[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did humans come up with languages? How did they work out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: confused.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
How did humans come up with languages? How did they work out the grammar in the beginning?
>>
>>79283408
ooga
booga
>>
inb4 americans remember their beloved chomsky
>>
>>79283408
tower of babylon and the scattering of languages its all in the bible my friend
>>
File: average brazilian family.jpg (156KB, 1050x590px) Image search: [Google]
average brazilian family.jpg
156KB, 1050x590px
>>79283408
Go and ask your neighbors
>>
>>79283408
God works in mysterious ways :)
>>
>>79283547
This but unironically
>>
>>79283586
Those people arrived in the continent in 10000 BC if I recall correctly and even before that they already had a language. So I don't see the point.
>>
>>79283408
>>79283547
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Human_language
>>
File: 1501539280929.png (450KB, 1322x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1501539280929.png
450KB, 1322x1050px
>>79283547

>On that day when there is no snake, when there is no scorpion, when there is no hyena, when there is no lion, when there is neither dog nor wolf, when there is thus neither fear nor trembling, man has no rival! At such a time, may the lands of Šubur and Ḫamazi, the many-tongued, and Sumer, the great mountain of the me of magnificence, and Akkad, the land possessing all that is befitting, and the Martu land, resting in security -- the whole universe, the well-guarded people -- may they all address Enlil together in a single language! For at that time, for the ambitious lords, for the ambitious princes, for the ambitious kings, Enki, for the ambitious lords, for the ambitious princes, for the ambitious kings, for the ambitious lords, for the ambitious princes, for the ambitious kings -- Enki, the lord of abundance and of steadfast decisions, the wise and knowing lord of the Land, the expert of the gods, chosen for wisdom, the lord of Eridug, shall change the speech in their mouths, as many as he had placed there, and so the speech of mankind is truly one.

for the ambitious lords, for the ambitious princes, for the ambitious kings, Enki, for the ambitious lords, for the ambitious princes, for the ambitious kings, for the ambitious lords, for the ambitious princes, for the ambitious kings -- Enki... reminds me those papers i have to read and write at work :3
>>
>>79283408
"language" initially would have been just an interpersonal collection of cues between a small grouping of families. Eventually extending it fleshed out languages.
>>
>>79283408
Languages are weird when you think about it. Must be aliens.
>>
>>79283800
Is that from Gilgamesh? I read it a long time ago. I don't remember anything anymore though.
>>
>>79283586
>>79283645
yeah, unlike common (meme) belief those aren't "uncontacted people" but "isolationist". they know the "whiteman" is a bastard, they received message from neighboring tribes
>>
>>79284053
no, it's from enmerkar and the lord of aratta

a pretty amusing poem how one country tried to subdue another one with diplomatic means (also tells about invention of writing) but certainly not as good as gilgamesh

it's a fairly well known piece of it though because (especially in some translations) it is seen as an account on the scattering of the languages. in this translation it is rather a hope of them being united one day though
>>
>>79283408
What's so hard to imagine about it? Humans aren't even the only animals who can craft basic words.

Chimps are capable of applying basic meaning to certain sounds and physical actions that were not instinctual and learned from each other. Different groups of chimps will often have different ways of "speaking" to each other.

Introducing grammar and syntax to language just seems like a completely natural evolution of things as you continue to create more and more words.
>>
>>79284931
>Chimps are capable of applying basic meaning to certain sounds and physical actions that were not instinctual and learned from each other. Different groups of chimps will often have different ways of "speaking" to each other.
Are you talking about blacks?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.