[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Native English speakers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: grammar.jpg (31KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
grammar.jpg
31KB, 300x200px
>he doesn't know the difference between there, their and they're
>he doesn't know the difference between your and you're
>he doesn't know the difference between its and it's
>he doesn't know the difference between were and we're
>he doesn't know the difference between who, whom, whose and who's
>he doesn't know the difference between then and than
>he doesn't know the difference between to and too
>he doesn't know the difference between lose and loose
>he doesn't know the difference between effect and affect
>he doesn't know the difference between simple past and past perfect
>he doesn't know the difference between adjectives and adverbs
>he doesn't know the difference between genitive and plural
>he doesn't know how to spell common words
>he doesn't know where to set commas or any other punctuation rules
>he unironically says "should of"
>>
File: 1452761321209.jpg (63KB, 499x733px) Image search: [Google]
1452761321209.jpg
63KB, 499x733px
>>
>>79012750
>Should of
That's just how it's pronounced in everyday speech. I know you have words and phrases that break down in casual conversation. People who believe that's what's being said are fucking dummies, but that's why they do it.

>Simple past
Germans don't even know how to use the simple past. You use the present perfect instead, so you're just like us but with the opposite tense.
>>
You forgot
>he doesn't know the difference between wont and won't
"wont" is an actual word, which is why spellcheck never marks it wrong.
>>
>>79014285
>Simple past
We use simple past in texts and past perfect while speaking...

We don't mix this up though, like Murricans do
>I should have went to
>>
>>79012750
i know all of those because ive gone to school
>>
File: 1415160725020.jpg (378KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1415160725020.jpg
378KB, 3000x2000px
>>79014876
>>
>>79014462
>wont
It's an archaic word, so I don't think this one counts... Still stupid if people don't know what apostrophes are used for
>>
>>79013588
>how can u get mono
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>79012750
Go to Ireland, you will be shocked at how fucked up their 'native' English is. Arabs speak better English.
>>
>>79018421
it's called a dialect you nigger
>>
>>79019429
Dialects are cancer... Speaking a dialect in Germany is considered trashy, stupid, unsexy and utterly uneducated. If you're unable to speak clear and comprehensible high German, you're a xenophobic retard, who can't see beyond his own horizon.
The same applies to English dialects. How do you think does it sound for foreigners in a globalized world with English being the lingua franca? It's just disgusting... If you can't speak properly, then at least try to spell correctly. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>79013588
This is scarily accurate.
>>
>>79019659
Speaking German at all is xenophobic you fucking bigot.
>>
>>79012750
>he doesn't know the difference between lose and loose

I really don't understand this, it seems to be a recent thing.
>>
>>79020017
It's really not hard to understand
>people can't spell for shit
>"loose" is more phonetic than "lose"
>>
>German speak an angry sounding, spitty, hoarse language that sounds like someone screaming profanities while gargling mouthwash
You can't make this up.
>>
>>79019429
It's called being ignorant gypsies corrupting the language. There's no fucking plural version of 'you'.

Either learn to speak English properly or speak your own language lazy fags.
>>
>>79020328
How about learning a second language first, before making those retarded claims?
>>
>>79020442
>How about learning a second language first
Not necessary. As an Anglo in the 21st century, learning another language is nothing more than a novelty.
>>
>>79020442
But it does. If psychotic serial killers, sadists, maniacs and genocidal mass murderers came together to create a language, the end result would be the schizophrenic mess that is German.
>>
>>79020552
Monolingual Murricans are worse off than bilinguals and are mostly pursuing blue collor carreers... I guess you're a redneck, right?
>>
I have been learning English,but I feel very difficult to learn English Grammar.
I have to learn it more!
I wanna be cry....T_T;
>>
>>79020363
A plural version of you is objectively an improvement to the language.
>>
>>79018188
"How can you get mononucleosis?" is what the search is querying.
>>
>>79020363
>There's no fucking plural version of 'you'.
Y'all
>>
>>79020926
?
Did you just try to google a word I was using?
>>
>>79020363
>>79020868
>>79020969
"You" is already the plural form...
"Thou" is 2. person singular, but is not being used anymore.
Nice "language"
>>
>>79020363
We should just do what other countries do and pretend our dialect is a different language
>it's not retarded Norwegian, it's "Swedish"
>>
>>79021129
That's what you get for being uneducated and not spelling and pronouncing words correctly. Dialects that lead into having multiple languages of the same origin... And no, this is not a natural progression, this is caused by being uneducated.
>>
>>79021129
Retard
>>
>>79021221
>tfw no standard Indo-European
>just retarded languages like German and English
>>
>>79021282
Don't be so offended.
>>
>>79020998
I took your post of
>what did he mean by this?
as an honest question, and answered that "how can you get mono" is asking how one gets mononucleosis. No googling was necessary on my part.

