[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Disney do a movie based on Russia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13

File: Walt_disney_pictures.jpg (40KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
Walt_disney_pictures.jpg
40KB, 670x377px
They have already done movies based on German, French, Scandi, Native American, China, etc. Why don't they draw some inspiration from Russia this time? Russian folk culture and stories are very rich compared to the generic western Brothers Grimm stuff. Also, it's not like it's unheard of. In my uni they even offer a class solely on Russian Fairy tales, and it always fills up really fast.
>>
File: Alice in Wonderland3.jpg (67KB, 1424x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Alice in Wonderland3.jpg
67KB, 1424x1080px
>>78514539
Disney are too busy ripping off British children's literature to fuck around with Russia.
>>
>>78514578
They haven't really done anything from Brits in a long time.
>>
File: images.jpg (337KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
337KB, 960x1440px
>>78514630
they haven't been doing anything at all lately

anyways before anyone replies pic related, it's from the competition, 20th Century Fox
>>
>>78514655
yes, and it's not all that good. I want something Disney quality
>>
>>78514630
Alice in Wonderland 2010, the recent Jungle Book live action film. BFG film. Upcoming Mary Poppins sequel. Constant Winnie the Pooh stuff. There are probably others. They probably have another Peter Pan in the works no doubt.
>>
would you disnepify her /int/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvHoNFWRiVI
>>
>>78514794
I like her how she is desu, but she could be disneyfied for the needs of the movie.
>>
File: anastasia bway1456.jpg (54KB, 786x429px) Image search: [Google]
anastasia bway1456.jpg
54KB, 786x429px
>>78514539
There was this one,
>>
>>78514956
It's not Disney and so it lacks in the quality of Disney movies.
>>
File: kathryn beaumont-disney-3.jpg (765KB, 1334x1490px) Image search: [Google]
kathryn beaumont-disney-3.jpg
765KB, 1334x1490px
>>78514578
Disney """"hand picked"""" her voice actress.
>>
>>78514539
I always thought Anastasia was Disney.
Also Disney is a corporate souless robot nowadays. It only makes suoer safe bets like live action remakes of remakes.
I agree though theres a ton of potential in Russian childrens tales, folklore and even more contemporary work
>>
>>78514539
Russians are not a big overseas market and they don't make up enough of a large visible minority in the US. Plus

>You're generally running into the same issues as with many classic Western tales of working with material that today would be considered too "dark" for kids but you don't have familiarity giving you as much of a free pass.
>While Don Bluth seems to have had some good measure of success adapting Eastern European folklore and characters, eg >>78514655 I think enough of a bias remains from the cold war era it doesn't test as well. There might also be a small institutional culture factor in Disney given they did work on American propaganda during the 20th century.

I don't see it coming soon, is not diverse enough to fit in Disney's current attempts to broaden its appeal in emerging markets.
>>
>>78515088
>Russians are not a big overseas market
Bigger than fucking Maori. Besides that isnt the point most of the fairy tales they produce come from German or Danish material. Individually those market are smaller than the Russian one. My point is they can easily make it work without aiming it specifically at the Russian market.
>>
>>78515140
this desu. It's not like there's many Maoris/Native Americans active in the American market. Also, they could make it broadly Easter European/Slavic, that would bring in quite an income I think.
>>
>Disney adapting a story with a strong male lead like most Slavic tales
>ever
Forget about it goyim
>>
>>78515335
true
I'm sure they could find some crap about some princess somewhere in there though
>>
>>78515249
They're just too busy making bullshit remakes that take minimum effort desu. Look at their upcoming films.
>>
Russia isn't a real country and is merely a CIA ploy to extend the MIC

grow up morons
>>
File: Chell.jpg (34KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Chell.jpg
34KB, 350x350px
>>78515140
The Maori thing was meant to appeal to, by proxy, Pacific Islanders and is non controversial material featuring "brown" people. I think Disney tries to avoid controversies that could surround material like pictured, which is probably the reason they've been so slow rolling stuff out for Latin America.

