[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

Visual Novel translation status Amagami - 1st day patch Released

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 676
Thread images: 32

Visual Novel translation status


Amagami - 1st day patch Released for PS2/PSP, "1410/2308 original edition scenario scripts translated (61.1%)"
Amairo IsleNauts - prologue and common route fully translated, Shirley route 10% TL, Masaki 18.5% TL, Konoka 55% TL, bonus 20% TL, prologue patch out
Aokana - Common route + 2 character routes translation done
>AstralAir - prologue patch released, 32,124 / 63,940 (50.24%) lines translated
Ayakashi Gohan - 49% complete
Black Wolves Saga: 55/65 scripts translated, 51/65 scripts edited
Bunny Black 2 - To be translated
Clover Day's - 100% of the common route + 348/711 KB, 119/743 KB, 92/764, 338/846 and 74/722 KB of 5 routes translated
Flight Diary - 14.8% translated
Gore Screaming Show - Prologue and day one patch released
HaraKano - Marina's Route patch released
Haruka Na Sora - Sora 11.29% translated, Kozue 23.73% translated
Hatsukoi 1/1 - 11409 lines translated
Hoka no Onna - 48.68% translated
Irotoridori no Sekai - New project started, prologue mostly translated
Ken ga Kimi: 112/122 scripts translated, 93/122 scripts edited
>Kiminozo - Common route translation complete
Koichoco - 100% translated and edited, 340/397 files QC
Koiken Otome - 96.55% translated, 83.93% edited, prologue patch released
Kurukuru Fanatic - 87.5% translated
Little Busters - Original released, work ongoing with EX./ME content, now a joint project with Doki. 29712/30163 new lines translated
>Lovely Cation- 26% of lines completed
Lover Able - 6.84% translated
Majikoi A-1 - 11.4%
Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - Commie project actively in editing
Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - 2nd project with 2.2 scripts translated
>Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - 3rd project released ch 1-5
Monster girl quest paradox - Being translated, new demo patch for items, skills, and gameplay text, etc
>>
>Muv Luv Aspiration - near release
Muv Luv Total Eclipse - 25% translated
Noble Works - 53,589 / 57,690 (92.9%) lines translated, partial patch released
Oreimo Tsuzuku - 259/268 scripts translated, 192/268 through TLC+Editing, 92/268 scripts finalized
PersonA - 44% translated
Rewrite Harvest Festa - 22583/30040 (75.18%) lines translated
>SakuSaku - 100% translated, 31858/49257 (65%) lines finalized
Starry Sky In Summer - All scripts translated, 165/177 scripts edited
SubaHibi - 100% translated, 2nd editing pass and QC remain
Tasogaredoki no Kyoukaisen - 100% translated and edited, QC and technical work remains
Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road - 12/323 scripts translated
Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete - 4282/35056 (15.7%) lines translated
White Album 2 - 10218/35275 (28.96%) lines of closing chapter translated
>Witch's Garden - 39257/67201 (58.42%) lines translated, 2221/67201 (3.31%) edited, prologue patch released
Yosuga no Sora - Translation status is Common route 100%, Sora route 100%, Nao 78.42%, Kazuha 100%, Akira 89.73%, Motoka 32.17%, Common and Kazuha fully edited


Official work

MangaGamer
Kara no Shoujo 2 - 10/30 release
Euphoria - In beta
Free Friends 2 - 100% translated and edited
Higurashi Hou -Onikakushi released, Watanagashi in scripting
Bokuten - 66.5% translated, 30.05% edited
>Da Capo 3 - 60.6% translated, 16.1% edited
>Gahkthun - 100% translated, 90% edited
>OZMAFIA - 87% translated
>House in Fata Morgana - 84.04% translated
>Myth - 52% translated, 45.8% edited
My Boss Wife is My Ex - 100% translated and edited
Kuroinu - Being released as 3 seperate chapters, 18.13% TL 18.13% edited
>Supipara - Ch 1 100% translated and edited
>Yurirei - 70% translated, 60% edited
Himawari - TL and editing finished
>Beat Blades Haruka - 68.2% Translated
Umineko - Picked up
>Tokyo Babel - 48% translated
Negai no Kakera - Picked up
Princess Evangile W Happiness - Picked up
>>
JAST
>Sonicomi - Fully translated, building launcher
Sumaga- Fully translated, in editing
Trample on Schatten- main scenerio 100% translated and edited, extra content 33% done
Flowers - Fall release planned, 100% translated, preparing to port
>Seinarukana- Waiting on LE materials. QA checking.
>Django - Waiting on translation.
>Sumeragi Ryoko - 100% translated, waiting on test build
Sweet Home - 10% translated


Sekai/Denpa
Fault Milestone 2 - Side Above released, GE still to come
Grisaia trilogy - 2nd title in TL through end of Nov
Clannad - 2 of 3 QC passes done, 4Q 2015 release
WAS - Kickstarter finished, delayed
Atom Grrrl - 100% translated
<Narcissu 3rd - 62.06% translated
Narcissu 0 - 3.80% translated
WEE 3 - 7.39% translated
>Nenokami - 34.77% translated
Kokonoe Kokoro - picked up
Shizuku no Oto - picked up
Sacrament Sheep - In Beta
Memory's Dogma - Kickstarter reached goal
G-Senjou - Q4 release
Chrono Clock - Picked up
Root Double - Picked up
Tenshin Ranman - Picked up
Witch Boy - Kickstarter started
Darekoi - Picked up
Wagamama High Spec - 2016 release
Mayoi Hitsuji no Kajuen - Picked up


Other
Muv Luv Trilogy - Kickstarter Started
Harmonia - Steam release planned
Eiyuu Senki - Delayed a few months from Summer
Lucky Dog - Possible iOS released based on the ongoing text only fanTL
Work being done on a fanTL of Shin Koihime with hopes of getting it licensed
>Wish Tale of the Sixteenth Night - 1818/10288 (17.67%) lines translated
Harvest December - 3DS ports being released
Norn9 - November 11th release
Code Realize - November 24th release
Kyuuketsu Hime no Libra - English released planned
Magical Eyes - Winter release planned

---
>Stuff like this has been either added or updated since the last thread
>>
Gombrio, doddler.
>>
Little Busters EX will never be translated.
>>
>>14237048
Sure it will be. It'll just never be released.
>>


       doddler
        ↓

 |    |    | .::| .::| .::| .::| .::| .::|
 |    |・∀・) | .::| .::| .::| .::| .::| .::|
γ.⌒ヾ  ̄ ̄ ̄'~ ~ ~~ ~
i ::: (O:.r        ____ __
ヽ、_::ノ ―――/ ヽ二ヽ/U /#\
 ||      /_____/# *ハハ
, | |--,    / # # # # # # # ヽ#((,,'д')
=='    、_ ∧_∧⌒ヽ__ノ
   ___ (・ω・` )ノ
  /__/| | Oiコとノ " 
  |= ̄=| .| |_
/ヽ__ヽ//l
| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ |  |

>>
File: corporatestalking.png (105KB, 1890x1375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
corporatestalking.png
105KB, 1890x1375px
Looks like the moeday "flash" sale was dropped in favor of a fall sale. That seems like a bit of a strange choice considering they literally just ran a long sale so I wonder if it was a spur of the moment thing to try to sell that cartagra+kns bundle?

As always, post order numbers if you got em'
>>
Any news on dies irae translation?

Is it even feasible?
>>
>>14237160
It's untranslatable
>>
>Seinarukana- Waiting on LE materials. QA checking.

>Waiting on LE materials.

>Waiting

they are being shipped from mars aren't they
>>
>>14237007
>Da Capo 3 - 60.6% translated, 16.1% edited

Only 2 more years to go.
>>
>>14237198
At 95% someone will finally notice that Kouryuu isn't good enough for MG and they will redo it from scratch.
>>
How will /jp/ celebrate SP's first kickstarter fail?
>>
>>14237262
Private glee. Not much more than that, after all I don't care THAT much about SP.
>>
>>14237262
With one shot and triple banzai.
>>
>>14237005
>Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - Commie project actively in editing
>Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - 2nd project with 2.2 scripts translated
>>Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - 3rd project released ch 1-5

Is there's going to be three translation projects for something, why can't there be three for a good project like White Album 2?
>>
>>14237365
Don't worry, White Album 2 already has the best machine translators we could find working on it.
>>
>>14237365
Why don't you learn Japanese and read whatever you want whenever you want?
>>
>>14237397
Because I have a career, a long-term girlfriend and a life outside of eroge?
>>
>>14237397
>spending years in the prime of my life to learn a meme language that'll die out in a few decades anyway
>>
Why don't you faggots shit up /vg/ instead?
>>
>>14237408
Shitting up public toilet is pointless, you cannot feel contributing to the clause.
>>
>>14237399
yet you still have time to whine on the jay that you could be spending learning a new language
>>
>>14237431
Whining on the jay takes 5 seconds, learning a new language takes years of consistent effort.
>>
>>14237404
You'll die in few decades too.
>>
>>14237068
This is great.
>>
>>14237365
Those first two projects are never going to be finished. The number of projects basically means nothing.
>>
Hrm. I'm oddly interested in trying the Euphoria demo even though it looks like a pretty shitty game. Problem is, Zestiria will be out that day, so I'll have another shitty game to play. (I think everyone is lying about that game being shitty because the Tales fanbase is full of some of the dumbest people I have met in my life.) Decisions, decisions.

Well, I could probably try it while installing it. Though I don't think that will take too long. How long are demos, usually?
>>
>>14237365
Does that list include Cokesakto? (RIP)
>>
For people who missed it, here's the conclusion to the Doddler drama: http://ask.fm/The_Doddler/answer/131656071921

Overall a nice story but the pacing was horrible.
>>
>>14237570
There's still one unsolved mystery, though. What character was the onahole of?
>>
>>14237519
The demo are at least one hour long (it's a demo after all). And if MG is smart enough, they'll do it like KnS demo, being also online.
>>
File: B0Gu4GHCEAAnt5f.png (177KB, 997x688px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
B0Gu4GHCEAAnt5f.png
177KB, 997x688px
>>14237519
Looking forward to some quality writing
>>
>>14237646
I've heard it's actually pretty deep, and not just in the "lol deep (innuendo)" sexual way. I wonder how true that is. Like if it is actually a genuinely well written game even if you set aside the edgy ero.
>>
>>14237645
Errr, I think the KnS demo was a different situation since it's all ages.
>>
File: mahoyo (5).jpg (245KB, 579x819px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mahoyo (5).jpg
245KB, 579x819px
>>14237005
>Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - 3rd project released ch 1-5

BASED MCJON.
>>
These threads are full of kuso lately.
>>
>>14237695
>since the beginning of time
fixed that for you
>>
>>14237698
Maybe worse is the right word.

