[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

British English: What's this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: fdcb309857.jpg (50KB, 960x528px) Image search: [Google]
fdcb309857.jpg
50KB, 960x528px
What's the typical BE term for pic related, please?
Thanks.
>>
what the fuck is that?
>>
It's the place at cinemas, theatres, etc. where coats and such of audience are kept until the show is over.
>>
cloakroom
>>
>>79321332
we don't have those in America
>>
>>79321381
I would say this but I've never heard of one at a cinema before.
>>
>>79321419

You do, apparently AE calls them coat checks. I am specifically looking for the BE-typical term.

>>79321381

Thanks finanon.
>>
>>79321419
but I used it at a hotel in SanFrancisco
>>
>>79321227
Coat rack?

Wtf is that even in.
>>
File: Garderobe_01.jpg (918KB, 2959x1508px) Image search: [Google]
Garderobe_01.jpg
918KB, 2959x1508px
>>79321543

more like this place
>>
Toilet stalls
>>
In Spanish is guardarropa
>>
>>79321616
Is that supposed to be a store. I haven't seen this in the US.
>>
>>79321332
It's a cloakroom
>>
>>79321819

It is a place, room, or part of a building where many people go in to see interesting stuff. When they come, they leave some of their clothes there, as well as some money, before they go to see the interesting stuff. When they leave the clothes and money, they get a thing, usually a bit of paper. When the people are done seeing the interesting stuff, they come back, hand in the bit of paper, and they get their clothes back. They don't get the money back, though.
This is so that the people do not have to carry all their warm outside clothes inside the building with the interesting stuff.

Written with the ten hundred words people use the most often.
>>
>>79322138
Oh, it's probably for old theatre.
>>
>>79322299
You don't have them at art galleries, department stores, museums, etc?
>>
I've only seen this at a theater.
>>
>>79322396
No.. people carry their stuff without issue.

Why would I leave my coat for a nigger to steal?
>>
File: 1479064876395.png (327KB, 495x498px) Image search: [Google]
1479064876395.png
327KB, 495x498px
>>79322482
I don't believe you. Every museum and gallery I've been to has had a coat check.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.