[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any good arguments for not using the metric system?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 415210.jpg (40KB, 604x302px) Image search: [Google]
415210.jpg
40KB, 604x302px
Is there any good arguments for not using the metric system?
>>
File: imperial.jpg (28KB, 957x963px) Image search: [Google]
imperial.jpg
28KB, 957x963px
>>78948239
Lots of reasons. Most important of all is that the E*r*p**n subcontinent uses it.
>>
>>78948310
That's nice, Jamal
>>
>>78948310
>muhhhhh im so dumb that I need simple numbers to understand
completely subjective. anybody who uses the metric system even in passing knows what is hot and what is cold in C
>>
File: BnHDlXqCQAAkvhw.jpg (24KB, 599x264px) Image search: [Google]
BnHDlXqCQAAkvhw.jpg
24KB, 599x264px
obligatory
>>
>>78948310
0°C is freezing point and 100°C is boiling point
what is fareinheit based on?
>>
>>78948419
>>muhhhhh im so dumb that I need simple numbers to understand
That's literally the argument most used by metricfags because they can't memorized a handful of conversions and they want "muh divisible by ten".

You should know we use SI in science settings, but only subcontinents pretending to be continents and other non-Americans are that adamant about using metric in everyday life.

>>78948355
no, you don't have to be black to know we have the superior system.
>>
>>78948477
i thought NASA use metric system though?
>>
>>78948603
>That's literally the argument most used by metricfags because they can't memorized a handful of conversions and they want "muh divisible by ten".
you were the one that posted that retarded image so you could easily tell if it's hot or cold outside

YOU should know that in this country we use BOTH, making me the perfect arbiter
metric is superior
>>78948615
they did and do, I think thats the joke (but you cant tell with americans)
>>
>>78948570
here, get your laughs in :

>The lower defining point, 0 °F, was established as the temperature of a solution of brine made from equal parts of ice and salt. Further limits were established as the melting point of ice (32 °F) and his best estimate of the average human body temperature (96 °F, about 2.6 °F less than the modern value due to a later redefinition of the scale).

It doesn't matter what the definitions are, all that matters is practicality in real life.

>>78948615
SI units.
>>
>>78948729
SI units.

Also if that is true, how come on every game show I see where they ask to convert you guys are completely clueless?
example: https://youtu.be/VwNsdcAXwE4?t=5m4s

Skip to 5 minute 4s and then again to 6 minutes.
>>
>>78948848
SI units are all metric

in britain we use:
shorter lengths: cm and m
long lengths: miles
speeds: mph
weight (people): st and lb
weight (general): g and kg
beer and milk: pints
other liquids: ml and L
in cooking: oz and tsp
this way nobody ever has to convert anything
also she says in the video she hasnt slept in nearly a day
>>
and having the freezing and boiling point as reference isn't practical?
>>
>>78948239
>measurimg things in Mohammadmeters and Khalidgrams
No thanks
>>
>>78949355
In scientific setting it is, which is why we use SI units in such settings. But in everyday life, of course not.
>>
>>78949432
Maybe if you live in some hot place, but where I live, near-freezing temperatures are important in everyday life.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.