There's not much difference between this thread and the /vg/ thread now.
>>
>>14237365
Commie project is a troll project to make you wait for a translation that does not exist.

By the way, White Album 2 is a machinetl project.
If you can't wait you just have to read it with VNR because it'll be the same result. Stop spreading hype for fuwanovel retards.
>>
>>14237695
>>14237698
I can't believe this stupid "kuso" thing managed to become a meme on /jp/. You idiots have low standards.
>>
File: 1365555140761.jpg (24KB, 250x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1365555140761.jpg
24KB, 250x250px
>>14237735
>I can't believe this stupid "kuso" thing managed to become a meme on /jp/.
It's been around in some form or another for a while now.

>/jp/ has low standards.
In other news, water wet, sky blue.
>>
>>14237707
>Commie project is a troll project to make you wait for a translation that does not exist.

The same is somewhat true about Subahibi. I'm actually friends with Kingshriek and while we don't talk about it much, it came up the other day and he said they completely stopped work on it after that last patch (80%?) was leaked. They just keep pretending they're working on it because they think it's hilarious to fuck with the people who keep coming into IRC to ask about it. Which, to be fair, it is.

I wasn't very surprised, but I guess you guys might be interested in knowing this.
>>
>>14237735
Is it a meme?

It's just a goddamn word.

You want me to say it the other way? This thread is shit.
>>
>>14237745
Oh, and before you ask, this wasn't on IRC or something, he's an IRL friend. We went out drinking that night. I had one of those Orchard Pig ciders, very tasty.
>>
>>14237767
And why is it shit?

I will explain to ya:
- all the Doddler drama has jackshit to do with translation
- people here don't even play eroge anymore, they just use this thread for blogging their stupid shit
- no one wants to learn jap and the jap speakers have left the thread

It's just EOP blogging EOP shit.
>>
>>14237767
You're shit. Also, all of Elf's games are shit.
>>
>>14237005
Have any good games been translated since 2011?
>>
>>14237782
Oh, the same guy.

No wonder.
>>
>>14237778
>It's just EOP blogging EOP shit.
Welcome to the VNTS thread.
>>
>>14237783
Seven good games.
>>
File: smugblue.png (317KB, 575x576px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smugblue.png
317KB, 575x576px
>>14237745
Subahibi was supposed to be released during August. We are at mid-october and people still think that it'll be out soon.
How can they be so credulous and naive ? Maybe the newfags don't know that Herkz and Kirby are like teenagers who make pranks channel on youtube. They crave attention because their mothers hated them when they were little.
>>
>>14237783
Starless.
>>
>>14237787
Yeah, your shitposting style is very obvious. No wonder.
>>
>>14237198
Do you think they realize how much time they're wasting on this game since hardly anyone gives a shit about Da Capo?
>>
>>14237788
VNTS was something bigger, people even discuss translation quality and back up their points.

Nowadays nobody know jap so it's just blind pointing at blind.
>>
>>14237792
I think people are just so desperate for translations of the "kamige" that they'll take anyone, really. From what he told me Kingshriek doesn't really even associate with the project anymore, so it's basically just those two and Moogy trolling it up. Commie has no credibility on the scene so I think Herkz is only getting away with it because the other two are still somehow respected names.
>>
>>14237802
>VNTS was something bigger, people even discuss translation quality and back up their points.
Who the fuck cares? /jp/'s been saying for years anybody who reads translations is a shit-eating retard, all the people who actually want to discuss translated eroge are in /vg/, unless they want to hang out exclusively in /jp/ under the delusion that it makes them a better person.

This thread is basically nothing but shitposting about fuwanovel and showing off your l33t Japanese skills, and the latter got boring. Oh no. What a loss to civilization.
>>
>>14237792
vvav hasn't talked in IRC in months and plays DOTA all day.
>>
>>14237798
Yes, but I'm glad they're not letting that stop them.
>>
>>14237818
I care because the thread WAS better.

It is not now.

But yeah, I guess I should just stick to the other VN threads on /jp/ and ignore this one.
>>
>>14237816
wav is a respected name now ? since when ? the people from tlwiki are all cunts and i know that 4chan love to laugh at them ironically.
>>
>>14237828
>I care because the thread WAS better.
It was always shit, unless you really like watching people edit the grammar of retards, in which case you should just hang out in DJT all day and watch people nitpick each other to your heart's content.

I mean, yes, there was a point in time where people actually did fan translations and organized in the loose vicinity of VNTS, but that ship sailed over three years ago and you picked a really fucking weird time to complain about it now.
>>
>Kara no Shoujo hard-copy is now 4th on the weekly ranking of MG.

Wow I'm proud of you guys. Keep up the good work and maybe they will make a HC for Cartagra and KnS2.
>>
>>14237089
Some people complained that with a flash sale they couldn't get the funds ready on such short notice, or didn't become aware of the sale until it was already over, so they suggested having sales that actually last awhile.
>>
>>14237834
I don't know why he is respected, but he is, for some reason.
>>
>>14237838
It's not a really weird time since the thread is getting worse, it's not even a slow decline anymore.

People don't even talk about fucking eroge here anymore, just random ass internet celebrities that haven't done shit in years.
>>
>>14237838
Go back to /a/, /vg/ or whatever shithole you came from this summer already.

And this applies to all imbeciles incapable of writing more than one sentence per post as well.
>>
>>14237167
I'm sure google translate-kun will give it his best shot.
>>
>>14237844
i think it's because of his shitposting skill which impresse /jp/
>>
>>14237838
He's complaining now because he's mega salty about Elf dying and seeing not enough people crying about it got him SUPER MAD.
>>
>>14237645
I don't think they can do that since CLOCKUP is doing their own programming for that.
>>
>>14237852
>Go back to /a/, /vg/ or whatever shithole you came from this summer already.
I got during a summer but it wasn't this one.

>And this applies to all imbeciles incapable of writing more than one sentence per post as well.
There are, in fact, two (2) sentences in that post.

>>>14237848
Yeah, this thread never had any dumb drama about moogy-sama-heika-dono in it ever, it was only ever 100% discussion of new releases and how much we (not you, since knowing Japanese you really don't give a shit) were looking forward to them.
>>
>>14237862
>Yeah, this thread never talked about moogy-sama-heika-dono ever, it was always 100% discussion of new releases and how much we (not you - you, knowing Japanese, really don't give a shit) were looking forward to them.
A slippery slope. Moogy was influential back then, his team was worth talking about.

Nowadays he does jack shit except reviewing games while this thread talks about him more than back then, which is weird because as said, he does less than back then.

But yes, never mind, I don't think I have the patience to discuss how shit this thread is back and forth.
>>
YOU FOOLS! Pay the proper respect to Elf or he'll call us shit!
>>
>>14237778
>no one wants to learn jap and the jap speakers have left the thread
Not true. Some of us have stuck around for the shitposting.
>>
>>14237903
Even worse.

Well, I wouldn't be no fucking fly that's attracted to shit.

Bye bye.
>>
figland, pls go.
>>
>>14237906
You said that last thread and you're still here, you fucking Elf freak. Just "kutabare" like they did.
>>
>>14237840

Considering the volume of hardcopy sales, that means it's probably sold a whole two copies this week
>>
>>14237844
vvav never was. He was a guy obsessed with losing his virginity and a incredibly depressed guy.
I miss him.
>>
>>14237878
Moogy never did much of anything, what the fuck are you talking about, milf-autist?
>>
File: top.jpg (161KB, 554x394px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
top.jpg
161KB, 554x394px
>>14237915
Hello.
>>14237878
This guy isn't me but I'm super glad I have a fan.
>>
>>14237989
He never did much, but the point remained that he did more than he does now, which is nothing. It's his team that was worth talking about and he was their spokesperson.

And no I'm not milf autist.
>>
Sekai Project is apparently incompetent.

>>>/vg/119384130
>>
>>14238012
What's he supposed to do? He finished Subahibi ages ago.
>>
>>14238026
I shouldn't have replied.
>>
>>14238031
You want him to suck your dong?
>>
>>14238015
Sky is blue, snow is white, sekai project is incompetent. That's something as obvious as it could be.
>>
Apparently Aroduc's translating Sengo Muramasa.
>>
File: Finally2.png (942KB, 1098x625px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Finally2.png
942KB, 1098x625px
The Witch Boy kickstarter has now officially failed.
>>
>>14238095
This makes me happy
>>
>>14238005
Who the fuck is figland?
>>
>>14238095
Now Root Double won't be the first to fail.
>>
>>14238092
Sekai Project is apparently Aroduc's translating (incompetent).
>>
>>14238158
Me. Hello.
>>
>>14238176
I know that, but what do you do that has caused people to remember your name?
>>
>>14238166
This reminds me. Think if Japanese developers know about this, that will be less likely to agree to kickstarter, now that they know it can end in failure and embarrassment?
>>
>>14238189
I think in the first place most of them have only agreed because they're confident it will succeed. The Witch Boy Kickstarter was like the only no-name one, and they were just cocky as fuck for some reason (I'm not sure why, why the fuck do they think their game is special? Binan is way better.)
>>
>>14238183
I shitpost on IRC and sometimes scan things no one cares about. I don't post here much anymore.
>>
File: Truth.png (18KB, 547x247px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Truth.png
18KB, 547x247px
>>
>>14238228
I watched a friend play this and was literally laughing out loud at all the cliches. The game isn't even funny.
>>
>>14238241
>I was literally laughing out loud
>The game isn't even funny

Okay Mr. Tsundere.
>>
>>14238247
Okay, I was laughing when I wasn't supposed to be laughing.
>>
File: More truth.png (22KB, 488x241px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
More truth.png
22KB, 488x241px
Here's another good one from earlier.
>>
>>14238255
What can I say? Toby's a master of humor.
>>
>>14238200
They think they're special because apparently that game is helping gay people in Japan.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/witch-boy-magical-piece-a-bl-visual-novel-localiza/posts/1368810
>>
File: High praise.png (15KB, 567x199px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
High praise.png
15KB, 567x199px
Don't just take my word for it - check out all the good things professional reviews are saying!
>>
>>14238200
WEE and Lepidopetc were complete nonentities as well. They definitely saw that success and thought themselves invincible.
>>
>>14238281
Yeah, that's pretty funny that the developer picked those quotes. The review scores are real though.
>>
Reminder that KnS and Cartagra are now DRM free. It's quite possible that KnS 2 will be DRM free too but there's no confirmation yet.
Doddler, can you give confirmations about this?
Also, MG should say on twitter or even sticky a post on their forums informing which games are DRM free.
>>
>>14238400
>Isuna Hasekura
>non-entity

I think you underestimate Spice and Wolf's popularity in the west.

