website names and stuff like that are referred to by their real names rather than their fictional names (i.e. 2channel instead of @channel, Google instead of Deluoode, Twitter instead of Twipo). Chiyomaru implies in the afterword that this is because it takes place in "a world line that is possibly real," whatever that means.

The protagonist is a stereotypical hetare self-proclaimed "NEET god" (never mind that he's enrolled in high school) who runs an affiliate blog about occult stuff. I found him annoying at first but he didn't bother me all that much later. He's pretty much just Takumi 2.0 with the way he comments on events in his head, with lots of internet lingo in his thoughts and speech and whatnot. There are also two main heroines, a really annoying one who sporadically sings and dances and talks in nonsensical moeblob-speak, and a fortune teller high school girl who does live call-in fortune telling shows on niconico (no strong opinion on her so far). There are a few other characters (nine in total introduced in the tobirae, hence the title I guess) but aside from Kurenaino Aria, a black magic proxy agent who has her background explained over a couple chapters, they barely show up.

Overall the story is pretty decent, but the writing isn't. The text occasionally feels like someone trying to mimic what the average person who's never read an LN probably thinks they're like (long stretches of dialogue with no narration, stars and musical notes appearing in the dialogue of the aforementioned annoying heroine, etc). I don't know if this was meant to be subversive or what, but it was hard to read when it got like this. Fortunately, when the conspiracy talk gets going, it starts feeling like a real sciADV entry. There are intermittent scenes where people from a shadowy organization called MMG discuss mind control tests on humans, similar to the scenes of NOZOMI or Exoskeleton in C;H and R;N. At one point Gloomy Sunday starts playing from the protagonist's radio (which is turned off at the time), so that's probably the "shadowy organization is making its move" signal like Tooryanse and Kagome Kagome were in C;H and R;N. Not much is really solved in the end and it's not clear how all the events happening are related, it's just clear that they are, in fact, related. Basically the whole volume is setup for the rest of the story.

Now to see how many months it takes me to finish the second volume.

On a completely unrelated note, after checking out next months Dengeki Bunko releases, the plot summary of ただ、それだけでよかったんです interests me greatly. Definitely going to buy it along with the next volume of Gekitotsu no Hexennacht. May LN threads be everlasting on the jay.
>>
>>14613150
pretty much 70% of BT got nuked
>>
>>14613150
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo

Although the translator quickly switched to writing a "fanfiction" based on the series.
>>
File: 56.png (154KB, 768x641px) Image search: [Google]
56.png
154KB, 768x641px
>>14613182
>ただ、それだけでよかったんです

Hmm, it certainly seems interesting.
>>
>>14610114
Read Owari no Chronicle.
It's pretty long and the translation at baka-tsuki is good (and more importantly, finished).
>>
Reading sevens its a webnovel so it counts i guess?
>>
What was that LN that had a fatguy for a protagonist?
>>
Someone want to summarize me what happened at the end of the Index anime? I want to pick up the LN but remember nearly nothing
>>
>>14571102
>there hasn't been any new dog days translated doujin for more than a year
>>
>>14617928
Accel World
>>
>>14619676
Are there any new ones at all? They've been pandering so hard, people got all their faps off at the show itself.
>>
>>14619943
No not AW.
More like average fatguy transported/summoned to another world.

I'm getting forgetful nowadays.
>>
>>14619653
You should just start from the 12th novel, 0930 is considered a high point of the series and will serve to refresh your memory.
>>
File: iVz5i9P.jpg (303KB, 1207x863px) Image search: [Google]
iVz5i9P.jpg
303KB, 1207x863px
>>14621991
The one where he marries a gorilla?
Shinka no Mi.
>>
>>14617928
Mushoku Tensei?
>>
>>14622028
It's not it but definitely going to read

>>14622077
Nope
>>
Just realised I let 800+ bookwalker coins expire last month. How is this even remotely allowed.
>>
File: 12.jpg (1MB, 1444x2135px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
1MB, 1444x2135px
Today's purchase.
>>
>>14622011
Alright, will do that.
>>
When I have a choice between epub and pdf, which one should I go with?
>>
>>14626361
epub because better image quality, at least in theory.
>>
>>14626421
Thanks.

By the way I hate it when LN has both versions for all volumes but two. And three volumes in the middle aren't translated at all. This really irritates my OCD.

