[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw to intelligent to have a properly functioning country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1504441022588.png (28KB, 1357x800px) Image search: [Google]
1504441022588.png
28KB, 1357x800px
>tfw to intelligent to have a properly functioning country
>>
iktf
>>
memes aside, its hard to imagine a country filled with intelligent people could work.
the more intelligent the more supicious, individualistic and greedy people get.
the need for social knit would also severely loosen, making it harder to form an union
>>
File: 1504400801962.jpg (907KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1504400801962.jpg
907KB, 1600x1600px
>>79050970

Not anymore. How many boat niggers are you getting this year?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pentagon%27s_New_Map
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_P._M._Barnett
>>
File: jotain korrelaatioita.png (18KB, 964x157px) Image search: [Google]
jotain korrelaatioita.png
18KB, 964x157px
>>79051074
actually no
>>
>>79052099
correlation doesn't explain the mechanism, and can be rebutted with correlation between intelligence and anti social behavior. better give me the explanation how the hypothesis itself was formed
>>
>>79051074
Education will care this
>>
>>79052449
>correlation between intelligence and anti social behavior

highly doubt that. besides, correlation strong enough still tells us something

>>79051104
Maybe /pol/ should use real quotes sometimes, just to bulk up their case with an inch or two
>>
>>79052099
>All the people that love the idea of IQ being used as the one universal metric found out good things about it

>Everyone else finds flaws

Not suspicious at all
>>
>>79052552
you have some study that shows intelligent people behaving more inimically on the average than duller people?
>>
>>79052537
from mussen's book, it tells us nothing but tendency of intelligent people understand how rule and law works.
>>79052496
depends, if the education is purely aimed for gathering and developing knowledge i highly doubt it'll help. counties with higher degree of education tends to be less nationalistic
>>
>>79052736
prerequisite for moral behavior is knowing what moral behavior is
>>
>>79052791
therefore failed to support the idea of "intelligence=>moral", the already constructed condition have too much influence on the result.
>>
>>79053012
The fact is the higher IQs you reach, the less of that group is to be found behind bars or doing activities usually deemed immoral.
>>
>>79053336
prison is a system to punish people who are doing something that is deemed to broke the law.
killing is immoral both here and in the US, heck, its deemed immoral anywhere. but would a state punish an appointed executioner? no
>>
>>79053465
I don't it's useful to elide a distinction between a murderer and an appointed executioner if the instances we're regarding take place in the Western countries; most folks in jail, the majority would think, are there for legitimate reasons
>>
>>79053766
>>79053766
what i mean is, what if there's no established moral?
for simpler analysis, use this puzzle as an analogy, what would be the outcome if there's no such thing as pirates world's rule?
>>
>>79054243
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_game
>>
>>79050970
basically just proves that education standards is what's linked to IQ, look at South Africa, Namibia and Zimbabwe compared to Mozambique, Zambia etc
>>
>>79054243
Established is whatever has availed the survival of a certain group. Here in the West, it has largely been a universal approach to morality. Of course, there are exceptions: Jews, for example, have developed more ingroup-oriented survival mechanisms, but yet are equipped with husky intellectual provisions
>>
>>79054636
then the correlation provided is irrelevant to the hypothetical intelligent country because it influenced by condition which doesn't satisfy the premise.
your sources are based on empiric condition where member of society isn't required to be intelligent
>>
>>79054846
Mate, I'm not trying to have this discussion on a philosophical level, but on a practical. It's really not that complicated when you examine all this from the point of view of normal, well-adjusted people
>>
>>79055088
well why did you even bother replied to me then?
should be obvious when someone says "imagine" it would take into hypothetical level
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.