[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Iceland is a European countr-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

>Iceland is a European countr-
>>
>>78727076
I've seen Europeans classify Greenland as part of the European subcontinent/peninsula/region before, so I don't think they will give up Iceland.
>>
I always thought Iceland too far from the mainland to be European
>>
>>78727233
Both are considered to be in the european sphere of influence, but not geographically.
>>
Continents have nothing to do with plate tectonics. It was plate tectonics which were erroneously given the moniker "continental plates" thousands of years after the concept of a continent. Not the other way around.
>>
>>78727379
So are you saying Iceland is part of the Eurasian continent or North American continent?
>>
>>78727440
The European Continent.
>>
>>78727379
America is so fat.. that the tectonic plates crack under it's behind.
>>
>>78727466
iseuropeacontinent.com
>>
>>78727076
Continents are just an arbitrary cultural decision.
For example in France and Italy America is considered a single continent, not two.
Have you ever asked yourself what the 5 rings of the olympics stand for?
>>
>>78727519
Europe and Asia were the first continents defined by the Greeks thousands of years ago. How could it not be a continent?
>>
Looks like a nice place
>>
>>78727532
I always thought it was for the continents that aren't an island full of British prison-rape babies.
>>
Iceland is in Europe. Greenland is in North America
>>
>>78729649
Iceland is in the atlantic nowhere near eurppe
>>
>>78727076
Iceland self-identifies as trans-European, you shitlord.
>>
>>78727076
Continents aren't defined by tectonic plates. It's a cultural-historical classification. Dunno why some retards in this board keep insisting with that.
>>
>>78729698
It's closer to Great Britain and Norway than the US and Canada. More important, they don't consider themselves Americans
>>
>>78727558
So what was the original reasoning for separating Europe and Asia as continents? I've never been clear on that but perhaps you know? Where was the boundary (politically and/or geographically) and what about that boundary was so significant that they said "beyond here is a different continent"?
>>
Iceland is rightfully Irish.
>>
>>78730085
white and not white, civilized and uncivilized
>>
>>78730132
There was a ton of civilization in the middle east back then. And I don't think the Greeks were hung up on whiteness the way 4chan is.
>>
>>78730226
Ancient Greeks were kind of small scale in their classification of continents.
I'm talking about Europeans during the Age of Discovery through the 20th century
>>
>>78730353
The funny thing is, other civilizations have continents as well. In ancient china for example they 5 or 6 continents with China in the middle.
>>
>>78730085
Historical.but the Urals as a limit becomes irrelevant in Russia.
>>
irish people first people in iceland

btfo
>>
>>78727351
Until Greenland declares independence and joins NAFTA
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.