[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is pic related a good way to learn the basics of a foreign language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: duolingo_logo.png (25KB, 661x598px) Image search: [Google]
duolingo_logo.png
25KB, 661x598px
is pic related a good way to learn the basics of a foreign language
>>
I'd say it's better at teaching vocabulary than the actual basics.

I used it while learning german just to expand vocabulary.
>>
>>79402636
basically what he said >>79402953
duolingo is good for basic vocabulary and a crude understanding of grammar
there are definitely worse ways to start learning a language and it gives you a good impression if you actually want to keep going
>>
>>79402636
The grammar sucks but it's good to learn the vocabulary
>>
>>79402636
I dislike it because it's full of errors
>>
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Italians, is in fact, Venetians and Italians, or as I've recently taken to calling it, masterrace and shitalians. Italians are not an ethnic group unto itself, but merely a linguistic group made useful by based Venetians, a vital group thanks to which Europe exists.
Many /int/ users mistake Venetians for Italians every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the Venetian group is often called "Italians", and many of /int/olerants are not aware that it is basically the Venetians, a Central European masterrace.
There really are Italians, but Venetians are no part of it. Venetians are different, much more civilized and stuff. This is essential for you to realize. Italians often include Venetians, but basically it's Italians with Venetians added. All the so called "Northeastern Italians" are really Venetians.
>>
>>79403494
Which language were you doing?

>>79403469
The portuguese they have is brasilian for some reason. What's wrong with their grammar?

>>79402953
>>79403170
I want to learn portuguese since my mom's side is portuguese but she wanted me "americanized" so she never taught it to me and it wasn't offered in school
>>
>>79402636
Why are murricans always only learning the basics of foreign languages? You either have to do it properly or you just don't. You don't "speak" a foreign language by using Duolingo or learning it for two weeks. This requires years of effort.
>>
>>79403778
They wanna look intelligent but only know english
>>
No.
Best way to learn a language is learning it by posting in a general on /int/.

t.regular /fr/ visitor
>>
No. But there is no harm in doing it. The great thing of Duolingo is that you can do it while taking a shit. Which adds up if you do that every day.

You should just use study books. Memorize word lists. And then slowly introduce media as well (radio, tv, games). And eventually end with conversations.
>>
>>79403931
Best way to learn a language is by posting in a general on /int/*
>>
>>79403931
try this with /deutsch/ and people will think you're dyslexic
>>
>>79403931
Agreed, this is how I learned spanish
>>
File: german leisure entertainment.jpg (662KB, 2332x1756px) Image search: [Google]
german leisure entertainment.jpg
662KB, 2332x1756px
>>79403778
I want to learn the basics now and then take classes.

If you read the thread instead of being a dumb autistic German, you would see that I have people to practice with too
>>
>>79403931
je t'aime
>>
>>79404420
Bon post
>>
File: 1446138105808.jpg (33KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1446138105808.jpg
33KB, 480x454px
>>79403931
>Best way to learn a language is learning it by posting in a general on /int/.

>mfw when accidentally saying racial slurs in a foreign language
>>
>>79404420
>>79404835
je veux vous enculer pêh (pas homo)
>>
>>79404977
>accidentally
Redditors leave
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.