[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

Which Language is the Most Developed Language?
>>
imma have to go wit ebonics. y'kno i'm sayin nigga?
>>
American English

>inb4 butt hurt commonwealth faggot, saying American English is to simple

Development is the process of making things simpler
>>
Italian.
>>
>>79161499
its to simple eh? :^)
>>
>>79161361
>developed
not such thing
>>
File: 1477722478400.png (126KB, 350x338px) Image search: [Google]
1477722478400.png
126KB, 350x338px
Languages can hold a "developed" status through two different approaches: curating and producing.

Languages like English and Japanese are good examples of "producing", they make so much cultural content using their language, it gets a life of its own, generating vocabulary, concepts, expressions, etc. English has the bonus of being widespread, which undermines its grammar but at the same time promotes its density.

On the other hand you have languages like Icelandic and French, where people are huge grammar nazis and being really strict with your writing is seen as sophisticated. Such languages may not have the same cultural impact (French used to), but the language has a lot of meta-analysis which provides a safe ecosystem for it to develop a strong, coherent form.

Portuguese drinks a bit from the whole grammar nazi thing from France, but in the last few decades we're just being overwhelmed by illiterate niggers turning our language into some stupid creole which serves for communication and nothing else.
>>
>>79161901
this
>>
File: Березовый-лес-2.jpg (183KB, 760x475px) Image search: [Google]
Березовый-лес-2.jpg
183KB, 760x475px
>>79162056
This.
How would you rate slavic and germanic languages from this point of view.
In Russia it is commnon thing that russian language is very good in expressing emotions and impressions in literature due to our huge amount of suffixes and prefixes and free structure and order of words in a sentence.
>>
>>79164438
Unfortunately I don't know much about Slavic languages and German, only that Russian still manages to be relevant by being sort of the local lingua franca.

When I say "curating", I refer to cultures that really push the "writing correctly" approach. French takes their Linguistic Academy seriously, and there are several laws demanding content spoken in French to fill national quotas of culture being circulated.
Iceland has a strict control on grammar and vocabulary, looking to make new words 100% in Icelandic. There are even some more radicalized (although not official) movements that seek to do away with ALL loanwords from English, returning the language to its roots. I guess that's sorta impossible, but preserving what is still Icelandic and creating new terms from there shouldn't be a problem.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.