Leopardwhatever I'll give you. I think that one got lucky by riding on WEE's success, since SP was getting a lot of attention at that time.

Man, I forgot WAS has some damn good VAs. I should play it, but how is it still not fucking out? This company...
>>
>>14238432

KnS2 will have DRM (for now), but that could change down the road. I believe the Mac and Linux versions will be DRM-free from the get-go though.
>>
>>14238432
Or just use the category tags on the games. They have one called "kemonomimi" for god's sake
>>
>>14238438
No one really cares about WEE in the japanese VN community. It doesn't matter if the author was popular before, it was a random forgotten game.
>>
>>14238438
They ran into issues with licensing the voices.
>>
>>14238450
>No one really cares about WEE in the japanese VN community.

Which is totally relevant to a Kickstarter that was funded by the English community. (That was sarcasm. It is not relevant.)

Rokka no Yuusha's anime was popular as hell here despite not selling at all in Japan. These things happen. The point I'm making is, they knew their audience with WEE, it doesn't matter what Japan thought.

>>14238463
Considering past experience with Sekai Project, I have to wonder if they even asked before saying "HEY GUYS, WE HAVE RINA SATOU! HELL YEAH!"
>>
>>14238477
Except it is? I'm very sure a Muramasa or Baldr Sky kickstarter would be funded in just a few days, because they're *known* titles. No one who cares about spice and wolf knew about WEE before sekai started to advertise it and opened the kickstarter. It was a irrelevant title that no one gave a shit about. Just because the author is famous isn't enough for a kickstarter to be succesful like WEE was.
>>
>>14238493
That is because they used Spice and Wolf's name to advertise it. Of course Muramasa and Baldr Sky would be funded even faster. I'm just saying there's a reason why WEE's Kickstarter ended up doing well. It had a recognizable name attached to it.
>>
>>14238463
Are you saying a company really launched a kickstarter that promised voices without actually securing the rights to them first? Anyone even remotely familiar with nip IP rights should know what a minefield it is.
>>
Too excited for Sonicomi and Gore Screaming Show. The last few novels I've played were Clannad and Downhill Night about 5 years ago.
>>
Sumaga when
>>
>>14238879
After Muramasa for sure.
>>
>>14238444
Thanks for answering. Regarding KnS and Cartagra, with the exception of the bundle, MG site lists these games as needing a internet connection for activation. If I re-download one of these games can I expect them to be DRM free or weren't these releases (as well as the website) updated yet?
>>
>>14238876
Gore Screaming Show's patch will not be coming out any time soon (I'd like it to, but it won't). Don't get your hopes up too high.

That's ridiculous though. You really have not touched anything for that long, and one of the few things you did play was Downhill Night, of all things? And neither of them have very good translations...

Why don't you play the Kara no Shoujo series? You've missed out on the first two and the third one is coming out very soon. It's very good timing and you won't have to do any waiting.
>>
>>14239016
Yeah, I know it's not coming out anytime soon, but I'm just excited it's being translated at all.

Yeah, it's been a long time since I've spent time in this neck of the woods/with this hobby. I've recently tore a ligament while skateboarding, and have surgery coming up on the third, so I'm going to have all the free time in the world to get back into the swing of things. I played Downhill Night because I always loved Initial D, but yeah it was pretty damn lackluster.

Kara no Shoujo, huh? I'll grab it. I haven't played many of these things so far. Saya No Uta, A Drug That Makes You Dream, Wanko To Kurasou, Discipline, Fate/Stay Night, and the other two I mentioned.

Thanks for the suggestion, anon. I want to play more since I'll have the time.
>>
>>14239056
You gotta read some of the ones on the recommended list. Most of the ones you've read aren't that great.
>>
>>14238959

I know it's been removed for the bundle, but I'm not positive what the status of the individual games is at the moment. I'll have to check when people get into the office in a few hours.
>>
https://docs.google.com/a/mikandi.jp/forms/d/1DK1rCIljO_qJCluq8yLtbGC7MoozNvOIzlr0pDV4QwU/viewform?c=0&w=1
>>
>>14239064
What list? I'm down for some recommendations.
>>
>>14239056
Yeah, you have at least read a few great ones, but it sounds sounds like you've got a lot ahead of you. The injury sounds unfortunate, but it's just as well, I guess.

Incidentally, Cartagra is the first game, so make sure to play that one first. It goes Cartagra, KnS, KnS2. I think the series will be right up your alley.
>>
is shiny days patched yet
>>
Why doesn't anyone translate this? It's not even that long. It's probably the most craziest 4th wall breaker I've read in awhile.
>>
>>14239209
Because it's shit.
>>
>>14239209
Why don't you translate it yourself?
>>
>>14239229
Because he read it with Atlas, which is why he didn't mind the extra shitty writing.
>>
File: im not tsundere.jpg (24KB, 402x348px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
im not tsundere.jpg
24KB, 402x348px
>>14239209
Probably >>14239219
But I think the main reason is that only the best and most moving stuff gets translated since it's A LOT of work to do for free.

Meanwhile, I liked Totono, but the gimmick is up.

>watch clip of girl going 4D yandere and fucking shit up
>WOAH THIS IS PRETTY COOL!
>realize that's the high point of the entire story
Now do I really want to spend like 4+ hrs on a moe blob yandere VN with no action where you already know the best part?

I think not. Tsundere is infinitely better anyways (would read a VN if there is tsundere vs yandere).
>>
>>14239125
10 months of healing and solitude. I'm not too worried, I'm just glad I'll be "normal" afterwards and will be able to walk and do sports again.

Cartagra first, got it. Thank you so much, anon I really appreciate it. I forgot how much I liked it here. Anything else you'd recommend based on my shit taste? Or just anything you really enjoyed?
>>
File: 1445135321992.jpg (3MB, 1835x10000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445135321992.jpg
3MB, 1835x10000px
>>14239233
The ending is pretty satisfying. Plus, the feeling of having a sentient game is pretty interesting in itself

>that 10 year dialogue.

Pretty sad if you ask me.
>>
>>14239258
what if

>100 years since last played

What would it be?
>>
>>14239242
Not everyone here is a fan of it, but I think Umineko is a really good mystery series, so I'd also recommend that. It does a lot of stuff with unreliable narration so there's a lot of opportunity to really put some thought into what happened and what the solution of the mystery could be.

Reading all the episodes is pretty long though so for some shorter titles, I also recommend Hanachirasu and Kikokugai. They're both some very solid action stories.
>>
File: VN 2015 chart.png (1MB, 3548x2352px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
VN 2015 chart.png
1MB, 3548x2352px
>>14239120
It's this, anon
>>
>download Mahoyo from a Mega link
>it's packed with a dummy cut ISO, a crack and patch
>mount and install ISO
>copy crack
>then patch
>game is still in moon

What went wrong?
>>
>>14239433
This isnt't he tech support thread.
>>
>>14239441
I know but I was hoping the others who have installed it could tell me what method they used to install the game so that it works with the patch.
>>
>>14239496
Read the patch instructions and drop the .xp3 files in the right folder.
>>
>>14239510
The patch didn't come with instructions, unfortunately. I'm assuming the xp3 files are to be copied into the game's main directory where it's .exe and other patch.xp3 files are, right?
>>
>>14239521
No, it goes into savedata\patches. There should be instructions somewhere though.
>>
>>14239537
I got three patch files and a folder for a Win8 patch. The Win8 patch has it's own individual readme.txt but nothing for the patches. And where is is savedata\patches supposed to be? Is that a folder I have to create myself?
>>
>>14239558
Not the fucking tech support thread. Go to the place you got the fucking patch for help using it, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>14239567
That thread died before I got a chance to install the patch. So is savedata supposed to be in the game folder or a ProgramData folder?
>>
>>14239580
>that thread
Go to the people who made the patch, you retarded cocksucking shitstain.
>>
>>14239593
Dude son, just answer my questions real quick if you have the answers.
>>
>>14239601
Then you will continue treating this thread like your personal shitpost area instead of going to place where you should be.
>>
>>14239293
Sounds good, I remember Umineko getting a shitload of threads back then. I'll check out Hanachirasu and Kikokugai as well. Thank you again, anon. Sorry to ask to be spoonfed, but I believe in you and your taste.

>>14239388
Thanks! I'm going to work on some titles on this list. Always wanted to try Higurashi as well.
>>14239580
Stop being such a fucking faggot and like >>14239593 said, go to where you got the patch and ask there.
>>
>>14239614
Then stop responding if you're going to be a dick about it. The thread wouldn't be filled with shit if you didn't keep responding with deliberately vague answers.

>>14239620
Or you guys could just post a screenshot of your installation folders real quick.
>>
>>14239629
Let's recap what you did. Instead of going to the site who created the patch, complete with instructions of how to use it, you lazily downloaded it from someone who rehosted it, and have now come here to a THIRD place to bitch that it doesn't work.

Go fucking somewhere else, you shit eating faggot.
>>
File: 1437378876107.png (422KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1437378876107.png
422KB, 1024x576px
>>14239652
Well, I tried.
>>
>>14237005
>Kiminozo - Common route translation complete
Who's doing this?

>Koichoco - 100% translated and edited, 340/397 files QC
I never thought this one would be translated. As far as I remember, the only noteworthy thing about this was getting to listen to Asami Imai sex scenes.

