[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CAREER/UNI HELP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 18042_m.jpg (22KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
18042_m.jpg
22KB, 400x600px
I plan on going to uni next year
I want to become a deep sea scientist
I want to study deep sea creatures
I need to able to create an apparatus to study deep sea creatures with
What should I study at uni?
>>
>>78971799
Major in marine zoology with a minor in engineering. Bonne chance M. Cousteau
>>
>>78971875
They don't have engineering at the university I'm going to
They don't have a marine zoology major at the uni, however they have a zoology major, an oceanography major, and a marine science minor
>>
>>78972235
Zoology and marine science then.
>>
File: art-mco-cthulhu[2].jpg (92KB, 960x485px) Image search: [Google]
art-mco-cthulhu[2].jpg
92KB, 960x485px
>>78971799
>>
>>78972369
Should I learn math or something as well, since deep sea science requires knowledge of how to create tech to send down deep to study deep sea creatures
>>
>>78972498
You will have mathematics prerequisites I'm sure. As for specific technology, you will learn that in labs and during field work. Any STEM degree will come with some mathematics, but using something like rovers or deep sea core sampling drills, will be covered in practicum.
>>
>>78972650
The problem is that NZ doesn't have deep sea tech really
I would be starting from scratch
>>
>>78972811
Go to straya unis? Or is that off the table now? America is the leader in this field. Consider applying for scholarships in the US.
>>
>>78971799
Also consider this: I was offered 2 scholarships after finishing school. One to di biological science locally, the other an all expense paid study to UK by Bank Negara to do Economics. Being the snobbish STEM elite that I was 20 years ago, I chose to do bio. Nowadays I'm doing fine as a lecturer but I always wondered if I would have become a big shot banker today driving Audis and flying around the world. My point is, what you're interested in might not be the best career choice 20 years down the road. Choose carefully.
>>
>>78972811
If you're teally set on it and leaving currently isn't an option just do your undergrad in marine science then attend graduate school in a country that has the resources you need
>>
>>78972885
If I went to America, I would probably go as a postgraduate, not an undergraduate
I would have to be guaranteed work after finishing postgraduate though, since in NZ the already expensive costs for going to uni are increased much more if you move overseas
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.