German or Danish is source material meant to appeal to mainstream American whites and Euros, Russia would be more of that with potentially some smaller appeal.

I love it how everyone in this board is all for capitalism except where it conflicts with your personal causes, Disney has a board which cares primarily about its stockholders. And those stockholders fucking care about maximizing profit, meaning trying strategies that will broaden the company's demographic appeal. You're by all means welcome to write to them and make the case for Russian folklore.
>>
File: sweat.jpg (7KB, 184x240px) Image search: [Google]
sweat.jpg
7KB, 184x240px
>>78515418
>>
>>78515418
>You're by all means welcome to write to them and make the case for Russian folklore
i can't give enough fucks to do that. maybe OP could, but then again, which russian tale or setting would be good for a movie?
>>
>>78515418
Nothing controversial about Eastern European tales though is there? It's a massive untapped market that would also allow them to produce something actually new and interesting for everyone.
>And those stockholders fucking care about maximizing profit, meaning trying strategies that will broaden the company's demographic appeal.
Which is why all of Disneys recent films are trash though. They've been making retarded choices for muhh diversity reasons so why not make one based on Eastern European works. It's not like Alladin was made to appeal to Middle Easterners either. Everyone watched it. It's a company that has gone downhill and they're ok with it as long as their sub par material fullfils the muhh diversity bracket.
>>
Basically Disney is now becoming the Michael Bay of animation. Nothing wrong with making money. Thing is the company isnt following in the footsteps of its creator
>>
>>78514539
how would they do a movie based on drunk shitheads?

>im Princess Vodkarella, here is my story about davarish Dimitry and comunism

it would be shit
>>
>>78515592
>Which is why all of Disneys recent films are trash though
it's mismanagement
though i admit Zootopia is the best shit ever since Lady and The Tramp, there's this lobby (JOOOS) who are pushing their """""politically correct""""" agenda all over world media
once the old farts realize they're losing money they won't listen to that lobby anymore, it happened at the end of the 90s it will happen again
>>
>>78514655
damn i thought this was from disney
>>
>>78515670
and it is
star wars is a disney movie too
>>
>>78515649
A shit would be a movie based on Poortugal.
>>
>>78515649
Go read some Russian fairy tales poortugal
>>
>>78515816
shut up Princess Obesity
>>
>>78515835
you mean karl marx and lenine books? no thanks
>>
>>78515886
American fatso "culture">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Poortugalian """""""""culture"""""""""
>>
>>78515931
>Karl Marx
>Russian
>Not a German kike
lol, and they say American education is bad
>>
>>78515931
>lenine
>tfw a poortugese brainlet wonders into your thread
Shoo you irrelevant shithole. Nobody would even think about making a Disney film based on portugese tales since you have none. Literally no literary heritage.
>>
>>78515979
says the shithole immigrant cuck country
>>
>>78515956
you had to google it up dumb cuck
>>
>>78516051
>a moor shithole calls the most based and most developed Western European country a shithole
Kek. Stay mad. You have no culture in your shithole. Basically Spains parasite. Poortufags never wrote or invented anything. Russia has
>>
>>78516076
>having to google that Karl Marx is German
Just kys
>>
>>78516076
No I didn't actually. I know at least that much. Can't say the same about you or your country"men"
>>
>>78516130
tell us about the story of the shithole of your country
oh wait, you made jewcolates
im not mad neither a moor, but you do love beeing raped
>>
>>78516145
yep he did it
stay mad amerilard and jewtzerland
>>
switzerfag wich is your main language? french or german? your country dont even have a own language? wow what a shithole
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 443x332px
Apparently Disney are working on a grimdark adult version of the Don Bluth Anastasia, so OP might get his wish sooner rather than later
>>
>>78516182
>>78516160
>moortugal poortugal trying to call superior countries names
that would be really cute if it wasn't so pathetic
>>
File: MoanaPortrait.0.jpg (77KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
MoanaPortrait.0.jpg
77KB, 1200x800px
Moana was top-tier
>>
>>78516251
yea but it's an original story
>>
>>78516242
>murilard beeing butthurt cause hes a nigger country
you know whats cute? your mother in a chimpout in detroit
>>
>>78516251
Not saying it was bad.
>>78516221
source? Also, that's twisting historical figures, why don't they just take some actual fairy tale?
>>
>>78516251
why is hawaii full of fat fucks? oh wait its part of burgertown
>>
>>78516276
>moortugal calling me a nigger
kek
>>
>>78515633
people forget that Walt Disney was very good at terrifying children, and that his own cultural tastes were much more progressive than their cosy distorted memories of childhood suggest. Dude was a Stravinskyboo
>>
>>78516160
>Switzerland
>raped
Is that why the dream of all your contrymen is to come here and clean my toilet? You're literally our Mexicans.
And you're even dumber than you seem.
>>
>>78516303
i blame Roy Disney for that
all those shitty feel-good 50s tv movies
>>
>>78516303
True
Also just remembered that Fantasia featured Chernabog.
>>
Disney has been just working as propaganda making west side look better.
>>
>>78516304
we clean your moms pussy yes we did
>>
>>78515335
make him gay or a pedo
>>
>>78516296
yes you are a nigger lard
>>
>>78516342
fugg no, on the other hand, seeing how much gay shit Disney's been pushing lately, maybe it's better they don't touch Slavic folk tales at all
>>
>>78515140
>German market is smaller than the Russian one
you might want to check again
>>
>>78516338
Sure thing Alberto.
Irony is that your mom is much more likely to come here and clean my pipe for pocket change.
>>
>>78516410
by pipe you mean your anal cavity, what a dumb nigger you are
dont you have dicks to suck you fucking immigrant jewish cuck? oh wait you get paid in francos, french shitty coin you cuck
btw go suck portuguese dick like your parents do so they could pay for you shitpost here
>>
>>78516399
Just did
>>
>>78516374
Nintendo should make a video game based on Slavic Mythology. That should please all parties.
>>
>>78516464
>he believes in 9fag charts
what a loser we got here
>>
Bullshit. They already did 1 movie.It was perro caca.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Masters
>>
>>78514539
Anastasia?
>>
>>78516434
Shut your whore mouth João or your family wont eat tonight
>>
>>78516487
that'd be dope
>>
Before the angry hordes consume me, I KNOW Anastasia isn't Disney, okay? FUCKING CHILLAX.