>Rewrite Harvest Festa - 22583/30040 (75.18%) lines translated
Is Ixrec kill?

>Sumaga- Fully translated, in editing
This STILL hasn't been released?

I guess missing out on months of updates is about the same as following up week by week.
>>
>>14239657
Beast's Lair, General Discussion forum.

You should be able to figure out the rest.
>>
>>14239668
>Kiminozo - Common route translation complete
>Who's doing this?
Edited machine translation like all of the Muv Luv group's projects.
>>
File: 1381940181148.png (273KB, 545x325px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1381940181148.png
273KB, 545x325px
>>14239670
I'm already browsing it. I'm not finding the answers I need but I guess I'll make an account later.
>>
>>14239679
Even redditors were able to figure it out. I'm 100% sure there's instructions on the mega folder you downloaded it from.
>>
>>14239672
Amazing.

What's Koestl doing nowadays?
>>
>>14239696
Managing the editing of Gahkhthun and translating Grisaia's first fandisk.
>>
>>14239700
Fandisc? You mean sequel?

What's kirby going to work on now that they successfully memed Subahibi?
>>
>>14239433
>mega link

where?
>>
>>14237167
What do you mean by untranslatable?
>>
>>14239711
>sequel
Semantics.

It's half the length, contains twice the porn, and 75% of the rest is random noncanonical bullshitting around. It's a fandisk in every way but the label.
>>
>>14239683
Yeah. Still not finding the savedata folder. I'll just make an account later.


>>14239715
https://mega.nz/#!tQtWEZ5L!BUMfJfk7fqbOzOx207F8xhmdy7Rlrp20fhfXQefAAII
>>
>>14239734
>https://mega.nz/#!tQtWEZ5L!BUMfJfk7fqbOzOx207F8xhmdy7Rlrp20fhfXQefAAII

Thanks, but what site did you find the link on?
>>
>>14239700
So he's working with SP now? When did that happen?
>>
>>14239749
A thread in /a/.
>>
>>14239752
Uh, when SP licensed Grisaia a year and a half ago?
>>
>>14239752
Ever since they did the Kickstarter for Grisaia.
>>
>>14239753
Thanks again
>>
>>14239758
>>14239757
I never knew. I would have actually supported that kickstarter if I had known, but it's okay I guess.
>>
>>14239683
I "figured it out", I guess.

The game never made a savedata folder on my system. Only a patches folder in my Documents folder.
>>
>>14238861
The additional voices hadn't been recorded yet and one of the delays was that the VAs they wanted were busy with anime. I'm not sure if the issue is with the old voicework or if the new work cost more than they thought.
>>
What is your favorite meme?
>>
>>14239846
Subahibi translation
>>
>>14237984
I'm still around. Don't worry about me. I'm graduating from college soon, so I haven't had much time to post on 4chan. If you want to hang out with me, though, you might catch me over on /vg/ occasionally.

>>14239711
>What's Kirby going to work on
I'm looking to do more official work right now. Hopefully I might be able to finish Sayonara wo Oshiete someday, too. Nothing's really concrete at the moment, except that I don't think I'm going to start another fan translation in the near future.
>>
>>14239872
Hey can you please tell me the SubaHibi translation is not a meme and is just taking a little more time than predicted, so I can sleep well tonight? It'd mean a lot thanks.
>>
>>14239872
>more official work
Mangagamer or Jast?
>>
>>14239620
No problem, I think "spoonfeeding" is silly to be concerned about in this context anyway. Like yeah, it's dumb when people are asking about objective facts that show up immediately if they take two seconds to google them, but this is just opinions on VNs. It's a good thing to have a conversation about, I think. Anyway, I hope you like 'em.
>>
>>14239877
If he doesn't respond, that answer will speak volumes.
>>
>>14239879
He translating Seinarukana from scratch.
>>
>>14239872
>If you want to hang out with me, though, you might catch me over on /vg/ occasionally.
I want to be your friend IRL.
>>
>>14240230
A pothead dropout? He has no money to steal, so what? You just want to rape him?
>>
>>14239872
>Hopefully I might be able to finish Sayonara wo Oshiete someday, too.
>too.

Until proven otherwise you never translated anything. Get off your high horse, cunt.
>>
Noticed something funny on steam http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Sekai%20Project

Where did all the shitty sakura whatever games go?
>>
>>14240236
He probably has kidneys and stuff to steal. Hell, doesn't even matter if he's alive, so steal all the organs.
>>
>>14240353
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Winged%20Cloud

Over here.

I wonder if this means Winged Cloud is just self-publishing now. That would be hilarious if Sekai Project lost yet another asset because WC realized they can do it on their own and make tons of money. Cut out the middle man.

I don't know whether to take it that way though because indie devs can be very misleading about the publisher for various scummy reasons.
>>
>>14239901
Aroduc was doing that last time I checked, what happened?
>>
>>14240550
He's incompetent.
>>
>>14240364
Sekai Project's problem is they quickly become irrelevant as a publisher to the original developers. They don't handle any meaningful amount of distribution themselves, as they have no large platform for selling titles, they just put titles on Steam. Currently if you go to Sekai Project and click "Shop", you see a single T-shirt, while Denpasoft has been mostly neglected to date and hasn't got any traction. Additionally, for Japanese titles much of the localization work is contracted out, while for OELVNs they often just throw their name on it and put it on Steam. This leaves Sekai Project is, in most cases, helping newcomers to get started, selling their brand name, and setting up kickstarters (which still requires significant input from the original companies). Once a company no longer requires those services, there is no reason not to cut Sekai Project out.
>>
>>14240582
I wonder how Dovac feels about this. Knowing him he probably did not even think of this potential issue.
>>
File: Clipboard03rgfdbv.png (220KB, 519x862px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Clipboard03rgfdbv.png
220KB, 519x862px
>>14240582
Well, getting games onto Steam isn't trivial I guess. Seems like associating with SP and getting promoted by them helps. Most people don't think it's a bad brand.
>>
>>14240600
Yes, they surely offer a huge amount of help initially, but once the original developer has some traction, they no longer need Sekai Project's for getting onto Steam, or general publicity, depriving Sekai Project from being able to cash in on the future success of the efforts they help get off the ground.
>>
>>14240364
Winged Cloud has 11K per month on Patreon. Use some of those funds to pay back the kickstarter, you pieces of shit.
>>
With the removal of most of JAST's titles from sukebei, where do I go to pirate them now (other than going to eroge download)?
>>
>>14240808
KAT or mofumoe
>>
How much sex stuff was preserved in Steam's version of Grisaia?
>>
>>14240871
None.
>>
>>14240881
A lot of the user-posted pictures seem pretty raunchy.

Is Amane's route cut in half?
>>
>>14240893
Amane's route is still majority a flashback. The sex scenes are pretty loaded upfront, but removing them doesn't really impact the story if you know they're happening and they're fade to blacks.
>>
>>14240736
According to their kickstarter page they already did.
>>
>>14241003
Read the comments. People are complaining that they asked for refunds weeks and months ago. They also asked on twitter which gets conveniently ignored.
>>
>>14241020
The most recent comments show that people who had issues getting their refunds have gotten them now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/403475477/the-guardians-spell/posts/1301349
>>
Anyone know how MangaGamer is doing?
Personally, I'm surprised they are lasting this long.
>>
>>14241081
Their sales numbers have gone up overall and Steam is giving them more money than they've ever had before.
>>
>>14240808
> removal of most of JAST's titles
Someone there finally figured how DMCA works?
I wonder when MG will do same.
> where do I go to pirate them now
animesharing, rutracker, pornolab.
>>
>>14241081
How about you fucking look at OP or something?
They manage to keep on payroll several times more teams than their competitors (10 teams vs 3-5 of JAST and similar amount for SP). That's as much as you need to know about their well-being.
>>
>>14241091
>rutracker
https://torrentfreak.com/rutracker-lifetime-block-lawsuit-filed-by-music-industry-151013/

While the (very likely) block of the tracker will directly affect Russian ISPs only, non-Russians will also suffer because the vast majority of uploaders are Russian. Grab the stuff you want while you still can.
>>
>>14241113
Administration of rutracker and music faggots already reached preliminary agreement on out of court settlement. Russian government is not willing to close down site with millions of visitors daily and they are forcing music association to be reasonable.
>>
>>14241147
If any of the MG staff are here, what are your plans with the SonoHana series?

I know the first 9 of the main series games have already been fan TLed, and you started with a Miya/Risa game, which is actually a good place to start. What about the 10th game, Lily Platinum? It was never fan TLed at all, so unless MG releases the games before Miya/Risa, that will be a gap in the series. I can see issues potential licensing issues with games 7 and 9, since they have an obviously underage girl dating her teacher.
>>
For those of you who were asking about the DRM status of KnS and Cartagra outside of the bundle––yes, they should both be DRM free shortly. The bundle was a new item so it just got taken care of first. KnS should be done and Cartagra is being reuploaded now I believe (The note about requiring an internet connection to activate the product should be removed from the product page when they DRM-free builds are uploaded). If you already bought either of them, you'll be able to redownload from your account page to get the DRM-free version.

>>14241346

None of us can really comment on stuff like this prior to official announcements, so there's not much I can say other than that we are paying attention to what fans are saying/etc.
>>
I wish Mangagamer would release Himawari back on Vita where it came from. With Steins;Gate selling pretty decently, Muv Luv saying "no risk" for physical due to S;G sales, and Grisaia soon, it seems like a good platform, where people are more willing to buy games than pirate them.
>>
>>14241559
Sony has completely abandoned the Vita, and I expect within a year everyone else will too. Damn shame.
>>
>>14241618
Well, Sony NA/EU hasn't done much the console in years.

Third party devs will still put out localizations and people are buying them. The point is that the Vita has an audience that would be more inclined to buy VNs anyway. I think S;G on consoles did pretty decently (considering the cost is just a port) and there seems to be a good amount of Vita backers on the Muv Luv kickstarter right now.
>>
>>14241618
I don't know why they even bothered with the Vita. PSP was great too, but Sony literally repeated history and fucking ignored the handheld they made. Just, WHY?
>>
>>14241663
Well, the Vita is still fairly successful in Japan, although of course it doesn't have that huge mainstream appeal of the 3DS.

