[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oxford and Cambridge top world university rankings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1380056760263.jpg (305KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1380056760263.jpg
305KB, 800x450px
Oxford and Cambridge top world university ranking:

1: Oxford University
2: Cambridge University
3: California Institute of Technology
3: Stanford University
5: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
6: Harvard University
7: Princeton University
8: Imperial College London
9: University of Chicago
10: ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology

Why can't non-Anglos compete?
>>
>MIT
>CIT
>stanford
>ahead of Harvard

My fucking ass
>>
Lord, that's embarrassing. Are they even *trying*?
>>
Why can't dirty foreigners into universities?
>>
They will not answer. They are rightly ashamed at being foreign.
>>
>>79142709
>schools full of asians and jews

Habha
>>
>>79142709
>>79142757
>>79142760
Might be the best universities.
But they're mostly filled with halfwits.
Besides university rankings are bullshit
>>
>>79142709
>muh rankings
>all metrics and categories specifically designed according to anglosphere facilities
>naturally comes first

what did you expect ackhmed, finland is still light years ahead of you in education, so is china

your rankings don't mean shit
>>
File: 1501527954041.gif (66KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1501527954041.gif
66KB, 350x350px
LET ME IN YOU PRODDIE FUCKS
LET ME IN
>>
>>79144322
t. Russian diaspora poster
>>
>>79144337
Steady on Pajeet
>>
>>79144407
What?
>>
>(((Rankings)))
>>
File: Intellectual superiority.png (54KB, 688x649px) Image search: [Google]
Intellectual superiority.png
54KB, 688x649px
>>79144553
Only British rankings place Oxbridge that high (they're trying to convince themselves they still run the world)

Every other ranking body from China (pic related) to Mogadishu places American universities on top
>>
>>79144732
>University of Chicago
Literally who?
>>
>>79144468
ok ackhmed
>>
>taking the rankings meme seriously
You're either underage or autistic
>>
As fucking if pigfucking Oxford topped it ahead of god-tier Cambridge. Dumb list

t. Cantab
>>
>>79142709
according to fucking brit ranking, what a surprise
>>
>>79144790
Very good economics school
>>
>>79144732
why is harvard that superior? is it about fundings or what, do they only select 200iq people?
>>
>>79145118
Ah yes, and I'm sure the Literally Who School of Economics outclasses Oxford. Quaint.
>>
>>79145104
Well, american universities topped the list between 2011-2016, so that's hardly an excuse.

>>79144979
Matters to employers due to reputation, at least for undergrad, Quality of content has little to do with it.
>>
surprised Imperial isn't higher
>>
>>79144732
>2015
anyway these scores are based on research done and most places do it privately in America away from universities
>>
>>79145264
University elitism is a self-perpetuating farce. Sure there are very good universities, good universities and not so great ones but beyond that it's irrelevant.
It also depends what field you want to study in and under which professors.
I have a lot of friends that went to these places and none of them were very impressive. Half of them were legacy anyway.
>>
>>79142709
Do you think English being the lingua franca produces this effect?

I think I may be, as all papers from around the world have an English abstract, and if your research is good, you are often recommended to write the whole paper in English.

Or am I confusing cause and effect?
>>
>>79145819
Like I said, it has nothing to do with expert teaching or content that isn't taught at other universities. There's a reason that top uni graduates generally tend to find jobs easier than unknown unis. Nothing to do with how "impressive" or great a university is, like you said. But employers do pay attention to the name of the university. Sometimes graduating off a top uni means that you went through a lot of shit and a grueling program which guarantees to an employer that you work well under pressure. Pressure that you might not have been subjected to in a non-top uni.

So yeah, like you said, university elitism is a farce when you get down to it, but not to employers.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.