[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remove Kebab

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: chevapi.jpg (831KB, 1496x1948px) Image search: [Google]
chevapi.jpg
831KB, 1496x1948px
pic no1
>kebab
>is eaten like a sandwich
>vegetables and sauces stuffed inside
>meat is in thin slices, i have no idea how they make it
>it's a fast food
>it's tastes ok

pic no2
>ćevapi
>is eaten with a knife and fork
>vegetables and sauces on the side
>made from minced meat, shaped into the chevapi shape an then barbecued (like hamburgers)
>it's normal food
>it's the best food in the world

>american comes to croatia
>you offer him some chevapi
>ummmmm... is that kabob-meat?

what the fuck man?
why would you say something like that :(((
>>
are these onions? a bit too much?
>>
File: IMG_20170818_201325_140.jpg (96KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_201325_140.jpg
96KB, 540x540px
>>79064483
Mfw turks stole koobedeh from us and rebranded it as döner kebab
>>
TURKED
>>
>>79065353
they are delicios with this, believe me. quality balkan onion, more sweet then sour , full of juice

the sauces are ajvar and kajmak

the bread is somun or lepinja and it tastes nothing like regular bread

it's also good with some fries on the side
>>
>>79064483
And hopefully you explained him how the things really are and now he knows the difference. Thread closed.
>>
balkan food is the most underrated food, it beats french, italian, spanish, etc.
>>
>>79065437
i just googled that and its more similar to ćevapi than to doner kebab
>>
File: adana_kebap_S6FegGz.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
adana_kebap_S6FegGz.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>79064483
Isn't that not so different from kebab you find on proper high end turkish restaurant?
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (12KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
12KB, 320x180px
>>79065543

you are just jealous because you are not a dark 2 metre tall balkanian with tasty middle eastern food influences
>>
>>79065987
>eastern food influences

-Pierogi! :D

You are very right though. I am jealous. Balkan cuisine is delicious.
>>
>>79066110
and golabki too, that food spreads from turkey and greece

pierogi and pelmeni might be a copy of italian tortellini or maybe your north slavic invention
>>
>>79065683
>proper high end turkish restaurant

In turkey you can find It anywhere really.
>>
>>79066406
Fast food Turkish here only serve doner kebab like in OP pic
>>
>>79066301
Pierogi came here most likely from China. The Mongols brought them to Kiev, from Kiev to Poland, and from Poland further West, even to France.
>>
>>79064483
first pic is not kebab, its döner sandwich
>>
>>79066902
tell that to the around one hundred kebab shops in zagreb, they all sell this and call it kebab
>>
>>79066991
hmm interdasting, in turkey kebab is served in plate with lots of side dishes like rice, onions etc. etc. sort of like >>79065683
>>
>>79066793
i just realized pierogi are not the same as pelmeni

pelmeni are really the same thing as tortellini

pierogi are more similar to croatian knedle, but different

wikipedia says that it maght have also come throgh italy, they got pasta, pizza and all similar foods from the asians, and poland had a very tight connection with italy, you have a special name for italy and some loan words, for example your word for onion
>>
>>79067144
when i came to greece the guide told us that in greek restaurants, if there is a place to sit, they'll give us a giros on a plate, and if there isn't, a gyros pita which is more like the doner kebab.

they also told us that every greek restaurant owner keeps a special shotgun in his restaurant in case somebody orders kebab or turkish coffee instead of greek coffee and gyros

both of the myths weren't true, they just give you the sandwich gyros if you don't ask for the plate. also some places sell kebab alongside gyros because they are actually pretty different foods.

nobody dared to order turkish coffee though
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.