[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear Yuros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1503069105750.jpg (172KB, 800x1225px) Image search: [Google]
1503069105750.jpg
172KB, 800x1225px
How would you explain the Napoleonic Wars to non-Yuros in a way that helps them understand their significance?
>>
>>78480290
first Communist uprising, I guess.
managed to push it back and contain it in France that time.
>>
File: Sharpe.jpg (670KB, 1622x1610px) Image search: [Google]
Sharpe.jpg
670KB, 1622x1610px
>>78480290
Sean Bean beating Napoleon single-handedly.
>>
Russia saves the world once again
>>
>>78480290
Leave my cuirassier gf alone
>>
>>78480456
Russia always saving european ass, you're like the father saving his kid
>>
>>78480290
I need a source OP
>>
>tfw never studied Napoleonic Wars at school
World Wars are more important I guess
>>
>>78480290
They tried to emulate America but failed
>>
>>78480290
My fucking dick!
>>
>>78480681
How?
>>
>>78480707
“They wanted me to be a Washington.”
>>
>>78480579
we all do
no luck at google and saucenao
>>
>>78480290
Basically Napoleon being autistic and the french giving to the anglos the supremacy in the world
>>
>>78480723
That's not "trying to emulate America"
>>
>>78480759

It very clearly is. Lets not forget that the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen was written by Lafayette with help from Thomas Jefferson
>>
>>78480784
>was written by Lafayette with help from Thomas Jefferson
I had no idea about this
Tell me a bit about Washington so I can understand why they wanted Napoléon to be like him
>>
>>78480810

Here's a quote from a french historian

“Search the woods where Washington’s sword gleamed: what do you find? Tombs? No; a world! Washington has left the United States behind for a monument on the field of battle…. Washington’s Republic lives on; Bonaparte’s empire is destroyed. Washington and Bonaparte emerged from the womb of democracy: both of them born to liberty, the former remained faithful to her, the latter betrayed her.”
>>
>>78480918
I wish the First Republic lasted longer.
>>
>>78481098
Why it was chaotic and violent as all hell
>>
>>78481118
Because it's hard to destroy a thousand years old regime and replace it with something people will agree on
The following century was as much as a shitfest :
>First Republic
>First Empire
>Bourbon Restoration
>July Monarchy
>Second Republic (this one lasted 4 years)
>Second Empire
>Third Republic
And then Fourth and Fifth Republic but they are unrelated to the Revolution
>>
>>78481203

Didn't help that people weren't united and you had rabid mobs being goaded into attacking people by fat journalists that got off to violence
>>
>>78481235
Yeah
There was too many sides
>>
>>78480290
France is a mess but manages to single-handedly btfo every empire surrounding it in the name of reason and progress. Then, Napoleon comes back from military campaigns and seizes power in France, he proceeds to btfo Europe again, again and AGAIN (up to 6 times). He wrecks Venice, Austria, Prussia, Spain, Portugal etc to the point that there's not much else to liberate. Then he shitposts on 4chan "trips decide which country I invade next", the first answer is "Russia, DO IT FAGGOT" and everything goes downhill from there. Napoleon loses and is exiled but still manages to escape and gather an army on the way to Paris. Europe doesn't know what else to do so they send their best soldiers and commanders to finally crush the enlightened liberator of the oppressed European peoples. The bad guys win.

Although they lost, Napoleon's army brought the French Revolution ideals to the rest of Europe, which sparked the revolutions of 1830 and 1848 and basically created the modern world.
>>
>>78481476
Finally a sensible post :^)
>>
>>78481476
>trips decide which country I invade next
kek
>>
File: 1414504172119.png (367KB, 1000x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1414504172119.png
367KB, 1000x1332px
>>78480290
More pictures like this?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.