Oh, and I was asking because Kadokawa became more active recently, taking down some mirrors, so now I'm trying to get everything and be safe.
>>
File: Tsukumodo_Cover.jpg (45KB, 330x462px) Image search: [Google]
Tsukumodo_Cover.jpg
45KB, 330x462px
What does /jp/ think about pic related?
>>
File: kuchie-003-005.jpg (275KB, 2048x1082px) Image search: [Google]
kuchie-003-005.jpg
275KB, 2048x1082px
>>14627935
It's Hakomari done right.
One of the best lns I've read.
>>
>>14628111
>It's Hakomari done right.
Hakomari wasn't done right? I only read volume 1 years ago.
>>
>>14628123
First volume was the best volume.
Then it quickly sank into fanfiction levels of bullshit, in my opinion.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>14571102
Just my schoolstuff.
>>
where do you guys read besides Baka-Tsuki?
>>
>>14628540
I buy from amazon and read them in japanese
>>
>>14628540
I torrent and P2P.

Though I haven't done the P2P in a while now.
>>
>>14628540
On paper. And I don't read on Baka-Tsuki at all. There's really no point when you know Japanese.
>>
>>14628560
This.
>>
Kinda new on this board
I was reading Ero Manga Sensei on Baka Tsuki like a month ago
Now all the chapters have been deleted

What the hell happened?
>>
>>14628953
C&D came probably.
>>
>>14628953
C&D
A lot of series got hit. They might drop the website now but there's talks about someone else running the server overseas.
>>
>>14633703
Why so suddenly?
>>
>>14633765
I'd hazard a guess but I bet it has something to do with TPP.
>>
>>14633765
TPP and bookwalker
>>
>>14592829
So update.

Finished the book, very good. The end felt good enough thematically, but I would have liked one or two scenes with MC and his friends.
>>
File: IMG_0847.jpg (211KB, 516x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0847.jpg
211KB, 516x3264px
Well, I finished the second volume of Occultic;Nine. That was way better than the first volume. The writing became very plot-focused and the mysteries progressed at a brisk, exciting pace. The second to last scene was incredibly unsettling, and the final scene, where the protagonist finds out he's been dead for at least a week or so, is a pretty insane cliffhanger. I really hope the third volume comes out soon.
>>
So I got this Pony Canyon Premium thing from a volume I bought.

From what I can understand this is useless outside Japan, right?
>>
>>14571102
Rereading Spice and Wolf before the final volume comes out.

Need to pick up a new series, I'm thinking The Devil is a Part-timer, anyone know if that's any good? I enjoyed the anime and the manga, so I'm thinking of giving the LN a shot.
>>
Light novels are the Japanese equivalent of all the young adult garbage we've been getting for decades.
>>
>>14645799
Except they're good.
So, they are, infact, not really equivalent.
>>
>>14645799
Thanks for taking time out of your day to post this original, never-before-seen insight.
>>
>>14645808
>Except they're good.
Only a select few anon.
Most are lolmarygarysuestuamassingaharem.
>>
>>14648270
>Only a select few anon.
Wow, it's almost like Sturgeon's Law is a thing.
>>
File: rumia_sodesska.png (51KB, 450x532px) Image search: [Google]
rumia_sodesska.png
51KB, 450x532px
>>14648427
Sturgeon's Law should be called Light Novel Law.
>>
>>14648270
>Only a select few
Some examples of good ones then?
>>
File: le sao face.jpg (510KB, 983x800px) Image search: [Google]
le sao face.jpg
510KB, 983x800px
>>14648480
SAO
>>
File: 81eutx1fs5l.jpg (396KB, 1377x1993px) Image search: [Google]
81eutx1fs5l.jpg
396KB, 1377x1993px
>>14648270
garystuamassingaharem.the novel
>>
>>14648489
what volume was this from? I don't remember this at all
>>
>>14651132
It's not SAO
>>
>>14648489
>SAO
I have mixed feelings about this, but maybe my curiosity will get better of me.
>>
>>14652848
that art is very obviously sao
>>
>>14654604
Okay.
It's not SAO though.
>>
File: 1344716220359.png (135KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1344716220359.png
135KB, 600x500px
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon.
I'm on book 2, just finished the Jew-off and about to read about Masazumi getting her Anteater.

