[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: The City of Angels.png (351KB, 718x783px) Image search: [Google]
The City of Angels.png
351KB, 718x783px
I've always been quite fascinated by the size of Los Angeles. How did the city grow in such a way so that places such as Santa Monica, Hawthorne or San Fernando are not part of the city? To me it looks logical for these cities to be part of LA seeing how they literally border with one another.
>>
>>79141806
>Santa Monica
Made me remember Masquerade.
>>
>>79141806
La is a bunch of cities, not just one.
Pasadena, Boyle Heights, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, ots all one big neighborhood made of 6 million little neighborhoods
>>
For me, it's Pasadena, Riverside and Chino
>>
>>79141965
I see, but why didn't Santa Monica or Beverly Hill get included in the neighbourhoods that make up LA?
>>
>>79142122
They are, silly.
>>
>>79141806
Those places were established at a time when there were still spaces between them. It's only over the last 70 years or that most of them have been absorbed. Many of them also have fairly distinct legal advantages over other thanks to corruption and the power of local laws in the states.

I mean shit; when my mother was growing up in San Diego just ~40 years ago there was a dairy farm five minutes away from her house and she used to own a horse that she kept stabled ten minutes away down by the river. Now the dairy is freeway and the stables are a gigantic shopping center.
>>
>>79142122
LA is more of a region than a city
>>
>>79141884
Seb LaCroix did NOTHING wrong.
>>
>>79142222
Check out the map. That's what I get when I search Los Angeles. The cities I've mentioned don't fall within the border.
>>
>>79142236
Oh right, I had no idea it grew like that. I thought the city was built quickly and sort of at once. So it's very different to New York which has 5 distinct boroughs.
>>
>>79142512
>I thought the city was built quickly and sort of at once.
It was, in a way. It was quite rural within living memory but starting during the great depression and continuing through and after WWII a number of sociological and economic conditions combined to provide a staggering influx of people and places like the LA metro area and the San Diego metro area gradually sort of blobbed together out of the dozens of smaller communities that were already there.

>So it's very different to New York which has 5 distinct boroughs.
New York has been intensively populated since before the foundation of the US and hasn't had anywhere to go but up - literally - since steel buildings became a thing and on top of that they are geographically isolated.
>>
LA was pretty much undeveloped until the early 20th century and from 1910s-1940s it was mostly rural and had lots of farms everywhere. The post war boom brought development and suburbs everywhere
>>
>>79141965
>>79142222
He's talking about city limits.
Checked.
>>
>>79143161
>>79143252
Great thread guys, cleared things up, thanks a lot xx
>>
>>79144228
Not so fast faggot

You gotta pay up now
>>
>>79144228
>trying to learn-and-dash without a tip

The absolute state of foreigners
>>
>>79141806
Here is an averae Los Angeles resident.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.