A PSP successor absolutely had to be made. It became an unviable platform with how trivial piracy was.
>>
>>14241536
Thanks for the update on the releases.
Keep up the good work.
>>
>>14241808
I'm not with MangaGamer or any company at all for that matter, but I just want to let you know that I am also paying attention to what fans are saying.
>>
>>14239231
Did the Japanese who praised it read it with atlas too?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYYBCjzGcKI

Japanese dub for League of Legends. Some good VAs in there.
>>
>>14242075
>muh-doka
>>
>>14242078
It's kind of a shame that's what she's best known for when that is one of her most wooden performances. She is so good in the right role. (Check her out in Overlord, holy shit.)
>>
>>14242075
They seem really happy to be voicing games. Unlike Western VAs...
>>
>>14241536
>we are paying attention to what fans are saying/etc.
Make a SonoHana bundle with the first 10 games in it for $50.
>>
>>14241663
In an interview a Sony rep said that it doesn't intend to make another portable console after the Vita, so it looks like they're abandoning the handheld market.
>>
>>14242402
Source on this? I wouldn't be surprised but I haven't seen such an interview.
>>
>>14242351
Yeah, I think that is a big problem with western VAs, especially these days. Most of them just do not give a single fuck about their work. Meanwhile you've got Hanae who's like "Holy shit I love this game, I can't believe I'm actually getting to do a voice for it." And he's straight up one of the top VAs in Japan right now, so for this dude to feel honored by it just goes to show how much they value their work.
>>
>>14242365
>Make a SonoHana bundle with the first 10 games in it for $50.
At least $100 and sell each game at least $15 each. Any less than this is a huge steal and doesn't follow the policy MG uses for pricing other games.
>>
>>14242453
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/10/voice_actors_union_authorises_strike_action_with_landslide_96_52_percent_vote

They are trying to get more money for the very little work they are already doing.
>>
>>14242449
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-26-sony-climate-not-healthy-for-playstation-vita-successor
>>
>start playing shiny days
>immediately remember that every character is related and that one man fucked his daughter, than his grand daughter, then his great grand daughter
O...ok
>>
>>14242471
9 of the 10 games are already fantranslated, so getting people to pay $100 for them is kind of a stretch. They're also all basically kinetic novels. Sure there are choices, but all they do is prematurely end the game, there are no alternate paths or dialogue.
>>
>>14242351
>>14242477
The sad truth of the market system is that if you like your job, it just means they can pay you less.
>>
>>14242544
The homeless must really love their jobs.
>>
>>14242524
Fucking mobile games. They've taken over so much that fucking Nintendo of all companies is developing for something that's not their own system. Like, holy shit.
>>
>>14241536
Oiran Rouge when?
>>
>>14242532
SonoHana games are about the same length of Sweet Sweat and some other nukige MG has released so far. $15 for a commercial release of a SonoHana game is a good price.

Also, $100 for 10 games is quite cheap regardless of a fan-translation existing or not. I don't believe that MG shouldn't make the games cheaper just because they had a fan-translation.
>>
>>14242600
>shouldn't
Damn phone. It's "should"
>>
File: IMG_20151009_102038.jpg (285KB, 1024x873px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_20151009_102038.jpg
285KB, 1024x873px
>>14237646
Shall we create a thread for reactions?
>>
>>14242471
You need to play all ten of the games for Maidens of Michael to make sense, so pricing them too high could prevent the series from taking off. MG also chose to start with RHWM, which likely means they're prioritizing the not currently translated games.

Even though a Lily Platinum patch hasn't been released, the majority of its translated script can be found and read online. Trying to sell the old games at a higher price likely won't work when they can read all ten for free right now.
>>
>>14242570
Apparently Aroduc's never heard of Oiran Rouge.
>>
>>14242631
>You need to play all ten of the games for Maidens of Michael to make sense, so pricing them too high could prevent the series from taking off.
In this case, wouldn't individual commercial releases (with a bundle when all individual games are released) work better? MG could try to release a game each month or each two months. I suppose this would help in regards of more people buying the games and potentially further increasing the reputation of the series.

>MG also chose to start with RHWM, which likely means they're prioritizing the not currently translated games.
Makes sense. I suppose fans wouldn't want MG to start the partnership by releasing games that already have a fan-translation.

>Trying to sell the old games at a higher price likely won't work when they can read all ten for free right now.
I never bought the japanese version of the SonoHana games I played so far. As someone who likes the series, I'm more than williing to show my support to these games even if they don't get a lower price (because of the fan-translation) due to the fact that I never supported the developer when I originally played the game. I'm aware some people disagree with this line of thought but this is how I currently feel toward localization of already existing fan-translations. However, I do not agree to localizations similar to what SP is doing with G-Senjou (no adult version) so I won't give my support to such release.
>>
With how MG's hesitant to release more than one game per month I worry about how things will turn out for the SonoHana series.
>>
>>14242626
I like how the dyslexic editor read four as forty.
>>
>>14242747
They've released cheap games on top of full games before, they just won't do 2 full length games in one month. The Hentai Industries and Ame no Murakumo brands have had games released the same month as other games. So if the SonoHana games aren't over $15, then I can see them doing the same thing.
>>
>>14242631
As a fan of the series, I'm well aware it's a niche of a niche. As such I'm happy pay $30+ per game to show support. I get the feeling the fan translators are also pretty passionate about the series, MG getting the translations for cheap or even free doesn't seem that unreasonable (and most aren't that long anyway).

Obviously you're right in general, MG have spoken before about how games with fan patches straight up sell worse. Still, I hope they bring them out in order, maybe bundles of 2-3 games at a time.
>>
>>14242547
Not working is the best job, after all.
>>
>>14242937
They could do 5 bundles, one for each couple. Not everyone is a fan of all of the couples.
>>
Damn Oiran Rouge art is gorgeous, i didn't know that Maybe was in the VN industry too.
>>
>>14237646
>>14242626
https://twitter.com/CafeDX/status/655900456787415040
>What kind of car do the characters in Euphoria drive?
>A Scatillac.
I want to kill myself for losing my shit because of this
>>
>>14241646
>The point is that the Vita has an audience that would be more inclined to buy VNs anyway.
This. 90% of the people who actually bought a Vita did so for Japanese games. If anyone's buying VNs, it's them.
>>
>>14242065
Yes.

Nobody actually knows Japanese, everyone is just pretending.
>>
>>14242146
I honestly always recognize her as Hibiki.
>>
>>14243319
Good because that is one of her best characters ever.
>>
妖夢の爺、且つ剣の師匠です。

How would you interpret this line? What is his relationship to her?
>>
>>14242528
Any news on that uncensor patch? Though with the torrents gone it might be harder to get the game itself.
>>
>>14243736
KAT has a torrent.
>>
>>14243702
Youmu's grandparent, and her swordsmanship teacher.
>>
>>14243758
>>14243702
Wait, not necessarily grandparent, I guess.

Just "old man" in general.
>>
MG just dropped a bomb. Of course, I'm personally speaking
http://blog.mangagamer.org/2015/10/19/princess-evangile-hardcopy-preorders-open/
> The limited edition will come with the game, the soundtrack, a 40 page mini-artbook, and a Steam key for the all-ages version! Preorders are now open. Expect it out on December 28th.
>You’re probably wondering why the release date is so far off, well… we’re doing something a little special this time around. In addition to the limited edition of the game, we’re going to be producing a special wallscroll––a wallscroll you all are going to be selecting the design for!
>From now through next Monday head on over to the Princess Evangile Election Page to vote for your favorite Princess Evangile girl. The winning girl will be featured on the wallscroll––which you’ll be able to preorder with the limited edition of the game at a discount, or purchase on its own.
>>
>>14243826
Wouldn't the people who would have been interested in this already bought the game? Double dipping to get an artbook and soundtrack seems bit silly.
>>
>>14243826
Neat. Not gonna buy it but it's neat.
>>
>>14243846
That's just the MG way. Hard copies for games that sold well.
>>
>>14243749
Thanks. And by ignoring the first question I'm assuming the Kokoro scenes have yet to be put back in.
>>
>>14243913
Did they remove Kokoro?

What's even the point then?
>>
>>14243965
Something about one of their translators in Canada getting in some sort of legal trouble. They said an "unofficial" patch will be released that'll add them back in but its been a god damn month now. I'm not even going to make space until that patch comes out.
>>
File: 1.jpg (36KB, 528x495px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
36KB, 528x495px
Did I make you wait?
>>
>>14243826
wasnt there supposed to be MG euphoria update today?
>>
It sounds like Winged Cloud made some post on their Patreon about their falling out with Sekai but I guess it's supporters only (seems a little dumb).
>>
>>14244226
They said it'll be in the evening.
>>
Jinki: Extend Re: Vision never
>>
>>14244074
>They said an "unofficial" patch will be released

To think there were people gullible enough to believe them.
>>
>>14244861
You mean its never happening?! Fuck, that's 12GB of space I'm saving. Setsuna's in the first game and caused no problems so WHY?!
>>
>>14244861
I think they are working out the technical issues and bugs, gamebreaking shit like losing saves, before releasing the uncensor patch
>>
>>14244074
> Something about one of their translators in Canada getting in some sort of legal trouble
You mean Sekai Project being assholes like usual and fucking up things for imagined reasons. There was no legal trouble of any kind.
>>
>>14244873
Since when is Kiyoura a loli?
>>
>>14245115
Jesus, I was REALLY looking forward to Shiny Days too!

>>14245131
Short and flat, general body type. Similar to Kokoro, is she not?
>>
>>14245115
Hold it, Sekai Project hates loli?
>>
>>14245173
Setsuna's one of the horniest sluts of them all. Kokoro gets straight up raped.
>>
>>14245183
>Kokoro gets straight up raped.
At first, if peeks at the clips months ago are any indication. But seriously, if the patch isn't coming, will the fans at least try to fix it, even if it'll cause consistency issues with how the sex scenes will look (pixels and whatnot)?
>>
>>14244873
https://connect.jastusa.com/support/discussions/topics/5000047459?sort=recency

They're still planning on releasing it, they're just waiting until all the bugs are patched and the game is stable.

