[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to learn a Language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
This is a list of Languages I'd like to learn to speak fluently:
>Italian
>German
>Latvian
>Russian
>Swedish
Which should I learn and why?
>>
>capitalizing "Language"
Maybe you should learn English first lmoa
>>
>>78613919
Swedish. its the closest to English.
After that go with German, then Italian, then Russian/Latvian.
>>
>>78613999
Didn't catch that, sorry I'm a bit tired.
>>78614042
I already have the basis for Italian, why Swedish in particular?
>>
>>78614042
This was the order I was thinking before I opened this thread.
>>
>>78613919
Learn Greek so you can really be a cultured person. Not just anyone can read the Greek classics as they were written
>>
>>78613919
>Which should I learn and why?
That's not how it works.
>>
>>78614099
Scandinavian languages, particularly "east" ones like Danish, Norwegian and Swedish are all heavily influenced by English and the grammar is not too far off.

But if you already have the basis for Italian, or any romance language at that matter, I'd say go for that.

>>78614138
Greek is a rather brutal language once you learn it and speak to natives.
>>
>>78613919
>Latvian
this
I don't know why
>>
>>78614099
Because its easy as hell if you already know english. You just have to remember some of the retarded vocabulary
>>
I'm jealous that you're attempting lad. There's a foreign exchange student from germany and I am too nervous to speak to him in german even though me and another dude chill with him all the time.
>>
> Latvian
useless
> Italian
useless
> Swedish
useless
> German
somewhat useful
> Russian
meh, useless
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.