[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You get to live in Gensokyo, become a powerful magical being

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

File: kill me.png (53KB, 256x512px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.png
53KB, 256x512px
You get to live in Gensokyo, become a powerful magical being and romance or bully any 2hu you like. The catch is everyone and everything looks like ZUN's drawings. Do you do it?
>>
Its gensokyo, what do you fucking think
>>
File: horizontal teardrops.jpg (426KB, 2048x768px) Image search: [Google]
horizontal teardrops.jpg
426KB, 2048x768px
Do the tears go sideways too?
>>
>>14399860
I find ZUN's art quite charming, yeah id do it.
>>
>>14399860
Will everything improve if ZUN's drawing improves?
>>
Heck yeah
Gensokyo is amazing and would be very exciting to live in
>>
>>14399870
They go sideways because they are moving at high speed.
>>
What's wrong with ZUN drawings?
>>
>>14399894
The guy's been drawing for at least 20 years and his art hasn't improved a bit (I think it has actually gotten worse). No way he's suddenly gonna put more effort into it.
>>
File: Parcy.jpg (19KB, 300x401px) Image search: [Google]
Parcy.jpg
19KB, 300x401px
Sure, as long as they have the SA/UFO style.
>>
File: 38573756.jpg (91KB, 867x644px) Image search: [Google]
38573756.jpg
91KB, 867x644px
>>
Hurry up, ZUN, and have Aya Azuma or Moe teach you how to draw.
>>
>>14399860
When do I start?
>>
Seeing as 2hus have no actual personalities and most people are attracted to them by fan art, the obvious choice would be "no".
>>
File: Zun009.jpg (149KB, 800x988px) Image search: [Google]
Zun009.jpg
149KB, 800x988px
Fuck yeah I do!

Gonna be fucking mystical
Gonna go to the magic forest, pick mushrooms, and experience the best trip of my life
>>
>>14399860
Sounds great, but where is the downside?
>>
>>14401512
Reimu is the OP neighbor that defeats everyone so being a magical fairy in the realm of magical fairies while there's a magical fairy next to you keeping you from having fun is a downside.
>>
File: 1312058737720.jpg (218KB, 749x499px) Image search: [Google]
1312058737720.jpg
218KB, 749x499px
>>14401518
What if my idea of having fun is lazing around at the Hakurei Shrine and drinking with Suika while Reimu half-heartedly berates us?
>>
>>14399860

Yes.

Just let me be free of my pathetic life on this place, let me go to a magical land and be forgotten by everyone on the outside.
>>
>>14401461
>2hus have no actual personalities
"Bloodthirsty flying football hooligan" is still a personality.

It is in fact a great personality. Living in Gensokyo is like being an ork and a cute girl at the same time.
>>
Absolutely yes, ZUNart is adorable. Even lewd ZUNart
I just wish ZUN didn't delete everything from his pixiv account so often.
>>
>>14401846
There is lewd art drawn by zun? Plz post, must see
>>
>>14399860
Yes, absolutely. It would be even better if it changed from one game's style to other from time to time.
>>
>>14401879
No there isn't, but there's some guy who imitates ZUN's art style and sometimes draws lewd stuff. I forget his name though.
>>
Zun's tacky drawings aren't even that bad, what are truly terrible are his cryptic character descriptions and hollow personalities. Even his best developed character Reimu is lame and boring, if it weren't for the fandom Gensokyo would be a horrible place.
>>
>>14401979
Yeah, I guess it is good that the fan base does add on to the characters
>>
>>14401955
He took down all his shit.
>>
>>14401979
I actually think that most of the characters have just enough personality.

They have enough personality to have be a character of their own, but there's still room for the viewer to use his/her imagination to further establish more personality and character on the 2hus.
This is what has made the 2hu fandom so huge I think.

This does of course not apply to all the 2hus, but at least most of them.
>>
>>14399860
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvwKJXwsKGg
So this is how an average day would look like? Yea, I can live with that
>>
>>14401979
I actually kinda like the 'hollow' personalities, it's refreshing to have something where not every character is 2deep4u and super complex. It feels like the game isn't so serious/doesn't take itself seriously, if that makes any sense, and I love that because I'm honestly getting tired of super deep dead serious content when I just want to have some fun.

It's also kinda annoying to me when I keep having a character's personality pointed out to me, like "look! this character has a proper personality!! cool right?!". It's not like most real people walk around constantly flaunting every inch of their ~true, real and authentic personality~.
>>
>>14402007
Wasn't there some /jp/sie who was archiving as much of it as possible?
>>
>>14401979
Marisa is his most developed character.
>>
Why the hell not?
>>
>>14402420
Are you seriously saying that characterization is a *bad* thing or that it's always overly-characterized?

The way you're stating it you're applying the whole "Look! This character has a proper personality!! Cool Right?!" in the exact opposite manner.

Having hardly any character traits is a lazy choice of ZUN so he can let the fans base their personalities of what little he's applied of his own.

Read a book, you square.
>>
>>14402783
I'm not saying characterization is a bad thing in general, if it's done well. Since you said "read a book", yeah I'd obviously expect good (and "deep") characterization in a book if I'm reading the book expecting something serious, mostly realistic and with good quality.

It might be lazy of ZUN to do this, never said it's not, I just personally think it's a nice relief to have something that I don't have to take seriously because it's a bunch of fictional girls who are shooting stuff at each other and being stupid most of the time, and that's all there is to it.

Maybe I should've stated it more clearly that I /personally/ enjoy how 'pointless' (not really the right word but I can't think of anything else right now) the characters are in canon.
>>
I was sold at magical being. Sign me up, anon
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.