It's not on the first page of comments, but the guy behind most things Shiny Days says that somewhere within the last week or two in there.
>>
>>14245232
>they're just waiting until all the bugs are patched and the game is stable.
That makes sense. Release the fixes and the scenes simultaneously. Sad to say that I'm not surprised to hear Shiny Days is glitched, given my experiences with School Days HQ.
>>
>>14237745

I really hope that this is not the case. I am actually terminally ill (cancer) and while my prognosis was really good in 2012, it's gotten steadily worse. Obviously, I am not living for SubaHibi, but it is one of those things on my bucket list, that I wanted to read before I died. I really do not know how much time I have left, but I hope that it is released while I can still read it.

To anyone asking "why not just learn Japanese" it's because I have a lot of other things on that bucket list, most were lewd and debaucherous. The only great thing about knowing you are going to die is that the consequences of STDs are entirely irrelevant.
>>
>>14245257
moogy confirms the project was a meme all along
>>
>>14245250
It's just as bad if not worse.

They "patched" a bug that was in the original JP release that somehow made it into their build. I'm pretty sure it's still bugged too.
>>
>>14245271
>>It's just as bad if not worse.
I had issues with scene skipping. How the fuck did it get worse?!
>>
>>14245280
The release version of the game you were unable to save without running the game as an administrator; it randomly crashed for no good reason, from skipping, and from costume selection; the music would sometimes stop playing, never to be played again; and one of the endings to the game corrupted globalflag.dat and made the game literally unplayable. Oh, and I think some of the ending title cards displayed wrong.

Some of these have work arounds, and the globalflag.dat thing was patched, but the game is basically unplayable at worst.
>>
>>14245305
There's more bugs than that too, I just listed what I could remember off the top of my head.
>>
>>14237005
Source?
>>
>>14245305
>>14245309
Wouldn't Sekai Project learn from School Days HQ or were these bugs present in the Japanese version? You'd think that being paid would increase incentive for QA and such.

>costume selection
Wait, how does that work in a fully animated VN?
>>
>>14245270

>>>14245257 (You)

Oh gee, that worries me. Wait, Moogy is the faggot that didn't TL comyu until Ixrec was going to do it.

His words carry zero weight. His body carries a lot of weight. He's pretty fat from what I remember. I bet hookers gag when they have to smell his hideous fat-trapped nut-sack.

I want to febreeze him. Hard.
>>
File: Costume Selection.png (567KB, 800x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Costume Selection.png
567KB, 800x450px
>>14245344
You can choose the Radish uniform that Setsuna wears. I don't know if it applies to the rest of the characters because I've only selected one of them.
>>
>>14245353
(YOU)
>>
>>14245344
> Sekai Project
> learn
> QA
Uhhuh.
>>
>>14245337
http://blog.fuwanovel.net/2015/09/shiny-days-troubleshooting-guide/
Here's some fuwa post I got from Googling "Shiny Days bugs."
>>
>>14245358

Okay sorry Chemo has me a bit loopy. It was also Dra Koi not Comyu that I was bitching about.
>>
>>14245362
And here's JAST's trouble shooting page: http://follow.jastusa.com/post/130312237491/shiny-days-troubleshooting
>>
>>14245363
>literal cancer
>>
>>14245359
I remember reading somewhere that they only had one guy doing QA.
>>
>>14245386
Judging by dovac's twitter, he's their QA guy and QA means installing game, clicking "auto" and then checking that it went to the end.
>>
File: Cancer_p1.jpg (190KB, 640x426px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Cancer_p1.jpg
190KB, 640x426px
>>14245379
>>
Why Winged Cloud supposedly split with Sekai Project >>>/vg/119581963

>"We will just release them without sekai. From my personal feeling most of the people at sekai just disagree with our ecchi / hentai games. We where just feeling very awkward working with a company where a lot of people straight out dislike our games. Its really regrettable but they prefere more "serious" storys and many of them just dont like our games."
>>
>>14245472
Sasuga SP. Badmouthing their best partners to extent that they broke up relations.
>>
File: Harmonia.png (344KB, 494x633px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Harmonia.png
344KB, 494x633px
Harmonia going on Steam Greenlight this Friday.
>>
>>14245495
Kickstarter when?
>>
>>14245505
Didn't Key follow suit and ditch Sekai Project?
They're publishing it on their own and doing a simultaneous Western/Japanese release.
>>
>>14245513
Yes, but no reason to not dip into sweet kickstarter money again, without sp.
>>
>>14245472
>they prefere more "serious" storys and many of them just dont like our games

When did SP join the /jp/ club?

Winged Cloud: Too shitty for even Sekai™
>>
>>14245495
Who is "translating" it?
>>
>>14245539
I bet it was someone like herkz or aginyan or some fuwatard with "Sekai Project" flair shitting on winged cloud games in public, because what is being professional.
>>
>>14245547
Some jap probably.
>>
>>14245472
Good job, Winged Cloud. The more people that abandon SP, the better.
>>
>>14245539

Other way around, bro.

Sekai Project: Too shitty even for WC™
>>
>>14245550
It's okay. WC, which also happens to be the initials of water closet, deserves their bad reputation. I mean, that fucker couldn't even write a basic sentence without multiple spelling and grammar mistakes. I would make fun of him for being ESL but apparently he's from the UK.
>>
>>14245270
moogy-hecka-dunno
>>
>>14245173
>Similar to Kokoro, is she not?
Sure, but Kiyoura is a high schooler, and Kokoro is a kid.

Kiyoura's a-ok for the same reason Makina is and Illya would be.
>>
>>14245563
That doesn't stop him being ESL.
>>
>>14237792
>They crave attention because their mothers hated them when they were little.
It's easy to take the mother's side when we're talking about Herkz.
>>
>>14245586
Do you even know what does ESL mean?
>>
>>14245589
Herkz is neet who doesn't leave house and is entirely provided by his family. Clearly his mother is much more loving than he deserves.
>>
>>14245593
You?
>>
>>14245495
Huh, I didn't realize Key had started looking towards the West. I know I'm retarded, since Clannad is clearly there under SP on the third post, but still.

When is Type Moon gonna get into this fad?
>>
>>14245617
When VNs start generate 8 digit sums of proft. Even million USD is just too small figure for TM to bother.
>>
>>14245628
People were saying that about Key too, though.
>>
>>14245628
Didn't Key ask from a cool million to license Clannad? Though, that's mostly because Japanese companies won't be blunt and just say "no" straight out.
>>
>>14245629
Key is in decline, while TM is on rise and harvesting vast amounts of money from mobage.
>>
>>14245635
With how popular Fate is in the West, you'd think they'd at least consider giving Vita Realta Nua a try.
>>
Euphoria up for preorder

Release date not listed on the page, but on haro's site for it, it says november 27th
>>
>>14245270
How pathetic is Moogy that he links the fucking Reddit thread instead of the actual /jp/ post.
>>
>>14245749
I hope MG is careful of how they should advertise that game. If Yurirei has taught them anything, it's that game journos don't fucking read and/or play games.
>>
>>14245749
It comes out Black Friday then.
>>
>>14245766
>If Yurirei has taught them anything
The press release for that wasn't exactly clear on the details of the game either, so MG has to word their press releases very carefully.
>>
>>14245766
But wasn't whole point of it to cause controversy and attract wide masses this way?
>>
>>14245749
Preorder, not demo? Damn. Well, off to play something else.
>>
>>14245786
Of euphoria I mean, not yurirei.
>>
>>14245789

demo aswell https://s3.amazonaws.com/mangagamer_public/MangaGamer_euphoria_trial.zip
>>
>>14245786
No idea, but most of the comments on the Kotaku article were just painful to read. If anything, they talked about the game too early, since it won't be released until next year.
>>
>>14245796
>having to log in to play a game demo

Why they do this? Thanks, for the this btw.
>>
>>14245816
log in? i just downloaded, no login
>>
>>14245828
I meant on MG's site.
>>
>>14245766
What happened with Yurirei?
>>
>>14245843
Canceled.
>>
>>14245843
Articles like this:
http://kotaku.com/steam-is-getting-an-uncensored-sex-game-1728006494
>>
>>14245859
I know, I found that, but I don't see the problem.

>>14245852
Well, fuck. I'd love to see a little change in the idiotic and stupidly prude mindset of American companies, so a sex game on Steam would have been a very good sight.
>>
>>14245832
Probably because it's a fucked up thing so they want to make sure kids don't download it on accident.
>>
>>14245927
How much is there in demo? Just electrocution scene and first rapes of each heroine I suppose? Nothing normal healthy kid wouldn't already seen.
>>
>>14245916
>Well, fuck.

You don't seriously believe him, right? This is just some weird attempt at sarcasm, I hope.

Yurirei is still coming to Steam. "What happened" just refers to the negative attention it's getting from skeletons (my wordfilter for SJW because people use that word too much, it's the only appropriate word to describe what's happening here though).
>>
>>14245931
Prudes are not SJW. There were some SJW attacks claiming that yurirei is male patriarchy product full of sexism and not suitable for True Lesbians, but they were in ridiculous minority.
>>
>>14245929
I'd hope a normal healthy kid wouldn't have seen rape and electrocution. At that age you should only be sticking with vanilla stuff.
>>
>>14245931
>skeletons

spooky
>>
>>14245946
Very appropriate for October, really.
>>
>>14245766
I would hope Kouryuu isn't stupid enough to send a press release to all the major game sites talking about how extreme the content in Euphoria is and how great MangaGamer is for not censoring it, drawing a controversy to the website and putting their Steam relationship in jeopardy to sell some extra copies of Euphoria .
>>
>>14246200
But there's no point in releasing euphoria if it wouldn't make waves.
>>
http://mangagamer.org/euphoria/#features
I love their "guro on/off" example. Surely image on right side is totally not "grotesque" anymore, huh.
>>
>>14246200
Kouryuu NEEDS to do things to get more attention from the gaming media in general. Look at how much better KnS did because he ACTUALLY GOT KOTAKU TO COVER IT.