Also, where would I find someone to translate books? I want to bother someone about the Tenchi Muyo GXP novels and Paradise Wars.
>>
>>14655044
Just learn Japanese.
>>
>>14654625
>literally drawn by the sao artist
>they literally don't illustrate any other lns
okay m8
>>
>>14658127
It's not even SAO's artist you dumb nerd.
>>
>>14658514
literally what even is it then
>>
File: City_Series_v1_cover.jpg (108KB, 421x599px) Image search: [Google]
City_Series_v1_cover.jpg
108KB, 421x599px
>>14575311
I'm trying out one about the townsfolk of Berlin.
>>
>>14611879
I think an one shot like Mimizuku to Yoru no Ou is worth a purchase.
>>
File: 1372023545005.jpg (27KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1372023545005.jpg
27KB, 400x388px
>>14665341
Dang, it's been nine years since that came out. That was one of the first books I read all the way through in Japanese. I got it because of all the praise people were giving it and I liked it a lot too. I don't think I'd enjoy it nearly as much now.
>>
File: Evil-Otter-Eating-a-Watermelon.jpg (86KB, 600x625px) Image search: [Google]
Evil-Otter-Eating-a-Watermelon.jpg
86KB, 600x625px
>>14665320
>the age of cheesy hotblooded action anime is over
Was all I could think of while reading this.
>>
>>14665848
Kill-la-kill and one-punch-man are not cheesy and actiony for you? I bet you are a fucking /v/tard still obsessing ith dbz.

>>14665392
Dumb facebook frog poster.
>>
stuck with a bunch of chinese novels

Long Live Summons
Martial Emperor reborn
Tales of Demons and Gods
Martial God Asura
Otherworldly Evil Monarch

as for Japanese ones I have quite a few favorites but none of them are updating
>>
>>14665848
Jesus Crust, was Godzilla look based on an otter?
>>
>>14648489
what is this image from?
>>
I wanted to try getting into LNs, so I got Qualia and Jinrui.
Is there a site like vndb for LNs?
Also, a good place to find raws?
I don't really know too much about LNs.
>>
>>14667472
There is literally a site called lndb.
Good places to get raws are honto and Amazon.
>>
>>14667604
>lndb
Of course.
There doesn't seem to be a rating system, though, which was the main reason why I wanted a database like that.
I need some way to get a rough idea of what's good or not.
>>
>>14667655
check the reviews on bookmeter
>>
File: 39174505.jpg (1MB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [Google]
39174505.jpg
1MB, 2480x3507px
>>14667658
Amazon reviews are usually okay too.

I picked up Shuumatsu because of amazon's ratings (and because the cover girl looked like Tenshi).
>>
>>14667604
what if I want to pirate?
>>
>>14670799
You shouldn't do that. Most lns have preview excerpts available on the publisher's site, so browse through them and find something you're comfortable spending money on.
>>
I remember someone saying that Romeo's Jintai is being read in universities, is that true and if so which ones? Any links?
>>
>>14672128
Sounds like a bald-faced lie t︂b︂︂h.
>>
>>14672128
Found this on a quick search (大学読書人大賞): http://www.jpic.or.jp/dokushojin/kouho/2008/recommend2/
>>
>>14672289
>「大学読書人大賞」は、全国の大学文芸サークルによる投票と評論と議論によって、大学生に最も読んでほしい本を選ぶ、年に1度の催しです。
It's fucking nothing.
>>
>>14672289
>>14672304
What university is it and what does it say? I can't actually read the language.
>>
>>14672311
It's not part of any curriculum, it's just a prize awarded to the most popular books as voted by university literature clubs from all over the country.
>>
>>14571102
Im "reading" Eiyuu*Senki right now. Does anyone know if there is a patch translating the hentai scenes?
>>
File: patch_pardon01.jpg (115KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
patch_pardon01.jpg
115KB, 700x600px
>>14678606
>>
>>14678606
>EOP
>>
>>14679820
Who are you quoting?
>>
What are some LNs with MCs that aren't just complete cunts?

It feels like the mc almost every one I've read recently is just complete ass without a single sincere bone in their body
>>
>>14681145
Toori's a really nice guy.
>>
>>14681145
>complete cunts
>complete ass
What does it even mean?
>>
File: l00avkgl.jpg (70KB, 449x640px) Image search: [Google]
l00avkgl.jpg
70KB, 449x640px
>>14681145
>>
>>14681145
There's a lot of Japanese MCs that aren't cunts (not Chinese though, cunts everyone of them)

it's just that all of said MCs are boring as sin
>>
>>14681145
Loads of lns have sheepish hetares who can't stop apologizing as leads.
>>
>>14681145
read LNs with female MCs
>>14679820
You mean EOR
>>
Does /jp/ like Kagerou Project?

