[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

your country do you believe in a magical sky fairy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault(5).jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(5).jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
your country
do you believe in a magical sky fairy?
>>
yeah
>>
no because my iq is above 60
>>
>>78963789
Amrika
Of course i do
>>
Nah
>>
>>78963843
>>
Nah, at the end is all "muh mitology is the real shit because I feel it"
>>
>>78963894
source?
>>
>>78963894
>triggered fundie doesn't understand that a smaller sample size means a more fucked up graph
>>
>>78963894
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608000238

>Evidence is reviewed pointing to a negative relationship between intelligence and religious belief in the United States and Europe. It is shown that intelligence measured as psychometricgis negatively related to religious belief. We also examine whether this negative relationship between intelligence and religious belief is present between nations. We find that in a sample of 137 countries the correlation between national IQ and disbelief in God is 0.60.

>ResearcherHelmuth NyborgandRichard Lynn,emeritusprofessor ofpsychologyat theUniversity of Ulster, compared belief in God and IQs.[5]Using data from a U.S. study of 6,825 adolescents, the authors found that the average IQ of atheists was 6 points higher than the average IQ of non-atheists.
>>
>>78963934
alright, but that's quite literally not an argument against it
A belief can be useful even if it is not necessarily true. For example, I think I'm G*d's gift to women when I'm at a nightclub because it puts me in a state of mind that makes it easier snag a slag by the end of the night. I'd end up going home empty handed if I actually acknowledged my receding hairline and generic face.
Similarly, religious belief can improve one's mood and help power through tough times. "There are no atheists in foxholes" and all that rot.
>>
>>78963789
the possibility of a god, is possible, agnostic.

the possibility of a god like described in the major religions? no.
>>
>>78964030
Sure placebos work sometimes, but some poeple actually prefers the not so nice truth to understand, accept or change things.
>>
File: ragepepe.gif (289KB, 447x415px) Image search: [Google]
ragepepe.gif
289KB, 447x415px
>>78963789
STOP MAKING NON-INT RELATED THREADS AND ADDING "YOUR COUNTRY" BEFORE THEM.

THEY'RE STILL NOT APPROPRIATE FOR INT.
>>
It should probably be noted that almost every single major figure in the atheist movement is Jewish. You could make a compelling argument that atheism is specifically being pushed by Jews in today's society, and they seem to largely be targeting western Christians and only them.

For example, Sam Harris, Chapman Cohen, David Silverman, Michael Newdow, Gregory Epstein, Sherman Wine, Bill Maher, Eric Kaufmann, and of course, Richard Dawkins's mother has a Jewish surname and was stated to have lived in the only Jewish suburb of the city she grew up in. But he hasn't explicitly named her religion.

But that's only a tiny part of the list. We could discuss the Jewish atheists who aren't pushing atheism so much as atheism-enabling political views like Marxism. For example Soklonikov, Trotsky, Deutscher, Lenin, Uritsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev and Sverdlov.

And what about atheist Jewish public entertainers that constantly run down Christianity? We can go ahead and recycle Bill Maher here and also include Jon Leibowitz, Stephen Fry, Woody Allen, Rob Reiner, Daniel Radcliffe, Larry David, David Silverman, and... I'm sure I'm close to the post cap, so rather than just name the rest of Hollywood, you get the point.

PURE COINCIDENCE though.
>>
>>78964555
>>>/pol/
>>
File: atheists.jpg (107KB, 608x755px) Image search: [Google]
atheists.jpg
107KB, 608x755px
>>78964579
Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world’s population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It’s still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center’s statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world’s most “atheist” nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world’s most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn’t stop religion.
>>
>>78964555
>>78964641
Oh, it's YOU again. >:(
>>
>>78963789
I do believe in Tengri. I won't cuck myself into believing some kike devil like YHWH or Allah tho
>>
>>78963789
Nope.
>>
File: fairy.jpg (25KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
fairy.jpg
25KB, 320x480px
>>78963789
What are we talking about exactly? I believe genetic engineering will make pictured true
>>
>>78963789
Personally only worship Daedric princes (good ones).
>>
>>78964896
Daedric princes are beyong morality
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.