Jim Sterling took a messy shit all over Boob Wars and that made it one of their best selling games. What matters is MONEY.
>>
>>14246222
>scat off
>it's still there

What the fuck?
>>
>>14246353
yeah i think that was an error, like they linked the wrong image
>>
>>14246353
You silly, piss is not scat, only feces count.
>>14246365
No, look closer, on left one she's also shitting herself.
>>
People love nothing better than competing with their friends to play through extreme content and then posting reaction videos on youtube, I think it would sell itself with some strategic advertising.
>>
>>14246350
I agree, and I don't fault Kouryuu for overplaying Yurirei to get all the mainstream press it did, I believe that was handled quite well. But there is a different between getting attention and going overboard to the point of risking a controversy that could easily come back and bite them.
>>
Kickstarters failing, all major names turning away to make their own localizations, and now even EVN developers abandoning them. Things are sure great for sekai.
>>
>>14246444
Dovac's fall has been a long time coming. I intend to enjoy it.
>>
Looking forward to incoming shitstorm about Euphoria.
>>
>>14246470
His latest tweet is just "God damn it." Even he cannot hide his displeasure.

Also there's another tweet where he freaks out about people calling his meme games meme games.
>>
>>14246484
>about

You mean during.
>>
>>14246484
You dirty scatophile.
>>
Is there a person more toxic to the scene than Dovac?

Yes. His name is Jaka.
>>
>>14246633
Jaka, pls, this is not self-promotion thread.
>>
>>14246637
If I were Jaka why would I promote myself as being awful? That's Dovac's shtick.

If I were Jaka, I would also hate myself. Well, I do, but not because of being Jaka. Since I'm not.
>>
I'll show you a Heavy Object, if you know what I mean.

HINT: IT'S MY DICK
>>
http://strawpoll.me/5783621
Time to settle this matter.
>>
>>14246671
I am hurt that I didn't make it onto this list.
>>
>>14246633
>Jaka
Who the fuck is jaka?
>>
>>14246671
I don't even recognize some of these names. Are you one of them?

>>14246688
He's the jackass that runs HorribleSubs and used to run gg before they shut down. Possibly one of the most obnoxious people in existence and doesn't really do anything that isn't actively trying to make things worse.
>>
>>14246698
> I don't even recognize some of these names
Then you are too new to the scene.
>>
>>14246704
Okay, who are Kaisos and Hyperknees?
>>
>>14246821
https://twitter.com/tyabann_ and https://www.reddit.com/user/hyperknees91
>>
>>14246830
I see some stupid tweets and comments and that one of them recognizes that Moogy is an idiot, but I'm not understanding what makes either of them notable.
>>
>>14246836
Their stupidity sometimes reachers truly noteworthy heights.
>>
>>14246837
Any specific examples? That's what I'm looking for really.

Also, what did Habluka do? I recognize the name but I cannot remember what it is associated with.
>>
>>14246837
https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/3md2za/offtopic_thread/cvepgx3

Seems like a pretty smart person to me.
>>
>>14246222
Euphoria has the best features I ever saw in a VN.
>>
>>14246890
Check out NTY's.
>>
>>14245916
The media act like it's graphic sex, which it's not, so it's not really a departure from Steam's current policies regarding sexual content (despite how inconsistently they seem to be enforced).
>>
>>14246205
>>14246350
Remember the "hacker" from last year that attacked MG's site because he thought it contained material he thought was offensive (then later found it it didn't)? And I'm pretty sure MG has had a few DDOS attacks against it in the past as well. Giving such mainstream coverage to a game like euphoria could have negative things come from it as well.
>>
>>14246841
He failed to translate Supreme Candy. He also has hyper autism which results in some extraordinarily bizarre opinions.
>>
>>14246633
The feeling when you're that guy from Tlwiki that tried to get a job as an editor for Manga Gamer but got rejected by Kouryuu.
>>
>>14246376
Would euphoria even be allowed on youtube? And I'm talking about both youtube's content policies and MG's streaming policy.
>>
>>14246959
How dare he make fun of your chuuni shit, Anon.
>>
>>14246444
I bet dovac is kicking himself for all of the "donations" he made to Japanese developers now.

Honestly though, Sekai's recent moves have all seemed really dumb. Asking $57,000 for Witch Boy, publishing a little girl simulator, and going to ask $150,000 for Narcissu when most of the content is just ports from the Vita. Winged Cloud jumping ship was their own decision, but based on their patreon post, it seems at least some of Sekai's staff antagonized them about their games. Seriously, you don't want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg when you want to stay in business.
>>
>>14246978
>recent

All of their moves are really dumb.
>>
>>14246991
Getting licenses for Clannad and Grisaia was wise, they made tons of money.
>>
>>14246444
Look forward to all of the cheap doujin games that Sekai will continue to license.
>>
>>14246996
From partnering with companies that proceeded to throw them under the bus after they'd run out of that money.
>>
>>14246978
>going to ask $150,000 for Narcissu when most of the content is just ports from the Vita

I like how they're not being remotely upfront about this and keep going on about how they're funding new game development.

>>14246996

Made tons of money for the original license holders who then promptly dumped them when they realized Sekai wasn't providing them much of value in the long run.
>>
>>14246970
I don't care if you hate chuuni or moe or nakige or whatever. Hab's rants are just... strange. He complains about the most trivial shit and his taste seems to be all over the place and makes no sense.
>>
Herkz has been fired from SP, right? I don't see any logical reason for keeping him around when he keeps fucking over. He's caused them to lose both Frontwing and Winged Cloud. If this goes on they will lose something else with Wing in the name.
>>
>>14247006
Are the future Grisaia games not going to be published by SP or something?
>>
>>14246970
Its not about chuuni tho. For example, he rated first sakuuta trial 10/10 and then rated new one 1/10 and keeps throwing tantrum about scaji destroying makura, all because they made it bigger resolution and updated art a bit.
>>
>>14247004
How so?
https://vndb.org/u44918/votes?c=all;o=d;s=vote
>>
>>14247009
Correct.
>>
>>14247006
Hahaha, what did he do?
>>
>>14247004
Sounds a lot like Aroduc.
>>
>>14247010
But the scripting tho!!!!!!!!11!11!1
>>
>>14247015
For one thing, he just straight up told everyone private information about the company on IRC and that was put into a pastebin log that found its way around the internet, including to Frontwing themselves.
>>
>>14247015
Trash talked Front Wing all the time in public, on reddit and IRC.
>>
>>14247020
In a way, yeah. But at least Aroduc gets shit done.
>>
>>14247030
Buncha boring shit nobody really cares about though. I don't think he's translated a single interesting thing since Galaxy Angel.
>>
>>14247010
Why does it bother you that he doesn't like Sca-ji getting more involved with Makura than he was intended to be? He doesn't like the change of styles or the focus on Inugami, so what?

If you take a glance at the styles of the game they've changed a bit since H2O and Supreme Candy, etc. They had a very distinct artistic style and their newer releases lack that (other than stock background art).

He told me he really liked Himanatsu but felt that it didn't feel like a Makura game in his eyes. That and the overall art quality where the different styles stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>14247035
>They had a very distinct artistic style and their newer releases lack that
A bad one with blatant reuse of tachi-es throughout.
>>
I hate the guy who's like "Finish your partnership with Sekai Project" like he even knows what actual deal they have with them. There is no damn reason for them to do it if it does not exist. Talking about vague concepts like "trust" that don't actually apply to business.
>>
>>14247037
Really? I think Subahibi is generally regarded as having fantastic art.
>>
>>14247006
FrontWing's English site went up prior to Herkz's comments about FrontWing, so they likely planned to ditch Sekai Project before that. As for Winged Cloud, it's not like Herkz is/was the only one on Sekai's staff who would've dissed them.
>>
>>14247009
FrontWing is publishing the Grisaia soundtrack, which is why they're trying to get it greenlit and have put it on itunes.
>>
>>14247045
He was the one that did it most blatantly, because there is not a single part of his body that is not made up of jackass.
>>
>>14247035
Supreme Candy was seven years ago. I would expect their art style to change a bit in that time. And Keromakura art has always been quite bad from a technical standpoint. Nothing has changed there.

But I'd agree that Himanatsu isn't like a normal Makura game, in that parts of it are actually good.

>>14247044
Even Subahibi has some really derpy tachie and fucked up anatomy in CGs, etc. Its art is considered good by a lot of people, myself included, simply because it's used very effectively and there's a lot of it. It also manages to be pleasant to look at despite its issues.
>>
>>14247024
>found its way around the internet, including to Frontwing themselves.
And at least some of this was because an anon on /jp/ who Herkz pissed off previously sent the log to FrontWing via their English website contact address, and encouraged others to do so as well to increase the impact.
>>
>>14247042
Is someone complaining to Winged Cloud about ditching Sekai Project? Link, please.
>>
>>14247060
I'm rather curious what you consider "good" eroge art.

>because it's used very effectively
Don't kid yourself. It's used like a standard eroge with how CGs are used and placed.
>>
>>14247031
Romanesque was fun as HELL, dude.
>>
>>14247063
And supposedly they did, because rumor has it that Frontwing was less than pleased about it and Herkz got in some deep shit.
>>
>>14247074
I doubt you've played Subahibi if you're making statements like that. Or you haven't played many standard eroge. Or both.

I mean, just as one example I happen to have handy, do standard eroge have CGs like this?
>>
>>14247057
Oh gee, I wonder why Kouryuu refused to hire him for MG despite koestl trying to get him in?
>>
>>14247081
JAST translated that.
>>
>>14247090
Who was the translator for that one though?
>>
>>14247089
I heard that on top of his personality being a reason, he straight up FAILED the editor test. How fucking incompetent do you have to be at editing... Well, this makes perfect sense though, because he basically does nothing when he edits aside from changing senpai to "older than me."
>>
>>14247085
That's the example you're giving me? IIRC, you only get to see that if you hit the emergency button. Either way, that CG doesn't have much to do with anything other than being something their SD artist drew.

Subahibi doesn't have any fancy effects for CG display, they're presented in the typical fashion. It's not the way they're used that makes them good, it's that the CGs are for the most part, very good and pleasing to the eye.
>>
>>14247097
Mr. JAST.
>>
>>14247098
Don't forget the memes.
>>
>>14247107
Peter doesn't know Japanese.
>>
>>14247089
Is koestl even all that good? I can't imagine a translator with a brain being friends with Herkz.
>>
>>14247115
No, his husband, Bobby JAST.
>>
>>14247063
What does he do for money if he keeps getting fired?
>>
>>14247129
He's neet, leeching off his parents.
>>
>>14247121
Grisaia's translation was pretty excellent.
>>
>>14247138
Agreed. Pretty much /jp/ approved.
>>
>>14247103
I'm not talking about effects. I'm talking about making the CGs count. Subahibi did that quite a lot better than your typical eroge where the CGs are mostly just cute pictures of the heroines. Rarely was there a scene that felt like it could use a CG but didn't have one. Of course, the sheer number of CGs (close to 200 IIRC) helps a lot in that regard.