If you were just memeing, then pardon my autism.
>>
>>79021349
No, I had mistaken your answer and thought you had replied to a different post of mine... My fault :(
>>
When people say "should of" they're really saying "should've"
both are pronounced \əv\ on the end
>>
>>79021678
No shit, sherlock...
>>
>>79022323
well it was you that said it as incorrect
>>
>>79022460
If you think that it's okay to use "should of", then you're a sad retard
>>
>>79021068
They always write shit like: "What about ye?", "Two of yous." They use the fact that 4% of the population claim they can only speak Irish (to milk subsidies from EU) as an excuse not to learn English. Don't tell me 'yous' is correct.
>>
>>79022642
i think you are stupid or at least pedantic
>>
>>79022713
>Don't tell me 'yous' is correct.
Why should I? It's stupid
>>
>>79022713
Excuse me but it's perfectly accurate Hibernian. Don't blame us because you are too poorly educated to speak it.
>>
>>79020643
Words can hurt you know
>>
>>79021678
Saying "should've" so that it sounds like "should of" is completely different from actually typing out "should of" like an uneducated retard.
>>
>>79012750
einzigste
>>
>>79022795
Anything other then Received Pronunciation and General American is some savage version of English.

In Singapore for example they gave their own 'Singlish' but the public is encouraged NOT to speak it and use PR instead.
>>
>>79012750
I don't care where the commas are as long as the sentence makes sense and gets the point across clearly. Sorry I'm not a linguistics nerd
>>he doesn't know the difference between adjectives and adverbs
>>he doesn't know the difference between genitive and plural
Who gives a shit aside from autistic yuropoors?
>>
>>79024110
>Anything other then Received Pronunciation and General American is some savage version of English.
>then
uh oh pally pal
>>
>>79021221
greenlandic included in indo-european?

I really like this map though
>>
>>79024110
American English is a bastardised version of English to begin with, champ.
>>
>>79024110
You do realize that the dominance of those dialects is entirely arbitrary, and only occurred as the result of historical trends and social/political dominance of a certain group rather than because they're somehow linguistically superior?

I have no doubt parallel universe where history went differently, you're probably being just as much of an autist by correcting people for using the dialectical "isn"t" in place of the correct and proper "ain't"
>>
>>79024290
down with this sort of thing

>>79024900
No dialect is "superior". Every country has an official version of the language spoken on TV and this is what is encouraged in school. People need to communicate. There are strictly a practical reason for it. Think of having to command an army comprised of soldiers from provinces who can't understand orders.
>>
>>79020363
>being irish
>caring about english
wew lad
>>
>>79025322
All Irish understand Irish-English so what's with the sperging about that dialect?
>>
>>79024346
>bastardised
*bastardized
>>
File: 1484619638665.jpg (12KB, 150x133px) Image search: [Google]
1484619638665.jpg
12KB, 150x133px
>tfw i still can't pronounce words that end in ed properly
>>
>>79029505
pronounced = pronaunzd?
killed = kiil'd
creo que es asi, yo tambien tengo la duda
how to pronounce "edited" compared to "edit" ?
>>
File: qDUnC1T_d.jpg (46KB, 640x662px) Image search: [Google]
qDUnC1T_d.jpg
46KB, 640x662px
>>79029505
>excellent pronunciation just a bit of a mallorquín accent
>any word ending in -sts fucks my shit up
>>
>>79029505
wat
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.