[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: language(s) that you have abandoned learning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: ja-lgflag.gif (11KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
ja-lgflag.gif
11KB, 400x267px
ITT: language(s) that you have abandoned learning
>>
File: Toki_pona.png (16KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
Toki_pona.png
16KB, 384x512px
>>
None but I have only learned 3 so far. All C2 (Maybe C1 in Japanese reading)

I don't understand people who only learn language just so they can order food or do simple greetings. If you learn it, go all the way.
>>
File: germany.png (1KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
germany.png
1KB, 259x194px
Extremely easy language to learn, but I realized there's no point.
Most Germans (worth speaking to) know English.
Also, I just don't like most Germans. They're kind of insufferable.
>>
>>78936947
根性無しめ
>>
spanish classes were mandatory in the first two years of the high school I studied

never again
>>
>>78936947
お前は馬鹿だぞ
If you give up something because it's difficult just fucking don't even try. Japanese is easier than Spanish imo. Have been studying for about 6 months and can read articles related to gaming and such.
It's really just down to how focused you are and how much you want it.

Working on RTK now.
>>
>>78937337
Agreed.

If you can't put out more than a few days', or in some cases months' worth of work into learning a language then you might as well learn none.
>>
>>78937337
>Japanese is easier than Spanish
Care to explain why you think that?

I've learned German (vocabulary's a bit small in it, I'll admit, tho), but every other language I have interest in learning is pretty low on educational resources.
>>
>>78937135
:(
>>
>>78937337
>Japanese is easier than Spanish
Objectively false
>>
>>78937337
Spanish is literally the easiest language to learn for an English speaker and Japanese is the hardest

Its been studied
https://www.nsa.gov/news-features/declassified-documents/cryptologic-spectrum/assets/files/foreign_language.pdf
>>
>>78940325
>>78940050
>>78939954
Japanese: Grammar is easy and straight forward with little nonregular things.
The only hard part is Kanji and counters. And even Kanji can be learned in 2 months.

Spanish: Grammar is complex. Studied in school and was harder than Japanese for me.
>>
>>78940325
>>78940050
>>78939954
You're all just wimps that wanna play the "It's too hard i can't do it" card. Stop being a cunt and learn the language you wanna learn no matter how "hard" people say it is. You'll find with a lot of exposure it comes easy.

I no longer believe in the hype that Japanese is "Impossible to learn". IT's really not that hard.
>>
>>78940673
So you've passed 1級?
>>
File: ç french.png (11KB, 582x473px) Image search: [Google]
ç french.png
11KB, 582x473px
One day I will try again, I promise
>>
>>78936947
French and Dutch
>>
>>78936947
some regional language
>>
>>78936947
(you)
Fuck English and its people
>>
French.
>>
>>78937044
Because they only want to get by when they happen to visit a country that speaks the language. Not everyone is interested in a language's literature or what have you
>>
>>78940768
I've not taken any sort of class or read any text books aside from Tae Kim and the Antimoon method of language learning.
I don't plan on taking classes. Waste of time.
>>
>>78940951
Then your opinion on the difficulty of the language doesn't mean shit honestly.

JLPT is a good measure of passive ability (reading and listening) and if you aren't actually talking to Japanese people regularly (either living there, through language meetups, or in a classroom with an actual Japanese person) your speaking is almost certainly shit

But yea the conjugation from ます to ました is very intuitive and much easier than Spanish.
>>
I like to tell myself that Japanese grammar is simple in apperance but complex in practice.
>>
>>78941200
>JLPT
It's meme, I studied only 3 month and achieved JLPT N2
>>
>>78941273
Isn't all historical material in Korea written in Kanji
>>
>>78941200
I've met people that have taken the JLPT and cannot understand shit. My speaking is shit but my understanding is rather high for such a short amount of time.

My girlfriend is Japanese and we talk on Skype daily so i do get speaking practice. The JLPT is just so that Gaijin can feel good "Wow im so good at Nihongo xddd". When in reality they suck and probably couldn't make it through a manga.
>>
>>78941458
>girlfriend
>skype

Shes using you for free English lessons
>>
>>
>>78941758
She speaks no English and we speak only in Japanese. But try again.
>>
>>78936947
>another gaijin bite the dust
we did, we protected the purity of our land again! we keep bullying gaijins to death, my ancestors!
>>
I gave up Spanish, forced to learn it at school and was pretty boring imo. I'm now learning japanese and it's far more interesting/beautiful to study
>>
>>78942329
genetic purity means nothing if you're not culturally pure
>>
i tried japanese but its so fucking useless
>>
File: 1501970826727.png (324KB, 900x961px) Image search: [Google]
1501970826727.png
324KB, 900x961px
>>78942329
お前は外人だろ。
Thanks, スミス先生!
>>
>>78942572
It's all about how much you want to learn the language. My girlfriend was a huge motivator and still is.
Find a language and culture that really interests you and go balls deep.
>>
>>78936947
None.
I'm not a quitter.
>>
>>78942920
You see, this is a real man right here.
>>
>>78937135
>arabic
>easy to learn
>>
>>78936947
French
Want to get back but don't have anyone around me to converse with. Also, would have been happier if my gf would also try to learn it...I find French speaking girls hot for some reason.
>>
>>78943996
Just go to France as a "Refugee" and find a qt french girl. They'll give you food, a new Iphone and a place to live all while riding on the backs of the French tax payer.

Have fun Pajeet.
>>
>>78943996
you're welcome poo, we have a lot of money for your kind of subhuman
>>
File: IMG_1508.jpg (80KB, 657x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1508.jpg
80KB, 657x531px
>>78943403
...nice.
>>
>>78936947
Spanish
Because it is ugly
>>
Japanese, Latin, and Arabic. Abandoned them because I am a lazy fuck. Thinking of starting German now. Wonder how long it will take me to abandon that too.
>>
I tried a bit of French before but i ended up leaving it (it was easy though). Now i'm thinking of learning Farsi
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.