[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it feel like to be multilingual?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7400.jpg (1023KB, 1389x3886px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7400.jpg
1023KB, 1389x3886px
Do the multilingual think in 2 or more languages alternatively? Or they usually think in a certain language and just have no trouble speaking those languages like they naturally come to them?
>>
You don't think in languages, moron

If you mean thinking about sentences in different languages then yes
>>
File: 1503348573735.png (155KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1503348573735.png
155KB, 600x600px
Yes I think in English sometimes.
When I was still in highschool (and had russian classes) I would count in Russian too.
>>
>>79363019
I don't think in words but I do think out a sentence before saying it out loud, so I have difficulty switching rapidly between languages

I feel as though most people count in their native language. I do
>>
>>79363019
yeah whatever m8
was that pic snapped in japan or china?
>>
>>79363145

>highschool
>russian classes

What the fugg, are you like 50?
>>
>>79363019
Depends on which language I have been using most recently, one of my biggest problems is forgetting words in one language but knowing their equivalent in other languages. That's why I love speaking to one of my friends because we end up speaking some sort of unholy frankenlanguage.
>>
>>79364180
Some high schools still offer Latin and Greek, why not Russian?
>>
>>79364180
I had to choose two languages when applying for highschool.
The choices were English, French, German, Russian, Spanish and Chinese.
I picked English and Russian.
>>
>>79363019
Sometimes I think and even dream at night talking to others in English. It's quite strange. Sometimes in daily conversation with my coworkers I struggle finding the right spanish word to say, especially when using technicisms considering most literature that I read is in English
>>
I'm Russian but I think in English now.

I often can't find Russian equivalents for English words. Makes me sound like a retard when I stop in the middle of a sentence when speaking Russian trying to find a Russian translation for an English word

tl;dr it's suffering
>>
It's nice because you can borrow words from one to another that have a better meaning for the thing you want to say
>>
I once heard that your core program is mainly written in what your mom talked to you when you were a baby.

To me, German filled most of my communication, so it's more developed, while Turkish, the language my mom talks in with me, doesn't have the same range, nevertheless simple Turkish touches me more.

I think in the language that's most relevant at the time or linked to the particular subject. Right now and when it comes to most literature related things it's English.
>>
>>79363019
Think in whatever language you are writing or speaking. I have heard someone who think only in their mother language, translate it in their head, then say it out loud. Some people who actually aware of how it works out in their brain told me it's slow though, which make sense.
I think in Japanese when I'm speaking one. But I'm here for years and actually fluent. I used to think in English when I was at the peak of my English fluency too. Now it's a bit cumbersome.

>>79363084
Why do you assume that? Some people can, some people can't. But I can't show it. The same way colorblind person can't show you what the world look like to them, but colorblind person do exists.
>>
i dont know about others, but i think with whatever comes up first.
>>
>all these foreign cunts speaking my language

Fuck off and get your own you twats
>>
>>79366273
>it's a "deluded britbong thinks popularity of English comes from Britain and not USA" episode
>>
>>79366746

>it's a gruel-munching slave thinks 'English' comes from America episode
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.