[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poland - the most pro-European country of the Visegrad Group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Eu support report by CBOS.jpg (51KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
Eu support report by CBOS.jpg
51KB, 400x273px
According to CBOS (Polish, national public opinion research institute) 88% of Poles support our membership in EU. 58% of Polish citizens support further integration of EU. How could such a pro-European nation choose such an anti-European government?

Link to an CBOS website (polish, so google translate): http://www.cbos.pl/PL/publikacje/news/2017/29/newsletter.php
>>
>>78380470
Because Poland is poor as shit and wants to leech off of richer European cunts
>>
>>78380470
I don't know, you tell us.
>>
>>78380576
I genuinely don't know.
>>
File: 1502218799815.jpg (109KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1502218799815.jpg
109KB, 960x960px
>>78380573
http://www.thenews.pl/1/10/Artykul/319762,Polish-MP-says-Germany-should-pay-PLN-15-trillion-in-war-reparations
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4753086/Poland-considers-demanding-WWII-reparations-Germany.html
http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Poland-seeks-Jewish-American-lawyers-502557
>>
>>78380470
Poles support the idea of the EU, but not the EU in the current form (basically German Reich). Going back to the pre-Maastricht-Treaty formula is what we want and what we gonna endevour.
>>
>>78380470
Czech Republic seemed to me the richest and most westernized out of the four, interesting to notice that they are the most euroskeptics.
>>
>>78383831
That's you good right. But I do believe that when you are truly pro-EU, you should support democratic EU decisions, even if they are not in your favour
>>
The only reason why is for you to get Merkelmonies from countries like Germany and Sweden.
>>
>>78383831
Not really. We entered EU by referendum years after the Treaty of Maastricht was finalized so it means that as a country we accepted it. The CBOS data also shows that most of Polish citizens support further integration of the EU.
>>
>>78385517
I agree in a way. Though, EU didn't manage to implement a working external/internal policy decision centre that would have a real mechanism of forcing its decisions. I wish it did, but it didn't. And so we have a situation where national (or at least considered national) interests are almost always stronger than the common good. You see our lack of solidarity in immigration crisis (that regardless of anything else I condemn) but the same time we see Germanys lack of solidarity in Nord Stream issue that is a threat to our national security. None of our countries is ready to disscuss it, both are stuck on their possition. It may not be a main reason but it is definately one of the biggest reasons why PiS won the last elections in Poland. This EU's indolence gives ammunition to populists, not just in Poland.
>>
>>78386243
regarding the Nord Stream issue, there was a liberalization of the energy market in the EU, which allowed private companies to make energy trade deals with outside parties, independant of political concernes.
And to many people in Germany, it feels like Poland is only against Nord Stream II because they are afraid to lose the transition fee.
Also, for Germans, Nord Stream II is kinda important aswell, since we made bad experience with Ukraine stealing from the pipes and not enough gas arriving in Europe
>>
>>78386419
Most of eastern EU states are against Nord Stream. You are right that our governmants consider it to be a political issue cause we do believe that energy is being used politicaly by Russia as a strategic influence "tool". But that's not a point. Our governments have differet opinion about it. The issue is clearly very importatnt for us and not very important for you. You've made an autonomous decision and there is nothing we can do about it. Besides the obvious bad PR we are getting (considering the human tragedy involved in it) those two dissagreements (Nord stream and immigrants dislocation) are both effects of the same lack of established mechanisms. As far as we have PiS in power nothing can be done about it, obviously. But There is work to be done on your side as well. No one is able to see the other sides point of view in this club lately.
>>
>>78385517

This, take your million animals Poland. Your economy is more important than anything.
>>
>>78387208
>The issue is clearly very importatnt for us and not very important for you.
The issue is really important to Germany aswell, since we are very dependant on Russian gas, especially since we abadonned nuclear power. And we made bad experiences in the past, with Ukraine stealing gas from the pipeline.
So it seems to me that this is an issue important to both of us and we should find solutions that satisfy both sides
>>
>>78387457
From where I seat by building a new Nord Stream line You guys will be even more dependent on Russia. I understand the problem with Ukraine, but again, from my perspective Ukraine is not a problem itself, it's a problem also orchestrated by Russia ;). Well, at very least I think we agree that we have a problem with some opposing interests in our common house. I just wish that we both find the solution to it, rather sooner than later and that even when we argue we should remember that there is more common interests between us. Polititians in EU often forget to mention it.
>>
>>78387952
>I just wish that we both find the solution to it
I wish so too, but cooperation is really hard with PiS. All we hear in German media about Poland is refusal of refugee quota, cutting down primeval forest, unconstitutiona reforms etc.
>>
>>78388122
It's not hard It's immposible :) Not just for you. They are impossible to reason with to anyone, even inside the country. Hopefuly they'll go away in 2 years. BTW. The only media that PiS is praised is the public TV (currently occupied by PiS). They fired all of disloyal journalists so it's a RT grade propaganda station now. I'm worried about it all, but I still believe it's just a joung democracy mistake, and we will get through it. We've been through worse after all. And looking at the polls like in the first post in here gives a lot of hope.
>>
>>78388426
Well, who am I to blame you.
We also made some very quetionable democratic decisions in the past
>>
>>78388475
Well :) Stupidity has no nationality. There are idiots everywhere. Aparently it's our time to play dumb this time. Thanks for being so civil about it. One can disagree about something and still remember that there is a bigger picture and common goal on the horizon. Have a good night.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.