JESUS.

Anyway, I wanted to say I always really liked this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWwKdejZLfE

fuck yeah russia
>>
>>78516517
eat a nigger dick Jean Pierre
>>
>>78516497
It's UNESCO data, you silly Poztugese
>>
>>78516303
All the best children's stuff has a bit of terror in them, just look at Roald Dahl.
>>
>>78516598
I really don't wanna know what Walt Disney's nightmares were, the image of his head planted on a cybernetic body that comes to life is scary enough for me.

Goddammit Walt, why were you such a weirdo?
>>
File: the witches-33.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
the witches-33.webm
2MB, 900x506px
>>78516598
>just look at Roald Dahl.
>>
>>78516503
I'm talking animated movie. Like Frozen or Rapunzel. Not live action/
>>
File: 5YpMp3XcbZ8.jpg (20KB, 400x562px) Image search: [Google]
5YpMp3XcbZ8.jpg
20KB, 400x562px
>>78517204
BTW they are doing another one
>>
>>78517251
I've heard, the plot does not sound very exciting desu
>>
File: eI2BO9zZJYA.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
eI2BO9zZJYA.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>78517418
Well,Disney cares only about making money,but movie is not looking bad. We had our government give money to things far worse than that.Most of these funds are usually stolen.
>>
>>78517484
Idk, the only positive in it I saw so far is that it has the qt bartender from кyхня in it.
>>
>make historic Russian film
>booze, rape and poverty
>make current Russian film
>booze, drugs and poverty
suppose they could make Oliver & Company 2: Streets of Petersburg
>>
>>78516753
the face looks like my dick
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.