[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the Japanese are wise and intellige-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: ci136wa17380_1.jpg (84KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
ci136wa17380_1.jpg
84KB, 1000x1250px
>the Japanese are wise and intellige-
>>
No one says that
>>
>he doesn't want the next of 2 o'clock isn't 1 o'clock again
i was thinking german are japanese friend
>>
>>79005306
I was refering to the roman 4, dumb gook
>>
>>79005346
>muh i'm holy roman empire I defend roman reputation even with my life btw i was eating literal weed in roman time
such is a germmany's life
>>
>>79005346
Meanwhile in Germany.
>>
>>79005346
almost all clocks with roman numerals use IIII
>>
>tfw wear a Nomos every day

thank you based Germany
>>
>>79005184
obviously for aesthetics
>>
>>79005718
>nomos
>calls modded ETA move-meme-nt their own original
>based
>>
>until arabs invented numbers, romans used alphabet for counting
>the father of european """"""civilization""""""""
>>
>>79005346
>Once upon a time, when Roman numerals were used by the actual Roman Empire, the name of the Romans' supreme deity, Jupiter, was spelled as IVPPITER in Latin. Hesitant to put part of the god's name on a sundial or in accounting books, IIII became the preferred representation of four. Of course, IVPPITER wasn't being worshipped much by the time clocks and watches replaced sundials, but clockmakers may have stuck with IIII just for the sake of tradition.

I googled that for you.
>>
Thank you for Seiko based Japan.

I own several of your watches.
>>
>>79005346
It's pretty common for IV to be written as IIII on clocks and has been for a long time. The clock at my uni and the clock at my city hall both use it.

>>79006567
I think this is a folk legend and doubt that it's true
>>
>>79005988
shhhh, it's a similar movement....I'll grant you that. No need for change for a simple automatic movement tbqh
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.