[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christianity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: protestant symbol.jpg (88KB, 1400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
protestant symbol.jpg
88KB, 1400x1600px
It may be a bunch of dumb questions but lets go.

Do all the protestants believe in predestination? I mean the Lutherans, Anglicans et cetera.

Or just the reformed like the Calvinists believe it?

What is the main difference between the main Brazilian Protestantism (Evangelicalism) and the main American Protestantism (Baptist)? What do they differ the most from the Catholicism and the Orthodox?

Also the Protestant believe that if they hard work they are going to the heavens and the Catholic believe in 'good actions' to go to the heavens, right?

pls respond
>>
>>78504234
>Do all the protestants believe in predestination

No, predestination (or more accurately, double predestination) mostly a thing with Reformed churches and other Calvinists.

>Or just the reformed like the Calvinists believe it?

Mostly yeah. Presbyterians, Reformed Baptists, Continental Reformed Churches and their diaspora, etc.

>What is the main difference between the main Brazilian Protestantism (Evangelicalism) and the main American Protestantism (Baptist)? What do they differ the most from the Catholicism and the Orthodox?

Baptists are evangelicals, the two words are almost synonymous. While there is a lot of variation from one congregation to the other, you could usually expect similar theology (though evangelical Protestantism often doesn't have very rich theological stances) and a similar "feel" (a Sunday service based around a guy in a suit preaching) I'm not sure exactly what things are like in Brazil, but whether you're in Asia, Africa, the USA, etc. evangelical Protestants all tend to be similar. They may involve themselves in things like "speaking in tongues" or other charismatic practices.

They have very different ideas from Catholicism or Orthodox. They don't believe in any of the sacraments the same way that Catholics or the Orthodox do (they think that things like baptisms or communion are merely symbols rather than real methods of directing God's grace). They don't believe in apostolic succession, devotionals, liturgical worship, or prayer to saints.

>Also the Protestant believe that if they hard work they are going to the heavens and the Catholic believe in 'good actions' to go to the heavens, right?

No. Often evangelical Protestants emphasize being "born again" meaning that at one moment in time they began to truly believe in Christ and from that point onward they are saved. Catholics and Orthodox believe that salvation is a lifelong process. Catholicism doesn't teach that you can earn your way into heaven.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.