[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell are Free Masons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 26d.jpg (62KB, 680x713px) Image search: [Google]
26d.jpg
62KB, 680x713px
What the hell are Free Masons?
>>
>>79564161
search it up
>>
Christian jews.
>>
>>79564214
Makes sense, actually.
>>
>>79564161
Founded America
>>
They're like regular masons but work for free.
>>
>>79564161
she's somewhere on that thin line between interestingly cute and a bit weird looking
would scheme with/10
>>
File: masonry.jpg (209KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
masonry.jpg
209KB, 1200x798px
Free people who do Masonry, obviously
>>
freemason*
a series of fraternal organization
>>
File: eyes_of_gate_goebbels_small.jpg (25KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
eyes_of_gate_goebbels_small.jpg
25KB, 500x417px
>>79564488
You disgrace your ancestors hans
>>
>>79564736
tbph I if was born in the Third Reich they may would have sterilized or killed me or some shit, so I don't really care
>>
>>79564161
Please dont post my picture here
>>
>>79564161
Back in the past - philosophy club for elite
Nowadays - elite club with some philosophers
>>
Basically a bunch of old white people that have jobs that would be considered "traditional jobs (bankers, architects etc)using it as a way to make contacts and network but also as an informal union helping the community and such(revitalisation projects, community spaces) it's not an ilumunuty meme
>>
People join, play billiards, drink, and generally network. Masons look out for each other. They'll offer each other deals if they own a business (operate at cost or at reduced fee), if a mason is arrested by another mason, they might fudge the account to get a lighter sentence or be let off entirely, etc.

It used to be more theological/mystical, and there are still some religious trappings (God as builder), but nowadays it's more about personal integrity.

It's a club.
Source: I have a family member who's a mason, he's basically a salt-of-the-earth farmer type. Goes fishing a lot.
>>
>>79565245
It's not a meme, no.
The very idea of a secret society is utterly repugnant in a free and open one, but then we never have been.

RIP USA 1776-1948
>>
>>79565596
So they are Christian jews
>>
Masons who does it for free.
>>
>>79564681
Sounds just like a union, why do you ałlow them?
>>
>>
>>79565855
No anon, they _are_ the "jews"
>>
>>79565855
No, it's more fraternal than that. More intense. My family member is Jewish (A Jewish mason, so we're just ticking all the boxes lmao), and the relationships don't even compare. His Mason friends will go the extra mile where even his good Jewish ones won't. It's very much a brotherhood, a conscious, deep dedication.
Also, as mentioned, it's not exclusively Christian, though the foundations of what little ideology in the movement that still floats around might be from Judeo/Christian tradition. You can be a Bahai Mason, a Muslim Mason, etc. There's very little that needs to be bought into beyond the willingness to bond with others, and a loose conception of a metaphysical deity existing.

I have a friend who is a dentist, and he's part of a collective chapter of business owners in the city where he works. They get together every weekend and discuss what is going on in their professions, letting everyone else on the inside scoops and try to do favors for one another. Thanks to him, I got a boxed seat with an all-you-can-eat at a baseball game for $30 because he knew someone who works at the stadium.
Masons are like that, but also combining the close-knit nature of small religious cults. It's more intense than a larger religion like Judaism or Christianity.
>>
>>79564161
They used to be an actual Stone Masons Guild based around the brotherhood of the craft, but the guild was gradually taken over by rich boys with ideological fantasies who never worked a day in their life, and turned it into an elitist cosmopolitan club.

Basically what happened to Communism.
>>
>>79566196
>my family member is jewish
stopped there
>>
>>79569215
Your mother didn't seem to mind :)
>>
>>79566196
Man, imagine telling people you are a Jewish Freemason. Conspiracy minded folks must utterly lose their shit at such an admission.

Anyway thank you for sharing.
>>
>>79569272
>Anyway thank you for sharing.
<frogposts>
>>
It's a frat for middle and old aged men. More often than not I've encountered drunk rather than sober masons. Also there's some larping going on and you can make friends with significant members of the community but aside from that it's just dudes getting drunk.
>>
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
>>
File: index.png (7KB, 254x199px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
7KB, 254x199px
>>79569599
VITTU
VITTU
>>
>>79564161
Unironically? A bunch of middling underachievers who like to dress up and LARP as powerful elite chessmasters because they live otherwise boring and unfulfilling lives
No actual important person has anything to do with them
>>
An uncle of mine is a freemason but he dodged the question when I asked what happened in the lodges. True Story. I bet they're just posers, pretending to be intellectual and shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 480x723px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 480x723px
They would never rig an election to hold onto power. That would be illegal and immoral.
>>
>>79564161
back in medieval times they were a sort of stone mason guild with some spiritual shit involved about buildings and other shit, they used specific ratios and techniques to identify their work and had super secret club symbols so they could recognize one another. they were also not shunned by the catholic church.
then in the enlightenment larping scientists decided to use their symbols and lodges to discuss science with other nerds safely so they became very influential on the virtue that a bunch of smart people or aristocrats that wanted to look smart were free-masons.
>>
>>79569977
That's what masons want you to believe.

>w-we're irrelevant in today's world, I s-swear!!
>>
>>79564161
Used to be behind things like American and French revolutions, Mexican anti-clericalist wars, etc.

Now are just old dudes

Nope nothing suspicious ever involves Freemasons anymore
>>
>>79570547
pretty much this

t. Charbonnerie
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.