[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North Africa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Africa_satellite_orthographic.jpg (535KB, 1624x1824px) Image search: [Google]
Africa_satellite_orthographic.jpg
535KB, 1624x1824px
Why don't we dig a big canal to create an inland sea in North Africa? The whole world would benefit. It would change the entire climate of the region.

Alternatiely why not cover the Sahara in solar panels?
>>
You have to go over us first :)
We will never abandon our ancestors
>>
https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Man-Made_River
>>
>>78507226

pls explain yourself on this ancenstor thing
>>
Because it'd cost trillions of dollars, if not over a quadrillion
>>
>>78507069
It would also lower the sea levels making the solar ice caps melting less of a threat
>>
>>78507664

nasa data shows that the sea level dropped anyway over the last decades.
>>
>>78507719
Did they say what was the reason for that?
>>
>>78507917
I stopped swimming
>>
>>78508029
kek
>>
>>78507917

i wouldn't know. i only checked the the measuring.
>>
>>78508029

underrated
>>
>>78507069
romans tried to link that big lake with the med and make an inland sea but failed
>>
>>78508436
You should finish what they started
>>
>>78509059
it's scientifically impossible i think
>>
>>78509174
Why not
>>
>>78507069
>Why don't we dig a big canal to create an inland sea in North Africa?

Who is 'we'?
>>
>>78509059
Why don't YOU people do it, it's your countries and there's enough resources in the Arab world
>>
>>78509511
Fuck off I'm not the one who made the thread
>>
>>78509281
The "inland sea" is chatt el jerid, a salt lake that is dry half of the year, besides, the whole thing is over sea level, the lake would still act independantly even if there's a sea canal passing through.
>>
>>78509511
see the flag you idiot, he responded to a Tunisian talking about Tunisia

>there's enough resources in the Arab world
Tunisia and Morocco have no oil, Algeria only has access to the med, we need to feed everyone and provide them with good infrastructure before gambling on some vaguely beneficial terraforming projects
>>
>>78507452
they are MOORS
>>
File: 1024px-All_proposed_routes.png (221KB, 1024x708px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-All_proposed_routes.png
221KB, 1024x708px
>>78507069
The Qattara Depression Project, or shortly the Qattara Project, is a concept for a large civil engineering project in Egypt, rivaling the Aswan High Dam, intended to develop the Qattara Depression by flooding it.[1] So depression is a region that lies below sea level and is currently a vast desert. By connecting the region and the Mediterranean Sea with tunnels and/or canals, water could be let into the area. The inflowing water would then evaporate quickly because of the desert climate. This way a continuous flow of water could be created if inflow and evaporation were balanced out. With this continuously flowing water hydroelectricity could be generated. Eventually this would result in a hypersaline lake or a salt pan as the water evaporates and leaves the salt it contains behind.
The proposals call for a large canal or tunnel being excavated of about 55 to 80 kilometres (34 to 50 mi) depending on the route chosen to the Mediterranean Sea to bring seawater into the area.[2] Or otherwise a 320 kilometre (200 mile) pipeline north-east to the freshwater Nile River at Rosetta.[3][4] For comparison, the nearby Suez Canal is currently 193 kilometres in length.[5] By balancing the inflow and evaporation the lake level can be held constant. Several proposed lake levels are -70, -60, -50 and -20 m. Flooding the depression to -20 m would lower the height of the world ocean by 2.16 millimeters.[6]
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.