/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Irish People

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

>be from southern England
>Starting new job in Cork
>Call a few people private landlords about apartments to rent
>be polite as af
>they're unfriendly and some even just hang up on me

Are they giving me a hard time cause I'm English? Or do they just not want my money
How do I get Irish people to like me?
>>
>>78372828
>Are they giving me a hard time cause I'm English?
Everyone would, you're as annoying as Americans except even more rude and retarded
>How do I get Irish people to like me?
Stop being a brit
>>
saying
>excuse me interrupting your potato feast mr paddy but could you rent me your mudhut for these fine high quality pound sterlings instead of your german money?

is not polite
>>
>>78372960
kek
>>
>>78372828

While I've never rented myself, the vast majority of people I know who have rented have generally had unpleasant experiences; it's common throughout the country because there are very little regulations on landlords and renting.

There's also the chance that when the landlords pick up on your accent, they might think you're a student looking for accommodation; most landlords will flat out refuse to deal with students.

Anyway I hope you enjoy your time here in Ireland
>>
>>78373199
Thanks
Any more tips on not pissing off the Irish?
>>
>>78373209
>>78372879
>>78372828
Wtf? Even Croats who work in Ireland don't have a problem renting from potatoniggers
>>
>>78372960
>HUNG Gary
I laughed at ur post :^)
>>
>>78372828
The Irish look down on the English. They're wealthier than you are. You can't blame them for regarding you like you would a Pakistani.
Just bow and don't make eye contact.
>>
>>78373209

Being polite is all I can say really, the vast majority of us are grand and have no problems with the English, best thing to do to anyone who does give you a hard time is ignore them.

A good way to endear yourself to the local Corkonians (I'm one myself) would be to talk about how Cork is overall better than Dublin (the rivalry is a bit like that South vs North rivalry in England)
>>
>>78373395
>the rivalry is a bit like that South vs North rivalry in England
and Cork is more like the north or the south of england? This is an important difference
>>
>>78373413

The North, the Dubs are very arrogant in the way that they think everyone wants to be from Dublin when in actuality, a lot of people have a general dislike for them
>>
>>78373574
Right, so Corkonians are the peasants
>>
>>78373599

Exactly. The word you'll hear in Ireland is "culchie"; in most of the country it refers to a rural person, in Dublin it refers to anyone who is not from the city
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.