How are the light novels of it?
>>
File: Bbps1_color_0.png (1MB, 880x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Bbps1_color_0.png
1MB, 880x1240px
I'm reading the translated version of this novel and I love it!
>>
Hey rawfags

any good untranslated LNs/WNs you are reading that you are interested in?
>>
>>14691842
Why would anyone read something they are not interested in? That makes no sense.
>>
Is Heavy Object good? What about the animu? Thinking of starting it then continuing with the LN
>>
File: kuchie-002.jpg (2MB, 2048x1574px) Image search: [Google]
kuchie-002.jpg
2MB, 2048x1574px
>>14691842
Shuumatsu and May Your Soul Rest in Magdala.
>>
save
>>
Been reading さくら、咲きました today. The LN, not the VN, though the review on Amazon leads me to believe reading the VN would be the better choice, I didn't realize this was an adaptation until 30 pages in, so figured I may as well stick with it, especially since it's just the 1 volume. The concept alone is interesting - The year is 2300 something and the long-since discovered secret of immortality has removed the concept of impending death from the human consciousness... that is, until a meteor comes heading towards earth, with enough force to destroy the planet. That's a pretty interesting set up. If the LN is good enough I'll check out the VN.
>>
Been reading some Tanaka The Wizard thought it seems the translator has dropped the project so machine translations here I come.
>>
>>14693711
It's ok, not great but not bad
>>
File: 978-4-08-631086-4.jpg (46KB, 250x357px) Image search: [Google]
978-4-08-631086-4.jpg
46KB, 250x357px
What the HELL was that ending? Where was the 衝撃? What was the organization trying to do by making Asahi kill Ogura? Did Loosebitch just troll me?
>>
>>14701645
>Tanaka The Wizard
Thank you anon.
I've been looking for this
>>
>>14702584
I liked the crime and punishment style story but the entire "look out for the huge twist at the end" that was advertised was completely unneeded.
I guess at this point Looseboy = twist in people mind
Well considering the end this series should go in a pretty interesting direction
>>
>>14703923
It wasn't just unneeded, it was false advertising. There was no twist. He jumps the wall and two completely random people who know him for some reason drive up and talk to him out of nowhere? That was just a cliffhanger, not a twist.
>>
>>14704073
By twist they probably meant the stuff with the protag and his "brother" without spoiling
>>
>>14704077
I guess that could be called a twist. Not really a shock though, since the secret passage and the older/younger brother relationship randomly mentioned in the prologue were obviously going to be brought up again later.
>>
>>14689285
>>
>>14703584
No problem I need more people to suffer with while wait for new chapters.
>>
File: 1453557841128.jpg (281KB, 525x748px) Image search: [Google]
1453557841128.jpg
281KB, 525x748px
>>14571102
>What are you reading?
Pic related
>>
>>14709441
I got up until the point where he was born as a baby then I couldn't handle the stress
>>
Can someone here tell me a bit about Sugaru Miaki's LN?

I noticed quite a few of his works have been translated but I can literally find no one talking about them and whether they're good.
>>
What labels do you guys keep an eye on? I usually check new releases for Dengeki, Gagaga, and Dash X the moment they're announced. I check through the recent releases of stuff like HJ, Overlap, GA, Fujimi Fantasia, Sneaker, etc whenever I remember they exist, which is usually once every 3-4 months.
>>
File: carnival night.jpg (62KB, 353x499px) Image search: [Google]
carnival night.jpg
62KB, 353x499px
>>14711135
I don't really put much stock in labels; I've barely found a one that doesn't put out more trash than treasure (subjectively speaking, of course). That being said, I appreciate the now-defunct Sonorama's back catalog quite a bit, and I'll usually give a second look to older Fujimi Fantasia series even if they don't seem so interesting at first glance.
>>
What LNs do you guys recommend for an EOP starting out to learn moon?
>>
File: avalon.jpg (29KB, 319x474px) Image search: [Google]
avalon.jpg
29KB, 319x474px
アヴァロン 灰色の貴婦人 by 押井 守 (is this a light novel?) is cool as fuck. It takes place in a virtual reality game, yadda yadda, but man the writing really gives me a dark/ashy/cyberpunk feel, the opening chapter was super cool. That said I can imagine that most people will interpret it as generic, I mean it IS a "people play virtual reality game and it feels like real life" setting, with an extremely skilled protagonist, but never the less I'm liking it. Anyone else read it?
(note the live action adaptation's screenplay was written by a different author and is pretty different as far as I can tell)
>>
File: page-012-013.jpg (1MB, 2373x1780px) Image search: [Google]
page-012-013.jpg
1MB, 2373x1780px
>>14715615
If I were you, I'd stick to VNs or .txt versions of light novels to enable rikai / texthooker support which provide a great deal of assistance, reading off an image when it comes to novels will be pretty demoralizing if you're bad. That said, GJ-bu is probably the single most easy LN you'll find because the chapters are literally 4 pages long and each one is entirely self contained so there's no need to keep up with an overarching plot. Every LN, no matter how easy, will have a "minimum difficulty" that's just the language's grammar and normal vocabulary and GJ-bu is that plus the brief chapters listed above, so I genuinely struggle to think of anything that even COULD be easier without specifically being written for retards/children.

