[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the Catholic Church blamed for the spread of HIV/AIDS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: rzv85dn.png (742KB, 6000x3048px) Image search: [Google]
rzv85dn.png
742KB, 6000x3048px
Why is the Catholic Church blamed for the spread of HIV/AIDS in Africa when the area in which it is mostly prevalent is Sub-Saharan Africa, which is mostly Protestant?

Whatever the Pope's position is on prophylactics, why are they paying attention to what comes out of The Vatican, and if they do value what Catholicism says, why do they ignore what they say on sexual abstinence before marriage and monogamy?

Is it because Africans, like most other people, just don't like condoms and short-term pleasure is more important to them than long-term risk prevention? Of course, they can eschew any personal responsibility and blame the Pope instead for them catching and spreading HIV/AIDS knowing they'll be supported by edgy anti-Christian anti-Catholic groups in the West.

Thoughts?
>>
It's much easier for groups to fabricate a propaganda point than address real problems or challenge actual positions.
>>
>>78660620
>Why is the Catholic Church blamed for the spread of HIV/AIDS in Africa
Never heard of this outside the context of Condoms.

Also the only power on Earth that can stop aids, is Islam.
>>
>>78660620
Because the catholic Church is the largest health provider in Africa. Nevermind they're doing a better work overall, it's easier than trying to draw attention to every single moronic American denomination.
>>
Is it a little disingenuous that Christianity is split between 3 categories but Islam only one? At the very list Shia-Sunni is as meaningful a divide as Roman Catholic and Eastern/Oriental Orthodox.
>>
>>78660697
I wouldn't call it disingenuous, but I'd like if that map had that distinction. I've seen plenty that do.
>>
>>78660697
Yes, but this isn't about Islam, and Shia account for about a tenth of Islam globally.
>>
>>78660675
Not sure I follow what you're saying here.
>>
The catholic church has been saying something along the lines of "condoms are not okay, but on regions with high std rates it's doing more harm than good, so let the niggers use them" for the last 10 years, I think
>>
>>78660851
It's easier to go after the big, vissible guy rather than try to hold accountable every group of Mormons, Jehova's witnesses and Evangelicals doing damage.
>>
>>78660672
the dicks get bigger the further south you go, hence the aids
>>
Catholics are not white
>>
>>78661362
Fuck off Mormon scum
>>
>>78661338
No, it's entirely about the insane superstitions that persist among sub-saharan africans. There are literally billboards begging african men to stop raping infants, because somebody spread the rumor that fucking a baby will cure AIDS. The idea of protection is laughed at even without the Catholic Church "helping".
>>
>>78661419
>There are literally billboards begging african men to stop raping infants

Stop conflating one part of South Africa with all of Africa boy.
Female BC pills are much better at what they are designed for vs condoms and what they do.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.