[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel bad for Vietnam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: VietNam.jpg (64KB, 384x584px) Image search: [Google]
VietNam.jpg
64KB, 384x584px
They lost like 5 million people to America's bullshit but they can't even be mad about it because they need US help to ward off China.

Same with Japan. I can't imagine Americans taking two nukes in the face and then allying up with whoever dropped them. Not in a million years.
>>
But /int/ told me Vietnam completely destroyed America, why would they need our help?
>>
>>78958826
You know nothing.

They took two airplanes from the Saudis yet they still deem the Saudis an important ally.
>>
>>78959121
So? Those were private citizens you utter idiot, not the Saudi government.
>>
>>78958826
>I can't imagine Americans taking two nukes in the face and then allying up with whoever dropped them.

We allied with The UK despite going to war with them twice.
>>
Reminder that Vietnam funded a communist insurgency in Thailand in the 70s
>>
>>78958826
different ideologies do exist in the same country, which is always the cause of conflict, i think you'd know this considering you have a coup every year.
>>
>>78959149
>It's suspected that some Saudi royals are involved in 9/11 plane crashes
>>
>>78962015
So there's a conspiracy theory surrounding the conspiracy theory that surround 9/11

God you people are desperate
>>
>>78961991
reminder that usa funded numerous authoritatian regimes around the world
>>
>>78962046
reminder most of those were the best thing to happen to Latin America as the populace proves time and time again they fuck themselves over better than anyone else.
>>
>>78962106
>source: my ass
and what are you going to tell me about asian dictatorships?
>>
>>78961970
You betrayed them though. You were the aggressors in those wars.
>>
>>78958826
S.Vietnamese and the average farmer weren't gung-ho gommies, which is why the tet-offensive was a massive failure and decimated the VC. The supposed S.Vietnamese peasant uprising never happened because the regular S.Vietnamese didn't see the North as a better option worth dying for.
>>
>>78962164
>source: my ass
Yeah Brazil and Argentina are doing great after theirs. Venezuela is also booming .
>>
>>78962167
>You betrayed them though. You were the aggressors in those wars.
So Vietnam was the aggressor when they revolted against French rule? Kidnapping our sailor to fight France was OK for the Brits? The fact we were as unprepared for 1812 as them must have also been part of our devious plan (and no, I don't think we are blameless, we just weren't aggressors unless you want to say almost every country on earth was an aggressor in most of their wars).
>>
>>78962291
You were British citizens who were duped by colonial businessmen into fighting for a system where you would end up getting taxed even more than under the British government, who were not enforcing any of the taxes save the tea tax, which again would become more robust under American self-rule.
>>
>>78958826
>They lost like 5 million people to America's bullshit
from 0.9 to 3.8 by different estimates more than half of whom were south vietnamese, mostly civilians ofc
>>
>>78962341
this
>>
>>78958826
The Vietnamese lost 5 million people to their own bullshit. We stepped in to support the side we thought we thought was in the right.
The Japs were literal subhumans who massacring the Chinese and Koreans left and right. They would have likely fucked southeast Asia like you wouldn't believe if we hadn't made them surrender. Also they attacked us first.

Not to mention that we went out of our way to help them after both of these events.
>>
>>78963318
And now China will rule the world economically

Japan would have saved us from this ;-;
>>
>>78963318
Vietnamese are still being born today with agent orange defects and Laotians are still dying from the thousands of unexploded you dropped on them. Don't even try to play the whataboutism card on this.
>>
>>78963384
ameridindus always say they dindu nuffin, they are the niggers of the world basically
>>
>implying OP is a real Thai anyway
>implying a real Thai would say anything kind about Vietnam
>>
>>78964683
why not. give a rundown on the beef
>>
>>78964683
Not really, Thailand and Vietnam have a pretty good tie. As in all over SEA.
>>
>>78964683
How new are you? This OP is a known sexpat/de facto tripfag/infamous troll and spammer. There's no real Thais on here since 99% of them can't speak English.
>>
>>78964765
I remember that there is a Lao guy in Japan who can speak and write both Lao and Thai. He's quite a nice dude.
>>
>>78964707
I think they had some border clashes in the 80s when the Vietnamese army was occupying Cambodia also Laos is kind of a buffer zone between the two countries.
>>
>>78958826
>Americas bs

There were plenty of south Vietnamese people who joined the fight against commies so that they wouldn't lose their farming property and other priveledges/rights. Just the same if you go to South Korea today most people wouldn't want to live under Kim Jung uns regime
>>
File: 1479619720134.jpg (69KB, 697x396px) Image search: [Google]
1479619720134.jpg
69KB, 697x396px
>>78958826
>america kill 5 million people
>lost
hmmm
>>
Wars are merely one way of carrying out diplomacy between states. To view them as some sort of great moral crusade is to inject an American-style sense of self-righteousness that is frankly not appropriate.

The French and the English warred with each other for almost 1000 years, stretching back to before they were even proper nation states, and yet nowadays they have a very friendly relationship, even in spite of the UK leaving the EU.
>>
>>78964864
We wouldn't have won the Civil War had Lincoln not turned on a dime and declared a crusade to end slavery.
>>
>>78964888
An excuse to rally the country to fight. Just because Lincoln justified his war that way, doesn't mean it had much to do with why the war was actually fought (hint: it was to maintain control over the valuable shipping lanes on the Mississippi River). Civil Wars aren't very much like wars between nation states in any case.
>>
>>78964911
>Just because Lincoln justified his war that way, doesn't mean it had much to do with why the war was actually fought (hint: it was to maintain control over the valuable shipping lanes on the Mississippi River).
The war had a lot more causes/things at stake than just that.
>>
>Vietnam doesn't care about the war and has moved on because they're more worried about Chinese expansionism
>underage leftists in other cunts still use the war as anti-US propaganda
>>
Vietnam isn't going to go full US ally anytime soon. They're going for a balance between the two.
>>
>>78964972
Yeah, i think so, we're in friendly term with both Russia and the US.
>>
>>78964972
>Vietnam isn't going to go full US ally anytime soon
They're too afraid of China which borders right on them and could invade them any time they feel like it.
>>
>>78965001
FWIW Vietnam is extremely economically dependent on China.
>>
>>78958826

>same with Japan

Japan collaborated with the Nazis
>>
>>78963370
China doesn't even rule itself. They will always be the dogs of West's oligarchy.
>>
>>78964953
America would never move on if any country dropped nukes of them. Half of them still haven't gotten over losing the civil war and a good chunk will never move on from Pearl Harbor.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.