Additionally, keep an eye on anything obviously written for teenagers and satisfying their fantasies. OreImo, Eromanga Sensei, 俺が主人公じゃなかった頃の話をする, and 明日、ボクは死ぬ。キミは生き返る are all pretty easy. The reason they're easier... is because they adopt a fairly simple to follow stream of consciousness format not unlike a VN where dialogue is focused upon and intermittent narration is the MC commentating on the situation. LNs that try to actually tell a meanignful story will often become more "real" book-esque and have thicker narration, sparser (but still meaningful of course) dialogue, etc etc. Really, they're all LIGHT novels, so in the end just about anything will be a good thing to start with, though avoiding Bakemonogatari-type stuff is wise.
>>
>>14715616
Is there a link for this?
I searched it some time ago and never found anything.
>>
>>14715664
I got it from one of the packs in here:
https://mega.nz/#F!uRNGFDya!fVuFYuDW1vTuEDsPE0yzFA
I forget which though, Jesus H Christ there's a lot of Aozora Bunko stuff in there. One of the first four. I can imagine it'd be tedious to search for it though so here's the txt file - yeah, it's a plain txt, is that what people usually use to read? Most of the stuff I find is in images so I think txt would be unusual but I'm not sure.
https://mega.nz/#!3pgzUKSC!gpoyJM7P962-eL6DZPGG9I3gN-JRUu38zGXtetXdrwE
>>
>>14715615
Don't waste your time, just stick to simple manga until you've got some real progress under your belt. Even baby novels will be a chore for you for a while.
>>
>>14717290
What would you recommend?
>>
>>14582442
http://ncode.syosetu.com/n3840bt/
>>
>>14722284
Aw man. If I had seen that question earlier I would have said Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
>>
Is it worth reading Narita's Vamp! LN? There's 5 volumes and he seems to have stopped writing for it so I dunno. Does it end well or is it a cliffhanger kind?
>>
>>14723109
It doesn't end in a cliffhanger but it could easily continue for a long while... If Narita wanted to. Volume 5's ending may actually piss you off because of some events with a certain couple so I'd say to read up to volume 3 if you really, really want more Narita. It may be just me that didn't like that "ending" though.
>>
Hundred
Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
Strike the Blood
Fukan Maou no Cheat Koroshii
Masou Gakuen HxH
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Pretty much, I only read those I can self-insert into
>>
File: ryuho1_shoei1.jpg (803KB, 1447x2095px) Image search: [Google]
ryuho1_shoei1.jpg
803KB, 1447x2095px
I've been reading Dragon Peak, kinda enjoying the premise so far. I'm a huge sucker for grand daddy dragons being all wise and shit.
>>
File: 005.jpg (369KB, 1008x1200px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
369KB, 1008x1200px
Nanana. Still on the first volume, but this LN is very amusing read, i like how MC try to lie to us the readers. I heard people hate the anime though.
>>
>>14709441
Same and loving it.Almost finished too.
>>
Saved
>>
File: kuchie-0001.jpg (354KB, 1135x1600px) Image search: [Google]
kuchie-0001.jpg
354KB, 1135x1600px
>>14725362
That reminds me I should read the second volume of the side story at some point.
>>
File: 005.jpg (365KB, 1048x1200px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
365KB, 1048x1200px
>>14732372
So why the artist changed? I prefer Aka Ringo to be honest.
Also how is the connection between side story and main story?
>>
>>14732333
Phew, I was gonna age it but I thought I was too late when I didn't see it at the bottom of the catalog. Nice trips.
>>
>when the dengeki bunko releases are out and you get a 5x points on novels coupon from honto

das it mane
>>
Just started reading World Teacher, I can't believe I shed some bitch tears when Elena dies like a faggot.
>>
Anyone gotten past that shitty bookwalker DRM?
Rakuten needs a credit card and I don't live in a country where you need one and therefore I don't have one.
>>
Are there fantasy light novels with an actual middle-aged protagonist?
It seems most of the series I find with older protagonists usually have the reincarnation gimmick that turns them into something else completely, like mushoku tensei or the slime one
>>
>>14742569
Does a web-novel count?
http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2662ca/
>>
>>14742569
For some values of "fantasy", Irresponsible Captain Tylor:.
http://bookwalker.jp/ex/sp/tylor/
>>
>>14608981
You could just copy all the text and put it on a format that works on kindle
>>
>>14742569
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/atelier-tanaka/
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.