[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apologise for black slavery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0709.png (79KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0709.png
79KB, 600x600px
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_people
>In 1998, Sweden formally apologized for the wrongs committed against the Sami.
If we apologise for The wrongdoings of our past. Then why come The US doesn't do the same?
>>
>>78526916
apologizing on behalf of other people is really pathetic
>>
>country roleplaying
>country roleplaying in real life
>>
File: 1484521042061.png (473KB, 474x632px) Image search: [Google]
1484521042061.png
473KB, 474x632px
>>78527249
>>78527466
>>
>>78526916
>wrongs committed
>allowed half the country to go to waste to preserve a few finnish alcoholics

We've licked their asses forever. They're just exploiting our cuckening for gibs
>>
>>78527531
Also, my family is from Jämtland. They got fucked beyond belief and no apologies. They had their own norse culture, they had their own weird ass cow things called fjällkor (now nearly extinct), the whole lot. Now the place is deforested and depopulated because the sami were the only ones that got treated well.

Also again, the sami weren't even the first to inhabit northern Sweden. That was a proto-european hunter gatherer community now mostly found in Swedish genes but also a bit in samis.

Also, I just came back from a week long hike in sapmi. The samis get to tax free over-fish the place when Swedes can't even legally own a reindeer.
>>
File: IMG_0710.png (145KB, 827x584px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0710.png
145KB, 827x584px
>>78527687
>Now the place is deforested
What? Pretty much all land except Scania and the tundra/mountains in the northeast is heavily forested
>>
>>78527840
Apologies. What I meant was it turned from old-growth forest speckled with pastoral land for wild gracing fjällkor to homogenized patches of recently cut clearings and rows of pine.

On the norwegian side the pastoral/old growth climate still exists to a large extent but in Sweden it's been almost entirely erased along with the people that lived there. The stats are pretty staggering if you look up how much of Swedish forest is not old-growth these days.
>>
>>78527840
Why does the Saxon hate trees
>>
File: IMG_0712.jpg (219KB, 700x493px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0712.jpg
219KB, 700x493px
>>78527955
Idk. It looks like Sweden has more old growth forest than Norway
>>
>>78527687

>Swedes treat Norwegians like shit
>Norwegian blames reindeer herders
>>
>>78527531
I know those feels Swedebro
>>
>>78528080
That's the mountainous birch forests m'friendo. No use cutting those down. If you've seen one you'll understand why there's no forest industry there. South of Sapmi the relevant data is the red spots so per low-level forest areas Norway is a lot less homogenized. Except of course Norway doesn't have a lot of low level forested areas to begin with.

And there is one more thing skewing the stats and that is the fact that Norway is mostly rainforest (rarely freezes, loads of rain) which makes restoration much faster. Old-growth here seems to be measured in time since clearing rather than actual climate on-site.

A better example would be to simply drive across the border and then to a Swedish patch of low-land old growth. The forest industry in Sweden simply can't sustain a diverse ecology due to the dry cold climate vs Norway. It just ends up with pine rows cause that's all that grows quick enough.
>>
>>78528123
Jämtland hasn't been Norwegian in a very long time. But most of Sweden used to be very diverse before the 60's with varied cultures and traditions. The samis are the only ones that got preserved.

I don't blame the samis for exploiting our new left self hate. I just don't think we should emphasize their fraudulent suffering when we completely ignore that we erased loads of norse cultures south of sapmi.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.