[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun laws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0505.jpg (78KB, 1292x307px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0505.jpg
78KB, 1292x307px
If you're reading this, fellow guatemalan anon, i'm the one who posted the "why don't you own a gun" thread yesterday
Laws here are pretty nebulous and i don't even know what is illegal and why, but as a rule of thumb, you won't be able to get a semi automatic rifle in anything above .22LR unless you have a sporting license. (Expensive)
You can get bolt action rifles up to .308 but not in 5.56x45mm or 7.62x39mm (military calibers).
Handguns aren't worth it until you're 25 and get a carry license.

To all other anons, how are gun laws in your country?
>>
File: IMG_0493.jpg (960KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0493.jpg
960KB, 2592x1936px
Pic related, my .308 Ruger brand Gunsite Scout rifle
>>
Varies greatly by state.

Here in my state all you need is a valid ID (drivers license) and to pass a background check (no felonies) and you can get pretty much anything.

All I have right now is a glock 19, but I might get Remington model 700 after I file my taxes this year.
>>
bolt action rifles and 2-shot shotguns = legal if you have a hunting license and a permit from the police, must be kept in a gun safe or you will receive a fine and have your weapons confiscated.

everything else is illegal.
>>
>>79074461
oh and if you don't pay a yearly fee to renew your hunting license, you are forced to sell your weapons or the police will take them.
>>
Contrary to the popular perception, and all of our boasting, American gun laws are actually pretty shitty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act
Requires a lengthy 6-8 month paperwork process (that is a license in everything but name) and the payment of a $200 tax to own:
- fully automatics
- guns disguised as other devices
- conventional handguns with a vertical fore grip*
- rifles with a barrel <16 inches and and/or an overall length <26 inches
- shotguns with a barrel <18 inches and and/or an overall length <26 inches
- suppressors/silencers/moderators/whatever you want to call them
- firearms with a bore over .5 of an inch that aren't considered to be "sporting" (completely arbitrary)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Control_Act_of_1968
This prohibited the importation of the items described above for commercial sale to anyone but law enforcement.
It set dimensional requirements that handguns had to meet to be imported. If they're too small, you can't bring them into the country.
A clause was added giving the government the ability to deny import of any "non-sporting" firearm. There is no objective definition of this term, it's entirely arbitrary.
It also changed the definition of machine gun to include full auto conversion devices. A conversion sear is treated the same as an actual complete machine gun.

1/2
>>
>>79075076
In 1986 production of new machine guns for the general public was completely banned. Existing ones can still be owned though.
In 1989 George H. W. Bush signed an executive order banning the importation of any firearm that exceeded a number of features (threaded muzzle, folding stock, etc.).
In 1994 congress passed the "Assault Weapons Ban" which essentially took Bush's import ban concept and applied it to domestic production as well.
It also banned >10 round magazines. Thankfully, the AWB lapsed in 2004, though the cunts in D.C. have been pushing for a new one ever since.

The only good things about American gun laws are that we can do private transfers of most guns and you can concealed carry in most areas. That's really it.
People think we're some sort of bastion of gun rights, but you can honestly argue that Switzerland and the Czech Republic have more freedom when it comes to firearms.

Basically, if you want a generic handgun or a generic AR you're pretty set. But if you want anything exotic you can either pay out the ass, or you're just plain shit out of luck.

*This has only ever gone to court once and the charge was thrown out. The ATF maintains that it's still illegal, but who the fuck knows.

2/2
>>
Gun laws in Northern Ireland are considered the most liberal in the world

You can own (technically) a battleship
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.