[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone listen to BBC World News Service? Listening to it now,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: BBC-World-Service.png (34KB, 792x599px) Image search: [Google]
BBC-World-Service.png
34KB, 792x599px
Anyone listen to BBC World News Service?

Listening to it now, it seems oddly unbiased. The guy acts like an actual reporter should and doesn't make value judgements, and they present both sides.

It's eerie, sort of like being in a parallel reality where news is impartial instead of manipulative and agenda-driven
>>
>>78974656
t. BBC World News Service
>>
>>78975043

I am totally shilling for them

In the space of twenty minutes, they've had interviews with four high-ranking officials involved in the Kenyan election process, and have somehow made it sound interesting

And the guy is just really good at interviewing
>>
>>78974656
All part of our great soft power. No other country bothers to do shit like this, because they're thick as shit.
>>
>>78975172
Just messing, I listen to a bit of the light ents from time to time myself
>>
>>78975659
dis dey even mek de pigin service fi eryone
>>
Yeah I've probably been listening to them for the last five years or so, lots of interesting programs acctually. And lots of more "local" stories that I'd never come across otherwise. They've broadcast some really cool documentaries as well.
>>
They should start funding it or part of it at least from the foreign aid budget instead of the television licence.
>>
>>78974656
Yeah, a fair bit when I had a car. The ABC would always play imterviews and other things from BBC world radio. Pretty interesting mix of content from around the world. The lack of sheer sensationalism made for more enjoyable listening, even if I didn't agree with what was being said by the specific person being interviewed or the way a subject was covered.

The BBC can get away with it because they don't need that sort of mainstream commercial appeal like other talkback radio.
>>
>>78975843
SWEDEN YES
What does it look like per capita? Sweden is by far the highest of those.
>>
>>78975843
The foreign aid budget is almost entirely kickbacks for the british private sector anyway
>>
>>78976038
Should build one or two proper hospital ships, those are a great visible sign and are actually useful.
>>
>>78975843
Pretty sure the world service is funded separately from the licence fee, I think they get money from the BBC selling stuff to foreign countries
>>
>>78976339
It's funded by a mixture of all of those if I'm not mistaken, including the licence fee.
>>
>>78975843
Step up Norway, you cheap cunts
>>
>>78975843
Are the Swiss the ultimate Jews?
>>
>>78976013
>>78976562
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aid#Top_donor_countries
>>
>>78976681

Given that they vote on everything in their direct democracy, maybe they all vote to not throw money down a toilet like other countries do

If Australia were a direct democracy I wouldn't give shit to any African countries
>>
>>78976933
Back to >>>/pol/, you stupid teenager. You aren't even contributing to tax revenue.
>>
>>78976994

You are weirdly emotionally invested in giving money to Africa
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.