[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chinese, Arabic or Japanese?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 51-Untruths-From-Television.jpg (133KB, 391x254px) Image search: [Google]
51-Untruths-From-Television.jpg
133KB, 391x254px
Which of these languages is harder to learn on my own? Which requires the help of a teacher the most?
>>
Arabic is the easier because it actually has a proper alphabet.
>>
>>78999438
You won't be able to learn Chinese for yourself.
Japanese is like baby compared to Chinese.
>>
>>78999571
Oddly enough, when I googled for "Chinese vs Japanese difficulty" most answers claimed that Japanese is harder. I guess they were talking about its grammar, but I actually find the fact that Japanese partly uses a phonetic alphabet (kind of) easier.
>>
>>78999438
I think Japanese is difficult for foreigners.
There are many rules not in grammar, there are many vague parts rooted in culture.
>>
File: tyronelaughsfor20years.jpg (28KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tyronelaughsfor20years.jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
>>78999519
>>
>>78999438
I imagine Arabic or Chinese would be a little harder than Japanese simply because there are so many resources online for getting exposure to and practice for Japanese.

From tv shows, cartoons, comics, games, books, and everything in between, you can find tons of paid or free Japanese media to pour over. You can certainly find media for Arabic and Chinese, but I don't see either language having the same cultural and media output that Japan has backing it. The exposure aspect really helps you learn and retain the material.
>>
>>78999438
Japanase is easy
Ochinchin, watashi wa, moshi moshi, ara ara, konichiwa.
>>
Unless you have some weird motive Japanese is the only worthwhile language
>>
>>78999438
chinese
>>
>>79000142
文章は激ムズだけど喋るだけなら簡単だろ。日本語は聞き手に依存するんだし
>>
>>79001759
shit up
don't speak Japnese
>>
>>79001796
沸点低すぎて草
>>
Chinese sentence structure is like a dumbed down version of English 2bh It's a lot more easier than Japanese
>>
>>79001759
Whenever I see the Japanese alphabet and the Japanese flag I think of a ship in the sea, maybe the Japanese Navy during WW2 or some evil Japanese sailors killing whales.

Japan is a sea country.
>>
>>78999438

I can tell you about Arabic since I studied it for 5 years as an English speaker. Arabic has easy verbs but a barely comprehensible noun system. There's a triconsonant root word with up to ten different patterns. Each of these patterns roughly corresponds with a certain "tinge" of meaning, but the system is not consistent. The subtleties of meaning and the similarity of the words themselves makes it a bitch of a language. There are a lot of Arabic words that were loaned into Spanish, so you'll have a small pool of cognates to work with, but as with Chinese and Japanese, you're not going to get a lot of help from your Spanish. Arabic has its own pronunciation problems too, but not as bad as the tones of Chinese. There is a letter called Dad that as an English speaker, I have never really gotten quite right. It also has a pharyngeal consonant called 'ayn that you'll perceive as a vowel at first, and which takes some practice. Like the first letter of Iraq is an 'ayn, so Iraq doesn't really start with a vowel sound. Good luck on whatever you choose.
>>
Arabic has the fewest open academic resources, so probably that one. It's also got a pretty difficult grammar if your background is most European languages. Japanese also has a pretty complex grammar to it but there's plenty of resources. Chinese grammar is almost completely analytical which in my opinion makes it a lot easier to learn as long as a few things are explained (there's some good resources nowadays for this), the only trouble you might have is phonetics, especially with nobody to check if you're pronouncing it right. Overall, though, Arabic will probably be the hardest to learn on your own.
>>
>>79001838
wwww
>>
>>78999438
>>
>>79001833
>a lot more easier

Can Brits even speak their own language?
>>
Japanese and Chinese aren't that difficult as they seem once you memorized the most frequently used set of characters and get used to the rules and tricks of how most kanjis consist of several essential key parts.

Arabic on the other hand, looks like a total chaotic mess.
>>
>>79003556
There was another institute/agency that actually said that out of the Category III Languages, Korean was actually harder than the other Category III languages
>>
>>78999438
Arabic because it's absolutely impossible to know where to start on your own. Alphabets are just squiggle.
>>
>>79001759
I am talking about the same thing you said.
Relative language. So Japanese is difficult.
>>
>>78999438
Arabic is the easiest. The handwriting is tricky but the language itself is close to indo-european ones. It has an alphabet, words consisting of letters from the alphabet and sentences made from words. As opposed to those asian insectoid """languages""" where everything goes contrary to what we were learning since the day we were born.
>>
>>79006399
You seem to be human but are there any useful things you made?
I know only Russian opening the crotch girls for money.
>>
>>79003556
>>79004413
Japanese grammar is closer to English than Chinese/Korean
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.