[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why all Japanese cities look alike?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: adaad.jpg (69KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
adaad.jpg
69KB, 640x640px
Why all Japanese cities look alike?
>>
Like anime irl.
>>
It's funny how the ambient noise of japon actually matches that of the animays. The chirping of the insects and the beeping of the railway crossings are comfy as fuck.
>>
File: 1503716173448.jpg (1MB, 2560x1706px) Image search: [Google]
1503716173448.jpg
1MB, 2560x1706px
>>79043537
no
>>
>>79043709
hokkaido is russian
>>
File: Kagoshima-Pref-2.jpg (1011KB, 2714x1811px) Image search: [Google]
Kagoshima-Pref-2.jpg
1011KB, 2714x1811px
I think this Japanese city looks different.
>>79043624
Which Japanese city is that?
>>
>>79043537
maybe because Japs couldn't afford to mind city views after the ww2
also, we didn't have a widespread useful architectural culture like europe at that time
>>
I'm guessing earthquakes having a profound effect not only on losing historic architecture but also on the style of present architecture.
>>
File: Kakunodate-Akita-Prefecture.jpg (746KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Kakunodate-Akita-Prefecture.jpg
746KB, 2048x1536px
It's sad most of historically important cities (except Kyoto) were bombed by America when WWII. I don't blame America, but this is one of the main reasons our cities have less historical buildings there.

There are some historical cities didn't get bombed though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_DzhLMHSvY
>>
>>79043537
They don't
>>
>>79043753
Kagoshima is beautiful. Kyushu in general has some of the best hospitality in the world. Then again, that could be said for anywhere in Japan not named Tokyo and even Tokyoites have been friendlier to me than those in smaller Chinese areas.
>>
>>79043537
Does she love Japan?
>>
File: bombed cities japan.jpg (83KB, 800x560px) Image search: [Google]
bombed cities japan.jpg
83KB, 800x560px
>>79043537
All the major cities were bombed in the war, and they were rebuilt in a relatively short period.
There were only a few construction companies which were capable enough to build cities back then, and they applied same techniques and designs to all the cities.
Blame America for the lack of variety, and you need to visit rural areas if you want to see traditional Japan.
>>
>>79044554
>goes to war with another country
>hurr it's their fault they bombed us

two really weren't enough
>>
File: Panorama_of_Edo.jpg (1MB, 2976x450px) Image search: [Google]
Panorama_of_Edo.jpg
1MB, 2976x450px
Edo before being broken by USA
>>
>>79043537
Due to the extremely rapid reconstruction phase of war damaged cities, maybe
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.