[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately I was thinking about picking up learning Russian, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Download.jpg (18KB, 340x148px) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
18KB, 340x148px
Lately I was thinking about picking up learning Russian, but what would be an actually good reason?

I like how it sounds for the most part and it's pretty powerful, but the problem is its usefulness or the lack thereof
while widespread here and there it's not really a world language and as far as I know there isn't any interesting russian media whatsoever, except classical literature
I don't care that it's hard, that not the problem
>>
just one good reason?
>>
>>78933573
There's this thing called literature. Damn good cinema too.
>>
>>78934951
You can sit in 2ch.hk
>>
soviet cinema, literature
>>
slavic languages wont get you anywhere
>>
>>78934997
That's a bad reason.
>>
there is like 300 million native russian speakers
it's all up to you how you utilize it
>>
>>78935040
Best actually.
>>
>>78933573
>Lately I was thinking about picking up learning Russian, but what would be an actually good reason?
You could speak to your grandfather.
>>
>>78935061
ew
>>
Russian community pretty closed. This can be interesting for "western" people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDSPAPOUU0U
>>
>>78933573
Believe me, there is no practical reason, it will be purely for your own entertainment, most likely nothing work or travel related.

Entertainment: Soviet cinema, classic Russian literature, news/other media and just generally better understanding of Russian mentality, opinions of people (which you shouldn't care about anyway) and I can't really think of anything else.

It's not worth it.
>>
>know 2 languages
>work as translate bot
>>
>>78935174
what do you mean by 'closed'?
>>
>>78935349
No communication with English community.
>>
>>78935377
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A1PAO3jgmXY
I understand!
>>
>>78935662
This is western creation for english speaker people. We forgot about hardbass in 2005.
>>
>>78935784
I understand.
>>
>>78935874
Good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxLYYf5bz0M
>>
>all the torrents you can possibly imagine
>can join cs go chats in russian
>will be able to squat with your new friends
>won't have a hard time traveling east
>will be able to listen to putin on russian television without the need of translation
>will be able to read one of the most relevant literary works of all times in the original version
>will be able to visit konigsberg and speak with the locals that replaced your cousins
>will be able to watch russian media and understand what's their stance on the things they don't agree with the west
>will be able to travel and speak to locals from poland to alaska
>will be able to listen to stalin speeches without subtitles and tell his georgian accent from the speeches made by other soviet leaders
>will be able to access russian websites without any problems

The list can go on but I think you got the idea
>>
File: 1481698351321.jpg (87KB, 516x598px) Image search: [Google]
1481698351321.jpg
87KB, 516x598px
>>78935974
>>
>>78936172
For practicing your russian, I suppose
>>
>>78935974
>will be able to squat with your new friends
Another good reason after siting in 2ch.hk. Desu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW2owFzyJ2k
>>
>>78934951
I hear they got many books about rocket science.
>>
>>78933573
you could join the russian military? I guess thats it really. If you want to become a Russian citizen you can be in the army for 5 years.
>>
File: 1413541885232.png (535KB, 700x676px) Image search: [Google]
1413541885232.png
535KB, 700x676px
>>78935974
Why the fuck would anyone want to do that?
>>
Russian people are among the best personality-wise in the world, never listen to selfhating pricks, they are as good as BLM or sjw
>>
For poetic baneposting

C чeгo бы мнe, — cкaзaл Aгeнт, —
Cклoнятьcя пpeд тoбoй?
Tвoй мacтepплaн нe тaк хopoш,
Tы пapeнь нeбoльшoй.
Хoть в мacкe ты, хoть бeз нee —
Baжнeй coвceм нe тo.
Я - ЦPУ, и Пaвeл — мoй,
Tы cвязaн, ты — никтo.
Taк oн cкaзaл, тaк oн cкaзaл,
Из ЦPУ aгeнт.
И caмoлeт в тoт дeнь yпaл,
И выживших в нeм нeт.
>>
>>78936321
what if you already have citizenship?
>>
I think Russia will surprise the world and be an emergent power in the 21st century. In this way, opportunities will exist for knowing Russian and Cyrillic. This being said, you could always get a job as a teacher.
>>
MЫ БEЛAPУCИ
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.