And I agree, they ended up looking pretty nice despite the plethora of technical issues you can spot with them if you look closely.
>>
>>14247098
Maybe he was pretending to know Japanese again and changed lined to make them "better".
>>
>>14247138
>>14247141
Perhaps because of the editor. No, not Herkz. DxS.

From what I've seen, Herkz despises DxS, so that's more than enough reason to believe DxS is a good editor.
>>
>>14247148
No, he's tsundere.
>>
>>14247151
Where's the dere?

There isn't any.
>>
>>14246936
I thought it was like the Hanabira games. So it's not an actual eroge, just has some lewd content here and there like all ages Grisaia?

>>14245931
I thought they were praising though. And in any case, negative press from "skeletons" is as good as press can get.

>>14245937
It's not surprising that they contradict each other at any given time when they're such morons. Literally anything remotely sexual will split them in several camps. Since male (straight) sexuality is evil and female sexuality is good, they can never know what to do with heterosexual or lesbian porn that MAY be liked by straight males as well as other groups.

>>14245946
2spooky.
>>
>>14247169
I think it still has sex scenes, but there's no genitals shown in the CG. Steam has always allowed breasts and nudity anyway (same as ESRB M). But I think textual descriptions of sex is a new one, although I don't know how explicit Yurirei is.
>>
>>14246956
>Remember the "hacker" from last year that attacked MG's site because he thought it contained material he thought was offensive (then later found it it didn't)?
Tell me more, anon.
>>
>>14247169
During the sex scenes you can see breasts, but nothing graphic at waist level. For example, you could see a hand up a skirt, but not see exactly what's going on down there.
>>
>>14247098
Considering that Kouryuu's pet issue is MangaGamer's translation quality, bringing on a well known controversial editor would not be in line with that goal even if he did the test perfectly.
>>
>>14247128
JAST's gay.
>>
>>14247031
You think that Kamidori is boring shit ? It's one of the most funny VN translated anon. It's true that Aroduc translated a bunch of shit titles like Dual Savior or Romanesque but he really need to start working on a new Eushully game.
>>
>>14247121
That a fact ? He is pretty overrated here.

>>14247148
DxS is part of the meme gang with Xythard and herkz so i don't think he's as good as you say.
>>
>>14247202
Duel Savior was pretty decent though.
Kamidori's routes were awful, but the rest of it was pretty good.
>>
>>14247186
Why is that his pet issue?
>>
>>14247210
> He is pretty overrated here
He won as best translator in recent reddit poll with overwhelming difference to the rest of translators.
>>
>>14247202
>Dual Savior
>shit title
The only shitty thing here is your taste.
>>
>>14247211
Obviously Kamidori's main interest isn't the story or the writing but the funny cast and gameplay. You can't say that it's not super entertaining. Hell I think it can be considered as good as some AAA TRPG.
>>
>>14247210
Xythar's an idiot, but I haven't actually seen memes in any of the shows he's edited.
>>
>>14247216
>reddit

Well there's your problem. Reddit also screencaps bullshit I make up for the hell of it. It's disturbing that I may be interacting with one of them right now.
>>
>>14247121
People here like Koestl because he has Moogy's seal of approval. That's the primary reason. That's not to say he's not a good translator, but /jp/ is hilariously bad at telling a good translation from a bad one without Heika-dono-sama-chan's opinion to guide them.
>>
>>14247216
Reddit is now a reliable source of information on 4chan ? Fuck. What happened ?

There is plenty of talented translators who are better than koestl. It's just that the guy is trusted here and he knows how to behave properly.
>>
>>14247176
Some moron thought the "family" tag for MG's games meant real child porn or something, and used some super simple trick to get their then non-encrypted user info. MG improved security after this, but it was a major oversight. The guy dumped the plaintext info including: usernames, passwords, and I think email addresses as well online. Some guy later claiming to be the "hacker" went to the MG forums and apologized, since he later found out MG didn't host the kind of content he thought it did at the time. This was right before Imouto Paradise was released.
>>
>>14247226
My point is, its not "here", its "everywhere in western community", or in other words, he is universally recognized as best VN translator by everyone who reads VNs in English.
>>
>>14247233
Nope. Makoto is.
>>
>>14247227
Moogy's bad at that too, but nobody knows because he never actually gives any reason for why a person is a good or bad translator.
>>
>>14247233
Makoto is probably the best VN translator right now. Too bad he's stuck editing Sonico.
>>
>>14247233
You really are that guy from reddit, aren't you?
>>
>>14247215
Because he has had to deal with cleaning up the after effects of the Edelweiss translation for years. It left a horrible first impression that dragged MangaGamer reputation down long after they fixed their translation problems.
>>
>>14247239
That bastard must be from somewhere else if he thinks this thread, of all places, unironically gives a shit about moogy's approval.
>>
>>14247232
Man, why can't people like that put effort into hacking people that actually deserve it? Such a waste that this happened to a good company, over a simple misunderstanding. If he'd taken the time to read he could have helped them fix a security issue instead of trying for some twisted form of justice.
>>
>>14247247
That's true, it took me a long time to realize they had actually become good.

Who was it that had MangaGamer before Kouryuu?
>>
>>14247239
The thing is, it doesn't matter if Moogy is right or not. /jp/, by and large. has no way to verify it. Moogy could tell you that Insem is a great translator and everyone here would believe him and start singing Insem's praises.

Oh, you may say you don't care about Moogy's opinions, but the fact is that what he says still carries a lot of weight in this community. Otherwise Koestl would probably be decried as a "meme translator" or something and hated.
>>
>>14247269
He, uh... IS decried as a meme translator and hated.
>>
>>14247247
And yet they still host the games that they admit have subpar translations. It's a time/money issue that prevents them from being retranslated, but at least it would be them correcting their mistakes. The edelweiss and Higurashi retranslations have been well received. Even if they don't want to dedicate their main translators to the projects, they could contract out the work to translators with a passable skill level.
>>
>>14247283
They can only move forward at this point. Only the most popular VNs will get a retranslation for obvious reasons. Remember, MG was borderline bankrupt for years.
>>
>>14247282
Not from what I've seen here and elsewhere.

(Incidentally, I'm neither pro- nor anti-Moogy, or pro- or anti-Koestl. I don't even use translations myself. I just think the whole thing is amusing.)
>>
>>14247283
They should hire KiritoCy, that guy is pretty good.
>>
>>14247227
Aroduc has Moogy, Koestl, and Makoto's seal of approval and we hate him.
>>
>>14247282
He was talking about /jp/, not whatever delusional world you think you're living in.
>>
>>14247257
The guy on the MG forums "claimed" to be the "hacker", but who knows if it really was? Secondly, if it was the guy, he might've really done it for the lulz, but realized he might be in serious trouble and made up some excuse that made him seem more like a vigilante than a criminal. Just look up MG at all, they were even on Steam by that point, and you find out they only do 2D vns, so I think his excuse with bullshit.
>>
>>14247269
>what he says still carries a lot of weight in this community

What "community"? Certaintly not the /jp/ that I know. moogy is made fun of here. It can't be helped if other more retarded communities can't pick up on /jp/'s banter and think we're serious.
>>
>>14247262
Japanese employees. You'd think that native English speakers for translators would be a no-brainer, but apparently not.
>>
>>14247295
You mean YOU'RE talking about /jp/. And you're still wrong.
>>
>>14247301
The funny thing, he's made fun of when mentioned by name. But almost all opinions in /jp/ seem to coincide with his, be it who is a good translator, or which game is supposedly a kamige, and why.

Just a little while ago people in this very thread were talking about how the "writing" is supposedly bad in totono, which is exactly what Moogy said a couple of weeks ago on his twitter. Dies Irae, Baldr Sky, and Muramasa are kamige because Moogy said so. Makoto is the best translator because Moogy said so.

I bet over 90% of the opinions in this thread come directly from him.
>>
>>14247262
>Who was it that had MangaGamer before Kouryuu?
Evospace I believe
>>
>>14247308
I don't think it's a good idea in the first place. Who knows the Japanese language better than a Japanese person? That's why all J->E translators should be Japanese.
>>
>>14247345
>Just a little while ago people in this very thread were talking about how the "writing" is supposedly bad in totono
People talked about the bad writing in Totono for ages

>I bet over 90% of the opinions in this thread come directly from him.
90% of his opinion come from Hadler anyways
>>
>>14247354
>That's why all J->E translators should be Japanese.
Read Tasty Shafts and Which girl should I choose? and get back to me on that.
>>
>>14247345
I don't know about other people, but I knew Muramasa would be a kamige from the moment I finished Hanachirasu and saw the same writer had done a mecha VN. This was before I even knew Moogy existed, back in 2010.
>>
>>14247361
Their translations are accurate, and that's what matters.
>>
>>14247366
If Muramasa has as many info dumps as Hanachirasu, then count me out.
>>
>>14247383
Since it's significantly longer, it logically should have much more. In which case, count me in, because that's what makes Hanachirasu so good.
>>
>>14247382
Their translations are incomprehensible much of the time, and that matters more. If they're bad at English, they're likely to misunderstand English words and phrases, so they're getting it wrong on the other side of the translation. Even edited machine translations tend to make more sense than that.
>>
moogy doesn't know Japanese.
>>
"Moogy doesn't know Japanese" - Japanese
"Japanese doesn't know Moogy" - Moogy
>>
>>14247389
You do know that Akane's "sister" was really the woman who Akane supposedly killed in the past to piss off Igarasu so much right? That was never explained.
>>
>>14247269
> has no way to verify it
What? Verifying translation quality is very easy. You open game in Japanese and translated, read segment in Japanese, then read same segment in translated version and compare them. Even ape can do it.
>>
>>14247410
Who kicked the can in Ever 17? Some things will never be explained.
>>
>>14247410
Igarasu is an idiot. There's your explanation.
>>