[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your core values #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 14

Greetings, international anons.

I've come to test you -- but not with fake-ass tests for finding your soulmate among videogame characters, a real very scientific very advanced test to tap into the essence of your core values and compare them to the values of your peers.

Due to intricacies of statistical analyses that I intend to run on this data, I need shittons of participants (more than a thousand) that can be of dubious quality (so none is too worthless to participate). In return you get your own individual value profile and comparison anchors, and I get your anonymous data to violate with my statistical tools (and also help me test an idea that I've been thinking about for almost 10 years).

Here's the link: unipark.de/uc/personalvalues
>>
We've done a ton of questionnaires yesterday (picrelated, huge thanks to everybody who did it), so today I'll be posting some of the stats collected.
>>
File: values.png (171KB, 1038x1118px) Image search: [Google]
values.png
171KB, 1038x1118px
So these are the averages from the 302 totally-definitely-good responses that were there.

The average 4channers' values (consisting from /bant, /int, /sci, /adv, and yes, some /b/) are as follows:

1.Self-Direction Thought - 14.25
2. Self-Direction Action - 14.02
3. Security-Societal - 13.04
4. Benevolence-Dependability - 12.96
5. Benevolence-Caring - 12.92
6. Security-Personal - 12.62
7. Achievement - 12.23
8. Universalism-Concern - 12.15
9. Hedonism - 12.11
10. Universalism-Tolerance - 11.39
11. Face - 11.23
12. Humility - 10.88
13. Stimulation - 10.72
14. Universalism-Nature - 10.68
15. Conformity-Interpersonal - 10.32
16. Conformity-Rules - 9.96
17. Power-Resources - 8.73
18. Power-Dominance - 8.36
19. Tradition - 8.06
>>
>>79332965
And this can be compared to some average student sample:

Benevolence-Dependability
Benevolence-Caring
Autonomy-Action
Autonomy-Thought
Face
Hedonism
Security-Personal
Security-Societal
Universalism-Concern
Conformity-Interpersonal
Stimulation
Achievement
Conformity-Rules
Universalism-Tolerance
Humility
Universalism-Nature
Power-Dominance
Power-Resources
Tradition

So yeah, not that different, with Self-direction and benevolence at the top, power and tradition at the bottom... Interesting that benevolence is high (oh you care-bears), but not as high as for regular students, that societal security is that high (why the hell would you care about the society so much?). Low stimulation makes sense, imho.
>>
File: Gender.png (32KB, 910x298px) Image search: [Google]
Gender.png
32KB, 910x298px
That be the gender breakdown
>>
File: age.png (29KB, 1046x228px) Image search: [Google]
age.png
29KB, 1046x228px
And that be age. So the average year of participation is 24, with 66% of participants between 18 and 30, and 99% b/w 12 and 36.
>>
And that's correlations with gender - girls had significantly lower Autonomy-Thought, Security-Societal, and Tradition, and higher Universalism-Concern
>>
File: Religiosity.png (64KB, 1030x590px) Image search: [Google]
Religiosity.png
64KB, 1030x590px
And that's religiosity. 4chan has strayed from God considerably.
>>
>>79332965
>1.Self-Direction Thought - 14.25
>2. Self-Direction Action - 14.02
>3. Security-Societal - 13.04
>4. Benevolence-Dependability - 12.96
>5. Benevolence-Caring - 12.92
>6. Security-Personal - 12.62
>7. Achievement - 12.23
>8. Universalism-Concern - 12.15
>9. Hedonism - 12.11
>10. Universalism-Tolerance - 11.39
>11. Face - 11.23
>12. Humility - 10.88
>13. Stimulation - 10.72
>14. Universalism-Nature - 10.68
>15. Conformity-Interpersonal - 10.32
>16. Conformity-Rules - 9.96
>17. Power-Resources - 8.73
>18. Power-Dominance - 8.36
>19. Tradition - 8.06

What the hell do these things all mean?
>>
File: sounds pretty gay.jpg (75KB, 307x320px) Image search: [Google]
sounds pretty gay.jpg
75KB, 307x320px
>>79332414
>>79332530
>>79332965
>>79333235
>>79333972
>>79334556
>>79335822
>>79337320
>>
>>79338024

People high on autonomy of thought value their freedom to cultivate their own ideas, creativity, imagination, and curiosity.

Autonomy of action reflects the values of freedom to determine one's own actions, independence, and self-reliance.

The value of stimulation encompasses appreciation of excitement, novelty, and challenge in life.

People high on hedonism attribute more value to pleasure and sensory gratification.

People who score high on achievement are highly motivated by success according to social standards.

People who value dominance value their control and power to constrain people's behavior.

Power-Resources refers to the ability to control events through one's material assets.

People who are high on Face value are concerned with maintaining and protecting their prestige.

The value of societal security stresses safety, stability, and order in the wider society.

Personal security emphasizes the importance of good health, security of self and immediate surroundings, and avoidance of danger.

People who score high on tradition are motivated by maintaining and preserving cultural, family and/or religious traditions.

Conformity-Rules reflects importance of proper behavior, compliance with expectations, self-discipline, obedience, and ability to meet obligations.

People who are high on interpersonal conformity value politeness, respect, and avoid upsetting or harming others.

People high on humility value recognizing their insignificance in the large scheme of things, stress modesty and acceptance of one's lot in life.

Benevolence-Dependability refers to trustworthiness and reliability when needed by close others.

People who are high on caring show devotion to the needs of their close ones, helpfulness, honesty, and forgiveness.
>>
Comment too long:

People high on universalism-concern are motivated by equality, justice, and protection for people as a whole and especially the weak in society.

Universalism-Nature refers to concern for preservation of the natural environment and striving for unity with nature.

People who score high on tolerance value acceptance and understanding of all people regardless of their beliefs and differences.

These are some short disambiguations. If you want to know what this all REALLY means, you can check out this paper: Schwartz et al. (2012). Refining the theory of basic individual values. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 103(4), 663-688.
>>
>>79338088
Your language is fucked up.
>>
>>79338625

because "aika" can mean either time or pretty/quite depending on the context
>>
File: timeout2.jpg (95KB, 710x960px) Image search: [Google]
timeout2.jpg
95KB, 710x960px
>>79338686
Well, it got my imagination running
>>
501 participants with 82% response rate. That is seriously amazing guys!
>>
saged btw
>>
bumped btw
>>
>>79339932
>>79340025
That's some dissociative identity disorder crap.
>>
Here, check this out, this figure is basically a summary of all correlations between different values (the closer they are to each other on the figure, the stronger is the correlation between them).
>>
This two-dimensional shit is sufficient to describe about 80% of the values data.

And here is what theory predicts (the direction in which the circle goes and its orientation is arbitrary, what matters is what is next to each other on the circle and what's on the opposing sides).

Pretty neat I say.
>>
this is all haram shame on you hans
>>
>>79332414
Fuck off.
>>
>>79342947
Science is not haram, science is very halal jose.
>>
>>79343077
WRONG
im calling the feminist gestapo right now
heh have fun
>>
>>79342871
>>79342920

>>39655792
That's Schwartz's theory of basic human values:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_Basic_Human_Values

Schwartz, 1992; Schwartz, 1994; and Schwartz et al., 2012 are the main references.

The top pic is a summary of all these unique responses from 4chan about highly abstract concepts, the most precious and important things in our lives, our guiding principles. Boiled down to a single 2-dimensional image that loses, amazingly, less than 20% of data!

And it's an almost perfect mirror image of the bottom picture, which is a theoretical prediction of a 80-year-old dude from Israel who came up with a theory about order in human values. It's pure theory.

Pretty amazing I think.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.